No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6813614
03/22/20 10:18 PM
03/22/20 10:18 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

There are many small businesses here that were manditorily shut down. They may not be able to bounce back.

just watched THE NEWS No mandatory shut downs in Wi. You are just promoting the same crap as Marty. Wait a few days, you may get your wish.

Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Diggerman] #6813626
03/22/20 10:29 PM
03/22/20 10:29 PM
WI
B
Badger23 Offline
trapper
Badger23  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Originally Posted by Diggerman

There are many small businesses here that were manditorily shut down. They may not be able to bounce back.

just watched THE NEWS No mandatory shut downs in Wi. You are just promoting the same crap as Marty. Wait a few days, you may get your wish.

So the hair salons, tanning salons, bars & restaurants etc. are all owned by big companies??? You do know they were ordered to close right? The restaurants are able to do to go orders but that's it.

Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Macthediver] #6813630
03/22/20 10:39 PM
03/22/20 10:39 PM
eastern washinghton
70sdiver Offline
trapper
70sdiver  Offline
trapper

eastern washinghton
Well I started caring my little beretta .25 in my pocket.Told the owner of my store and he don’t have a problem with it lol.Its crazy here in wa state at the meat dept.

Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Macthediver] #6813717
03/23/20 12:14 AM
03/23/20 12:14 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Well the boy wasn't quit so wound up today. Said today was more like a normal Monday. Said work was so much easier not having to set all the cases. They were able to hit the saw getting cutting and pound things out fill self serve. Maybe their over the hump with the panic rush..He was in little better mood today.

One of my son's buddies that duck hunts with us. He works at bar restaurant that closed down so he is not working..His boss had him working for couple days after the mandatory closing running carry outs. Couldn't do enough business to justify staying open though.
Another bar restaurant my son goes to quit often plays summer volley ball, Dart league there.. They were doing carry out Friday usually big fish fry thing there..They put it out on FB and word spread. So wife called to get couple fish dinners. They had such a response from people they sold out of fish and all kinds of stuff. Told wife only thing left to order was pizza, so she passed on that. Next morning the owner posted a thank you on their FB page. Said they literally cleared their freezer. I don't know if they are going to try to do that again next Friday or not?

Anyone who know Wisconsin knows we are famous for our bars. Anyone who knows LaCrosse knows or has heard of 3rd street an its bars..
Picture below is 3rd street around Midnight on Saturday.. For me seeing that is just a WOW!

[Linked Image]

A little bird told me the next item to slow in the delivery pipe line could have a rush on maybe ????? Potatoes

So I got mine

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Macthediver] #6813728
03/23/20 12:22 AM
03/23/20 12:22 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I just don't get the big rush I looked under the sink in the kitchen and both bathrooms and we have cleaning supplies to last a year it looks like. LOL the freezer has 1/2 a hog in it and the kitchen cabinets have all kinds of goodies I don't think we will go hungry soon. The wife went shopping the other day and scored the basics for baking yeast and rotisserie chicken was the only items she could not find.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Macthediver] #6813736
03/23/20 12:32 AM
03/23/20 12:32 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

My daughter is supposed to get married April 18th. Needless to say she is in a very bad mood. PO'd most of the time.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Badger23] #6813856
03/23/20 07:55 AM
03/23/20 07:55 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Badger23
[quote=Diggerman][quote=Sprung&Rusty]

So the hair salons, tanning salons, bars & restaurants etc. are all owned by big companies??? You do know they were ordered to close right? The restaurants are able to do to go orders but that's it.

They have been ASKED to keep less than 10 people . that's it folks. Are most closed, Yes. Will it be a hardship, probably. No mandatory "lockdown". If your business cannot stand a little down time, probably wasn't going to be around anyway. The people getting really hurt are Farmers, not because of the virus but because of the hysterical sell off of commodity stocks, artificially lowering real commodity prices. You can not find beef in the store, yet on the hoof price is .30 less than 2 weeks ago, the sell off of future contracts have pushed feeder prices from 1.40 to 1.00. This could break a few bigger feeder operations. Cash corn prices are at 3.00, were and should be close to 4.00. If you don't have your spring financing sewed up, could be rough.
Sorry about the salons but when enough shaggy, pale people walking around are becoming a nuisance the govt will bail them out.

Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Diggerman] #6813859
03/23/20 08:08 AM
03/23/20 08:08 AM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline
trapper
trapper20  Offline
trapper

SW WI
Originally Posted by Badger23
[quote=Diggerman][quote=Sprung&Rusty]

They have been ASKED to keep less than 10 people . that's it folks. Are most closed, Yes. Will it be a hardship, probably. No mandatory "lockdown". If your business cannot stand a little down time, probably wasn't going to be around anyway. The people getting really hurt are Farmers, not because of the virus but because of the hysterical sell off of commodity stocks, artificially lowering real commodity prices. You can not find beef in the store, yet on the hoof price is .30 less than 2 weeks ago, the sell off of future contracts have pushed feeder prices from 1.40 to 1.00. This could break a few bigger feeder operations. Cash corn prices are at 3.00, were and should be close to 4.00. If you don't have your spring financing sewed up, could be rough.
Sorry about the salons but when enough shaggy, pale people walking around are becoming a nuisance the govt will bail them out.

Bars and restaurants are carry out only, no inside customers.

Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Diggerman] #6813897
03/23/20 08:51 AM
03/23/20 08:51 AM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
The good thing is he is working. Lots of people are going to lose their jobs after all this. Good luck and God bless.

Who will lose their job after this? I would assume things will be quite gangbusters after this blows over.

I agree
Its a little concerning to me that there is a common narrative right now to inflict more anxiety by all the commentators and politicians using the phrase " lose their jobs " instead of " temporary lay offs "

Re: People! just a rant. [Re: Macthediver] #6813955
03/23/20 09:32 AM
03/23/20 09:32 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Governor said she does not have the authority to close businesses here it’s up to the County Commissioners or Mayors, 21 travel related cases here in SD one gas station worker just got reported as having it today. 6 cases in one town but little info about why the cluster there.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread