No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: LLtrapper] #6771552
02/15/20 06:24 PM
02/15/20 06:24 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
“Overwhelming confidence “? Really? Seriously? That is laughable. Confidence went out the window with the bad check and the past date we were told you hucksters promised. Some might buy the NAFA spin but not I. I doubt it is a good idea to give NAFA fur away and actually sell FHA fur at higher levels. Do not know who had this idea but I am glad I won’t have fur up there any more. LLL

Anybody heard this before? tired

Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: LLtrapper] #6771559
02/15/20 06:31 PM
02/15/20 06:31 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
“Overwhelming confidence “? Really? Seriously? That is laughable. Confidence went out the window with the bad check and the past date we were told you hucksters promised. Some might buy the NAFA spin but not I. I doubt it is a good idea to give NAFA fur away and actually sell FHA fur at higher levels. Do not know who had this idea but I am glad I won’t have fur up there any more. LLL

You do realize that you are reading a FHA news release, not NAFA spin, right?

Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: gibb] #6771585
02/15/20 06:51 PM
02/15/20 06:51 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Maybe those 50,000 coyotes will give FHA a shot In the arm. That's a huge increase from last year. I'm betting most of those coyotes came from Canada. Because If they came from east of the big river that's not going to be so good.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: walleye101] #6771605
02/15/20 07:04 PM
02/15/20 07:04 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by walleye101

You do realize that you are reading a FHA news release, not NAFA spin, right?

Trying to keep these guys straight is a full time job. Don't pay good either. smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: gibb] #6771617
02/15/20 07:12 PM
02/15/20 07:12 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Ain't that the truth, Dirt!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: gibb] #6771689
02/15/20 08:08 PM
02/15/20 08:08 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Lee I highly respect FHA and all you guys involved with them. When you start dealing with crooks though confidence is not a word I would use. Yea we heard it all before. Complaining about getting #$## over by a company that has "my" interest at heart was the spin I have heard from NAFA for years. Fire sales will not help anyone. Why pay good money for anything when you know the fire sale and worse the PT room afterwards is always available to "negotiate " the brokers position. I think getting in bed with NAFA is the worst thing FHA could do actually but time will tell. I wonder how many that got bad checks from NAFA would have shipped to FHA if they had known this was going to happen? Again I know all you guys and respect you Lee, Bill D., Greg and a few more who probably had very little say in this. As for others who have commented I bet you have not been given a bad check or you would not be rattling off like you are. NAFA broke the law and actually lied and stole my fur. When they make restitution for fur that I had confidence they would sell but didn't I may change my mind. The "bank" did not write a hot check. NAFA did. Sure hope you guys know what you are doing or you will have a huge mess to deal with. I have no skin in the game except a few red fox. They already sold everything else. Rant over. Carry on. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: gibb] #6771789
02/15/20 09:15 PM
02/15/20 09:15 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Larry, I knew this year was going to be a huge mess, with nafa screwing as many as they did. FHA had a horrible sale last season, and I almost quit over, but was convinced to stay another year at least. If they have that this year, there will be no excuse for it, as most of the year before was nafa trying to sabotage the sales. How can you blame FHA for selling their stuff first? Anyone in that situation would do the same. They owe nafa nothing but the agreement that they make to use the facilities and that they will use the sale to sell the remaining fur from nafa. I really hope that they knock it out of the park, but with the problems around the world, it may be interesting!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: gibb] #6771803
02/15/20 09:25 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
The main thing to focus on is that we will all benefit if at least one international auction house can succeed and continue to provide a viable outlet for wild fur. It makes sense for FHA to do what it can to utilize some of the existing vacant NAFA infrastructure, both facilities and IT. Hopefully FHA emerges from this stronger and in a better position to fill this major void.

Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: gibb] #6771804
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Either way I consider you my friend. I just know what NAFA has done. I also know what 1 Corinthians 15:33 says...Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: gibb] #6771823
02/15/20 09:39 PM
02/15/20 09:39 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
I agree Walleye, It's really the only hope we have, and I have quite a lot of respect for them.

Larry, you are my friend and I appreciate that. Bad is always trying to corrupt good, has since the fall!

Re: FHA Auction dates and location March Sale [Re: gibb] #6771899
02/15/20 10:35 PM
02/15/20 10:35 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
I wish FHA all the best. LLL

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread