No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769205
02/13/20 06:15 PM
02/13/20 06:15 PM
Livingston, Texas
S
Sheepdog1 Offline
trapper
Sheepdog1  Offline
trapper
S

Livingston, Texas
better own a silk farm and one hec of a cotton farm. Not to mention a distillery and headache remedy

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769225
02/13/20 06:30 PM
02/13/20 06:30 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
I told my kids I wasn't going to raise their pets or their illegitimate children. Haven't had to do either. My daughter in law will be delivering my first grandchild in June.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769441
02/13/20 10:39 PM
02/13/20 10:39 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Originally Posted by Pike River
Wouod be interesting if we start to see matriarchal families where one woman ties down a few fellas with income like in some Indian cultures.

That would look like a ball of garter snakes mating!!

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769449
02/13/20 10:45 PM
02/13/20 10:45 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Read the book " Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer. There is also a documentary I believe on Netflix. The FLDS ones are screwed up. I believe it's Colorado City where a big portion lives. Sickening!!!!

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: snowy] #6769603
02/14/20 01:31 AM
02/14/20 01:31 AM
MT
B
brn2fsh Offline
trapper
brn2fsh  Offline
trapper
B

MT
And his father is from a polygamist colany in Mexico.

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: KeithC] #6769614
02/14/20 01:43 AM
02/14/20 01:43 AM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
Originally Posted by KeithC
As long as all the people in a polygamous marriage are consenting adults, I don't care who marries who. It's their business, not mine.

Keith

It is a matter of DNA. One male with 5 wives could father 60 children, all inter related with the same defects of the original male. Interbreeding creates weaker DNA, retardation and amplifies the problem of disease. For example, the father might have heart disease, and as his children would not have nothing but other close cousins as the same male family would have all the wives, it would produce a race of humans with bad hearts.

It becomes all of our business as a weakened gene pool is not there for us when we are old, to protect us from other nations in war, or from more healthy criminals in the next state over, who decide they want our nice things. Whether it is homosexuals using sex for their own political means or one male producing a race of inbreds, it all weakens the nation, and every person has the responsibility to not be a burden on the community, as a family living traditionally is being infringed on by those who are violating the social and medical realities.

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769636
02/14/20 05:04 AM
02/14/20 05:04 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
so your saying the government needs to dna test every american male? any defectives need sterilized?

you going to give jews or amish a pass? they are closed societys that been around a long while too.

Last edited by danny clifton; 02/14/20 05:06 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: star flakes] #6769715
02/14/20 08:07 AM
02/14/20 08:07 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by star flakes
As long as all the people in a polygamous marriage are consenting adults, I don't care who marries who. It's their business, not mine.

Keith

It is a matter of DNA. One male with 5 wives could father 60 children, all inter related with the same defects of the original male. Interbreeding creates weaker DNA, retardation and amplifies the problem of disease. For example, the father might have heart disease, and as his children would not have nothing but other close cousins as the same male family would have all the wives, it would produce a race of humans with bad hearts.

It becomes all of our business as a weakened gene pool is not there for us when we are old, to protect us from other nations in war, or from more healthy criminals in the next state over, who decide they want our nice things. Whether it is homosexuals using sex for their own political means or one male producing a race of inbreds, it all weakens the nation, and every person has the responsibility to not be a burden on the community, as a family living traditionally is being infringed on by those who are violating the social and medical realities.

Can anyone comment about DNA to explain about the clans were not to mix with Moab and Ammon until the 10th generation had passed. Ruth was a descendant from Moab from which David and Jesus was descendants. I have heard some try to get around the link by saying Ruth wasn't a descendant from Moab but I doubt that holds water.

Another thought is if the effects of DNA is almost mute after 10 generations, then how did the writers know that unless the Word was inspired?

Last edited by Foxpaw; 02/14/20 08:20 AM. Reason: Substituted clan for tribe
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769844
02/14/20 10:41 AM
02/14/20 10:41 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

I also found some stuff that says you can have same DNA and not be any closer related than just human. They call that DNA by state or by descent. I didn't list any links because they are selling dna stuff and explaining why theirs is best, and I'm more ignorant than a hog on ice on the subject.

Nor am I pro on the multiple wife thing, just seeking knowledge.

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6769912
02/14/20 11:56 AM
02/14/20 11:56 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
the Amish figured out the inbreeding issue they swap families between communities , see it quite a bit here my wife works with a lot of Amish who need fuel delivered and thus sees all the names and knows when a new family hits the area or one leaves because they are coming in to set up an account to get fuel delivered.

polygamists could also figure it out , I think they choose not to.

even Iceland figured it out with the Bump App , Iceland is particularly hard because your last name is your fathers first name and son or daughter so they built an app using data from the genealogy records tap phones and if you screen goes green she is further than 2nd cousin if it goes red say hey cuz!

it happens even in small towns , a friends mother when she was going into highschool said ok here is the thing we have a lot of family in the area A LOT and you don't know them all so if you like a boy and your going to go on a date I need to know his dad's name and his moms maiden name and I will tell you if you can date him. good thing she met here husband at an out of town track meet. he was from 40 miles away next state over and her mom had never heard of the family.

the town I grew up in date-able girls in my high-school class were slim if we start adding up Kin out to second cousin I am well over a hundred I think I have at least 25 first cousins.

I moved 2 hours away to school and found a wife born on the other side of the state.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6770093
02/14/20 03:14 PM
02/14/20 03:14 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by star flakes

Keith

Negative recessive traits, which need two genes to express, are more likely to show, but so are positive recessive traits. This is why all of our domestic animals are heavily linebred. Negative recessive traits are not particularly common in most species, including humans and are very rare in many species.

Humans are already very inbred, which is why we share over 99% of our DNA.

There are enough people who won't be polygamous to make it a non issue. Ignoring all this, gene therapies, to replace defective genes are now becoming commonly used. Negative recessive genes will soon just be regulary edited out, when they are an issue.

Keith

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6770261
02/14/20 06:06 PM
02/14/20 06:06 PM
Ontario
R
Rolee Offline
trapper
Rolee  Offline
trapper
R

Ontario
Any mormons on here? Can they trap?

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6770265
02/14/20 06:08 PM
02/14/20 06:08 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
There are a few on here that are only one M short of being mormons.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Rolee] #6770300
02/14/20 06:40 PM
02/14/20 06:40 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Rolee

I am not a Mormon, but have a very good friend Chad, who is a Mormon, albeit not a very religious one. I have known him for 34 years. When he doesn't have to work, he hunts more than anyone I have ever known. He is a lineman and works a lot. He traps some too and fishes a lot. I was the one who got him into hunting, when he was a little kid living two doors down. He has been my youngest brother's best friend, since they were 6 and went with us hunting and fishing hundreds of times, growing up.

Keith

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: KeithC] #6770371
02/14/20 08:12 PM
02/14/20 08:12 PM
Ontario
R
Rolee Offline
trapper
Rolee  Offline
trapper
R

Ontario
No doubt keith, i hear lots of good things about mormons,, wouldn’t wanna be one but generally good people same with jehovas witnesses..

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6770373
02/14/20 08:20 PM
02/14/20 08:20 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I have no use for the jehovah witness cult. Had to call the sheriff and complain about trespassing to get them to leave me alone. I know a woman raised in that cult. She rejected it when she got into high school. Her parents will not speak to her if they meet in a grocery store. Its part of their superstition since she was baptized a witness then rejected it. Like I said no use for them at all. Mormons are polite. Only show up every few years. Dont get pushy and the Mormons go on their way when I tell them I don't believe.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6770395
02/14/20 08:47 PM
02/14/20 08:47 PM
Ontario
R
Rolee Offline
trapper
Rolee  Offline
trapper
R

Ontario
Fair enough danny

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6770418
02/14/20 09:03 PM
02/14/20 09:03 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Utah is a beautiful state grin

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Pike River] #6770536
02/14/20 10:41 PM
02/14/20 10:41 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
No doubt keith, i hear lots of good things about mormons,, wouldn’t wanna be one but generally good people same with jehovas witnesses..

Just folks tryimg their best to be 1st century Christians. They domt harm me none and seem to be nice folks. Same with Amish and Mennonite.

Re: Utah Going Back To Polygamy? [Re: Rolee] #6770584
02/14/20 11:25 PM
02/14/20 11:25 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID

I am not Mormon but live in Mormon country and have some relatives that are Mormon. Yes they can trap and some are very good at it. In fact, overall Mormons are conservative and are gun owners. They are a survivalist religion that believe in being well prepared for the future. The old Boy Scout thinking.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread