No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: storing 22 ammo? [Re: taser] #6819881
03/27/20 11:35 PM
03/27/20 11:35 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
22 shells used to be waxed.

Re: storing 22 ammo? [Re: taser] #6819928
03/28/20 12:20 AM
03/28/20 12:20 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
When you make soft boiled eggs, when you take them out of the pot, dump them in ice water. Its stops the cooking process. wink

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: storing 22 ammo? [Re: The Possum Man] #6819941
03/28/20 12:40 AM
03/28/20 12:40 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by The Possum Man
I also believe i get more duds from newer manufactured rimfire than I did when i was a kid 20 years ago. I dont have numbers but when i got my new ruger mark 4 i shot a bunch of brand new ammo from it and got misfire from all sorts of brands even everyones beloved CCI. I am currently using federal auto match as i have had the best luck with cycling and fewest duds and decent accuracy. I still get duds from those though. Pistol is striking fine so it isnt a weapon malfunction i just do believe its a quality issue these days. I dont remember any but the most rarest of occasions of duds from old ammo I used to shoot back in the day and most of those i got off the top of the dryer where my granddad emptied his pockets. That old man always had a few 22 bullets and some change in his pocket.

Bingo. Im still goin through shells my dad had from the 80’s and they go bang. I have newer shells too and moat fo bang but have an occasional misfire. Both have been Stored in original box in a cabinet of some fashion. If you have that much moisture in your house that you need to store .22 shells in sealed ammo cans with the moisture absorbers, you might wanna have a mold inspection done. Im guessing however you want to store them is fine, i would just avoid places like the shower or the dishwasher.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread