No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6763655
02/08/20 11:30 PM
02/08/20 11:30 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Way too many stories for me.

Few months back a tman member was here for work/ vacation. Someone in his party took a pic during lunch and a female ghost was in the pic.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6763697
02/09/20 12:03 AM
02/09/20 12:03 AM
upstate NY
M
Mr. Ed Offline
trapper
Mr. Ed  Offline
trapper
M

upstate NY
I have a story that my grandmother, mother, aunt and uncle told me many times. My grandparents were farmers and this happened back in the 1930's. They did not have a phone. My grandmother was coming back from the barn and heard someone walking through the leaves. She kept saying who is there but never got a response. When she got into the house my mother and aunt who were about 5 and 11 in one room and my uncle about 13 in another bedroom all seen an image float across their bedroom ceilings. Had no clue what it was. The next day they got a telegram that a relative had passed away in NYC about the time they seen the image.
One time I was traveling home through the countryside from work and as I made a turn,my headlights pointed out into a field. I was able to make out an old man dressed 1940's style with the long coat and typical I think its called a fedora hat. Even though the image was at least 100 yds out I could make it out as an old man and wrinkled face. 2 days later my grandfather died. He was 91 and was always dressed like that.
My father passed in 1994. He had helped me plant a doz apple trees on the far side of my lawn which was about 300 feet from the house. A couple of weeks after he passed we were outside with my daughter who was 3 1/2 at the time. She said who is that man over there ? I said where ? She pointed to the apple trees. I said show me. Well she was kinda skipping and not paying attention and I asked her as we walked if he was still there. She said right there and she pointed. As we got up to the trees she said where did he go ? My father would always check out the apple trees before coming into the house whenever he visited. My daughter never knew this.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6763758
02/09/20 12:50 AM
02/09/20 12:50 AM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Online content
trapper
Bigbrownie  Online Content
trapper
B

Pa.
When I started working underground back in the 70s, a lot of miners had ghost stories. Two of the mines I worked were opened in the early 1900s with many hundreds of miners employed, and over time, experienced fatalities. In an area where accidents had occurred, someone would say they’ve seen a ghost. Some of the new hires would be so spooked that they wouldn’t go back into the old workings when nature called.

A mine I worked in the 80s had a foreman killed in a roof fall while pulling pillars shortly before I started working there. A couple of the foreman claimed they would see a flame moving slowly in front of them along the track while making exams on idle weekend shifts. They said it was the flame safety light of the dead foreman, and that the track switch would throw itself when they approached the crossing. They claimed the dead foreman was helping them out by tossing the switch. One foreman claimed he spoke with the ghost once.

I pulled a lot of trips from that section, the switch never got thrown for me, had to get off my motor and throw it myself. Must not have liked union motormen, only foreman.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6763769
02/09/20 01:07 AM
02/09/20 01:07 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I've never witnessed any of this with my own two eyes, but supposedly my house might have a "ghost" or two. Lol

My ex wife and her boy said my house was haunted... She gobbled up that Ghost Hunter crap and tended to be on the overly dramatic side so I didn't put any stock in it. We parted ways and I thought no more about it.

Fast forward several years and I remarried. And my youngest daughter had come to live with me, my wife, and 2 stepsons. I had gone to bed one night and I remember laying there with a weird feeling... I woke up and all 3 kids were standing at the foot of the bed. They were whispering back and forth about who should wake me up. LOL.

Apparently my daughter was in her room and saw someone staring at her through her bedroom window. So she told the boys and they all came to wake me up. I grabbed a pistol and flashlight and headed outside. The window she claimed to see the peeper looking through looked out into the carport. There was a large puddle of water on the concrete floor of the carport... Anyone who had walked up to that particular window would have had to step in it. No wet footprints on the concrete... No tracks in the dew in the grass leading up to the concrete. I shrugged it off and chalked it up to my daughter catching her own reflection in the window and mistaking it for a prowler. Or just being a typical excitable teenage girl.

Fast forward another year or two. I get home from work and my wife tells me about her day... A trip to the eye doctor for the oldest boy. She then asks if I remember my daughter seeing someone peering through her window. I said yes and asked why. She said when she was at the eye doctor the receptionist had asked for information for records, billing, etc... My wife gave her our address and the receptionist said, "Why do I know that address?"

Turns out the receptionist had lived in my house years before I bought it. She then looked my wife in the eye and asked if we had seen the face in the window. She described the very bedroom and exact window that my daughter had seen the person looking through.

Kinda creeped me out a bit. But until I smell sulfur or see the walls bleed I'm staying... I just paid the place off and had central heat/air installed. Lol

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6763844
02/09/20 07:46 AM
02/09/20 07:46 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
There is a lot of things that happen that there is no absolute explanation, from man any way. When a separation of someone who is really close comes by death, I think our brains by nature have a way of dealing with it without us evening knowing the mechanics of it. When the Jews would have a death of family or friend , they would say a mourners qaddish. They would pray each day for a departed relative friend for 30 days and for a parent they would pray for 11 months less one day. My thought on that is though they were praying for the deceased actually it was for the living and not the dead. It helped them deal with tragedy slowly, sort of like rising slowly in water without get the bends. While we don't say the qaddish ours minds may still have a natural way of dealing with it by seeing, hearing, or feeling. I know after after the death of my mom any time I would smell cookies baking it would bring back the sense that she was near. It was saddening yet comforting, as time went by it lessened.

I think when more than one person is involved in a incident it gets more complicated but maybe we can more assured that definitely something is happening and we are not crazy, lol.

Last edited by Foxpaw; 02/09/20 07:49 AM.
Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6763854
02/09/20 08:05 AM
02/09/20 08:05 AM
Wisconsin
D
Dirk Offline
trapper
Dirk  Offline
trapper
D

Wisconsin
My wife and I have heard footsteps upstairs quite a few times, dryer door in the basement has slammed closed once and I was the only one home. Was in my party room/bar area at about 8pm one night, my lab growled at the window I looked and saw someone walk by to the door, I opened the door and no one was there. Since it was dark out and the lights were on inside only thing I could think of is someone walked behind me and I saw the reflection in the window.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: James] #6763999
02/09/20 10:15 AM
02/09/20 10:15 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by James
I put ghosts, angels, and demons in the same category: they're supernatural beings whose existence has not been proved in hundreds of years of investigation. Might as well believe in the Easter Bunny. Jim

I used to think the same. But unless "something" happens to you directly, it's hard to believe when there is so much BS out there.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6765460
02/10/20 03:24 PM
02/10/20 03:24 PM
St. Croix County, Wisconsin
T
ToTheWoods Offline
trapper
ToTheWoods  Offline
trapper
T

St. Croix County, Wisconsin
I have never seen a UFO but that doesn't mean that I am closed minded into saying they don't exist. Same with a "ghost" but I can relate some things that have happened.

When we first moved into the house we live in it was about two months and the wife said something to me about seeing shadows in the house. I asked her to explain and she said she had seen a white shadow on the steps and hallway upstairs and a black one in the living area. I chalked it up to peripheral vision playing tricks on her. We agreed not to say anything to the youngest as it would only put the thought in her head. Six months later my daughter is awake and downstairs at 530 am on a Saturday morning. When I asked why she was up she related that she saw a white "thing" in her room. For a fw years we had some weird things happen. Like the lights in the garage turning off. Silverware that I know I put in the center of the plate like I always do after rinsing suddenly falling on the floor. Experiences with the feeling that someone had sat down on the bed next to you for my son in the basement.

I asked the farmer up the road if he knew about anything happening around there. He said no and the wild thing was when I described what my wife and daughter had saw he casually mentioned that the area was called "Shadow Pines". So just because I have never seen anything personally doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6765504
02/10/20 04:07 PM
02/10/20 04:07 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Figment of your amagination.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6765516
02/10/20 04:19 PM
02/10/20 04:19 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
I believe!!!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6765957
02/10/20 11:19 PM
02/10/20 11:19 PM
NW Mo
M
Michael Lippold Offline
trapper
Michael Lippold  Offline
trapper
M

NW Mo
I work at a feed mill, and My foreman was at work one morning getting lights and air compressors turned on. He then went to the shop to get the boiler fired up for the day. When he opened the door to the shop there was a man standing in there. He was dressed in pin striped bibs and had one of them denim hats like the train conductors wear in the old movies. Said the man looked up at him then stepped into the boiler room. When he stepped in the boiler room no one was in there. He told our manager when he arrived and he thought he was crazy!

When I was a kid we lived in an old farm house that was built around 1900 and my mom had a couple experiences. She was home alone once or twice I can’t remember for sure and would hear her name being called. Also woke up one morning and her perfumes and other bathroom items were arranged from tallest to smallest and that’s not how mom kept them placed.

I personally haven’t experienced anything definitive happen to me personally but I still believe in ghosts or spirits of some kind.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6766178
02/11/20 09:40 AM
02/11/20 09:40 AM
Central New York
D
Dewey NY Offline
trapper
Dewey NY  Offline
trapper
D

Central New York
Not a believer. I would think if there was such a thing, they would make themselves present more often. I mean, what else do they have to do....

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6766255
02/11/20 11:15 AM
02/11/20 11:15 AM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline
trapper
MnMan  Offline
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Trapstickman has been visited by beaver ghosts from the past.

[Linked Image]

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: What about ghosts? [Re: MnMan] #6766265
02/11/20 11:27 AM
02/11/20 11:27 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by MnMan
Trapstickman has been visited by beaver ghosts from the past.

[Linked Image]

Hahaha !!! Boo!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: Michael Lippold] #6766288
02/11/20 11:52 AM
02/11/20 11:52 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted by Michael Lippold
I work at a feed mill, and My foreman was at work one morning getting lights and air compressors turned on. He then went to the shop to get the boiler fired up for the day. When he opened the door to the shop there was a man standing in there. He was dressed in pin striped bibs and had one of them denim hats like the train conductors wear in the old movies. Said the man looked up at him then stepped into the boiler room. When he stepped in the boiler room no one was in there. He told our manager when he arrived and he thought he was crazy!

When I was a kid we lived in an old farm house that was built around 1900 and my mom had a couple experiences. She was home alone once or twice I can’t remember for sure and would hear her name being called. Also woke up one morning and her perfumes and other bathroom items were arranged from tallest to smallest and that’s not how mom kept them placed.

I personally haven’t experienced anything definitive happen to me personally but I still believe in ghosts or spirits of some kind.

Was he noted for drinking some the night before??

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: What about ghosts? [Re: B. Shope] #6766382
02/11/20 01:52 PM
02/11/20 01:52 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister

Central Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by B. Shope
hey Nittany what about all those ghost sightings around Gettysburg Battle field?

LOL. My step daughter once upon a time was a civil war re-enactor and claimed the battlefield at Gettysburg was haunted. She told of numerous encounters she experienced. I told her I want to experience an encounter so one weekend she gave me a guided tour. She told of several areas of the battlefield where an occurrence was most likely to happen and told me the time of day was the best chance to see it. I do not recall the one section's name but there was a field and maybe a hundred yards beyond the field was a wooded area. She told me if I walked into the woods I most likely would have an experience, lol. She was afraid and would not go along with me. The best time was at dusk. There were other people standing at the field and in the field a little ways looking towards the woods but no one was going towards the woods. I walked through the field and into the woods and walked around in the woods for perhaps 20-30 minutes and I did not experience anything what so ever. We then went to what I think she called Devils Den. I remember she followed a trail going up a hill and then coming back down. I was behind her and all of a sudden she took off running and ran all the way to the bottom. When I got to the bottom I asked why she ran and she said didn't you see it? She claimed there was an experience as she called it and the experience was a bright light kind of like a dot that disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. I laughed and said do you mean that fire fly that a bird swooped in on and ate?

Last edited by Nittany Lion; 02/11/20 02:03 PM.

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6766391
02/11/20 01:59 PM
02/11/20 01:59 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Is there any photographers on here that has any experience with orbs. I had some relation that was going to prove ghost to me by taking pictures at night in a cemetery. I didn't go, he and a lady friend took the pictures but they didn't convince me. We soon parted company after that when he shot my house while my wife was in the yard mowing.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: PAskinner] #6766464
02/11/20 02:11 PM
02/11/20 02:11 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by PAskinner
I don't believe in Ghosts, but I won't discount the possibility of God allowing your loved ones to speak to you after they are gone. However, I would be very careful here, because demons can pretend to be what they are not.

When my oldest son was 4, he one day started talking about my grandfather. My grandfather had passed before I had children. He would talk about things they talked about. This went on for about 6 months. He has no recollection of those conversations today.

-Goofy-
Re: What about ghosts? [Re: KeithC] #6766574
02/11/20 04:16 PM
02/11/20 04:16 PM
Virginia
B
Bud Mackes Offline
trapper
Bud Mackes  Offline
trapper
B

Virginia
When I was about fourteen I stayed at my Grandma's house while my folks stayed at another Aunts house in another town. My Grandfather had died many years earlier. My Aunt still lived with my Grandmother and had moved into the Master bedroom and my Grandma stayed downstairs and slept on the couch. I was staying in my Aunts old bedroom. I woke up in the early morning and was wide awake. I felt like someone was staring at me and I was scared to look towards the bedroom door and when I finally did I could see a man standing at the doorway and the light in the hallway reflected off his bald head. I threw my head under the covers freaking out and trying to think who it could be. I finally got brave enough to take another look and he was still standing there!! I threw my head under the covers again scared out of my wits. It took a very long time but I eventually feel back to sleep. When I woke up I went downstairs and told my Grandma what I had seen and she said "oh, thats just your grandfather! I see him all the time". I called my parents and told them to come get me as I was not staying another night there. My Dad was not very happy but he came and got me and took me to stay with another Aunt and Uncle. True story.

Re: What about ghosts? [Re: ] #6766588
02/11/20 04:46 PM
02/11/20 04:46 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Originally Posted by bleeohio
Demons, yes. Ghosts, no.

Bingo!
Bible clearly states that human souls cannot visit, nor remain on, the Earth.
Thus anything "supernatural" can only be human imagination, angelic or demonic.

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/ghosts

https://answersingenesis.org/angels-and-demons/do-you-believe-in-ghosts/

https://biblereasons.com/ghosts/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread