No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801072
03/13/20 08:16 PM
03/13/20 08:16 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
If you listened to the press conference and have been reading the science, the fact is there is a peak rate coming to the United States. The early travel ban blunted that, but it is still coming. The experts stated today that China and Korea mirrored each other in peak rates. That should transfer to the United States. What the President did today was in the emergency was free up all the stored resources which FEMA and the Pentagon have for the public. There tons of this stuff stored around the country for everything from nuclear, biological, earthquakes, meteor strikes and pandemics.
States like North and South Dakota declared today as it allows coordination and again accessing those resources for the public.

This virus is not even begun yet. It was blunted, where it was not contained in Iran and Italy, where people died as they did not have enough respirators. For 3 weeks Mike Pence has headed a team, which was revealed today, coordinating with numerous industries to keep things like hand sanitizer to toilet paper in the supply chain.

The Governors will pay the crucial role in this. Surprisingly California's Governor is doing a good job. Georgia, Ohio, the Dakotas, New York in it's crackdown are all managing the clusters.

What was crucial in this, is the testing kits, in they were developed to be drive through, a nasal swab, it goes to a machine which tests RNA and 24 hours the results are back. It is not the results, but the importance is in tracking the infection lines. That is how this will be shut down.

The President is going to be blamed, but it is all our responsibility to have common sense. Stop doing things that expose us in unnecessary trips. Washing hands and using disinfectants. Stop touching your face and touching everything in public. If people would show some restraint, the numbers on this would drop quickly. It only takes one idiot though who has to drive 100 miles to go shopping when that can wait.

Just remember the President and his team have been preparing for 3 weeks. The peak is coming yet to the United States. What he is attempting to do with the experts is not make this a 7 week peak of infections. Remember that 7 weeks as that is what this all about on the data collected in China and Korea.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801083
03/13/20 08:23 PM
03/13/20 08:23 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
A couple of possibilities:
(1) He's really trying to do the right thing. This tactic has seemed to work for him when everyone else in DC works hard to look like they're doing the right thing, Trump seems to always out maneuver them by just doing the right thing.
(2) He's trying to get elected and knows a crashed stock market and the repercussions of that will hurt his election. Remember "it's the economy stupid"? The election is 7 months away. The stock market was due for a correction but, if he can push stocks far below their value now - the economy recovers and that upward momentum gets prices at a peak again right before the election. He then gets to claim that he saved the economy with his quick action on that dangerous virus and saved us from the virus - that just went away on it's own because it was never a big deal to begin with.

-Ryan
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: maintenanceguy] #6801091
03/13/20 08:29 PM
03/13/20 08:29 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
A couple of possibilities:
(1) He's really trying to do the right thing. This tactic has seemed to work for him when everyone else in DC works hard to look like they're doing the right thing, Trump seems to always out maneuver them by just doing the right thing.
(2) He's trying to get elected and knows a crashed stock market and the repercussions of that will hurt his election. Remember "it's the economy stupid"? The election is 7 months away. The stock market was due for a correction but, if he can push stocks far below their value now - the economy recovers and that upward momentum gets prices at a peak again right before the election. He then gets to claim that he saved the economy with his quick action on that dangerous virus and saved us from the virus - that just went away on it's own because it was never a big deal to begin with.

X2 both

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801101
03/13/20 08:34 PM
03/13/20 08:34 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
You are trying to figure out what is going on in the mind of a narcissistic sociopath when you get that all figured out let us know.

I firmly believe our President is doing his best to insure the best outcome for our country.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: bblwi] #6801109
03/13/20 08:38 PM
03/13/20 08:38 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by bblwi
You are trying to figure out what is going on in the mind of a narcissistic sociopath when you get that all figured out let us know.

Bryce

Blah

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Marty] #6801118
03/13/20 08:42 PM
03/13/20 08:42 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Marty
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Here's my thoughts. Trump's smart and usually a couple of steps ahead of everyone else. He knows putting a travel ban on European countries and saying what he has will and did further cause the panic to rise. I'm sure he realizes more panic will cause more issues in the financial markets which wont help him in his reelection. So I'm assuming he thinks the consequences of not doing what he did were worse than the consequences of what he did. So what does he know that we don't? Am I missing something, what's your thoughts on his actions? My post isnt meant to be political just trying to get more of a grasp of what is going on in this situation. The president isn't against calling the media out on false propaganda but he's not saying very much about this situation being completely bogus. The president doesnt seem to be much on over reacting.

He realizes that the perception of the government not doing enough to save people is much worse than what is going to happen from what they are doing. 5000 people dead globally from kung flu and people here in the USA are loosing it, that is sad.

I believe you are exactly right on point one and I completely agree with point two.

Eh...wot?

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801191
03/13/20 09:17 PM
03/13/20 09:17 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
I think he intended and accomplished two things today
1) Provided some reassurance that preparations are being made to address and contain this. Seemed to work based on the market surge.
2) Stick it to the Democrats by surrounding himself with the private sector who are stepping up to assist with this. Gotta say it was a stark contrast to the Dems when they address the public surrounded by a bunch of career bureaucrats.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801198
03/13/20 09:22 PM
03/13/20 09:22 PM
Northern mn
A
Andy27 Offline
trapper
Andy27  Offline
trapper
A

Northern mn
Though it was all a hoax? Now today he said it’s not. So now it’s serious. Whatever trump says is right that’s for sure.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Andy27] #6801207
03/13/20 09:26 PM
03/13/20 09:26 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Andy27
Though it was all a hoax? Now today he said it’s not. So now it’s serious. Whatever trump says is right that’s for sure.

Oh angry andy lol.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: walleye101] #6801227
03/13/20 09:36 PM
03/13/20 09:36 PM
Indiana
cattails Offline
trapper
cattails  Offline
trapper

Indiana
I've had the same feeling about this, until today . I'm going with walleye 101 on point #2. The dems jumped on this thing like a crotch rocket...What a perfect time to push for universal health care, right before the election. Trump says ahhh not so fast, calls it a national emergency, turns loose the private sector. It's a hyped up power struggle.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: walleye101] #6801239
03/13/20 09:41 PM
03/13/20 09:41 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by walleye101
1) Provided some reassurance that preparations are being made to address and contain this. Seemed to work based on the market surge.
2) Stick it to the Democrats by surrounding himself with the private sector who are stepping up to assist with this. Gotta say it was a stark contrast to the Dems when they address the public surrounded by a bunch of career bureaucrats.

Lol

And just waived interest on fed student loan?

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801255
03/13/20 09:50 PM
03/13/20 09:50 PM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
He knows the virus is a seasonal and possibly temporary problem.

He also knows panic and global recession is the bigger danger.

He cares more about this country and it's people than most people want to give him credit for.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801285
03/13/20 10:02 PM
03/13/20 10:02 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Leaving infected persons off shore in cruise ships so their numbers are not counted in the total of infected persons in the USA was a trigger to me that his responses were to keep numbers lower and that resulted in sick persons not being brought to places where they could be treated with better care. We have several state executives that are working very well on behalf of their citizens which is what is needed when we have voids in leadership as we do now at the federal level. Trying to solve a medical crisis with politics and tax breaks and tax delays indicates to me a real lack of understanding what is really needed by 330 million citizens in this country. We could have had that same leadership void with other leaders or parties but this is what we have now good, bad and or ugly.

Bryce

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: brianmall] #6801289
03/13/20 10:04 PM
03/13/20 10:04 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by brianmall
Originally Posted by walleye101

Lol

And just waived interest on fed student loan?

Sure, tossed them a temporary bone.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: wr otis] #6801328
03/13/20 10:35 PM
03/13/20 10:35 PM
Pennsylvania
D
Dr. Fur Offline
trapper
Dr. Fur  Offline
trapper
D

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by wr otis
He knows the virus is a seasonal and possibly temporary problem.

He cares more about this country and it's people than most people want to give him credit for.

There is no evidence that the virus is seasonal or not seasonal.

The point is that we will have family and friends who die from this.

We should quit making fun of people taking it seriously.

If you want a government official who is telling the truth, look at Dr. Anthony Fauci. He is the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease. I think he was appointed by Reagan or Bush. Honestly, Trump missed the boat from a true factual standpoint. He is trying to play catch-up. All reports said he didn't listen to the experts, he got mad at the TV coverage and wasted 3 weeks. Oh well, that is water under the bridge.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801382
03/13/20 11:15 PM
03/13/20 11:15 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
My opinion he decided he does not know everything and listened to good science his advisers and calmed things for the time being and what was done is getting ahead of the curve. As far as the stock market temporary bounce was due to what he said but we have not seen the bottom.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801623
03/14/20 08:44 AM
03/14/20 08:44 AM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
"When we have voids in leadership as we do now at the federal level" Bryce

"All reports said he didn't listen to the experts" dr fur

Sounds just like to quotes direct from the fake news media. Trump's a lousy president and horrible person because the media told me so.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Catch22] #6801636
03/14/20 08:56 AM
03/14/20 08:56 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

Blah

blah x2

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: mnsota] #6801639
03/14/20 08:58 AM
03/14/20 08:58 AM
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by mnsota

I firmly believe our President is doing his best to insure the best outcome for our country.

I agree..Go big Don

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Dr. Fur] #6801730
03/14/20 10:16 AM
03/14/20 10:16 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Originally Posted by Dr. Fur
Originally Posted by wr otis
He knows the virus is ... possibly temporary problem.

There is no evidence that the virus is seasonal or not seasonal.

If you want a government official who is telling the truth, look at Dr. Anthony Fauci. He is the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.

x2 to all of the above.

As a side note, enjoying watching #MyPresident #Trump #MAGA.
Best President since Silent Cal!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread