No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
U.S. corona death rate increase #6820190
03/28/20 10:09 AM
03/28/20 10:09 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We were at 4 a couple days ago and now we are at 5 per million of the population.
Italy has increased to 151

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820192
03/28/20 10:11 AM
03/28/20 10:11 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Expected but over a thousand still is pretty low.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820195
03/28/20 10:13 AM
03/28/20 10:13 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yep, 1000 deaths per million would be 1/10th of one percent

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820204
03/28/20 10:23 AM
03/28/20 10:23 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Danny the people that do the math here. Have said we would be way higher numbers if they hadn't spread us all out. locked down things..
Something like 2200 infected instead of 842???
Math never been my strong suit can't get much past my ten fingers.. but it's easy to see numbers are highest where we're bunched up. Guess like parvo in the raccoons densest get hit worse. ..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820468
03/28/20 02:08 PM
03/28/20 02:08 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
its increasing. we are up to 6 deaths per million.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820471
03/28/20 02:11 PM
03/28/20 02:11 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The numbers are going to keep going up for a long time.

Keith

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820543
03/28/20 03:02 PM
03/28/20 03:02 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
around 1800 nationwide now according to Hopkins. 517 in NYC alone.
88000 annually from alcohol but that's legal so meh......and folks pull their wallets out and pay to die from it.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820591
03/28/20 03:28 PM
03/28/20 03:28 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
the situation isn't getting better it's getting worse so the number will only go up from here until things turn around and as of right now there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820592
03/28/20 03:29 PM
03/28/20 03:29 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Italy is over 10,000 deaths total.

It's first case was January 29th.

Italy went into a national lockdown roughly one month later, in March 10th.

2 months. From nothing to 10,000 deaths.

The thing that gets me is that South Korea, Japan and Germany are handling it so well.

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820599
03/28/20 03:35 PM
03/28/20 03:35 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
The death rate is likely much lower due to people who are asymptomatic, and also only lab-confirmed cases are being counted. There are people in my town presumed positive, but aren't counted as infected because it's not lab confirmed. The death rate is calculated as number of deaths/people infected. The top number is easy, everyone that dies from coronavirus is known. But the bottom number is unknown due to asymptomatic cases and mild cases and unconfirmed cases. The more cases we know about, the lower the deaths are as a percentage.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: amspoker] #6820605
03/28/20 03:41 PM
03/28/20 03:41 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by amspoker

The thing that gets me is that South Korea, Japan and Germany are handling it so well.

Their people might be little quicker to snap in line when government speaks??? Only got to have followed this group here on T-man to see how it was first talked about in this country..Just a joke to start with for few to many people, or government trying to control us..Still people thinking it's government trying to just control us no big deal..Those folks in them countries snap in line when their government says might be a problem need to do this or that.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820610
03/28/20 03:47 PM
03/28/20 03:47 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
I guess when the cv19 numbers reach the numbers below it will no longer be a crisis

Here are some numbers no one gives a crap about

[Linked Image]

Report a post club - Non member

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: loosegoose] #6820628
03/28/20 04:01 PM
03/28/20 04:01 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by loosegoose
The death rate is likely much lower due to people who are asymptomatic, and also only lab-confirmed cases are being counted. There are people in my town presumed positive, but aren't counted as infected because it's not lab confirmed. The death rate is calculated as number of deaths/people infected. The top number is easy, everyone that dies from coronavirus is known. But the bottom number is unknown due to asymptomatic cases and mild cases and unconfirmed cases. The more cases we know about, the lower the deaths are as a percentage.

Goose next time you see the numbers on the screen read it carefully. IT SAYS confirmed AND presumptive cases. I wish they would exclude terminal patients in the stats. 3 in ky where in final stages of cancer. In fact the first death was only given a week to live before he succumbed to the "virus "

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6820636
03/28/20 04:07 PM
03/28/20 04:07 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Goose next time you see the numbers on the screen read it carefully. IT SAYS confirmed AND presumptive cases. I wish they would exclude terminal patients in the stats. 3 in ky where in final stages of cancer. In fact the first death was only given a week to live before he succumbed to the "virus "

At least here in Nebraska, the presumptive cases aren't counted. There are three or four presumptive cases in my town, but they aren't included in the official count for the state. I'm in gage county, and the official count for gage county right now is still zero. In any case, the asymptomatic cases aren't being counted for sure.

covid19 cases in nebraska

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820642
03/28/20 04:11 PM
03/28/20 04:11 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
We better forget all the baloney about how many die from other things.
This is something we have never experienced before.It is faster spreading than the flu.Can you even imagine what the numbers would be if all the steps that have been taken--were not taken.
Forget all the pissing and moaning. Say your prayers for all the medical workers,say your prayers for all our soldiers and Law enforcement officers.
Do what you can to help stop the spread and quit comparing the virus to the other things that kill us.
Every death due to the virus--is a loss of one of our fellow countrymen.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820646
03/28/20 04:13 PM
03/28/20 04:13 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
crazy

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Macthediver] #6820653
03/28/20 04:17 PM
03/28/20 04:17 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Macthediver

Their people might be little quicker to snap in line when government speaks??? Only got to have followed this group here on T-man to see how it was first talked about in this country..Just a joke to start with for few to many people, or government trying to control us..Still people thinking it's government trying to just control us no big deal..Those folks in them countries snap in line when their government says might be a problem need to do this or that.

Mac

Actually South Korea and Singapore were much better prepared for this that we were. After the H1N1 virus a few years back those two countries learned the lessons and created test kits and procedures that our CDC ignored. We spent those dollars researching 'gun violence as a health risk'.

Mean As Nails
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820658
03/28/20 04:25 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Death rate from this will be way less than 1 percent, pretty much a flu only we want this one to be politicized and shut down the country over. Im more scared of how EASY it is to get citizens in this country whipped into a frenzy and then GLADLY give up all their rights at the drop of a hat so the gov. can 'save' them.

Dark days ahead in this country but not due to this particular virus.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820659
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Anti-Gov I've discussed that in depth on another site. Covid-19 is definitely going to kill people but there are a multitude of things that cause the deaths of many people in this country that get little attention. Danny as far as the mortality rate increasing I've also discussed in another place the numbers can be skewed for a number of different reasons. The only positive in our county is a "presumed positive" that wasn't even tested for Covid-19. The CDC has counted "presumed positives" along with confirmed cases since the start of this. How many of those cases counted are presumed positive and not actually tested? I challenge anyone to find that information.

Nebraska is no longer reporting "presumed positives" we are in the lower end of the spectrum for cases in the United States since they quit reporting presumed positives and are no longer tracking presumed positives. People are only being tested here if they are aged 1-65 healthcare workers which are symptomatic, over the age of 65 years old and in critical condition, and I believe they just came out with guidelines yesterday to test institutionalized patients with symptoms. If you're only being tested because you're in critical condition how can we use those numbers to come up with a mortality rate?

That being said we probably have a large number of people that don't meet the requirements for testing that are infected and are doing just fine at home with mild illness. Those people will never be included in the total cases of Covid-19 (or mortality rate) because we aren't testing them, and they don't meet the requirements to be tested in this state. I can tell you I've ran the 1800 number for our county for a number of nights over the last two weeks. We are fielding a lot of calls I would say on average 25 a day of people that have symptoms and travel that make them likely to have contracted Covid-19 that are being told to self quarantine for 14 days. These same people are being told to only come to the hospital if their symptoms worsen to the point they don't feel safe at home. So far we have not had that happen. These people that have fevers, horrible coughs, and generalized not feeling well are not included in the total cases or the mortality rate.

I'm not downplaying the fact that Covid-19 in the right setting, population, and person has the ability to kill people. What I am simply saying is there are a number of things that the general public has never paid attention to that will also kill you however, Covid has been sensationalized by the media. You look at Anti-Gov's numbers above that's from October of last year. Can you imagine if the media would have reported every case of influenza by state, by day, and then the deaths per day/per state? That would come out on the low end to 133 deaths per day every day to influenza for the last 5 months. So far in two month's time the first Covid-19 was in the United States January 20th we've averaged 33 deaths per day.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820660
03/28/20 04:26 PM
03/28/20 04:26 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
I dislike the comparisons to flu and the pandemic of 1918 to covid-19. One is a reminder we couldn’t do much 100 years ago and the other kills relatively few. Covid-19 is here, now, and potentially kills many more than the flu.

This one started in ASIA but so what? They all start somewhere. It’s what you do with the knowledge that counts. When it first started local Wuhan government tried to discredit the doctor who was notifying his colleagues that he was seeing a strain of virus that had serious potential. Local officials had no knowledge of the extent because no testing had been done to show how nasty it could become.

Contrast this to our own leadership. Our president called it fake news put out by a political party to take him down. Our government also didn’t have test results but had to have known it was a matter of time (as short as it was) before it got here. Let’s face it, the Chinese didn’t know how serious it was. But we did.

All of this is water under the bridge. Most world leaders are leading their populations through some pretty tough times. The US now has some leadership ( Anthony Fauci for one, Mike Pence for another). Medical interventions, procedures and equipment are sometimes slow. The US has hot spots where treatment capabilities are overwhelmed. But the numbers will go down and we’ll get better at treating it. But it’s going to hurt for a while.

By the start of the next trapping season, a good many of us are going to have some great stories to tell around the camp fire. Some Tman members will no longer be with us. There will be plenty of time to point fingers, but in the end, it’s the lessons heeded that will make the difference. Until then, clean your trapping equipment and get ready for the 2020-2021 season. We’ve all got time. Might as well make good use of it.

Never too old to learn
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Jtrapper] #6820664
03/28/20 04:30 PM
03/28/20 04:30 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Death rate from this will be way less than 1 percent, pretty much a flu only we want this one to be politicized and shut down the country over. Im more scared of how EASY it is to get citizens in this country whipped into a frenzy and then GLADLY give up all their rights at the drop of a hat so the gov. can 'save' them.

Dark days ahead in this country but not due to this particular virus.

X2

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: white17] #6820671
03/28/20 04:35 PM
03/28/20 04:35 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State

White17

"Actually South Korea and Singapore were much better prepared for this that we were. After the H1N1 virus a few years back those two countries learned the lessons and created test kits and procedures that our CDC ignored. We spent those dollars researching 'gun violence as a health risk'."
[/quote]

Can I quote that? Great point!

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820673
03/28/20 04:37 PM
03/28/20 04:37 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
You wonder why the government has done some of the things it has??? Because we have a lot of stupid people in this country.
When a suggestion was made--it was ignored by many--as proof on the beaches of Florida or on the sidewalks of many towns.Our own people--are our worst enemies--rules and suggestions made are not for them,but for everyone else.

Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6820860
03/28/20 07:05 PM
03/28/20 07:05 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Agreed, Tom.

In a lot of ways we Americans (now) are, and act like, a bunch of spoiled rotten little rich/entitled brats.

Last edited by Calvin; 03/28/20 07:07 PM.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820875
03/28/20 07:18 PM
03/28/20 07:18 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
you ever get the feeling your being led by the tv? 1918 5% of the population tipped over. We are at less than 1 /100th of a percent right now. Still no mass graves for the homeless and prisoners.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820882
03/28/20 07:24 PM
03/28/20 07:24 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Maybe they are trying to avoid 5% of the population dying this time?

smile

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820908
03/28/20 07:40 PM
03/28/20 07:40 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Or we are over reacting, increasing the deficit with record breaking spending, tanking the stock market, putting untold millions out of work and for how long? how many businesses go under? when we could just tell at risk people to be careful. Just like with any other flu.

instead your being told your selfish if you question any of it.

If this stuff was that bad there would already be segments of the population where death was measured in percents. Not 900 sick people out of 1.2 million like in New Orleans.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820922
03/28/20 07:50 PM
03/28/20 07:50 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/28/us/nypd-coronavirus-deaths/index.html

New York City police lost its first detective to Covid-19, marking the third NYPD death to the disease that has afflicted the department.

On Friday, 4,122 NYPD employees were out sick, a senior NYPD official said. That's about 11% of the department's workforce.

At least 442 uniformed NYPD members and 70 civilian members have tested positive for coronavirus, the official said.

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820924
03/28/20 07:51 PM
03/28/20 07:51 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Hard to say what all those numbers may really mean.

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820931
03/28/20 07:54 PM
03/28/20 07:54 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
if 4000 is 11% then 400 is less than 1%. are they not testing all of them? nor is something else going on? like less than one percent are sick enough to need a dr? how many of the 4000 are just skating cause they dont feel like working?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6820932
03/28/20 07:55 PM
03/28/20 07:55 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
This is something we have never experienced before.It is faster spreading than the flu.Can you even imagine what the numbers would be if all the steps that have been taken--were not taken.
Forget all the pissing and moaning. Say your prayers for all the medical workers,say your prayers for all our soldiers and Law enforcement officers.
Do what you can to help stop the spread and quit comparing the virus to the other things that kill us.
Tom

Exactly

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820954
03/28/20 08:13 PM
03/28/20 08:13 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
the number dead in usa is over 2000 now and climbing by 300 plus per day.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820961
03/28/20 08:19 PM
03/28/20 08:19 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by danny clifton
if 4000 is 11% then 400 is less than 1%. are they not testing all of them? nor is something else going on? like less than one percent are sick enough to need a dr? how many of the 4000 are just skating cause they dont feel like working?

Doubt it's not feeling like working. Tired of people playing politics when lives are involved? Concerned to expose themselves?

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820973
03/28/20 08:29 PM
03/28/20 08:29 PM
Montana
Taximan Offline
trapper
Taximan  Offline
trapper

Montana
Over 100 doctors lost,so far to Covid19,in the US.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820981
03/28/20 08:38 PM
03/28/20 08:38 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Danny I used to think you were a little smarter than I do now. You have been the constant voice that keeps saying it is not that bad but I bet you are hunkered down like a tick on a dog. Just saying this to lesson your anxiety and bored while you are in isolation in KS. Just a guess. I sure think differently than you and about you. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821017
03/28/20 09:19 PM
03/28/20 09:19 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I'm seeing a pattern in the naysayers. Most live in rural or low population/travel areas at lower risk with fewer cases. Those of us in or within range of major cities/airports are seeing to risk. My local hospitals will be at capa city by the end of the month. My wife and daughter work in the medical field (geriatric not front line, thank God) and the fear is real. I have a sister in law in a college town with the highest number of cases in Alabama (due to young dumb kids spreading it on spring break).
For you guys in rural areas check out Dougherty County/Albany Ga. One funeral has spread the virus throughout the community, killed several (many from the extended family at the funeral) and spread the virus across several states not to mention completely overwhelmed the local medical facility to the point of needing to send in National Guard medics.

[Linked Image]
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821027
03/28/20 09:30 PM
03/28/20 09:30 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Nothing has really changed for me here. Cabinet shops are still considered essential. If I have to go to town, I go to town. I just use common sense and proper hygiene. The town where I work and shop has three colleges.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821031
03/28/20 09:33 PM
03/28/20 09:33 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
All you guys that are comparing the dead to to other causes. Just how many have to die before you are concerned?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821045
03/28/20 09:41 PM
03/28/20 09:41 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Id say 100,000 in US

480,000 die from ciggarette smoke every year in the usa

41,000 of those are from 2nd hand smoke

1300 every day

7500 die every day in the usa from all causes . Will cv19 increase those numbers or replace some of those numbers ?

Last edited by AntiGov; 03/28/20 09:53 PM.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: AntiGov] #6821053
03/28/20 09:50 PM
03/28/20 09:50 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Id say 100,000 in US

1300 every day

Smoking is a choice. A choice I made over 30 years ago and probably will until I die whether they kill me or not. Catching some virus because dumbasses spread the crap faster the medical professionals can fight it ain't my choice.

[Linked Image]
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821057
03/28/20 09:54 PM
03/28/20 09:54 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
It wasnt a choice of the 41000 either

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821058
03/28/20 09:56 PM
03/28/20 09:56 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Stay on topic. Secondhand smoke is you bring the virus home from spring break and killing your grandmother.

[Linked Image]
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: warrior] #6821062
03/28/20 09:59 PM
03/28/20 09:59 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by warrior
Stay on topic. Secondhand smoke is you bring the virus home from spring break and killing your grandmother.

You dont like those numbers , so how bout the flu ? 50,000 a year dead and you dont stay in your house do you ?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: warrior] #6821068
03/28/20 10:02 PM
03/28/20 10:02 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Id say 100,000 in US

1300 every day

Smoking is a choice. A choice I made over 30 years ago and probably will until I die whether they kill me or not. Catching some virus because dumbasses spread the crap faster the medical professionals can fight it ain't my choice.

Secondhand smoke,the equivalent of murder by cigarette, kills 41000 a year and it's usually not their choice.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821069
03/28/20 10:03 PM
03/28/20 10:03 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
We could go round and round all night but until you look these folks in the eyes and see the fear you'll never understand.

[Linked Image]
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821079
03/28/20 10:10 PM
03/28/20 10:10 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
We could go round and round all night but until you look these folks in the eyes and see the fear you'll never understand.

I feel sorry for them of course

I also feel bad for most of the 2,700,000 that die every year in the usa

I wonder if the cv19 will add to those numbers or replace some of the other causes maintaining total

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: AntiGov] #6821080
03/28/20 10:11 PM
03/28/20 10:11 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Id say 100,000 in US

You'll probably see that number by the end of April.

What no one on this thread seems to understand is the concept of exponential spread. The death rate in the US went from 1000 to 2000 in less than 3 days.

That doesn't mean it increased by 1000 (even though it did). It means it doubled. IF it just increased by 1,000 every day, it wouldn't be so bad but that's not what the experts say is happening.

If this thing keeps spreading the way it is... by Tuesday you'll have 4000 dead. By Friday you'll have 8,000. The following Monday, 16,000. By Tax Day, 120,000 dead in the US. THAT is what exponential spread means, an that is will what happen if we don't do better at containing this than we are now.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821099
03/28/20 10:24 PM
03/28/20 10:24 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
why are we even comparing this to other deaths its not even relevant to stopping this virus! 64 abortions preformed per day in this country but the flu and auto accidents cause more deaths so that makes it ok? your trying to compare apples to oranges here....I have never been a doomsdayer or the sky is falling but this virus has got my attention ...it has bigger potential than the last virus out of china had...it time to help stop this worldwide virus. and china needs to shut down there wet markets and held accountable or this will continue year after year with greater consequences!

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821100
03/28/20 10:25 PM
03/28/20 10:25 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Angela you seem to be confusing exponential spread with mortality rate. I’ll let you figure out why. For the record the “expert” from the UK that predicted 500,000 deaths has changed his “theory” to 20,000.

I know you probably read a Facebook meme that explained it to you so maybe you can enlighten us?

Last edited by WadeRyan; 03/28/20 10:29 PM.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: WadeRyan] #6821112
03/28/20 10:30 PM
03/28/20 10:30 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Yote you seem to be confusing exponential spread with mortality rate. I’ll let you figure out why. For the record the “expert” from the UK that predicted 500,000 deaths has changed his “theory” to 20,000.

No I was just illustrating how exponential spread affects the mortality rate. When the cases are doubling every three days, the deaths will as well, unless of course the fatality rate changes course from what it's been.

This will explain it to everyone better than I can.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/starts...r-the-covid-19-coronavirus/#7228d4004e9b

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: WadeRyan] #6821114
03/28/20 10:32 PM
03/28/20 10:32 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

I know you probably read a Facebook meme that explained it to you so maybe you can enlighten us?

Facebook memes are fun, but I prefer listening to various doctors explain things in the national and state press conferences. Figure the infectious disease specialists probably know more about it than trappers do.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: yotetrapper30] #6821118
03/28/20 10:34 PM
03/28/20 10:34 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Yote you seem to be confusing exponential spread with mortality rate. I’ll let you figure out why. For the record the “expert” from the UK that predicted 500,000 deaths has changed his “theory” to 20,000.

No I was just illustrating how exponential spread affects the mortality rate. When the cases are doubling every three days, the deaths will as well, unless of course the fatality rate changes course from what it's been.

This will explain it to everyone better than I can.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/starts...r-the-covid-19-coronavirus/#7228d4004e9b

Awww there you go ! Nice save....or was it? I’d say the mortality rate will decrease as the virus spreads. Call me crazy.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821124
03/28/20 10:38 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Ok crazy.

Let's talk in two weeks.

Last edited by amspoker; 03/28/20 10:40 PM.

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821126
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
The mortality rate is flawed and sparks fear

Many had it and recovered before testing was available

Many have it and are denied testing and sent home even with the symptoms because they dont meet certain requirements

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: WadeRyan] #6821139
03/28/20 10:43 PM
03/28/20 10:43 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Awww there you go ! Nice save....or was it? I’d say the mortality rate will decrease as the virus spreads. Call me crazy.

Not sure why you're so antagonistic, lol... but I truly do hope that I am wrong and you are right.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821141
03/28/20 10:44 PM
03/28/20 10:44 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The current covid-19 deaths in NY matches the all other causes deaths in NY, it will probably surpass that tomorrow...and that is a week or more after shutdowns...imagine where it would be if no one/nothing shut down?

Whats happening in NY is a prelude to what is going to happen all over the USA as this thing spreads......and it is going to spread no matter what precautions are taken. It will either spread very rapidly or very slowly or somewhere in between those two choices.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: amspoker] #6821146
03/28/20 10:48 PM
03/28/20 10:48 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Ok crazy.

Let's talk in two weeks.

Hopefully I’ve got time. Things sure are ramping up. I think if we could test for Covid-19 as fast as we can influenza with the availability of testing this virus wouldn’t have been a blimp on the radar and everyone would still be fighting about bounced NAFA checks.

If nothing else maybe this virus will open up conversation about multiple issues this country faces on a daily basis that the general public doesn’t bat an eye over.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821147
03/28/20 10:51 PM
Colesburg, Iowa 52035
M
MINK I LOVE Online content
trapper
MINK I LOVE  Online Content
trapper
M

Colesburg, Iowa 52035
On a Positive note. There is a very good amount of folks that have had it and recovering with no issues in Iowa. Stay Safe Everyone! wink

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821148
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Angela, I promise I am not as much of as antagonist as I come across on the internet. I’ve put in my time for the week and waiting for the storm with nothing better to do while practicing social isolation.

On a side note Tiger King has half my attention right now.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821156
03/28/20 10:55 PM
03/28/20 10:55 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
At least one hospital in NY is storing the dead from Covid in the back of a refer tractor trailer due to lack of other options. I suppose some on here are just saying that's "Normal"?

And remember, even NY is weeks out from the predicted peak. Most of the country a good month behind NY. (predicted).

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: warrior] #6821161
03/28/20 10:59 PM
03/28/20 10:59 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

I understand. I really do. It spreads easily, it kills a lot of people, and it's growing quickly. I get that. What I don't understand is the need to shut the country down for it. Yes, lots of people may die, but lots of people die from other stuff too. I don't mean to keep beating the horse that is the flu comparison, but 20,000 people minimum die from the flu, and that's a lot of people. If the concern with the coronavirus is that it might kill a lot of people, then that same concern should transfer over to other diseases that spread easily and unnecessary too. If shutting down is the appropriate thing to do to prevent coronavirus deaths, then why is not the appropriate thing to do to prevent flu deaths. If it's necessary to only allow essential travel to prevent coronavirus deaths, then why is it acceptable to allow non-essential travel at other times when we know without a doubt that it causes deaths both from disease spread and auto accidents? We're all destined to die from the moment we were conceived in the womb, none of us will escape it. Lots of people may die from the coronavirus, and maybe unnecessarily so due to people not doing the social distancing thing. But guess what.... they're going to die no matter what. I'm going to die. You're going to die. We're all going to die. Maybe from coronavirus, maybe from flu, maybe from a car crash, maybe from heart disease, maybe from cancer, maybe from old age. But it's inevitable, and not to be feared. It can't be escaped.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821179
03/28/20 11:15 PM
03/28/20 11:15 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
There is a vaccine for the flu---so that helps keep the number of deaths down. There is no vaccine for the new virus.
Again--for all you hard heads-or dumb (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) as some have said. The new virus spreads easier and faster than our normal flu.Also the normal flu is something we have had several times in our lives.

The old saying--Better to be safe than sorry--seems very appropriate at this time.
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821183
03/28/20 11:19 PM
03/28/20 11:19 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Bogmaster Tom,

To be empathetic towards the tender ones, and fore armed in protection, is a mighty thing. Putting faces to the suffering makes all the difference.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821184
03/28/20 11:20 PM
03/28/20 11:20 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
The flu vac is only 20% effective , prolly why so many deaths

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821186
03/28/20 11:24 PM
03/28/20 11:24 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The normal flues we get every year are not pandemic,because their rate of spread is fragmented by populations that have already been exposed and have acquired some level of immunity.
Covid 19 is a novel virus -brand new -never been around before- so it is pandemic.No barriers at all to its ability to spread unimpeded.
The next time it comes around it will be like the other flues that circulate-not pandemic.
But there will very likely be future viruses that are brand new and will be pandemic for their first circulation throughout the world.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821187
03/28/20 11:26 PM
03/28/20 11:26 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
I guess my wife and I have just been lucky with the flu the last few years.we haven't gotten the flu or had any negative results from the vaccine.
I also bet those that the got the corona virus,would have had at least a 20% chance of avoiding it.
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821188
03/28/20 11:27 PM
03/28/20 11:27 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Am I the only one who feels bad for the flu?
Its being cheated out of killing all of the people which this new bug is killing.
Someone try to convince me that this is not happening. This new bug may be doing it quicker since it spreads more easily, but the same people with the predispositions to be prone to dying from the flu are being killed by the new bug in town.
I know a lot of people who are prone to catastrophe if they should get the flu or this new bug, and I do not want to lose them to either one of them, but the reality is, you cannot win a stare down with death. He never blinks.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: AntiGov] #6821193
03/28/20 11:34 PM
03/28/20 11:34 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
[Linked Image]

That has had me thinking all along. Not to discount the COVID-19 situation and the unknowns there, but two acquaintances of my mom's died in the last two weeks, both from seasonal flu (both who had this year's flu shot). Is it that there are 400,000 to 730,000 hospitalizations to date this winter from influenza - but this particular Coronavirus is adding just enough hospitalizations on top of that to that to push the hospital bed requirements over the limits in some highly populated areas?

I am concerned about some of the unknowns with this virus, and data always consumes and fascinates me, but I am bothered by some of the news reporting emphasis on increased numbers when there is increased testing. The more testing done, the higher the numbers will go. I would expect every state to show rising numbers commensurate with its testing. Those numbers won't accurately reflect increased cases unless routine testing of the entire population is available. If such a situation were possible, then we would have the total population, a total of positive tests (both symptomatic and asymptomatic), a total of deaths (after eliminating other underlying causes) and some real numbers. If we could continue to repeat that testing, we would then know if the actual numbers of people infected is increasing or decreasing. That would be so valuable, but not likely to happen. At any rate, it is frustrating to hear how cases increase dramatically (right after testing increased dramatically). It would be nice to get some straight data without sensationalized numbers as headlines.

This is a strange situation, especially with the dichotomy between the less vulnerable (highly infectious, potentially asymptomatic young people) and the more vulnerable (older or at-risk due to underlying health issues). It is probably easier to change the behavior of people if they or their peers are getting sick.

Another thought - Widespread antibody testing would be a game-changer. We could begin to identify a growing immune population to support the rest and power the medical and the economic engine in increasing numbers. That would be sweet.

Just thinking out loud. I hope you all stay healthy.

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821204
03/28/20 11:57 PM
03/28/20 11:57 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
# of infected people is a misleading stat. # of deaths attributed to kung flu is a better stat to follow although it can also be somewhat misleading......but not as much as # of infected.

This is like a shtf video.....come to life.....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821209
03/29/20 12:04 AM
03/29/20 12:04 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I read where there is a shortage of antiviral medication for the amount of people being infected with coronavirus.
What most people dont know is that there are lots of antiviral decoctions that can be brewed from common plant medicinals in the bush.
I have been taking mine every night now for about 10 days and will continue for the next few weeks until this pandemic is passed.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Taximan] #6821219
03/29/20 12:19 AM
03/29/20 12:19 AM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
Originally Posted by Taximan

Haven’t seen this number anywhere.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: wallfur] #6821220
03/29/20 12:21 AM
03/29/20 12:21 AM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
Originally Posted by wallfur
why are we even comparing this to other deaths its not even relevant to stopping this virus! 64 abortions preformed per day in this country but the flu and auto accidents cause more deaths so that makes it ok? your trying to compare apples to oranges here....I have never been a doomsdayer or the sky is falling but this virus has got my attention ...it has bigger potential than the last virus out of china had...it time to help stop this worldwide virus. and china needs to shut down there wet markets and held accountable or this will continue year after year with greater consequences!

About 3000 abortions each day in the US.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6821237
03/29/20 12:48 AM
03/29/20 12:48 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.

The old saying--Better to be safe than sorry--seems very appropriate at this time.
Tom

I disagree. The economic cost of being "safe" will make us all, "sorry"!
You still have an income, Tom? No financial worries for you?
mt

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821241
03/29/20 12:52 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
The corona virus is not what is really killing all these people. It is being unhealthy that is killing them. Being unhealthy ussualy increases your chance of death. If i was unhealthy, i would isolate myself to increase my chance of survivaj and stop relying on the behavior of others to increase your odds for survival.

Last edited by Dirt; 03/29/20 12:55 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821243
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The economic tsunami is headed to shore.....POTUS thinks he can hold it off but I do not think that will happen. Prepare for hardship......I think that the spoiled young folks are in for a bit of a surprise.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Marty] #6821245
03/29/20 12:57 AM
03/29/20 12:57 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Marty
The economic tsunami is headed to shore.....POTUS thinks he can hold it off but I do not think that will happen. Prepare for hardship......I think that the spoiled young folks are in for a bit of a surprise.

I think you're right.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Dirt] #6821249
03/29/20 12:59 AM
03/29/20 12:59 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Originally Posted by Dirt
The corona virus is not what is really killing all these people. It is being unhealthy that is killing them. Being unhealthy ussualy increases your chance of death. If i was unhealthy, i would isolate myself to increase my chance of survivaj and stop relying on the behavior of others to increase your odds for survival.

Pretty well summed it up, dirt!
mt

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bigbrownie] #6821254
03/29/20 01:07 AM
03/29/20 01:07 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
Originally Posted by Taximan

Haven’t seen this number anywhere.

Neither have I but it's being reported fifty doctors have died from the virus or complications thereof in Italy. This could turn into a real nightmare fast.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bigbrownie] #6821258
03/29/20 01:12 AM
03/29/20 01:12 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
To all of you who think this is not a big deal==> visit Hobby Lobby.
You think they close their doors on a whim?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821265
03/29/20 01:30 AM
03/29/20 01:30 AM
Nebraska
Poorcoon Offline
trapper
Poorcoon  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Visit the latest covid-19 projections-IHME.. 81,000 projected dead, not many more than a bad flu year. ....this is obviously on top of the flu.......and assuming projections are correct

"Nothing I like to do pays well." True Grit

"Revenge is in the hands of God, not mine." Revenant.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821271
03/29/20 01:53 AM
03/29/20 01:53 AM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Martentrapper--with the shutdown ,the shows I was scheduled to do have been canceled.With it was much needed income.So yes I have economic worries,
But if I ended up dead--added income would do me little good.
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Marty] #6821285
03/29/20 02:58 AM
03/29/20 02:58 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Marty

I'm not going to make wild speculations about the origin of this virus... But natural or contrived, the situation is being exploited to further an agenda.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821295
03/29/20 03:45 AM
03/29/20 03:45 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
This things gonna be a disaster, sickness and economics. There are the die hard trump supporters and conspiracy theorists, but its real and gonna be bad. There have been more reasonable and realistic posts on this thread than most. Take it seriously, its just getting started. Whether u wanna believe it gets people sick or kills people or whatever, its going to bust a lot of small business owners nationwide and those who work for them. My wife works for a large hospital in a non emergency department and shes laid off in 2 weeks, no pay, for an undetermined amount of time. She makes more than i do. So we will have to tighten things up for i dont know how long. We have a good savings, which id like to not touch but it may happen. Yet there are the idiots who just repeat how this isnt a big deal its fake news ect. They need slapped. Hard

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821301
03/29/20 04:23 AM
03/29/20 04:23 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Not to downplay the deaths from this Chinese Flu, but I cant remember gut shooting our economy during the 2009 Swine Flu when 18,000 Americans died. Including 1,600 children.

My guess is this tragedy will coincide with a push by the deep state globalist to take down the US with the help of their fake media.

This is a bad flue that will hit the elderly hard this first year, but should be under control soon.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821308
03/29/20 05:16 AM
03/29/20 05:16 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Its spring time in KS. Getting to the end of Flu season.

For the last year we have all been making money. Anybody who wanted to work and was healthy enough to do it, was working.

Thats over. I am worried we're on the edge of another depression. The last one started all the socialism we have now. Really pushed forward the idea of fiat currency. I expect now there will be no currency. Just computer money. The end of any anonymity any body had.

It has been at least a decade since I have watched TV. I don't like being told what to think about stuff. Like this virus.

What I think is, that the idea of individual rights is out the window. People are accepting that politicians can issue proclamations and the chattel must obey. That acceptance comes from one source. A tv set.

If your health is compromised by age, asthma, cancer, COPD, weak immune system or anything else, you should be limiting exposure in every flu season.

I think the world has gone mad

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821311
03/29/20 05:24 AM
03/29/20 05:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
P.S. We are up to SEVEN deaths per million in the U.S.

One person dies every 37 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease. About 647,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that's 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease costs the United States about $219 billion each year from 2014 to 2015.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821318
03/29/20 05:42 AM
03/29/20 05:42 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
In 1918 the flu killed 5% of the U.S. population. 5% of the U.S. population today would be 16.4 million. This flu hasn't even hit ten thousand yet

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821327
03/29/20 06:11 AM
03/29/20 06:11 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Its spring time in KS. Getting to the end of Flu season.

For the last year we have all been making money. Anybody who wanted to work and was healthy enough to do it, was working.

Thats over. I am worried we're on the edge of another depression. The last one started all the socialism we have now. Really pushed forward the idea of fiat currency. I expect now there will be no currency. Just computer money. The end of any anonymity any body had.

It has been at least a decade since I have watched TV. I don't like being told what to think about stuff. Like this virus.

What I think is, that the idea of individual rights is out the window. People are accepting that politicians can issue proclamations and the chattel must obey. That acceptance comes from one source. A tv set.

If your health is compromised by age, asthma, cancer, COPD, weak immune system or anything else, you should be limiting exposure in every flu season.

I think the world has gone mad

Corona: from Latin, crown.

Once more, subjects of the crown. Ironic huh?

And that bit about individual rights going out the window is dead on. I've seen the conversations on Facebook. The sheep are bleating for the government to step in and crack down... And they're willing to tattle on anyone who doesn't play along.

It's disgusting.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821334
03/29/20 06:22 AM
03/29/20 06:22 AM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Less than 1 per million have been jailed for breaking quarantine I'd wager.

You don't wait till things are bad to take PREVENTATIVE action.

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821341
03/29/20 06:34 AM
03/29/20 06:34 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
The excuse of every tyrant in history.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821344
03/29/20 06:38 AM
03/29/20 06:38 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
run turkey lurkey run. the sky is falling said henny penny

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821346
03/29/20 06:41 AM
03/29/20 06:41 AM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Just because you can't comprehend something, it doesn't make you right.

Last edited by amspoker; 03/29/20 07:24 AM.

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821350
03/29/20 06:52 AM
03/29/20 06:52 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I can see just fine. I'm not on facebook and don't watch TV. Makes me a little harder to brainwash

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821351
03/29/20 06:58 AM
03/29/20 06:58 AM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Have a good day Danny.

I'm going to go start mine. smile

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821369
03/29/20 07:25 AM
03/29/20 07:25 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Folks seem to think that since some of us aren't gung ho about tossing out liberties that we're stupid, selfish, or "can't comprehend what's going on."

I'm an electrician. An "essential employee" Right now I'm working in a medical facility.

I've taken stock of the risks... My wife had surgery in late February. A few weeks ago she started hemhorraging and almost bled to death before I could get her to the hospital. She had emergency surgery and is now home with some pretty serious stitches holding her together... Not a good candidate for anything with Corona symptoms. Especially the cough.

I have an 8 month old granddaughter that means the world to me.

My folks are old enough to be in the higher risk category.

I don't go out unless I have to. I don't congregate. I don't interact. But that's because I know that's the responsible way to behave.

But if you think I'm going to crap on the Constitution on the off chance it'll make me feel safer, you're dead wrong. What if we enact all this mandatory garbage and my family members die anyway?

And the standard naive BS response is, "It's just temporary measures."

Until they're permanently temporary. Government rarely gives up any power they pick up. And y'all are willing to hand them the reins with thunderous applause. I'm sure Pelosi, Schumer, and the rest of their ilk are wetting their pants right now. And the folks on here who talk the biggest smack about FDR are the ones screaming for more government control right now.

You better take a long hard look at what you're asking for... There's hundreds of thousands of white markers standing over the graves of people who fought for the freedom you're willing to kick to the curb.

Social distance all you want. But shut off the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) TV and act like an American when it counts.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821378
03/29/20 07:34 AM
03/29/20 07:34 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Well said, Mike. Thank you.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6821448
03/29/20 08:51 AM
03/29/20 08:51 AM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
There is a vaccine for the flu---so that helps keep the number of deaths down. There is no vaccine for the new virus.
Again--for all you hard heads-or dumb (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) as some have said. The new virus spreads easier and faster than our normal flu.Also the normal flu is something we have had several times in our lives.

Tom

This could very well be the end of the world - I agree with a Vikings fan.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821456
03/29/20 09:00 AM
03/29/20 09:00 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
This has nothing to do with "being and American" or giving up our Freedoms (nice try) . This has to do with doing what's right for our fellow man so they don't die with the feeling of an elephant standing on their chest. It's pretty simple and it's called being "selfless".

It's real clear here who believes money has more value than human life. And most of you are old enough you should have banked enough to get you through this smiling. If not maybe check out Dave Ramsey (Christian based money guy) when this blows over.

Here's a couple for you that seem to have things out of order.

"Keep your life free from the love of money and be content with what you have." Hebrews 13.5

"whomever loves money will never have enough".

" whomever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income....Which is MEANINGLESS".

What's in your wallet? Pfffft.

The insane are running the asylum.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821495
03/29/20 09:38 AM
03/29/20 09:38 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
wow... this is getting good.

I love those saying how this is a joke, the death rates are so low, more people die of heart attacks, how about more people simply die !!

Where is the .1 or 1.0 % number coming from that I see on occasion ??

Asking because I'm coming up with 18 % death rate, and here's how i'm getting that number - as of this posting time:

CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome: 178,535

Recovered / Discharged: 146,396 (82%)

Deaths: 32,139 (18%)

Now, this is important - I only go by closed cases, because total cases do not have an outcome yet.

Also this is world wide, and there is no sign of this leveling off anytime soon, not days, not weeks, possibly/probably not even months.....

My own opinion: The regular flu, and all these other past pandemics, I view/viewed as a joke.
Nobody I know/knew has ever died of the flu.

We don't even bother getting vaccinated against it, because it you are healthy the regular flu ain't a concern.

As for heart disease, how many healthy people succumb to that vs. un-healthy ??

This Coronas virus is different, it does not discriminate, and it sounds like - in China anyway, it comes back once you think it's gone.

I already personally know of one healthy 44 year old male in NYC [Brooklyn] who is most likely going to be another fatality.

My mother, she likes to bring up how would America endure 5 years of hard starvation, like she seen growing up as a child in a part of Germany that today is in Poland during WW II
The older folks - especially from overseas - they know and understand suffering.... because they have lived through it.

We have a couple of cases on the assembly line, one jerk actually came to work and was sent home, believe me when I say he will suffer greatly for that, he will be treated 1000x worse than a scab and will have to watch his back 24/7 from here on in, and it would not surprise me if he is severely beaten at some point in time, because this is being taken very serious here in CT.

I tried to unsuccessfully organize a walk out right after fining out about this incident, oh by the way he said "I hope you all get it" while being forceably removed - but I was the only one who walked out.
*Then, like magic - a policy appeared - what a surprise !! where we can take two weeks off, so I now got two weeks off.

Hopefully when I come back, it's off the assembly line and on my new tow motor job which I just landed.

Oh yeah, back on track.... I feel that the U.S. is two months behind what is in Europe, this is just from watching the numbers.
I also feel that we are not even getting hit that hard yet, I think that will be more like June... since most Americans still view this as a joke.

No problem here - my gates are padlocked shut, ain't nobody paying me a visit anytime soon.... nor am I going anywhere except to help out my folks.

*I'll be back here on T-Man in 5 months, we'll see how things are then.............

Over and Out.... 73s

Last edited by Big George W; 03/29/20 09:47 AM. Reason: forgot a sentence at the end

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821509
03/29/20 09:51 AM
03/29/20 09:51 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
It is fine that the rest of us our sacrificing our personal economics, however I am noticing a lack of protecctive behavior on the part of seniors here in AZ. I understand, some senoirs don't care, but the rest of us are sacrificing to save them and it would appear that they are not doing their part. If the planet was going out of it's way to save me, the least I could do is play along and attempt to live. mad

Who is John Galt?
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Big George W] #6821529
03/29/20 10:07 AM
03/29/20 10:07 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Big George W

I love those saying how this is a joke, the death rates are so low, more people die of heart attacks, how about more people simply die !!

Asking because I'm coming up with 18 % death rate, and here's how i'm getting that number - as of this posting time:

CLOSED CASES

Now, this is important - I only go by closed cases, because total cases do not have an outcome yet.

Also this is world wide, and there is no sign of this leveling off anytime soon, not days, not weeks, possibly/probably not even months.....

My own opinion: The regular flu, and all these other past pandemics, I view/viewed as a joke.

We don't even bother getting vaccinated against it, because it you are healthy the regular flu ain't a concern.

This Coronas virus is different, it does not discriminate, and it sounds like - in China anyway, it comes back once you think it's gone.

I already personally know of one healthy 44 year old male in NYC [Brooklyn] who is most likely going to be another fatality.

My mother, she likes to bring up how would America endure 5 years of hard starvation, like she seen growing up as a child in a part of Germany that today is in Poland during WW II
The older folks - especially from overseas - they know and understand suffering.... because they have lived through it.

We have a couple of cases on the assembly line, one jerk actually came to work and was sent home, believe me when I say he will suffer greatly for that, he will be treated 1000x worse than a scab and will have to watch his back 24/7 from here on in, and it would not surprise me if he is severely beaten at some point in time, because this is being taken very serious here in CT.

I tried to unsuccessfully organize a walk out right after fining out about this incident, oh by the way he said "I hope you all get it" while being forceably removed - but I was the only one who walked out.
*Then, like magic - a policy appeared - what a surprise !! where we can take two weeks off, so I now got two weeks off.

Hopefully when I come back, it's off the assembly line and on my new tow motor job which I just landed.

Oh yeah, back on track.... I feel that the U.S. is two months behind what is in Europe, this is just from watching the numbers.
I also feel that we are not even getting hit that hard yet, I think that will be more like June... since most Americans still view this as a joke.

No problem here - my gates are padlocked shut, ain't nobody paying me a visit anytime soon.... nor am I going anywhere except to help out my folks.

*I'll be back here on T-Man in 5 months, we'll see how things are then.............

Over and Out.... 73s

After reading your post, I do not believe you will have any trouble with the visitor thing.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821539
03/29/20 10:22 AM
03/29/20 10:22 AM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
It’s here. It’s real. And we have to deal with it. NYC has a phenomenal number of cases. Everybody with a cough and slight fever is jamming a local ER, putting more pressure on the medical staff there to treat everyone. I watched and listened to an ER doc saying they were getting slammed. She said even car crash victims who were CT scanned had asymptomatic signs of having the virus. NYC has >25,000 cases from what I’ve read. That’s about 1/4 of the cases in the US. And yes, without enough respirators and ventilators, thousands could die.

One thing I did see that sparked hope was that c-paps can be used as ventilators.

Free, honest, speech is what this country needs and respects. Unfortunately we have too many talking heads who don’t understand the severity, saying 25,000 cases in one city doesn’t mean there is a need for a huge amount of medical equipment. Or that a rapidly moving virus can be thwarted by just sending people back to work. Congregation of people leads to the spread of this disease. I think we can all imagine what the floor of the New York stock exchange, or any factory with people in groups who are working to make anything is going to do when co-workers start coughing due to their asymptomatic conditions going active.

I can envision truck drivers who don’t spend time around people going back to work. But any job which requires you to not socially distance, e.g. by time clocks, locker rooms or lunch rooms, are not going to work very long before the next major spike in covid cases.

Never too old to learn
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821553
03/29/20 10:41 AM
03/29/20 10:41 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
The FED is expected to grow it's balance sheet by over 4 trillion dollars minnimum. That is more than they did in 2008 and it will be far more than 4t when it's over.

We are going to sacrifice our children's future

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821566
03/29/20 10:49 AM
03/29/20 10:49 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Calvin, you do kmow that recessions lower life expectancy and if we go into a depression it will be far worse than this disease

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821586
03/29/20 11:06 AM
03/29/20 11:06 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
I can see just fine. I'm not on facebook and don't watch TV. Makes me a little harder to brainwash

I suffer from the same problem!!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: trapdog1] #6821594
03/29/20 11:09 AM
03/29/20 11:09 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by trapdog1

X2

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Calvin] #6821807
03/29/20 01:58 PM
03/29/20 01:58 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Calvin
This has nothing to do with "being and American" or giving up our Freedoms (nice try) . This has to do with doing what's right for our fellow man so they don't die with the feeling of an elephant standing on their chest. It's pretty simple and it's called being "selfless".

It's real clear here who believes money has more value than human life. And most of you are old enough you should have banked enough to get you through this smiling. If not maybe check out Dave Ramsey (Christian based money guy) when this blows over.

Here's a couple for you that seem to have things out of order.

"Keep your life free from the love of money and be content with what you have." Hebrews 13.5

"whomever loves money will never have enough".

" whomever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income....Which is MEANINGLESS".

What's in your wallet? Pfffft.

The insane are running the asylum.

House and vehicles are paid off... Tidy nest egg to get me by for quite a while... I am actually prepared for this if I end up having to stay home from work.

So nice try. I don't remember mentioning anything about money in my post.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821810
03/29/20 02:00 PM
03/29/20 02:00 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Italy is up to 178 dead per million. U.S. is still at 7. At 200 dead per million Italy will have lost .002% of its population to the virus

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Big George W] #6821820
03/29/20 02:12 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Big George W

CLOSED CASES

Over and Out.... 73s

Reported cases vs deaths.

How many unreported cases were there?

When you jack around with stats you can present them in any light you wish. We see it all the time with "gun violence" statistics... The number of times a gun is used to stop or prevent a crime are never included. We get the worst case scenario instead of an overall view of the numbers as a whole.

Think it's an apples/oranges comparison? Add in the probable number of people who had this, suffered a few days thinking it was flu and moved on, then see what happens to your fatality stats.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: GROUSEWIT] #6821821
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Originally Posted by trapdog1

X2

X3. One thing that should raise eyebrows is weed shops open, gun shops closed.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821823
03/29/20 02:19 PM
03/29/20 02:19 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Google average daily deaths in new york city along with yearly deaths and then tell me why another 750 in the last week had them overwhelmed.

Something doesn't add up.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821828
03/29/20 02:21 PM
03/29/20 02:21 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Not really,medical marijuana is a real asset to many--especially cancer patients.
If you have never experienced loved ones with cancer,you wouldn't have posted your last post.
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821831
03/29/20 02:23 PM
03/29/20 02:23 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Who, me ?
Ohh, I see who you were talking to now.

Last edited by hippie; 03/29/20 02:26 PM.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6821841
03/29/20 02:32 PM
03/29/20 02:32 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Not really,medical marijuana is a real asset to many--especially cancer patients.
If you have never experienced loved ones with cancer,you wouldn't have posted your last post.
Tom

If you've never experienced loved ones without a gun or ammo during a squirrely time, you wouldn't have posted your last post lol. My post did not say close the weed shops, even though most are just stoners. The point I was making is a loss of freedom when they deem gun shops non-essential. If you can have people shopping for weed, you can have people shopping for guns and ammo.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821865
03/29/20 02:49 PM
03/29/20 02:49 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Give me a break.All my loved ones are well supplied with more than enough guns and ammo to get through squirrely times
I have also gone through cancer twice with my wife.
Her first bout resulted in such reactions to chemo therapy,she was bed ridden from it.She said to me afterwards,if I ever get cancer again--please find some marijuana for me to take.This is from a woman that has not even smoked one cigarette in her life--let alone ,one made of marijuana.Luckily her bout with breast cancer was cured with radiation and she didn't have to go through chemo this time.
Friday one of my son-in laws was diagnosed with cancer-- testing this coming week will determine his treatment regimen.
On that same day my cousin had colon cancer surgery at Mayo.
So I am a little touchy on this subject. I guarantee you ,we are well supplied with armaments for everything but fighting cancer.
That may be why I am reacting to your post ,as I am.
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821873
03/29/20 02:57 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
I have stopped watching the news stations. So much misinformation it is sad. Meant to panic people rather then educate and inform. Like I have said previously in other threads. My wife and I are at ground zero. My wife treats people with symptoms. I protect people from getting it. One thing I have noticed a lot of people have never had to sacrifice. Never!!! And now those days are upon them. And maybe for sometime. Hoarding. Bickering, me first attitude. Now you have young nurses protesting in NY because they are at risk. They should ask a WWII era generation about real risk and sacrifice. Stay healthy. I pray this will be over soon. So we all can enjoy life as we know it.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: 330-Trapper] #6821874
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Tom

Exactly

My thoughts also.

Jarhead

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821876
03/29/20 02:58 PM
03/29/20 02:58 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Italy is up to 178 dead per million. U.S. is still at 7. At 200 dead per million Italy will have lost .002% of its population to the virus

Are you stimulating the economy Danny? Maybe booking a trip to the big apple or a trip to marti gra? Licking handrails or door knobs? Going to Seattle for a while? I still bet you have not left your little house in KS. If you or a loved one were one of the 200 per million I am certain you would dial back your insane comments. Flu and traffic accidents kill alloy of people but why would you ignore the added deaths. More are getting it and yes dying from it. I sure hope it don't come knocking at your door if you as casual about it as you are saying you are, which I really doubt. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: stinkypete] #6821877
03/29/20 02:59 PM
03/29/20 02:59 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by stinkypete
I have stopped watching the news stations. So much misinformation it is sad. Meant to panic people rather then educate and inform. Like I have said previously in other threads. My wife and I are at ground zero. My wife treats people with symptoms. I protect people from getting it. One thing I have noticed a lot of people have never had to sacrifice. Never!!! And now those days are upon them. And maybe for sometime. Hoarding. Bickering, me first attitude. Now you have young nurses protesting in NY because they are at risk. They should ask a WWII era generation about real risk and sacrifice. Stay healthy. I pray this will be over soon. So we all can enjoy life as we know it.

X2 pete!

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821879
03/29/20 03:00 PM
03/29/20 03:00 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I've had the bona fide flu twice in my life and it kicked my butt both times. I worked in the masonry trade back when you would be considered a sissy for donning eye, ear or respiratory protection. I've sucked in wood dust at a mill I worked at and silica dust from working around potatoes. Toss in years of cigarette smoking and my lungs are shot. I doubt I'd survive an encounter with this.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821880
03/29/20 03:01 PM
03/29/20 03:01 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
I have always wondered what the heck have guns and ammo has to do with no food and medical supplies. What you going to do kill your neighbor so you can life another week, month etc... Honestly. I would rather die then live like an animal. That is how animals live.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821887
03/29/20 03:04 PM
03/29/20 03:04 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Whats insane about posting the truth? Those are not numbers I made up they are the numbers put forth by governments and made available by the media. Are you saying the numbers are wrong LL? That we are being lied to and many more are dying than what is being reported?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821889
03/29/20 03:05 PM
03/29/20 03:05 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
LOL--one thought here to consider--liquor stores are open for business. IMAGINE THAT.
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: stinkypete] #6821891
03/29/20 03:06 PM
03/29/20 03:06 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I have always wondered what the heck have guns and ammo has to do with no food and medical supplies. What you going to do kill your neighbor so you can life another week, month etc... Honestly. I would rather die then live like an animal. That is how animals live.

I agree with you to a degree but protecting ones family is a man's main objective. Not everyone out there plays by the same rules we do.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: LLtrapper] #6821894
03/29/20 03:07 PM
03/29/20 03:07 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by LLtrapper

Are you stimulating the economy Danny? Maybe booking a trip to the big apple or a trip to marti gra? Licking handrails or door knobs? Going to Seattle for a while? I still bet you have not left your little house in KS. If you or a loved one were one of the 200 per million I am certain you would dial back your insane comments. Flu and traffic accidents kill alloy of people but why would you ignore the added deaths. More are getting it and yes dying from it. I sure hope it don't come knocking at your door if you as casual about it as you are saying you are, which I really doubt. LLL

So we're going from questions that can't be answered to answers that can't be questioned? Is that where we are now?

If someone calls anything into doubt they are immediately villified and labeled as a "doorknob licker."

Wow. Great job. Stalin, Hitler, and Chairman Mao would approve. Marginalize anyone who questions the party dogma.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Posco] #6821899
03/29/20 03:10 PM
03/29/20 03:10 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Posco

I agree with you to a degree but protecting ones family is a man's main objective. Not everyone out there plays by the same rules we do.

Yep. Also, using a crisis to stop gun sales is not cool.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821902
03/29/20 03:12 PM
03/29/20 03:12 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I do not see a threat so large that we need to go into another depression over it. I fear economic collapse more than the Corona Virus. if 50,000 people were dying per million or 5% of the population we would be in the same shape our country was in 1918. So far that isnt the case. Its not even close. Still no reports of mass die offs among the homeless or incarcerated felons.

I dont believe people should take the threat lightly. Wash their hands etc. People in poor health should quarantine themselves. Shutting down schools and putting millions out of work? No way. A virus upswing is not a new occurrence.

I am more scared of the government heavy handedness

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821905
03/29/20 03:13 PM
03/29/20 03:13 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
They are closed to keep the drunks and the weed heads from shooting us.
You Think???
From the lighter side!!!!!
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6821906
03/29/20 03:15 PM
03/29/20 03:15 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
You Think???
Tom

Thanks Tom. A little humor is needed.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6821907
03/29/20 03:16 PM
03/29/20 03:16 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
You Think???
Tom

I'm not worried about the potheads, they've been self quarantined for years. As long as they have pizza rolls and sponge Bob, they'll be groovy. grin

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821911
03/29/20 03:19 PM
03/29/20 03:19 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Economic collapse and the virus are both rational concerns. The shockwave through the economy...scary.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821912
03/29/20 03:22 PM
03/29/20 03:22 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Don't you dare knock pizza roll consumption. It should be one of the main food groups. PIZZA ROLLS--for all.
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821914
03/29/20 03:24 PM
03/29/20 03:24 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Weed here in ks is still illegal. I doubt the people selling it here would shut down anyway.

I suspect booze and weed are still being called essential because states especially want the tax dollars.

Who cares if an evil arms dealer has to file bankruptcy.

I wish more people agreed with me that you shouldn't need to apply for, then purchase, permission to create a business. Even though if that were still the way we did things in this country the evil arms dealers could stay open.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821942
03/29/20 04:05 PM
03/29/20 04:05 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Mike...My money comment wasn't directed at you personally. Just and extended part of my rant (happens).

Nobody around me dying of a recession, Steven. And the money guy I watch (David Ramsey) simply says to quit freaking out about this. Good enough for me. And yes I do feel for those young folks who haven't had time to save much yet.

This virus also has different meaning for different people, obviously. I am surrounded here by old retired folk...In the midst of 3.4 million humans. I'm doing my part to not get them sick, best I can.

Do what ya'll feel right per your location but remember we are a long ways from peak numbers yet....even NY numbers are still going up and most of the country is several weeks behind them.

I agree with what Dr Fauci said today: We need more available testing to see what areas are hot and whats not. Made sense to me anyhow.

I sincerely hope all the nay sayers are correct ( I happened to like my old neighbors and my 80 year old father). But the reality of this and the percentage guys is this is the second inning of a baseball game that's likely going into overtime. "experts" are saying this could be and 18 month thing. Stay tuned.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Catch22] #6821944
03/29/20 04:08 PM
03/29/20 04:08 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Catch22
You Think???
Tom

I'm not worried about the potheads, they've been self quarantined for years. As long as they have pizza rolls and sponge Bob, they'll be groovy. grin

I'll have you know that I enjoy (OK, tolerate) both pizza rolls and SpongeBob... But I don't partake in the electric lettuce.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Calvin] #6821949
03/29/20 04:11 PM
03/29/20 04:11 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Calvin
Mike...My money comment wasn't directed at you personally. Just and extended part of my rant (happens).

Nobody around me dying of a recession, Steven. And the money guy I watch (David Ramsey) simply says to quit freaking out about this. Good enough for me. And yes I do feel for those young folks who haven't had time to save much yet.

This virus also has different meaning for different people, obviously. I am surrounded here by old retired folk...In the midst of 3.4 million humans. I'm doing my part to not get them sick, best I can.

Do what ya'll feel right per your location but remember we are a long ways from peak numbers yet....even NY numbers are still going up and most of the country is several weeks behind them.

I agree with what Dr Fauci said today: We need more available testing to see what areas are hot and whats not. Made sense to me anyhow.

I sincerely hope all the nay sayers are correct ( I happened to like my old neighbors and my 80 year old father). But the reality of this and the percentage guys is this is the second inning of a baseball game that's likely going into overtime. "experts" are saying this could be and 18 month thing. Stay tuned.

Understood. My apologies for replying with both barrels.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821971
03/29/20 04:32 PM
03/29/20 04:32 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Whats insane about posting the truth? Those are not numbers I made up they are the numbers put forth by governments and made available by the media. Are you saying the numbers are wrong LL? That we are being lied to and many more are dying than what is being reported?

I guess to start with is the death rate. As a nation it don't seem so bad. If you lived in a hotspot like NY or Seattle you would see the death rate and infection rate differently. In you home in KS it is not a big deal however if you live in a studio apartment in NY City I promise you that you would feel differently. Your car accident and other death rates are of little use other than a deflection from what we are really talking about here. Try to think of others and their outlook instead of your self centered thought. I get it. You live in a little town in KS far from an international airport or large metropolis but not all are as fortunate as you and I. I am not really concerned with getting it either but I would never down play it because it may or may not effect me personally. Seems like you are more concerned with what it may do to your 401 K than the human toll. Stinking Thinking in my humble opinion. LLL

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821985
03/29/20 04:45 PM
03/29/20 04:45 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
L.L., if you think its ok to risk destroying our country with so few getting sick, even in Italy, then we just are not going to agree. 8.6 million people in NYC and 3 days ago there were a little over 300 deaths. I didn't find today's number, but even if its 600 its a very small percentage of the population, especially as crowded as NYC is. People living on top each other, literally.

Still no mass die offs in prisons or among the homeless

If your ok with what is likely going to be another depression I don't know what to say. Millions out of work sucking on the government teat, politicians issuing royal decrees, and 7 out of a million are dead so far.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821992
03/29/20 04:56 PM
03/29/20 04:56 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Danny I agree to disagree. Stock market is still up significantly to when Trump took office. I believe it will come back rather quickly when we get this virus behind us. Lock down or not, death toll or not, as long as this virus is here the economy will not be going anywhere. Just think if everyone would just do as the CDC, WHO and scientists are saying to do and if China had done that from the start. We would not be even talking about this. Instead you have those who are afraid of their liberties (that came on the backs of other's sacrifices) being put aside for a couple weeks. That is what is insane to me. LLL

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821998
03/29/20 05:03 PM
03/29/20 05:03 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
27,000 people per square mile in New York city, pretty hard to stay away from others.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Rat Masterson] #6822012
03/29/20 05:15 PM
03/29/20 05:15 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
27,000 people per square mile in New York city, pretty hard to stay away from others.

And they choose to live there.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: LLtrapper] #6822024
03/29/20 05:24 PM
03/29/20 05:24 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Danny I agree to disagree. Stock market is still up significantly to when Trump took office. I believe it will come back rather quickly when we get this virus behind us. Lock down or not, death toll or not, as long as this virus is here the economy will not be going anywhere. Just think if everyone would just do as the CDC, WHO and scientists are saying to do and if China had done that from the start. We would not be even talking about this. Instead you have those who are afraid of their liberties (that came on the backs of other's sacrifices) being put aside for a couple weeks. That is what is insane to me. LLL

What worries me is "liberties being put aside for a couple weeks." Giving them up is easy. Getting them back may not be.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822033
03/29/20 05:30 PM
03/29/20 05:30 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
That's settled now. I think that went rather smoothly.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: LLtrapper] #6822062
03/29/20 05:46 PM
03/29/20 05:46 PM
Iowa
I
Iowagian Offline
trapper
Iowagian  Offline
trapper
I

Iowa

[Linked Image]
Is the the WHO you are referring to? And their expertise and directions we should be following ?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Iowagian] #6822066
03/29/20 05:48 PM
03/29/20 05:48 PM
Iowa
I
Iowagian Offline
trapper
Iowagian  Offline
trapper
I

Iowa
I believe Trump issued a travel ban from China on 1/31, could be off a little on that. Seemed early on the WHO was more concerned with kissing China's (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)

Last edited by Iowagian; 03/29/20 05:50 PM.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822075
03/29/20 05:51 PM
03/29/20 05:51 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I see Trump talking live on TV-sounds like he is struggling with his breathing.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Boco] #6822112
03/29/20 06:15 PM
03/29/20 06:15 PM
Iowa
I
Iowagian Offline
trapper
Iowagian  Offline
trapper
I

Iowa
You watching CNN? No problems on the channel I'm watching

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822148
03/29/20 06:33 PM
03/29/20 06:33 PM
Southern Wisconsin
F
Fishdog One Offline
trapper
Fishdog One  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Wisconsin
I had the worldometer for CO19 in front of me this morning doing some math with google telling me population estimates, I wanted to see death rates per states, US and world. Do your own math, it is not that hard, divide deaths into population. World is not bad, US as a whole is not that bad, the state I live in, WI, is not that bad, 1 in 350,000 so far I think. But when you look at state of NY, 1 in 22,000 I think it was, that is awful. The scary part are the graphs, almost flat to the beginning of March, going to the upper limits now.

Born twice, die once
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Fishdog One] #6822162
03/29/20 06:46 PM
03/29/20 06:46 PM
Iowa
I
Iowagian Offline
trapper
Iowagian  Offline
trapper
I

Iowa
More people being tested

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822186
03/29/20 07:04 PM
03/29/20 07:04 PM
ontario canada
taser Offline
trapper
taser  Offline
trapper

ontario canada
how much money do the states with the most cases get?

honesty question

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: taser] #6822198
03/29/20 07:13 PM
03/29/20 07:13 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by taser
how much money do the states with the most cases get?

honesty question

The most!!!

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822218
03/29/20 07:27 PM
03/29/20 07:27 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I don't want to read through the whole thread, but I would sure like this answered: WHO IS FREAKING IN CHARGE IN THIS COUNTRY!

Doesn't look like anybody in particular.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822222
03/29/20 07:31 PM
03/29/20 07:31 PM
ontario canada
taser Offline
trapper
taser  Offline
trapper

ontario canada
^^^^^^ maybe you should read a little more and then maybe you would know

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822283
03/29/20 08:22 PM
03/29/20 08:22 PM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
This evening Montana has 161 confirmed cases of covid 19 and now 2 deaths and the controlled distance suggestion is in effect until the end of April.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822322
03/29/20 08:44 PM
03/29/20 08:44 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
How they coming up with the number infected? Is that the number of people who have tested positive or the number of people with the correct symptoms? If its the number of people who have tested positive I am sure the number is much higher as not everyone gets tested. If its the number of people with the symptoms, its still not accurate as some of them almost certainly just have a bad cold or some other flu.

2 deaths by chinese flu is likely accurate. The percentage of a population dying is probably the best way to track how fast the number of infected people is growing. It is also a good barometer of the danger.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822339
03/29/20 08:52 PM
03/29/20 08:52 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Like it or not your state beat our state to it Danny..... https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ers-residents-to-stay-home-to-curb-virus

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822342
03/29/20 08:55 PM
03/29/20 08:55 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

yes been quite a lot of corona show up in the kansas city area. slowly spreading to other areas.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822345
03/29/20 08:58 PM
03/29/20 08:58 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Not enough people taking it seriously maybe? LLL

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822351
03/29/20 09:03 PM
03/29/20 09:03 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
probably all going to swell up and die larry. its the end of the world, read revelation

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822354
03/29/20 09:05 PM
03/29/20 09:05 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Maybe people should have taken all that health advice seriously, instead they ate all that bacon, smoked all those cigarettes and didn't excercise. That may come back to haunt you? frown

Who is John Galt?
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822367
03/29/20 09:15 PM
03/29/20 09:15 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Lets say some on here are right and this whole thing is bs. That means that every government in the world is in on it and we all know they can't agree on anything but lets say they are in that case what are you going to do or can you do about it but go along for the ride. All the tough internet talk won't change a thing.Remember I don't agree with this but I think some of you do. If not then what are you talking about?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822380
03/29/20 09:25 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Oh I have read it. Here is one verse that fits a lot of non believers. Revelation 16:9 "They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him." I have a greater fear of God than I do any virus. Every knee will bow eventually. LLL

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822382
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
who said the whole thing is b.s.? people are sick and people are dying.

just not in huge numbers. no where is the death rate one percent of the population. or even close to one percent. if this thing was half as bad as they want us to believe you think all those homeless people would still be crapping in the gutters and living in tents one after the other on sidewalks or would they be incapacitated and dying? what about people in the penitentiary? you think they can social distance? congress asking if habeas corpus can be suspended, right to assemble tossed out the window, people put out of work. 2 trillion dollars added to the deficit, and less than 1 /100th of a percent dying. THAT IS THE BS

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822396
03/29/20 09:31 PM
03/29/20 09:31 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
And why are they doing all this? To try and stop a virus .So if you don't think these steps are needed what would you do?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822399
03/29/20 09:32 PM
03/29/20 09:32 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
who said the whole thing is b.s.? people are sick and people are dying.

just not in huge numbers. no where is the death rate one percent of the population. or even close to one percent. if this thing was half as bad as they want us to believe you think all those homeless people would still be crapping in the gutters and living in tents one after the other on sidewalks or would they be incapacitated and dying? what about people in the penitentiary? you think they can social distance? congress asking if habeas corpus can be suspended, right to assemble tossed out the window, people put out of work. 2 trillion dollars added to the deficit, and less than 1 /100th of a percent dying. THAT IS THE BS

Honestly if we just let it buck where do you think it would go? The experts are saying at least 2.2 million would die in the US alone. So since that is a small percentage of the overall population would that be ok? Just asking since car crashes and the flu kill a combined 40-60 thousand a year and you could add all the other things you have mentioned and it would still be ten times that amount? LLL

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822414
03/29/20 09:41 PM
03/29/20 09:41 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
You need to consider that the 'normal/average' person wants to believe that the governments can/will keep them safe from anything....so that is a huge % of the population that need to see the governments doing what they are doing in order to have confidence in those governments. If the government said 'well, people are going to die and the health care system will be overrun and we think it is best for that to happen'.....people (normal/average people) would really loose it...

So, thats why we have the situation we have...they speak of this peaking in june.....things stay closed down for that long and there is a high likelihood of a second depression/collapse of the world economy. Which could lead to a global government and global currency with cash outlawed. They are already talking about how cash is bad because it transmits kung flu...

A collapse of the global economy to save a few million lives may not be a great deal for the 7 billion+ survivors.

It seems that Italy's deaths slowed once the kung flu killed the most susceptible folks....50% of those were probably on deaths doorstep already.

So, its a bad situation if you either go about preventing it or leaving things as is.....I think Brazil is not taking any steps to isolate people. Brazil or some other S. American country.....we will see what happens there.

One thing for sure is that this is not going to end next week and everything goes back to as it was .....ain't gonna happen.

Meanwhile the wet markets in China are still operating and will produce yet another novel virus anytime soon....totally doing away with those markets is the most rational thing we can do and it is not being done, at all.....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822452
03/29/20 10:08 PM
03/29/20 10:08 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
This is an interesting point of view....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: rex123] #6822732
03/30/20 09:01 AM
03/30/20 09:01 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by rex123
And why are they doing all this? To try and stop a virus .So if you don't think these steps are needed what would you do?

This virus is real, people are gonna die.

We are going to print trillions of dollars out of thin air to combat a problem that started long before the virus came along, if the dollar is crashed in the process, the consequences will be worse.

It's a fine line and I don't envy the POTUS one bit.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822745
03/30/20 09:09 AM
03/30/20 09:09 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0...JQA5NduNV9LKtp1XFCGTOmKCF9XQ6y2UapcRZtwc

Long but good knowledge (with visual demonstrations). Naysayers/ Know it alls/ Conspiracy guys can just skip to the 26:40 mark.

Last edited by Calvin; 03/30/20 09:12 AM.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822753
03/30/20 09:17 AM
03/30/20 09:17 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Quack huh? Do you remember what the history books said about the great depression? Do you remember what they said about the war that followed? Don't think for a second it can't happen agaiin.

I've watched enough videos I know this virus is going to be devastating on a personal level.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822757
03/30/20 09:20 AM
03/30/20 09:20 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Death rates info

Danny's point.

For the people who are mad at the low risk population for giving it to the high risk population. I wonder how the high risk people got corona if they were social distancing?

Last edited by Dirt; 03/30/20 09:21 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822764
03/30/20 09:27 AM
03/30/20 09:27 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
22 people dead in Virginia.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822797
03/30/20 09:47 AM
03/30/20 09:47 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Even with all the social distancing, Faucci talking at least 100k up to 200k dead in the us. Now and infant died yesterday, but it was just supposed to take the old and weak and thr expendable right? Proposed that over 2 million would go if they just let it rude and didnt have any government interaction. Close your ears when trump reports as he wanted this all done by next weekend up until yesterday. He makes his own rules contrary to advice of doctors, at least he pushed opening everything up til end if april, but it still will not be done by then. Gotta get those cruise ships and planes back running he says. I get he understands economical ramifications and wants things going again, but why doesnt he us let the numerous doctors working on this make some calls. Maybe he can get into some more 4 year arguments with reporters at press conferences.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822814
03/30/20 09:59 AM
03/30/20 09:59 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
I will say trump did announce something positive and thats that the fda is approving this malaria treatment for covid. So if he had a hand in that, kudos because i think it wouldve been foolish not to try it since it shows promise.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822821
03/30/20 10:08 AM
03/30/20 10:08 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
200,000 is .06 of one percent of the U.S. population. How many are going to die if we go into another depression? If there is another global depression ( the last one was not limited to the U.S. it was world wide) what will be the end result?

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822854
03/30/20 10:28 AM
03/30/20 10:28 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
When you lived through so many end of days events it’s tough to take it all as “gospel” so to say, you take it one day at a time is all you can do. Lots of misinformation out there with lots of drama tossed in like the MSM is selling today. I just wonder what percentage of what we are hearing today is really true?

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822860
03/30/20 10:36 AM
03/30/20 10:36 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
What is the deal with the shortage of Personal Protective Equipment , with the Ambulance crews ? Last night, there was a call for a 35 year old Woman in Town with suspected COVID-19. Took over 20 minutes for the 1st ambulance crew to show up, and then they had to call dispatch to get more PPE. Don't they have their Ambulance fully stocked with that, when they go out on a call ??

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822881
03/30/20 10:47 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
200,000 is .06 of one percent of the U.S. population. How many are going to die if we go into another depression? If there is another global depression ( the last one was not limited to the U.S. it was world wide) what will be the end result?

That is the projected number AFTER the precautions and quarantines ect. Would the 2.2 million they project be more satisfying to you?? You dont think that America watching 2 million people dying and many million sick, hospitals completely overran way more so than now, there wouldn't be mass hysteria and financial disaster? Business as usual law enforcement (which i know u dont approve of) would be sick in high numbers and not at work, thousands of looters would destroy business across the country. Possibly another depression as you’re projecting now anyway? This could happen in either case, at least this way possibly 2 million people are alive and America is just sitting at home nervous, not out destroying itself. Its really as if you just arent happy that more havent died. Now that young people are dying and not just 60 and over, maybe youll get your wish!

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822882
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Relax the stock market is still higher than we had during the obummer years! No depression coming it will rebound quickly once we cantain this virus.....China stock market hasn't crashed and and wet markets are up and running ! I hope this virus has run it course before they send us a new virus to kill world economy and send it into upheaval again and there remain untouched. I for one will not buy anything made in China....China needs to answer questions on how they where able to contain this virus so quick with very little spread and it takes over the world in weeks.

Last edited by wallfur; 03/30/20 11:00 AM.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822885
03/30/20 10:51 AM
03/30/20 10:51 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

Like eminent domain, the Gov't advances something to "provide" for many, but screw over a few. This is what I see in danny's post, if that makes sense. There is a line there and nobody seems to want to talk about it. In fact, they want to shut that topic down. No one wants to get sick or have their kin get sick and I do take this virus seriously, but at what point will it come down to loosing 200k to this virus, or returning to August of 1929. I sure don't envy those in charge of this.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822895
03/30/20 11:00 AM
03/30/20 11:00 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
My whole point is this 200,000 number is AFTER theyre doing what people are saying is crossing the line. Take that number times 10 or more if no government involvement. This 200,000 keeps getting thrown around as being no big deal if thats all that dies its an acceptable number that we should let ride. Its not the number if things are left alone!!

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6822900
03/30/20 11:04 AM
03/30/20 11:04 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Lots of Doubting Thomases on here I see.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Steven 49er] #6822903
03/30/20 11:06 AM
03/30/20 11:06 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Quack huh? Do you remember what the history books said about the great depression? Do you remember what they said about the war that followed? Don't think for a second it can't happen agaiin.

I've watched enough videos I know this virus is going to be devastating on a personal level.

Easy Steven. I changed it just for you (but I didn't have you in mind when I wrote it).

I/m realizing stress will likely kill more than this covid deal.

Remember...don't worry about tomorrow as God is already there. Helps me at times, anyhow.

As stated, I sure wouldn't want to be in the Prez's position right now. No way to fix both a pandemic AND the economy at the same time. Yes, steps can be taken to mitigate both...but at best we have to deal with one at a time. Perception of whats more important is the only argument here....and both sides are just guessing at this point. Neither are worth locking up over, however.

Fleshing beaver, cutting wood and working bees is what I'll be doing until this blows over. And if I'm not suppose to live to see next trapping season, I realize that's not my call. I can only do my part not to take others with me.

Last edited by Calvin; 03/30/20 11:08 AM.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Boco] #6823085
03/30/20 01:30 PM
03/30/20 01:30 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Boco
Lots of Doubting Thomases on here I see.

A lot of people spazing out is what I see.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6823090
03/30/20 01:33 PM
03/30/20 01:33 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
This virus started in China 100 miles from the capital city of beijing.yet there is not death there!why?? Are they lieing about the numbers? Or was it planned virus? Do they have a vaccine for it?? Beijiy is a city of millions and not one death....hmmmmm

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: wallfur] #6823112
03/30/20 01:56 PM
03/30/20 01:56 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Originally Posted by wallfur
This virus started in China 100 miles from the capital city of beijing.yet there is not death there!why?? Are they lieing about the numbers? Or was it planned virus? Do they have a vaccine for it?? Beijiy is a city of millions and not one death....hmmmmm

The numbers are a lie as the UK said yesterday from there intellegence in China. There infected is probably in the million's and who knows how many dead. Video's coming out of China with body bags stacked along the streets.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6823132
03/30/20 02:20 PM
03/30/20 02:20 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I bet the Chinamen have a couple more even worse ones brewing ready to turn loose on the west.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6823134
03/30/20 02:21 PM
03/30/20 02:21 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
i fear your right Boco,how much ya heard about trade since??

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Boco] #6823172
03/30/20 03:09 PM
03/30/20 03:09 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Boco
I bet the Chinamen have a couple more even worse ones brewing ready to turn loose on the west.

Yep after Trump hammered them

This one is a trial run

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: amspoker] #6830794
04/05/20 09:05 AM
04/05/20 09:05 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Ok crazy.

Let's talk in two weeks.

Halfway there. Haven’t seen the mass die off yet. If I’m one of the 26 per million that die from it here in the United States I guess my time is up. In the last week we’ve had one die here. She was in her 90’s and tested negative with the original swab (the false negatives they are finding with the swab once compared with the blood antigen is quite high). Which once again means there’s probably a huge number of cases that aren’t being considered in the mortality rate. Another positive here in town had no fever, mild symptoms. Middle aged and doing fine at home with it.

I know it’s not supposed to “peak” for another couple weeks but I’ve been hearing “hold on next week” for the last four weeks. I still stand by what I said. This virus will kill people. The economic issues following it are going to kill a lot more.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6830812
04/05/20 09:15 AM
04/05/20 09:15 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Well now that we are not talking single and double digit numbers it appears the death rate per day is leveling off at 1000 to 1500 per day. Mostly New York where they have been in lockdown. How many days at the rate to equal 1 million deaths?

Who is John Galt?
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Dirt] #6830824
04/05/20 09:27 AM
04/05/20 09:27 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Dirt
Well now that we are not talking single and double digit numbers it appears the death rate per day is leveling off at 1000 to 1500 per day. Mostly New York where they have been in lockdown. How many days at the rate to equal 1 million deaths?

You mean years? That’s if it would stay sustained. It’s been interesting to see how the media will twist about any story on this subject. I’ve seen so much bad information it’s hard to internet anymore.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6830826
04/05/20 09:33 AM
04/05/20 09:33 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Not much comfort if you are in NY. LLL

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: LLtrapper] #6830878
04/05/20 10:04 AM
04/05/20 10:04 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska

The numbers don’t add up there either Larry. When you look at their usual number of deaths per day compared to the added on deaths from Coronavirus (which is a whole other topic) I think the media is fueling mass hysteria.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6830899
04/05/20 10:23 AM
04/05/20 10:23 AM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
[Linked Image]
And the CDC issued a statement to hospitals, that if you die from anything and have covid19 that is the cause of death on you're death certificate
Can't post the links, as I'm to dumb to figure it out on my phone

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: WadeRyan] #6830923
04/05/20 10:35 AM
04/05/20 10:35 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA

The numbers don’t add up there either Larry. When you look at their usual number of deaths per day compared to the added on deaths from Coronavirus (which is a whole other topic) I think the media is fueling mass hysteria.

Should we not be dividing the numbers of deaths into the number who have recovered since we do not know the outcome until you are dead or recovered? Just something to think on. A lot of those who have it will not die we assume. Some will most certainly. Lots of ways to bend numbers to get to where we want to go. I do believe it will be less than what they are saying. I pray that is the case. Meanwhile China has locked down again. I wonder why? LLL

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6830927
04/05/20 10:40 AM
04/05/20 10:40 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6830938
04/05/20 10:51 AM
04/05/20 10:51 AM
Minnesota
S
scotts Offline
trapper
scotts  Offline
trapper
S

Minnesota
Here are some links to the studies the news has been reporting on.

The 2.2 million deaths are from an Imperial College of London report (Report 9 dated 16 March 2020). This was one of the main reports used to craft the US response to C19. You can also find more recent, updated studies on this same page. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/covid-19/

This link is to a study done jointly by the Imperial College of London and others. I am including it in this post, because helps show how the medical community is still trying go get handle on C19 (apparent lower mortality rates than previously predicted, but still a lot of uncertainty if it will hold true for other strains/regions) I didn't look at the source report. I am sure you can find it with a google search: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200331/covid-19-death-rate-drops-still-deadly-to-seniors

This last link is to the reports typically cited by the White House: http://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Last edited by scotts; 04/05/20 10:53 AM.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6830942
04/05/20 10:54 AM
04/05/20 10:54 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
I agree Larry I can send those numbers about any direction you want. They’re pretty easy to manipulate. It’s like people are waiting for doomsday and so far that hasn’t happened. People are getting sick and they are dying. So far it appears the healthcare system is holding up quite well.

Healthcare workers are experiencing things they haven’t before. It’s changing every day. I hope when the smoke settles this at least opens the eyes of everyone to the everyday issues in healthcare that are generally overlooked by the public.

I still believe the worst fall out of this will be not the virus itself but the results following this shutdown. I’m already seeing it in the local healthcare system preparing/waiting for this wave of patients that just simply hasn’t showed up.

I guess I’ll check back in next week. If I’m not up to my elbows in work. I’m running out of vacation time (by choice).

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6830949
04/05/20 10:58 AM
04/05/20 10:58 AM
St. Croix County, Wisconsin
T
ToTheWoods Offline
trapper
ToTheWoods  Offline
trapper
T

St. Croix County, Wisconsin
I read an article that talked with a leading Oncologist in New York. He stated the travesty is that anyone with Covid-19 that passes is being listed as a Covid-19 related death. He stated that of the 200 cancer patients he has in New York City that 8 have contracted Covid-19 and passed. All list a Covid "related" deaths. All were terminal and he gave an example of a woman that came to him 9 weeks ago. He gave her 6 weeks to 3 months. She passed at last week. Called a Covid related death when she most definitely passed from cancer. He also stated that China may not have reported all their deaths but that the ones they did report were caused solely by Covid-19 hence the difference in reported deaths. Once again the left adding to mass hysteria. We will never know what the real number is here in the states

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread