No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert #6764733
02/09/20 09:33 PM
02/09/20 09:33 PM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline OP
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline OP
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
There are a few bills before the Nebraska Unicameral that will have a huge impact on our 2nd Amendment rights if passed. One made it out of a very liberal Judicial Committee (LB 58 the red flag bill) and another will be heard by that same committee on February 21st (LB 816). Both of these bills would violate many amendments of the US Constitution if allowed to pass. This kind of back door gun control is going on all over the country. Their is a local gun store in Lincoln who is sponsoring a day of expressing your opinion at the capital that day. Also the Nebraska Firearm Owners Association is doing what it can to make sportsman and firearm owners aware of these bad bills. I would encourage concerned citizens of Nebraska to learn more on these bills and contact your senator in the unicameral to voice you opinion. If you want to help spread the word to other sportsman and firearm owners please do so by any means you can. Also visit the NFOA website on the webb or on face book to learn more. Please be polite and non threatening in all communications with those who will be deciding the fate of these 2 bills. Here is a flyer by the NFOA. Now is the time to take action and voice your right to stand with the 2nd !! [Linked Image]

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6764743
02/09/20 09:40 PM
02/09/20 09:40 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
It would be nice to know what changes to Nebraska law would be made by these "bad bills," and how they would impact Second Amendment rights in that state.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6764752
02/09/20 09:53 PM
02/09/20 09:53 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
LB58 is a red flag law, LB 816 requires some sort of certificate to transfer (buy/sell/rent/loan) certain habguns and semiautomatic rifles and shotguns.

Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: James] #6764800
02/09/20 10:25 PM
02/09/20 10:25 PM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline OP
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline OP
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
James , I'll tell you from what I can make out of the bills they are not good for firearm owners. The bills , if you attempt to read them. were written by some lawyer. While most common folk senators can get their point of their bill as written in a couple 3 or 4 pages, these bills are a "hard time understanding for the common folk legal mumbo jumbo nightmare". 20 to 25 pages long. I don't know if your a lawyer or not, don't care either. Most red flag laws are just a backdoor approach at gun control or gun confiscation. I know of no one …. not even a trained counselor or therapist who can be sure 100% and state that 1 person out of a hundred they pick will flip out and do a gun crime. Or say for sure the other 99 who could flip out but show no signs of doing so never will. In this world now a days of bad divorces and break ups I can assure you many many will lie to hurt the other party or get them in trouble legally. Child custody case can get dirty. And why only pick on firearms if you are concerned about some one hurting some one else. Knives, baseball bats, poison, vehicles, electricity, propane or natural gas, rope, ete...etc. All of the mentioned items have been used to kill someone in the past. But these bills only focus on firearms. What about alcohol. You hear everyday where the abuse of it has caused the death of many. Every day !!! . But take away our 2nd amendment rights or infringe on them till they are gone. That's what they want. As far as LB 816 from what I can make out ALL guns would be treated like handguns. You must have a permit to buy or sell. Could not give any gun to anyone... unless they are checked out and permitted to receive it. Want to make the State patrol have the power to track or keep knowledge of permits. This is just what I can get out of it. Many tell me there is more to the bill than that. If anyone wants to know more they can find out for themselves by going to the Nebraska Unicameral webb site and typing in the bill and reading for them selves what all it pertains too. I've seen and heard enough to know it's just more red tape against freedom loving supporters of the 2nd amendment. [Linked Image]

Last edited by NebrCatMan; 02/09/20 10:28 PM.

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6764848
02/09/20 11:20 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
It will be interesting to see who has donated to the campaigns of those sponsoring and voting for this bill. Follow the money and I bet it leads to Bloomberg.

-Ryan
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6764849
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
How can the people STOP there elected officials for not following the Constitution of the United State that they pledge to protect. This is just another State that is follow other State. When is it going to end?

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6764881
02/09/20 11:56 PM
02/09/20 11:56 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
my concern is every state with a permit to purchase handgun , is already conditioned for much more by the decades long acceptance of such significant over-reach of authority that is permit to purchase.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6764918
02/10/20 12:50 AM
02/10/20 12:50 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by NebrCatMan
James , I'll tell you from what I can make out of the bills they are not good for firearm owners. The bills , if you attempt to read them. were written by some lawyer. While most common folk senators can get their point of their bill as written in a couple 3 or 4 pages, these bills are a "hard time understanding for the common folk legal mumbo jumbo nightmare". 20 to 25 pages long. I don't know if your a lawyer or not, don't care either. Most red flag laws are just a backdoor approach at gun control or gun confiscation. I know of no one …. not even a trained counselor or therapist who can be sure 100% and state that 1 person out of a hundred they pick will flip out and do a gun crime. Or say for sure the other 99 who could flip out but show no signs of doing so never will. In this world now a days of bad divorces and break ups I can assure you many many will lie to hurt the other party or get them in trouble legally. Child custody case can get dirty. And why only pick on firearms if you are concerned about some one hurting some one else. Knives, baseball bats, poison, vehicles, electricity, propane or natural gas, rope, ete...etc. All of the mentioned items have been used to kill someone in the past. But these bills only focus on firearms. What about alcohol. You hear everyday where the abuse of it has caused the death of many. Every day !!! . But take away our 2nd amendment rights or infringe on them till they are gone. That's what they want. As far as LB 816 from what I can make out ALL guns would be treated like handguns. You must have a permit to buy or sell. Could not give any gun to anyone... unless they are checked out and permitted to receive it. Want to make the State patrol have the power to track or keep knowledge of permits. This is just what I can get out of it. Many tell me there is more to the bill than that. If anyone wants to know more they can find out for themselves by going to the Nebraska Unicameral webb site and typing in the bill and reading for them selves what all it pertains too. I've seen and heard enough to know it's just more red tape against freedom loving supporters of the 2nd amendment. [Linked Image]

Good analysis of the issue. I agree.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6764953
02/10/20 03:31 AM
02/10/20 03:31 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I see Utah is also under attack with at least 3 bills introduced. Big nationwide push !!!

Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6764966
02/10/20 06:22 AM
02/10/20 06:22 AM
N.W. Pennsylvania
JTaddeo Offline
trapper
JTaddeo  Offline
trapper

N.W. Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
my concern is every state with a permit to purchase handgun , is already conditioned for much more by the decades long acceptance of such significant over-reach of authority that is permit to purchase.

Absolutely and it's not just confined to this particular point, although it's important, but also anything else where there is a time that people become conditioned.

Keep your boots dry and your powder too.

I remember when a fur check was reality.....now I'm just trapping for the love of it.

Best Regards,

JT
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: hippie] #6765069
02/10/20 08:45 AM
02/10/20 08:45 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by hippie
I see Utah is also under attack with at least 3 bills introduced. Big nationwide push !!!

Guess who, Michael Bloomberg!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6765070
02/10/20 08:47 AM
02/10/20 08:47 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Michigan has on the legislative docket this year also, 2nd time.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6765076
02/10/20 08:56 AM
02/10/20 08:56 AM
South Central Nebraska age 71
tmrschessie Offline
trapper
tmrschessie  Offline
trapper

South Central Nebraska age 71
and mini tim wants to be president

Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6765086
02/10/20 09:00 AM
02/10/20 09:00 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Legislators aren't at work here right now but I expect red flag legislation to be introduced this session. The local news is trying to sell it now. We are a republican controlled state so maybe there is hope. However in othe states republicans have passed such legislation.

Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6765703
02/10/20 08:08 PM
02/10/20 08:08 PM
MO
T
trap master Offline
trapper
trap master  Offline
trapper
T

MO
Getting There... I will answer your question. you ask how can we stop them? The way I see it is the only way we stop them in the end is to take up arms and use them in the very way the it was intended in the constitution. to defend against a tyrannical government.

Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6765929
02/10/20 11:01 PM
02/10/20 11:01 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
James , I'll tell you from what I can make out of the bills they are not good for firearm owners. The bills , if you attempt to read them. were written by some lawyer. While most common folk senators can get their point of their bill as written in a couple 3 or 4 pages, these bills are a "hard time understanding for the common folk legal mumbo jumbo nightmare". 20 to 25 pages long. I don't know if your a lawyer or not, don't care either. Most red flag laws are just a backdoor approach at gun control or gun confiscation. I know of no one …. not even a trained counselor or therapist who can be sure 100% and state that 1 person out of a hundred they pick will flip out and do a gun crime. Or say for sure the other 99 who could flip out but show no signs of doing so never will. In this world now a days of bad divorces and break ups I can assure you many many will lie to hurt the other party or get them in trouble legally. Child custody case can get dirty. And why only pick on firearms if you are concerned about some one hurting some one else. Knives, baseball bats, poison, vehicles, electricity, propane or natural gas, rope, ete...etc. All of the mentioned items have been used to kill someone in the past. But these bills only focus on firearms. What about alcohol. You hear everyday where the abuse of it has caused the death of many. Every day !!! . But take away our 2nd amendment rights or infringe on them till they are gone. That's what they want. As far as LB 816 from what I can make out ALL guns would be treated like handguns. You must have a permit to buy or sell. Could not give any gun to anyone... unless they are checked out and permitted to receive it. Want to make the State patrol have the power to track or keep knowledge of permits. This is just what I can get out of it. Many tell me there is more to the bill than that. If anyone wants to know more they can find out for themselves by going to the Nebraska Unicameral webb site and typing in the bill and reading for them selves what all it pertains too. I've seen and heard enough to know it's just more red tape against freedom loving supporters of the 2nd amendment.

The day I can't gift a gun of mine to my kid or brother or nephew is the day they might as well kick in the door and let's light it up for a few seconds because that is just WRONG as free men and women. Somebody better tell Mini Mike and his buddies that we're not going to go quietly into the night...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6767945
02/12/20 05:10 PM
02/12/20 05:10 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Just put in my time off sheet at work. I'll be there.

Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: Getting There] #6767993
02/12/20 06:16 PM
02/12/20 06:16 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by Getting There
How can the people STOP there elected officials for not following the Constitution of the United State that they pledge to protect. This is just another State that is follow other State. When is it going to end?

It will end when we rise up and hang all the traitors of the constitution. Then and only then!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Nebraska 2nd Amendment Alert [Re: NebrCatMan] #6768309
02/12/20 10:36 PM
02/12/20 10:36 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan