No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What rain gear to buy [Re: Providence Farm] #6809649
03/20/20 09:52 AM
03/20/20 09:52 AM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
If you need truly tough waterproof rain gear, you can't go wrong with the commercial fishing stuff, I've used Grundens for years and got good service out of them, The Guy Cottons might be a little tougher, I've recently switched to COFISH INT. It's as good or better than Grundens and it's almost half the cost. Carhart makes some thats pretty good and probably easier to find away from the coasts.

These are waterproof! you will sweat in them in warmer temps, and heavy work, but they all make a lighter version for summer wear.

ALL the supposed "waterproof" coatings, liners, etc on light gear have always disappointed. They all start leaking sooner or later, but may be good enough for light occasional use.

Re: What rain gear to buy [Re: Providence Farm] #6809729
03/20/20 10:54 AM
03/20/20 10:54 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Helly Hanson or Grundens. Either of their commercial grades are comparable. Helly Hanson makes a heavy commercial grade that I used when commercial fishing, they make a lighter grade that I use for hunting called "Impertech" it is really good, but not for heavy work. Just don't buy any of HH recreational hiker/around town grade.
I agree with the above; bibs not pants.
Another option is to go with a commercial grade rain jacket and a pair of light weight breathable chest waders with the lace up over boots. I fish in that combination, it makes you just about bullet proof from the weather.
[Linked Image]

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: What rain gear to buy [Re: trapper234] #6809737
03/20/20 11:02 AM
03/20/20 11:02 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by trapper234
Grunden's

I bought 4 pairs last year for my boys and myself. Use them manly in the spring while we are unplugging center pivot nozzles. Great rain gear and built heavy enough for farm work. Bibs over pants for sure

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: What rain gear to buy [Re: Providence Farm] #6809912
03/20/20 01:33 PM
03/20/20 01:33 PM
Washington State
H
humptulips Offline
trapper
humptulips  Offline
trapper
H

Washington State
Do a search for Black Iron rain gear. I have only seen it in logging supply stores. It is the toughest stuff you can buy. You can get in a fight with that barbed wire and not put a dent in the stuff. The stuff is indestructible.

Re: What rain gear to buy [Re: Providence Farm] #6810095
03/20/20 04:48 PM
03/20/20 04:48 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Grunders are super tough and easy to fix if you end up tearing them

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers