No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
My Dog Has Lyme Disease #6818034
03/26/20 12:42 PM
03/26/20 12:42 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I have a rescue Shih-Tzu. He's a really neat dog, but was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. Every year or so, it flares up and he can't walk. We ended up at the vet and he gets put on Prednisone which clears it up within a day or so. Anybody else have a similar problem?

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: My Dog Has Lyme Disease [Re: Trapper7] #6818044
03/26/20 12:47 PM
03/26/20 12:47 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Sorry to hear about his sickness. Hope all goes well.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: My Dog Has Lyme Disease [Re: Trapper7] #6818060
03/26/20 12:56 PM
03/26/20 12:56 PM
N.W. Pennsylvania, Venango cou...
PA.Trapper Offline
trapper
PA.Trapper  Offline
trapper

N.W. Pennsylvania, Venango cou...
I had a coonhound I competition hunted hard all over the country. He got lyme disease at 4 years old and he still hunted hard until he passed at 11 but we were always giving him vitamins and joint supplements. I wish I could remember what they were called now.they were beef flavored tabs for joint health. The wife bought them online for me and they really seemed to help him. He was a tough old sob.even in his late stages he wanted to hunt til he about dropped, that was our sign to take him to the truck. He weighed 90 lbs. And I wasn't going to carry him out of the woods. Lol. If I can find what those tablets were I will send you the info on them.they really helped him move around alot better

Life's too short, enjoy everyday like it was your last.
Re: My Dog Has Lyme Disease [Re: Trapper7] #6818072
03/26/20 01:03 PM
03/26/20 01:03 PM
pa.
J
jarentz Offline
trapper
jarentz  Offline
trapper
J

pa.
I had a Brittany that had It made him walk like a old man about once a year! Vet would fix him up.

jarentz
Re: My Dog Has Lyme Disease [Re: Trapper7] #6818074
03/26/20 01:04 PM
03/26/20 01:04 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I have a 12 year old German Shepard who tested positive about 5 years ago. but since doing treatment twice and the vaccine has been ok

now my vet tells em you don't have a GSD you have a unicorn she will still act 3 at times like when my wife gets home form work. She will lay there when I tell her too for the blood draw at the vet, the vet apparently never sees that level of training.

she doesn't hop on the table like she used to for the vet so now we have her appointment on the floor.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: My Dog Has Lyme Disease [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6818090
03/26/20 01:22 PM
03/26/20 01:22 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I have a 12 year old German Shepard who tested positive about 5 years ago. but since doing treatment twice and the vaccine has been ok

now my vet tells em you don't have a GSD you have a unicorn she will still act 3 at times like when my wife gets home form work. She will lay there when I tell her too for the blood draw at the vet, the vet apparently never sees that level of training.

she doesn't hop on the table like she used to for the vet so now we have her appointment on the floor.

Had a walker and a German wirehair that had it after treatment and getting the yearly vaccine they never had any problems though the vet always cautioned me to keep an eye on them for flair ups

My brother had a beagle that had it and had nothing but trouble from the time he got it till his death at 7yo

Green county Pete my vet was the Same way when she had to deal with my walker she was always amazed that he would just stand or lay there while being treated even when it was something such and putting a drain into his neck to drain an infected wound, my current dogs are almost the same way, but that GWH I had was well trained except when at the vet where she had to be physically restrained and muzzled

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: My Dog Has Lyme Disease [Re: Trapper7] #6818101
03/26/20 01:39 PM
03/26/20 01:39 PM
Happy Valley
CoonsBane Offline
trapper
CoonsBane  Offline
trapper

Happy Valley
3 out of 4 tested here in PA will be positive.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread