No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Nebraska LB816 and media bias #6779200
02/22/20 08:56 AM
02/22/20 08:56 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
I went to the hearing for Nebraska LB816 yesterday. Good time, there was probably 500-700 people packed in there. I never made it to the hearing room, but I did get to one of the two overflow rooms. While standing in line, I watched some goofball in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and a military hemet and chest plate carrying an AR-15 get interviewed. Him and his buddy were the only two people in the whole place carrying rifles, and I saw 1 other person carrying a pistol. Concealed carry is not allowed in our state house, only open carry. Of course this kid was the only one in the whole place to get interviewed, out of all the people there, the news lady picked this weirdo to be the one to represent everyone else there. Heaven forbid she find someone in a suit, or just some regular joe blow to interview. And her headline? "gun rights activists bring rifles to capitol in opposition to proposed legislation." Of course she never bothered to mention in her article that these 2 kids were the only ones with rifles.
Article

Last edited by loosegoose; 02/22/20 09:02 AM.
Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779271
02/22/20 09:26 AM
02/22/20 09:26 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Now we are judging people by the way they look.

Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: Rat Masterson] #6779284
02/22/20 09:49 AM
02/22/20 09:49 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Now we are judging people by the way they look.

I don't think there's any denying that in a room full of people, the dude in a helmet, tactical chest rig, and carrying an AR probably isn't best representative of the group as a whole. The reporter was clearly trying to misrepresent the people present.

Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779311
02/22/20 10:18 AM
02/22/20 10:18 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Reporters misrepresent all the time, pushing an agenda is their mantra. The guy is a goof ball but did nothing wrong and has every right to dress like he did. Should he have, no, but I defend his right to do so.

Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779372
02/22/20 11:12 AM
02/22/20 11:12 AM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
I was in Lincoln also yesterday at the LB 816 hearing. A very well behaved bunch of 2nd amendment supporters who wanted to show the senators their disapproval of the bills in the Unicameral dealing with firearm regulations. Yes those two with the ARs did gather some attention but I contribute that to the "foolishness of their youth". Most saw a bunch of freedom loving Americans exercising their right to express their love for America. However there are a couple very liberal senators ( probably 1 or 2 more and then there's Ernie) on the Judiciary committee who made some comments on their facebook page or their twitter accounts. Those comments represent a total lack of respect for law abiding citizens who believe in the 2nd amendment. Also a fear nurtured by the evil inside them of somehow every gun is a bad thing anywhere. So all they can come up with to feed their fear and also those who are like them is "get the guns". Senator Patty Pansing Brooks posted a comment which shows her fears of freedom. Too bad she cannot get past a point of representing evil as I see some good in some of her actions, but the luny liberalism she also shows keeps her from being a neutral force.

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779381
02/22/20 11:25 AM
02/22/20 11:25 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
How did the hearing go? Could your read any of the official involved? I maybe wrong but I think these hearing are getting to be a waste of time.
They have there minds made up even before the hearing, they are just having the hearings to make you feel good.

I can give you a very good example but I would like to hear your reply first.

Getting close to Voting time!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: Rat Masterson] #6779384
02/22/20 11:29 AM
02/22/20 11:29 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Reporters misrepresent all the time, pushing an agenda is their mantra. The guy is a goof ball but did nothing wrong and has every right to dress like he did. Should he have, no, but I defend his right to do so.

I don't really have an issue with the guy or how he dressed, as goofy as it was, that wasn't really my point. There's a time and place for getting geared up like that to make a point, but a legislative hearing probably isn't the best place for that. And I agree that he had every right to dress like that if they so choose. My point was really just that the reporter singled him out specifically because she knew she could misrepresent the entire group by interviewing them.

Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: Getting There] #6779389
02/22/20 11:32 AM
02/22/20 11:32 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Getting There
How did the hearing go? Could your read any of the official involved? I maybe wrong but I think these hearing are getting to be a waste of time.
They have there minds made up even before the hearing, they are just having the hearings to make you feel good.

Normally at a legislative hearing, you get 5 minutes to talk. They originally said they'd give 3 minutes to talk due to the number of people, and then right as the hearing started they lowered it to a minute and a half. It probably was a waste of time in the sense that the senators probably aren't going to change their minds one way or the other, but it's definitely not a waste of time on the sense that a ton of people showed up to show their opposition, and it went well, all was peaceful and organized, and people were allowed to speak their minds.

Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779395
02/22/20 11:41 AM
02/22/20 11:41 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by Getting There

Normally at a legislative hearing, you get 5 minutes to talk. They originally said they'd give 3 minutes to talk due to the number of people, and then right as the hearing started they lowered it to a minute and a half. It probably was a waste of time in the sense that the senators probably aren't going to change their minds one way or the other, but it's definitely not a waste of time on the sense that a ton of people showed up to show their opposition, and it went well, all was peaceful and organized, and people were allowed to speak their minds.

In most cases it make YOU feel better. Like you said yourself "that the senators probably aren't going to change their minds one way or another" so you tell me you voiced your opposition, IF they have there minds made up what was accomplished? But it is good that people get involved IMO.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779398
02/22/20 11:43 AM
02/22/20 11:43 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas

Remember in November I say.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779409
02/22/20 11:59 AM
02/22/20 11:59 AM
ontario
G
grampy Offline
trapper
grampy  Offline
trapper
G

ontario
R/M I must have missed the part where someone said the goofball didn't have the right to /dress like a goofball./

Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779412
02/22/20 12:07 PM
02/22/20 12:07 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Sorry guys/gals I started reading Legislative Bill 816. I do not have the time to read all 23 pages of the bill. All I can say is BEND OVER.
In regard to the Reporter picking out the guy with the AR. Reporter are like hawks, they look for someone or thing that stands out or different to interview.
NOW you know how to get interviewed in the future. Learn how to play the game. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779433
02/22/20 12:46 PM
02/22/20 12:46 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Did anyone catch Rush yesterday and his media montage where the talking point was Russia backing Trump in the election? These people all take their marching orders from the same source, there's no doubt about it. I trust Putin more than our media.

Re: Nebraska LB816 and media bias [Re: loosegoose] #6779465
02/22/20 02:04 PM
02/22/20 02:04 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Just 3-5 years ago I didn't think it be wise to carry to something like this, but the way they don't listen and have no regard for the constitution I've changed my mind.

Sounds like you had enough for a battalion, and I bet if y'all were dressed like those two you would've gotten their attention!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread