No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska [Re: yukonjeff] #6782629
02/25/20 12:48 PM
02/25/20 12:48 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Excellent, good luck

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska [Re: Pete in Frbks] #6782665
02/25/20 01:37 PM
02/25/20 01:37 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline OP
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline OP
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Pete in Frbks
The "comments" section of the ADN for that article give one an extremely good overview of what Anchorage has become!!!!! Lord help us.....

Pete

Anchorage Daily Worker is the Washington Post. ...comes complete with paid Trolls. I don't think many are Alaskans commenting, but in all fairness we do have our idiots too.

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska [Re: yukonjeff] #6782676
02/25/20 01:43 PM
02/25/20 01:43 PM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
Either one of the major trapping orgs or possibly Tman, might want to think about trying to set him up with a wolf hunt somewhere. Just having trappers mentioned as part of a hunt would be good PR, for a group that gets very little unless it's bad PR.

I wouldn't expect him to get involved in trapping, nor would I make it a condition. That's not to say he might not want to learn a little about it.

This to me is maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity, who knows when the next hunting person of his status will come along.

I would also say there is a good possibility you might be inviting a future president on that wolf hunt.

Last edited by wr otis; 02/25/20 01:47 PM.
Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska [Re: Diggerman] #6784080
02/26/20 05:25 PM
02/26/20 05:25 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Originally Posted by Diggerman
If you read the article it said that the area had very few trophy sized bears and was rugged and remote and very expensive to access. Not any ones first choice.

Most of the area is remote. Did not see any reference to lack of trophy bears. That area produces a B&C bear almost yearly. Locals rarely submit skulls to B&C. ADF&G sealing records would better show number of large skulls. I lived in that area for many years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread