No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: danny clifton] #6768871
02/13/20 02:28 PM
02/13/20 02:28 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by danny clifton
looks like they changed it to 15 and a judge has to be involved

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/utah-law/utah-marriage-age-requirements-laws.html

Well crap, I just read something completely different.....Okay 15 with court approval, gotcha.

Last edited by ky_coyote_hunter; 02/13/20 02:29 PM.

Member - FTA
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6768872
02/13/20 02:29 PM
02/13/20 02:29 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
whatever the age how hard is it to get a unique address for separate dwellings on a piece of property. especially in a county where polygamy is practiced by the majority of the residents?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6768877
02/13/20 02:30 PM
02/13/20 02:30 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
trapper

Kentucky
Good question.... The welfare fraud is one big problem I'd have with it.

Member - FTA
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #6768882
02/13/20 02:37 PM
02/13/20 02:37 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

Maybe the solution is welfare reform then. There is no reason we should incentive single motherhood, if you have a kid and cant afford them and your family and community is unwilling to help... there is a long wait for adoptable babies.

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: danny clifton] #6768885
02/13/20 02:38 PM
02/13/20 02:38 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
whatever the age how hard is it to get a unique address for separate dwellings on a piece of property. especially in a county where polygamy is practiced by the majority of the residents?

Guess it would depend on the municipality.

Some wont let you just subdivide Willy nilly. If you do subdivide you would get charged more property taxes more than likely.

During interview process they will ask how many people live at the property. If an investigator notices that a person is there more than xx amounts of nights per month or account (assistance)could be closed

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6768899
02/13/20 02:52 PM
02/13/20 02:52 PM
wyoming
C
crowheart Offline
trapper
crowheart  Offline
trapper
C

wyoming
You people just need to drink the right beer! [Linked Image]

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6768903
02/13/20 02:58 PM
02/13/20 02:58 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by tjm
Take the church out of it, is everyone still opposed to polygamy?

Done, Church is out of it for me. I oppose gay marriage, polygamy, legalized drugs (to various degrees). I do not practice religion, I am just a Conservative who would like to see the country and culture continue.

So, you think the string of abandoned ex-wives and single mothers is better for society than the same number of women and kids would be in stable plural marriages?

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6768919
02/13/20 03:08 PM
02/13/20 03:08 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
as the father of 18 and 15 year old daughters who married his 21 year old wife at age 21 I can tell you neither of my daughters are ready to marry.

modern society keeps telling us that 18 year olds are not old enough or mature enough to own a firearm which is an inanimate object that basically has one rule don't point it at anything you don't intend to shoot.

yet thinks a 14, 15, 16 , 17 year old girl granted with consent of her parents is old enough to marry and enter into a very complex relationship for life.

I have 2 cousins who got married early 17 , I won't go into detail but I think 18 and 25 years post first weddings and several other failed marriages later they really weren't.

I am willing to say there might could be a 16 or 17 year old that is mature enough for marriage and if they are they will have no problem first becoming an emancipated minor aka under age but legal adult.

my parents also got married at 19 and are still together I am sure some ones grandmother here got married at 14 , 15, 16 , 17 but I think we can also say that it was a different time. creeping that Marriage age up to 18 without emancipation at least insures everyone is a legal consenting adult .

maybe some give and take you can marry as many spouses as you like as long as all the spouses sign each marriage license independently and are legal adults entering into the union with all the spouses of their own free will.

I don't care what consenting adults do with each other but minors shouldn't be getting married.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: crowheart] #6768927
02/13/20 03:16 PM
02/13/20 03:16 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by crowheart
Lol, Wonder if they stock that brew in Utah?

Member - FTA
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #6768931
02/13/20 03:23 PM
02/13/20 03:23 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by crowheart
Lol, Wonder if they stock that brew in Utah?

It's brewed in Utah.

Keith

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: tjm] #6768933
02/13/20 03:25 PM
02/13/20 03:25 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by tjm

Done, Church is out of it for me. I oppose gay marriage, polygamy, legalized drugs (to various degrees). I do not practice religion, I am just a Conservative who would like to see the country and culture continue.

So, you think the string of abandoned ex-wives and single mothers is better for society than the same number of women and kids would be in stable plural marriages?

How did you possibly infer that from what I've said?

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: KeithC] #6768937
02/13/20 03:28 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
trapper

Kentucky

It's brewed in Utah.

Keith

Perfect!

Member - FTA
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6768938
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We can not legislate people into responsibility. Government can, and does, reward irresponsible behavior though. IMO this needs to stop. The government is taking money from the working man, who has to carefully budget to take care of his family. Then the government gives it to someone else who does not want to take responsibility for themselves or their children. If that family man that earns says no, I wont pay, then men with guns put him in prison. This has to stop. The only outcome of rewarding irresponsible behavior is more irresponsible behavior.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: danny clifton] #6768945
02/13/20 03:38 PM
02/13/20 03:38 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
We can not legislate people into responsibility.

Where legalized drug use has gone up, prostitution is most popular where legal. I think we can legislate morality/responsibility (to a degree).

I agree with everything else you said about enabling.

Last edited by Donnersurvivor; 02/13/20 03:38 PM.
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6769053
02/13/20 04:50 PM
02/13/20 04:50 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted by tjm

How did you possibly infer that from what I've said?

On what other basis could you be opposed to polygamy, if not religious? It seems obvious to me that one is the alternative of the other.

Personally, I think every man that takes a second woman, with or without marriage, should be required to live with both or all. It might make fewer divorces and fewer single moms. You think we can legislate responsible men?

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769066
02/13/20 04:56 PM
02/13/20 04:56 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
GCP, The ever increasing age of majority is the enabling of advanced irresponsibility on the part of our youth, if men are old enough to reproduce at 13 years make them take responsibility at that age or make their parents responsible for all their babies and for the son's baby mommies too. Telling a 15 year old that they can't be responsible is telling them to be irresponsible. By age 21 a vigorous young man could have left behind a dozen kids that we have told him he is incapable of being responsible for and a young woman could have had several babies that we are willing to absolve her of responsibility for and place in the care of the state.
We need to teach responsibility to children before they reach puberty not at middle age. Our society wants to enable immoral actions? If that's so, we should require children to stay at home til age 26, or more.

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769069
02/13/20 04:57 PM
02/13/20 04:57 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
I dont believe the Mormon men are submissive to their Wives wishes in any way

Not procreation for strength...nah just don't believe that

Their chauvinism wouldnt allow for that.

It was A Mans Set up from the start.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: tjm] #6769070
02/13/20 04:58 PM
02/13/20 04:58 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by tjm

On what other basis could you be opposed to polygamy, if not religious? It seems obvious to me that one is the alternative of the other.

Personally, I think every man that takes a second woman, with or without marriage, should be required to live with both or all. It might make fewer divorces and fewer single moms. You think we can legislate responsible men?

Did you miss all my other post in this thread? I am wondering if you are accidentally confusing polygamy and monogamy?

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6769085
02/13/20 05:11 PM
02/13/20 05:11 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota

Maybe the solution is welfare reform then. There is no reason we should incentive single motherhood, if you have a kid and cant afford them and your family and community is unwilling to help... there is a long wait for adoptable babies.

There's a very strong reason for this: the democrats have been buying votes with welfare and other government programs for decades. And when Lyndon Johnson said he would have the blacks voting democrats for the rest of their lives, this is what he was talking about. The democrats have always believed that if they cannot physically enslave the blacks they will economically enslave them and it's worked pretty well for them.

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: tjm] #6769108
02/13/20 05:31 PM
02/13/20 05:31 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by tjm
GCP, The ever increasing age of majority is the enabling of advanced irresponsibility on the part of our youth, if men are old enough to reproduce at 13 years make them take responsibility at that age or make their parents responsible for all their babies and for the son's baby mommies too. Telling a 15 year old that they can't be responsible is telling them to be irresponsible. By age 21 a vigorous young man could have left behind a dozen kids that we have told him he is incapable of being responsible for and a young woman could have had several babies that we are willing to absolve her of responsibility for and place in the care of the state.
We need to teach responsibility to children before they reach puberty not at middle age. Our society wants to enable immoral actions? If that's so, we should require children to stay at home til age 26, or more.

I am all about responsibility and teaching responsibility.
there are definitely stages of responsibility.
teaching kids about guns and safety even if they want nothing to do with them a very minimal there is no such thing as a loaded gun and if you want to see a gun you have to ask your mother or I and we will get it for you and show you and supervise.

my first child to start puberty was age 11 explained the realities of how bodies work , it was no mystery when we got done explaining. keeping it as age appropriate as one can concentrated on the science of it.

sat my son down and he got the same understanding of how the body male and female works.

the parents are also absolutely responsible for what their minors do to some extent if your daughter gets pregnant at 16 then you as her parent need to help her with that child till she is 18 as well as the boy and his family working out a custody schedule and making sure someone is always caring for the child and that it is being well provided for.

I absolutely am about your an adult , and full adult responsibilities at 18 does that make me think my 18 year old daughter is ready for marriage no she hasn't graduated high-school yet.

I am also opposed to children living at home till 26 , I moved out to attend school at 17 never moved home again I visited on weekends I made it work others can too if they put some effort in.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread