No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday #6772153
02/16/20 09:49 AM
02/16/20 09:49 AM
Sumner, Mo.
C
claycreech Online content OP
trapper
claycreech  Online Content OP
trapper
C

Sumner, Mo.
How did it go? Seems like I remember that being a fair sized one.

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday [Re: claycreech] #6772285
02/16/20 11:36 AM
02/16/20 11:36 AM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Anyone go? Did they have the sale?

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday [Re: claycreech] #6772326
02/16/20 12:12 PM
02/16/20 12:12 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
yep they had sale. guessing 5 or 6 buyers with 3 somewhat more active. i know one of the tman members bought so maybe he'll chime in

didnt keep track of specifics; sure someone will post the ranges and averages. general take aways---its what we all know, there is no market. rats covered the typical $3-4 range everyone has been talking about lately. recall a few at the higher $4-5 end, imagine those mostly came from big cattail marshes on east side of state. there were alot of fairly good sized ,late caught, nice leather coon. seems like lots of people had same idea ---that theyd catch some nice coon and maybe make money which makes some sense given that we have endless supply of coon and production cost is minimal. but i'd say the coon overall were not in any demand. remember prices from $1 to $9. be interesting to see what the true number sold was and the average---i'll take a guess that it was $5-6. if i was going to sell any in future no way id put any time into them; it would be green to groenwold or barnes. im thinking female mink were in the $2-$3 range and the males about a buck more. coyote prices ran the range as youd expect for easterns. dont remember the low or the high but i was very happy with mine considering only included the middle of road easterns on the sale

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday [Re: BigBlackBirds] #6772358
02/16/20 12:46 PM
02/16/20 12:46 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Originally Posted by BigBlackBirds
yep they had sale. guessing 5 or 6 buyers with 3 somewhat more active. i know one of the tman members bought so maybe he'll chime in

didnt keep track of specifics; sure someone will post the ranges and averages. general take aways---its what we all know, there is no market. rats covered the typical $3-4 range everyone has been talking about lately. recall a few at the higher $4-5 end, imagine those mostly came from big cattail marshes on east side of state. there were alot of fairly good sized ,late caught, nice leather coon. seems like lots of people had same idea ---that theyd catch some nice coon and maybe make money which makes some sense given that we have endless supply of coon and production cost is minimal. but i'd say the coon overall were not in any demand. remember prices from $1 to $9. be interesting to see what the true number sold was and the average---i'll take a guess that it was $5-6. if i was going to sell any in future no way id put any time into them; it would be green to groenwold or barnes. im thinking female mink were in the $2-$3 range and the males about a buck more. coyote prices ran the range as youd expect for easterns. dont remember the low or the high but i was very happy with mine considering only included the middle of road easterns on the sale

A very good useable market report nice well done imo

Kenneth schoening
Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday [Re: claycreech] #6772401
02/16/20 01:49 PM
02/16/20 01:49 PM
Indiana White County
L
live2hunt Offline
trapper
live2hunt  Offline
trapper
L

Indiana White County
[Linked Image]

NRA life,ISTA,NTA,FTA, 4H SHOOTING INSTRUCTOR
Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday [Re: claycreech] #6772405
02/16/20 01:56 PM
02/16/20 01:56 PM
Michigan
S
Stanley Offline
trapper
Stanley  Offline
trapper
S

Michigan
You can also go to the MTPCA Face Book page for more details and pictures, plus some video.

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday [Re: claycreech] #6772413
02/16/20 02:12 PM
02/16/20 02:12 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Thanks for the update.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread