No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Stock Market "Limit Up" [Re: cfowler] #6800932
03/13/20 06:39 PM
03/13/20 06:39 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
I see the market as having been over priced combined with over reactions resulting huge swings. It's possible the market will continue snowballing downhill for several months but I do not expect that.

Yes, the fed is pump priming because of peoples excessive fears of coronavirus. No president wants a crashing economy during a reelection year.

Last edited by Furvor; 03/13/20 06:52 PM.
Re: Stock Market "Limit Up" [Re: cfowler] #6801004
03/13/20 07:28 PM
03/13/20 07:28 PM
MO
cfowler Offline OP
trapper
cfowler  Offline OP
trapper

MO
The pres has made no bones about his views of the fed or the market. I think he's been honest about his desire to lower interest rates, QE, and a devalued dollar. I understand that the fed's injections are intended to extend lending/borrowing opportunities, through the banks, to create market growth (economic stimulus). The concern I hear expressed is that, the opportunities to access the new "cash" is still at a much higher interest rate than the banks themselves are able to obtain. Further, some of the small businesses out there are now having to work harder/longer to ensure supplies, to keep operating. If they are unable to access the things their businesses need to function, sufficient to meet their over-head costs, access to more credit does them no good. Other businesses state a drop in the normal amount of services provided. A lot depends on how long the "panic" last, and the recovery time from the "panic". There's a lot of Americans that don't have $1000 that they can readily access. I think I read a static that 40% don't have enough for a $500 emergency. There's an incredible amount of Americans living above their means. The credit situation is this country is beyond rational explanation. Yet, we have become dependent upon credit as a means to stimulate our economy. Sort-of the dog chasing his tail. Now that I think about it all, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need a loan, so I can pay off my debts.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Stock Market "Limit Up" [Re: cfowler] #6801372
03/13/20 11:04 PM
03/13/20 11:04 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
You (in jest) sound like the guy who said he wanted to get out of debt so he could start spending again.

Re: Stock Market "Limit Up" [Re: cfowler] #6801419
03/13/20 11:56 PM
03/13/20 11:56 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK

Mean As Nails
Re: Stock Market "Limit Up" [Re: Furvor] #6801485
03/14/20 02:22 AM
03/14/20 02:22 AM
MO
cfowler Offline OP
trapper
cfowler  Offline OP
trapper

MO
Originally Posted by Furvor
You (in jest) sound like the guy who said he wanted to get out of debt so he could start spending again.

grin Only "in jest" would I say it.

Good article White. Small pieces. In and out. On your terms. Buying with a sell price target. My take. Smaller makes you able to form a narrower position to hold. Need an "angel" to fund my moves.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Stock Market "Limit Up" [Re: white17] #6801489
03/14/20 02:32 AM
03/14/20 02:32 AM
Nebraska
Poorcoon Offline
trapper
Poorcoon  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by white17

Sigh. Can you just tell us what it says?

"Nothing I like to do pays well." True Grit

"Revenge is in the hands of God, not mine." Revenant.
Re: Stock Market "Limit Up" [Re: cfowler] #6801493
03/14/20 02:56 AM
03/14/20 02:56 AM
Pillager, Minnesota
P
patfundine Offline
trapper
patfundine  Offline
trapper
P

Pillager, Minnesota
Originally Posted by cfowler
The pres has made no bones about his views of the fed or the market. I think he's been honest about his desire to lower interest rates, QE, and a devalued dollar. I understand that the fed's injections are intended to extend lending/borrowing opportunities, through the banks, to create market growth (economic stimulus). The concern I hear expressed is that, the opportunities to access the new "cash" is still at a much higher interest rate than the banks themselves are able to obtain. Further, some of the small businesses out there are now having to work harder/longer to ensure supplies, to keep operating. If they are unable to access the things their businesses need to function, sufficient to meet their over-head costs, access to more credit does them no good. Other businesses state a drop in the normal amount of services provided. A lot depends on how long the "panic" last, and the recovery time from the "panic". There's a lot of Americans that don't have $1000 that they can readily access. I think I read a static that 40% don't have enough for a $500 emergency. There's an incredible amount of Americans living above their means. The credit situation is this country is beyond rational explanation. Yet, we have become dependent upon credit as a means to stimulate our economy. Sort-of the dog chasing his tail. Now that I think about it all, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need a loan, so I can pay off my debts.

I will agree with 40% not having money in case of an emergency. I personally don't, but we have also been working hard at paying off our bills. I just dropped $900 on my truck loan to pay it off today. I'm hoping we are debt free in about 2 years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread