No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Speed Queen top load washer noise on agitate. #6756555
02/03/20 09:44 PM
02/03/20 09:44 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline OP
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Well, I bought what I THOUGHT would be the best top load washer on the Market. Speed Queen ! On the day it got delivered, on first start up, it made that Squeak Squeak sound. No noise on fill up or when it is spinning and draining. Just when it is agitating back and forth. Dealer thought it was just a roller that had a flat spot. Said it should wear itself in . 6 or 7 loads later, it is still making that noise. Can hear it all the way into the Living Room. Got a repairman the Factory sent out. They greased everything. It was fine for about 5 minutes, then it started in again. Repairman talked to the Company. Now they want to replace some seals . They think that will fix the problem. I called the Company up and asked them if this does not fix the problem, how many times will they send a repairman out to try and fix it before they replace it with a new Washer???

Answer: " There are a lot of parts on a Washer and we rarely replace a Washer. We just keep trying to fix them."

Apparently, the Warranty covers repairs NOT replacement. mad

Any clue as to what is making that noise ? I watched a video on replacing the seals, It's a LONG involved process. Basically have to take the whole thing apart, put the new seals on and put it all back together. Then, you have to wait at least 3 or 4 hours to let the sealant set, Once it's set, then you have to run the Washer on spin cycle to let the new seals set in.

My concern is what if after doing all that, it still is making that racket ?

I thought that Warranty would be better with this Washer...... mad

Re: Speed Queen top load washer noise on agitate. [Re: Canvasback2] #6756659
02/03/20 11:07 PM
02/03/20 11:07 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
start taking video of it and saying the day and what the repair man did show the invoice ect.. your state likely has a lemon law but you need to document it well to get it replaced.

in the mean time sorry you have to play the game , it isn't the repair guys fault , keep him on your side have him help you document every part that goes in

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Speed Queen top load washer noise on agitate. [Re: Canvasback2] #6757032
02/04/20 09:51 AM
02/04/20 09:51 AM
eastern washington
B
BillyTraps Offline
trapper
BillyTraps  Offline
trapper
B

eastern washington
https://youtu.be/k8AItw_oHFo
dealer replaced the washer for these folks

Re: Speed Queen top load washer noise on agitate. [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6757051
02/04/20 10:04 AM
02/04/20 10:04 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
start taking video of it and saying the day and what the repair man did show the invoice ect.. your state likely has a lemon law but you need to document it well to get it replaced.

in the mean time sorry you have to play the game , it isn't the repair guys fault , keep him on your side have him help you document every part that goes in

This. I would also call speed queen and inform them of the problem and let them know nicely that your ready to start posting all over social media. That has weight nowadays.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread