No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: My take on the tick problem [Re: nate] #6797096
03/10/20 10:12 AM
03/10/20 10:12 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by nate
My take l had Lyme/tick borne diseases for 20 plus years miss diagnosed several times. I'm finally cured it was a walk or should I say crawl through h- - l . One was when they transplanted Turkey's they were not treated to kill parasites they spread deer ticks to places they never were. Two is the demise of the redfox due to coyotes the redfox was the #1 predator of the white footed mouse which carries tbdiseases they myphes need mice to survive
I could talk on this forever maybe longer. But anyhow that's it for now and that's my story and I'm sticn with it

Maybe ticks are carrying coronavirus, Oh no we have people for that !

Maybe migratory birds have picked up a few hitchhiking deer ticks.

Re: My take on the tick problem [Re: Trap Setter] #6797110
03/10/20 10:35 AM
03/10/20 10:35 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Just one idea. We put out toilet paper tubes stuffed with cotton soaked in permetherin around the 80 we camp on. It significantly cut down on the tick we find. The idea is mice are the first blood meal of most ticks and the mice find and use the cotton in their nests and get dosed every time they enter.

We have done it two years and it seems to be quite effective although I cant prove it scientifically. So take it for what it's worth.

that is a good idea

we had a tick problem at the rifle range sandy soil overhead shelter I would come hoem with 2-3 ticks often,

I mixed up a concentration of Permethrin 2 gallon sprayer and sprayed the range shelter and concrete and about 4 feet off the concrete pad we started seeing a lot fewer.

I spray my outer layer of clothing with the permethrin Solution also and have not come home with a tick since

the permethrin I use is found in the veterinary isle at the farm store 10% or 13% concentrate not expensive at all makes many gallons of solution.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: My take on the tick problem [Re: Killbuck] #6797123
03/10/20 10:56 AM
03/10/20 10:56 AM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Our tick problem has been bad the last several years here in Ohio... and I am expecting it to be really bad this summer with the very mild winter we have had.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: My take on the tick problem [Re: Actor] #6797248
03/10/20 12:07 PM
03/10/20 12:07 PM
S.E. Ohio
M
M.Magis Offline
trapper
M.Magis  Offline
trapper
M

S.E. Ohio
Originally Posted by Actor
Our tick problem has been bad the last several years here in Ohio... and I am expecting it to be really bad this summer with the very mild winter we have had.

Garry-

I'm only about 45 minutes east, and I can count on one hand the ticks I've seen the last several years. I can't explain the difference, but I rarely find one these days.

Re: My take on the tick problem [Re: Killbuck] #6797304
03/10/20 01:46 PM
03/10/20 01:46 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
My wife hooks me into watching some of these medical shows. I am amazed at some of the diseases people contract that is as a result of a tick whether directly being bitten or some other incidental exposure to a tick.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: My take on the tick problem [Re: white marlin] #6797308
03/10/20 01:50 PM
03/10/20 01:50 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by white marlin
didn't have a tick (or gypsy moth) problem until they banned DDT.

That and a good burn not only stimulates new growth, but kills ticks too. Both things are banned for the average person.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: My take on the tick problem [Re: Trapper7] #6797366
03/10/20 03:04 PM
03/10/20 03:04 PM
S.E. Ohio
M
M.Magis Offline
trapper
M.Magis  Offline
trapper
M

S.E. Ohio
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by white marlin
didn't have a tick (or gypsy moth) problem until they banned DDT.

That and a good burn not only stimulates new growth, but kills ticks too. Both things are banned for the average person.

Prescribed burns aren't banned at all. They're quite common.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread