No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812524
03/22/20 09:55 AM
03/22/20 09:55 AM
eastern washinghton
70sdiver Offline
trapper
70sdiver  Offline
trapper

eastern washinghton
We have a couple problems with the food supply chain ,trucking is at the top of the list the logistics of getting refilled is a nightmare when a week ago 1 semi would fill a stores shelves it’s now taking 2 just to try and get back in business there just aren’t enough drivers to keep the trucks rolling.Number. 2 is with restaurants closing more food is being prepared at home also with all the school closings people are having to feed there kids 2 extra times a day.with the hoarding I expect there to be rolling food waves as I like to call them.As one store sells down the hoarders move to the next store.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: danny clifton] #6812537
03/22/20 10:00 AM
03/22/20 10:00 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
It isnt a lockdown order. No one is going to get arrested or shot for leaving their home. Its a strongly worded public message that most people will abide by. KC doesn't have a huge homeless population. I keep waiting to hear that the homeless are being found dead all over. When that happens we will know its getting real bad. Walmart here is allowing seniors only, in tomorrow from 7- 8 A.M. I am going and picking up a few things. Hopefully the stuff I want is available. I am not going to go store to store. Figure on using bleach water on the cart handle and my hands, using it to wipe down everything I bring home, changing and washing my clothes in hot water, taking a shower when I get all that done. I am not going to ignore this thing but I am far from panicked.

Sound advice in this situation. I think better safe than sorry at this point. If this thing is over played for whatever reason we can hold those responsible accountable for it later.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812599
03/22/20 10:39 AM
03/22/20 10:39 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Marty
KC and jackson, wyandotte and johnson counties, starts Tuesday @ 12:01 am.

https://www.wycokck.org/WycoKCK/media/Health-Department/Documents/StayHomeKC03212020.pdf

Lighten up Francis, nowhere in the article did it say "lockdown". It is basically an advisory. You are asked to stay home unless you need something real important like dogfood or going jogging. Lets leave the fearmongering to those that do it best, liberals and such.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812635
03/22/20 10:50 AM
03/22/20 10:50 AM
Nebraska
H
hunter88 Offline
Government Troll
hunter88  Offline
Government Troll
H

Nebraska
The Kansas City so called lock down that starts Tuesday. It appears to me most people are already doing this on their own. That being said you would want to make sure you have what you need, if nothing else so you can stay home and not have contact with other people. It says you can engage in outdoor activities, so it sounds like a good excuse to go fishing.

For purposes of this order, permissible “essential activities” will mean:

To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family and close personal acquaintances, such as, by way of example only and without limitation, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home;
To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or close personal acquaintances, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as, by way of example only and without limitation, canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences;
To assist in the preparation of food and drink for delivery and carry out, or to pick up food or drink for carry out.
To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this Section, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, biking, hiking, or running;
To perform work providing essential products and services at an Essential Business or to otherwise carry out activities specifically permitted in this Order; and
To care for a family member, close personal acquaintance, or pet in another household;
“Essential activities” do not include weddings, funerals, wakes, memorial services, or similar gatherings.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812641
03/22/20 10:52 AM
03/22/20 10:52 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Would spring beaver trapping qualify as obtaining meat?

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812854
03/22/20 01:09 PM
03/22/20 01:09 PM
Kansas
kansaskoons Offline
trapper
kansaskoons  Offline
trapper

Kansas
How can you not call it a lockdown? Penalty for not complying is a misdemeanor, fine and up to 6 months in jail.

waiting on the buffaloe grass........
Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812855
03/22/20 01:12 PM
03/22/20 01:12 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Really????????????? And just what law would be violated?????????????????????

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812889
03/22/20 01:36 PM
03/22/20 01:36 PM
Kansas
kansaskoons Offline
trapper
kansaskoons  Offline
trapper

Kansas
You tell me Danny. Glad I don’t live there.

waiting on the buffaloe grass........
Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812899
03/22/20 01:44 PM
03/22/20 01:44 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
It will get interesting. This is about to impact Whiteman AFB where we now have a positive case. Quite a few employees live in these counties and commute. We have not shut down and are still working. Our leadership has some tough decisions ahead.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6812905
03/22/20 01:47 PM
03/22/20 01:47 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
Getting a little closer to home with that report Blackdog.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: WhiteTrash 88] #6812917
03/22/20 01:55 PM
03/22/20 01:55 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
The company my oldest daughter works for told them they are to work from home,and that was 2 weeks ago. Younger daughters husband works construction around KC area. Will be interesting to see what happens with his job.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812930
03/22/20 02:03 PM
03/22/20 02:03 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
The order I posted a link to spells out what type of work will be 'allowed' to continue. General construction was not on it but plumbers/electricians were. I doubt you will see any construction work or lawn/landscape work done for 30 days....all non essential activities will be suspended via government order.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Marty] #6812945
03/22/20 02:11 PM
03/22/20 02:11 PM
missouri
whackem71 Offline
trapper
whackem71  Offline
trapper

missouri
Construction is shutting down. The company I work for told us last night that we are to come in on Monday. Get our jobs in order and we are done until further notice. Everyone that I talked to in the trades have been told the same thing.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: danny clifton] #6812996
03/22/20 03:01 PM
03/22/20 03:01 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
It isnt a lockdown order. No one is going to get arrested or shot for leaving their home. Its a strongly worded public message that most people will abide by. KC doesn't have a huge homeless population. I keep waiting to hear that the homeless are being found dead all over. When that happens we will know its getting real bad. Walmart here is allowing seniors only, in tomorrow from 7- 8 A.M. I am going and picking up a few things. Hopefully the stuff I want is available. I am not going to go store to store. Figure on using bleach water on the cart handle and my hands, using it to wipe down everything I bring home, changing and washing my clothes in hot water, taking a shower when I get all that done. I am not going to ignore this thing but I am far from panicked.

Middle of last week I did a quick inventory. Decided I had enough of every thing for a month or 2. Animal feed was the shortest on list and neighbor said they could use some things. My thinking was since we only have a couple known cases , I would rather go now than in 3 or 4 weeks when the virus might be snowballing. So I went Fri and got what we needed. Lots of empty shelves and plenty of people. Washed my hands often and liberally with a mixture of hand lotion and alcohol. Got home unloaded, wife washed everything that went in the house with bleach or alcohol. I threw my clothes in washer with soap and bleach and took a shower.
Sat nite on tv they showed a cleaners and or laundry. They said if you add a lot of soap in your washer was a mistake that the virus would live in the soap. Didn't mention bleach. Then they said the only way to kill it was to dry them at least 170 degrees. 140 was not enough. I had dried mine on the wall behind the stove, lol.
Had I known I was wasting my time I would have just hung them outside somewhere without washing them ! I think they was just selling there big dryer services. There is so many different ideas a guy just has to do the best we can. I guess maybe I should have burned my clothes and maybe my truck too, lol.

Re: Kansas City locked down for 30 days. [Re: Foxpaw] #6813014
03/22/20 03:13 PM
03/22/20 03:13 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Middle of last week I did a quick inventory. Decided I had enough of every thing for a month or 2. Animal feed was the shortest on list and neighbor said they could use some things. My thinking was since we only have a couple known cases , I would rather go now than in 3 or 4 weeks when the virus might be snowballing. So I went Fri and got what we needed. Lots of empty shelves and plenty of people. Washed my hands often and liberally with a mixture of hand lotion and alcohol. Got home unloaded, wife washed everything that went in the house with bleach or alcohol. I threw my clothes in washer with soap and bleach and took a shower.
Sat nite on tv they showed a cleaners and or laundry. They said if you add a lot of soap in your washer was a mistake that the virus would live in the soap. Didn't mention bleach. Then they said the only way to kill it was to dry them at least 170 degrees. 140 was not enough. I had dried mine on the wall behind the stove, lol.
Had I known I was wasting my time I would have just hung them outside somewhere without washing them ! I think they was just selling there big dryer services. There is so many different ideas a guy just has to do the best we can. I guess maybe I should have burned my clothes and maybe my truck too, lol.

They say that the virus can live about 12 hours on clothing. You could have simply hung them up, and went to bed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread