No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Daytona 500 [Re: wr otis] #6776166
02/19/20 03:57 PM
02/19/20 03:57 PM
S.E. Ohio
M
M.Magis Offline
trapper
M.Magis  Offline
trapper
M

S.E. Ohio
Originally Posted by wr otis
The way they handled the wreck and the amount of time they took to get him out, makes you wonder what exactly was going on. The whole process seems strange and disorganized. Unless they were talking to him the entire time, which if that was the case at least they could have reported him as not dead anyway.

I would assume it took a lot of cutting to get him out of that twisted mess of steel. It's hard enough to get out when the car isn't wrecked.
They won't make any sort of announcement until the Dr determines what's going on. I wonder if he was in and out of conciseness, they've yet to say what his injuries were.

Re: Daytona 500 [Re: M.Magis] #6776176
02/19/20 04:06 PM
02/19/20 04:06 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline OP
trapper
Cragar  Offline OP
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by M.Magis
Originally Posted by wr otis
The way they handled the wreck and the amount of time they took to get him out, makes you wonder what exactly was going on. The whole process seems strange and disorganized. Unless they were talking to him the entire time, which if that was the case at least they could have reported him as not dead anyway.

I would assume it took a lot of cutting to get him out of that twisted mess of steel. It's hard enough to get out when the car isn't wrecked.
They won't make any sort of announcement until the Dr determines what's going on. I wonder if he was in and out of conciseness, they've yet to say what his injuries were.

They did say that the part of the roll cage over his head was badly crushed. That explains a lot. Took a long time to get him out because of that. I would not doubt the doctors after knowing what he went through and maybe seeing the footage of the crash , checked him over THOROUGHLY for anything possible. If I was a doctor there , I know I would be reluctant to give any early prognosis or even let him leave without every possibility of injuries checked and double checked.
So glad to see him walking out of that hospital.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Daytona 500 [Re: Cragar] #6776297
02/19/20 04:48 PM
02/19/20 04:48 PM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
Can't believe he walked out.

Re: Daytona 500 [Re: Cragar] #6776548
02/19/20 09:11 PM
02/19/20 09:11 PM
pa.
J
jarentz Offline
trapper
jarentz  Offline
trapper
J

pa.
Glad that he is alright! I like the shirt that he wore out the door NWTF.

jarentz
Re: Daytona 500 [Re: Cragar] #6776560
02/19/20 09:16 PM
02/19/20 09:16 PM
Northern mn
A
Andy27 Offline
trapper
Andy27  Offline
trapper
A

Northern mn
Horrible wreck. Glad he is doing well.

Re: Daytona 500 [Re: Cragar] #6776585
02/19/20 09:34 PM
02/19/20 09:34 PM
New York
P
proratman Offline
trapper
proratman  Offline
trapper
P

New York
I am glad to see that Ryan is OK. And I just hope that this latest info and photo are correct. It seems kind of strange that he was listed as in "Serious Condition" less than 48 hours ago. "Serious Condition" is one level below "Critical Condition". Followed by Stable Condition and then Fair Condition. Has anyone seen any current interviews or a frontal photo of Ryan leaving the hospital?

Re: Daytona 500 [Re: Cragar] #6776630
02/19/20 10:24 PM
02/19/20 10:24 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline
trapper
il.trapper  Offline
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
This is nothing more than a guess.

I am thinking he had a collapsed lung. Which would have had him in serious condition. and usually leads to a somewhat speedy recovery. I doubt head injuries as he was talking all along as far as I can tell. no apparent serious spinal or shoulder injuries either.

I have taken many race drivers from their cars and although I am no doctor by any means, if you do your job right, you have a good idea as to what is wrong with them. I have had some who refused treatment at a scene then either collapsed or had complications that made them need or get treatment later. Others were critical at the time of accident, then were fine within days. The human body can take a heck of a lot of punishment and still recover.

As far as the roll cage collapsing, they would have removed it within 2-3 minutes. Nothing, and I mean nothing stops those guys from gaining access to a driver. Those guys are trained beyond belief.
An entire race car can be dismantled in under ten minutes if need be. During my training it was being decided on which was best, to take seat and all or just the driver with a KED or short back board. At that time we were taught to make the decision on a case by case scenario. It didn't appear they took the seat in this incident. Which pretty much tells me he was either not breathing or he was talking to the rescue guys.

I can tell ya this too. Lajoy was just as lucky as Newman. Catching a 3500 lb chunk of steel in your windshield at 190mph is never a good day.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread