No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: Boco] #6812903
03/22/20 01:45 PM
03/22/20 01:45 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Online content
trapper
loosegoose  Online Content
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Boco
Why dont you sacrifice some babies like they did in the bible-see how well that goes over with the gubmint.
Grow up and quit acting like an entitled spoiled brat.

If we were performing human sacrifices, the government would have a legitimate interest in preventing me from practicing my religion in that way. But,.........that's a straw man. We're not pulling hearts out of virgins, we're sitting around talking and then having a meal. And practicing a religion isn't an entitlement, it's a god given right.

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: loosegoose] #6812908
03/22/20 01:50 PM
03/22/20 01:50 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Romans 10:25 tells us not to forsake the gathering of believers as some as accustomed to do. And Acts 2 talk about how the early church did exactly what we did today, meeting in each other's homes and teaching and sharing food. We modern day Christians rely too much on a building to meet in, and a pastor to be our spiritual leader. I as the husband and father am the spiritual leader of my house and my family, and I want to make sure my family sees that. If a government official declares that I can't worship and learn with other believers, that's a government official telling me how I can practice my religion. It's telling me I can practice, but only in certain ways.

I attended church today from my living room sofa via the zoom app online. There are ways to do this without putting people at risk.

BTW, it was the first time in my life I was able to smoke in church. LOL

[Linked Image]
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6812910
03/22/20 01:51 PM
03/22/20 01:51 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Another thing, our church is now holding daily services since we now have the free time to so.

[Linked Image]
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: Boco] #6812918
03/22/20 01:56 PM
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
Maybe goose just wants to thin the flock by exposing members to the virus. Dumb idea, but he can probably find a Bible verse that will absolve him from any responsibility. I wonder if his wife and kids are on board as the lord and master of the house puts them in jeopardy.

Jarhead

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: Boco] #6812921
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Why dont you sacrifice some babies like they did in the bible-see how well that goes over with the gubmint.

The government already approves of that at the tune of about 1,000,000 a year. Reckon we should have sheltered in place long ago.
Loosegoose I understand why churches have cancelled services in concern for their parishioners. A direct order from .gov is totally different, but I expected no different from leftist controlled states. Leftist don't suggest, they order.....

Last edited by J Staton; 03/22/20 01:59 PM.

James 1: 19-20
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6812932
03/22/20 02:04 PM
03/22/20 02:04 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Got my extra traps ordered...waiting on them to get here and told I can’t work, lol!! Although no working will probably NEVER happen, think we’re considered essential, but if told you sit at home for two weeks with pay, I will comply! Already have a couple landowners waiting on me!!

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: loosegoose] #6812951
03/22/20 02:15 PM
03/22/20 02:15 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

If we were performing human sacrifices, the government would have a legitimate interest in preventing me from practicing my religion in that way. But,.........that's a straw man. We're not pulling hearts out of virgins, we're sitting around talking and then having a meal. And practicing a religion isn't an entitlement, it's a god given right.

You beat me to it. Our government all ready steals our money(taxes,) and pays it to their high prest( "doctors") killing a million or so babies a year. All in the name of health care or a women's choice. They seem to look over look she made the choice to be pregnant. That's when her right to chose ends and the new life inside her rights to life Liberty and pursuit of happiness superceded her rights for the short time of 9 months. Before you try to say it's not a baby. Well if it is not a baby then she is not pregnant.

Boco you are to far left to ever attempt to take a moral responsibility stand.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 03/22/20 02:16 PM.
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6813012
03/22/20 03:12 PM
03/22/20 03:12 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I'm a staunch conservative,but i am also a free thinker,not fettered by some backwards political far right wing ideology.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6813085
03/22/20 04:17 PM
03/22/20 04:17 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
trapper
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
The church is a group of people. It's not the building or the service held there. To attend church means to meet with fellow believers in person. Watching a sermon online isn't meeting with fellow believers, it's no different than listening to a podcast at home or doing a regular Bible study at home. It's important to sdo your own learning individually, but it's not church. If all the members of your church sat in the heir homes and ate lunch while watching an online sermon at the same time, would you say you are lunch together with your church? Of course not. In the same sense, if you all watch an online sermon at the same time, you wouldn't say you worshipped together or learned together. You all are welcome to do as you please but nobody, certainly no government official will tell me how to practice.

And my wife is totally on board.

Last edited by loosegoose; 03/22/20 04:31 PM.
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6813100
03/22/20 04:29 PM
03/22/20 04:29 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
trapper
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Don't be sheep. The government is saying churches have to close,and in some places that you can't even have church in your own home. And for the most part, Christians are just shrugging.their shoulders and going along with it. They talk a big talk about being ready to serve God and disobey the government If the day comes when the government tries to tell them not to practice their religion, but they don't walk the walk. There are several stories in the Bible about people who were imprisoned or killed or who faced death but we're saved, for practicing their faith as they saw fit. That day is today, and most just shrug their shoulders and give up. Makes me wonder what'd happen if the government told you guys to turn in your guns.

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6813108
03/22/20 04:34 PM
03/22/20 04:34 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You can change the government by voting,if the majority agrees with your views.Anything else is overthrowing a duly elected government.
If a dictator took power and did away with the democratic process then of course rising up against that would be encouraged and expected.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: loosegoose] #6813115
03/22/20 04:38 PM
03/22/20 04:38 PM
Central New York
D
Dewey NY Offline
trapper
Dewey NY  Offline
trapper
D

Central New York
[quote=loosegoose]Don't be sheep. The government is saying churches have to close,and in some places that you can't even have church in your own home. And for the most part, Christians are just shrugging.their shoulders and going along with it. They talk a big talk about being ready to serve God and disobey the government If the day comes when the government tries to tell them not to practice their religion, but they don't walk the walk. There are several stories in the Bible about people who were imprisoned or killed or who faced death but we're saved, for practicing their faith as they saw fit. That day is today, and most just shrug their shoulders and give up. Makes me wonder what'd happen if the government told you guys to turn in your guns. [/quo

Don't want to miss a couple weeks of church for the better good of man. That's pretty selfish to me. God will still love and not forget about you.

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6813122
03/22/20 04:42 PM
03/22/20 04:42 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Wasn't the government shutting down churches here, it was the bishop. What say you to that?

Not worth the risk to older parishioners to gather and potentially spread it, whether those gathering are susceptible or not, they may have contact with someone who is, or contact someone who contacts someone who is. See what I'm getting at?

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6813144
03/22/20 04:59 PM
03/22/20 04:59 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Go find your thinking caps. Not your irrational caps, or your prejudice caps, or your irresponsibility caps, or your tyranny caps. Do something good for your fellow man. Do unto others ..........

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6813152
03/22/20 05:05 PM
03/22/20 05:05 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
People in Guyana drank strychnine for their religion. Men in the heavens gate religion castrated themselves before drinking poison. Never underestimate what a zealot will do while in a religious state of mind

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: danny clifton] #6813226
03/22/20 05:56 PM
03/22/20 05:56 PM
s.e. mn
T
timbremn Offline
trapper
timbremn  Offline
trapper
T

s.e. mn
Originally Posted by danny clifton
People in Guyana drank strychnine for their religion. Men in the heavens gate religion castrated themselves before drinking poison. Never underestimate what a zealot will do while in a religious state of mind

Actually it was cyanide

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: David Morse] #6813238
03/22/20 06:06 PM
03/22/20 06:06 PM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline
trapper
BuckMink  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Loosegoose, our church is doing online services not because they were told but because our pastor thought it was in best interest of the safety of the people. But i agree with your love for the Lord and family, but aren't you putting your family in uncessary risk?

"He who doesnt provide for his immedient family is worse then a unbeliever? 1 timothy 5:8

We are not in a situation, where it is unlawful to worship Jesus. In scripture, they were commanded to worship idols and gods but HIM

yes we are men and spiritual leaders, but our bodies always require sleep, food, and water. You are responsible not just for the word but for their physical health. Your family is more important then others, and the others are capable of reading the word until this passes over.

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: tlguy] #6813239
03/22/20 06:07 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
trapper
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by tlguy
Wasn't the government shutting down churches here, it was the bishop. What say you to that?

Not worth the risk to older parishioners to gather and potentially spread it, whether those gathering are susceptible or not, they may have contact with someone who is, or contact someone who contacts someone who is. See what I'm getting at?

If a church decides to close, that's fine. Our church here is closed. Lots of old people in our church too, and they shouldn't risk getting sick. My problem is not with a church deciding to shut down on its own, my problem is with the government telling churches to close, and the government telling me I can't meet with fellow believers in my home. See what I'm getting at?
It's like you deciding you don't need to carry a gun in a crisis, vs the government telling you that you can't carry a gun in a crisis.

Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: Boco] #6813241
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
You can change the government by voting,if the majority agrees with your views.Anything else is overthrowing a duly elected government.
If a dictator took power and did away with the democratic process then of course rising up against that would be encouraged and expected.

Or you could just have a partisan impeachment.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: I thought we still had some fight left [Re: loosegoose] #6813262
03/22/20 06:20 PM
03/22/20 06:20 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
The church is a group of people. It's not the building or the service held there. To attend church means to meet with fellow believers in person. Watching a sermon online isn't meeting with fellow believers, it's no different than listening to a podcast at home or doing a regular Bible study at home. It's important to sdo your own learning individually, but it's not church. If all the members of your church sat in the heir homes and ate lunch while watching an online sermon at the same time, would you say you are lunch together with your church? Of course not. In the same sense, if you all watch an online sermon at the same time, you wouldn't say you worshipped together or learned together. You all are welcome to do as you please but nobody, certainly no government official will tell me how to practice.

And my wife is totally on board.

Perhaps you are to luddite to understand. I'm probably more calvinist than you yet I understand modern technology AND biblical doctrine. First, the zoom app I referred to is a fully interactive meeting app not a pay per view event. Second, the apostle Paul did not establish a sacrament in the cited scripture.

While I admire your fervor methinks you strain at a gnat.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread