No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
U.S. corona death rate increase #6820190
03/28/20 10:09 AM
03/28/20 10:09 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We were at 4 a couple days ago and now we are at 5 per million of the population.
Italy has increased to 151

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820192
03/28/20 10:11 AM
03/28/20 10:11 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Expected but over a thousand still is pretty low.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820195
03/28/20 10:13 AM
03/28/20 10:13 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yep, 1000 deaths per million would be 1/10th of one percent

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820204
03/28/20 10:23 AM
03/28/20 10:23 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Danny the people that do the math here. Have said we would be way higher numbers if they hadn't spread us all out. locked down things..
Something like 2200 infected instead of 842???
Math never been my strong suit can't get much past my ten fingers.. but it's easy to see numbers are highest where we're bunched up. Guess like parvo in the raccoons densest get hit worse. ..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820468
03/28/20 02:08 PM
03/28/20 02:08 PM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
its increasing. we are up to 6 deaths per million.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820471
03/28/20 02:11 PM
03/28/20 02:11 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The numbers are going to keep going up for a long time.

Keith

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820543
03/28/20 03:02 PM
03/28/20 03:02 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
around 1800 nationwide now according to Hopkins. 517 in NYC alone.
88000 annually from alcohol but that's legal so meh......and folks pull their wallets out and pay to die from it.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820591
03/28/20 03:28 PM
03/28/20 03:28 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
the situation isn't getting better it's getting worse so the number will only go up from here until things turn around and as of right now there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820592
03/28/20 03:29 PM
03/28/20 03:29 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Italy is over 10,000 deaths total.

It's first case was January 29th.

Italy went into a national lockdown roughly one month later, in March 10th.

2 months. From nothing to 10,000 deaths.

The thing that gets me is that South Korea, Japan and Germany are handling it so well.

Levi
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820599
03/28/20 03:35 PM
03/28/20 03:35 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
The death rate is likely much lower due to people who are asymptomatic, and also only lab-confirmed cases are being counted. There are people in my town presumed positive, but aren't counted as infected because it's not lab confirmed. The death rate is calculated as number of deaths/people infected. The top number is easy, everyone that dies from coronavirus is known. But the bottom number is unknown due to asymptomatic cases and mild cases and unconfirmed cases. The more cases we know about, the lower the deaths are as a percentage.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: amspoker] #6820605
03/28/20 03:41 PM
03/28/20 03:41 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by amspoker

The thing that gets me is that South Korea, Japan and Germany are handling it so well.

Their people might be little quicker to snap in line when government speaks??? Only got to have followed this group here on T-man to see how it was first talked about in this country..Just a joke to start with for few to many people, or government trying to control us..Still people thinking it's government trying to just control us no big deal..Those folks in them countries snap in line when their government says might be a problem need to do this or that.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820610
03/28/20 03:47 PM
03/28/20 03:47 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
I guess when the cv19 numbers reach the numbers below it will no longer be a crisis

Here are some numbers no one gives a crap about

[Linked Image]

Report a post club - Non member

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: loosegoose] #6820628
03/28/20 04:01 PM
03/28/20 04:01 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by loosegoose
The death rate is likely much lower due to people who are asymptomatic, and also only lab-confirmed cases are being counted. There are people in my town presumed positive, but aren't counted as infected because it's not lab confirmed. The death rate is calculated as number of deaths/people infected. The top number is easy, everyone that dies from coronavirus is known. But the bottom number is unknown due to asymptomatic cases and mild cases and unconfirmed cases. The more cases we know about, the lower the deaths are as a percentage.

Goose next time you see the numbers on the screen read it carefully. IT SAYS confirmed AND presumptive cases. I wish they would exclude terminal patients in the stats. 3 in ky where in final stages of cancer. In fact the first death was only given a week to live before he succumbed to the "virus "

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6820636
03/28/20 04:07 PM
03/28/20 04:07 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Goose next time you see the numbers on the screen read it carefully. IT SAYS confirmed AND presumptive cases. I wish they would exclude terminal patients in the stats. 3 in ky where in final stages of cancer. In fact the first death was only given a week to live before he succumbed to the "virus "

At least here in Nebraska, the presumptive cases aren't counted. There are three or four presumptive cases in my town, but they aren't included in the official count for the state. I'm in gage county, and the official count for gage county right now is still zero. In any case, the asymptomatic cases aren't being counted for sure.

covid19 cases in nebraska

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820642
03/28/20 04:11 PM
03/28/20 04:11 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
We better forget all the baloney about how many die from other things.
This is something we have never experienced before.It is faster spreading than the flu.Can you even imagine what the numbers would be if all the steps that have been taken--were not taken.
Forget all the pissing and moaning. Say your prayers for all the medical workers,say your prayers for all our soldiers and Law enforcement officers.
Do what you can to help stop the spread and quit comparing the virus to the other things that kill us.
Every death due to the virus--is a loss of one of our fellow countrymen.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820646
03/28/20 04:13 PM
03/28/20 04:13 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
crazy

Report a post club - Non member

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Macthediver] #6820653
03/28/20 04:17 PM
03/28/20 04:17 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Originally Posted by amspoker

Their people might be little quicker to snap in line when government speaks??? Only got to have followed this group here on T-man to see how it was first talked about in this country..Just a joke to start with for few to many people, or government trying to control us..Still people thinking it's government trying to just control us no big deal..Those folks in them countries snap in line when their government says might be a problem need to do this or that.

Mac

Actually South Korea and Singapore were much better prepared for this that we were. After the H1N1 virus a few years back those two countries learned the lessons and created test kits and procedures that our CDC ignored. We spent those dollars researching 'gun violence as a health risk'.

Mean As Nails
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820658
03/28/20 04:25 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Death rate from this will be way less than 1 percent, pretty much a flu only we want this one to be politicized and shut down the country over. Im more scared of how EASY it is to get citizens in this country whipped into a frenzy and then GLADLY give up all their rights at the drop of a hat so the gov. can 'save' them.

Dark days ahead in this country but not due to this particular virus.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820659
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Anti-Gov I've discussed that in depth on another site. Covid-19 is definitely going to kill people but there are a multitude of things that cause the deaths of many people in this country that get little attention. Danny as far as the mortality rate increasing I've also discussed in another place the numbers can be skewed for a number of different reasons. The only positive in our county is a "presumed positive" that wasn't even tested for Covid-19. The CDC has counted "presumed positives" along with confirmed cases since the start of this. How many of those cases counted are presumed positive and not actually tested? I challenge anyone to find that information.

Nebraska is no longer reporting "presumed positives" we are in the lower end of the spectrum for cases in the United States since they quit reporting presumed positives and are no longer tracking presumed positives. People are only being tested here if they are aged 1-65 healthcare workers which are symptomatic, over the age of 65 years old and in critical condition, and I believe they just came out with guidelines yesterday to test institutionalized patients with symptoms. If you're only being tested because you're in critical condition how can we use those numbers to come up with a mortality rate?

That being said we probably have a large number of people that don't meet the requirements for testing that are infected and are doing just fine at home with mild illness. Those people will never be included in the total cases of Covid-19 (or mortality rate) because we aren't testing them, and they don't meet the requirements to be tested in this state. I can tell you I've ran the 1800 number for our county for a number of nights over the last two weeks. We are fielding a lot of calls I would say on average 25 a day of people that have symptoms and travel that make them likely to have contracted Covid-19 that are being told to self quarantine for 14 days. These same people are being told to only come to the hospital if their symptoms worsen to the point they don't feel safe at home. So far we have not had that happen. These people that have fevers, horrible coughs, and generalized not feeling well are not included in the total cases or the mortality rate.

I'm not downplaying the fact that Covid-19 in the right setting, population, and person has the ability to kill people. What I am simply saying is there are a number of things that the general public has never paid attention to that will also kill you however, Covid has been sensationalized by the media. You look at Anti-Gov's numbers above that's from October of last year. Can you imagine if the media would have reported every case of influenza by state, by day, and then the deaths per day/per state? That would come out on the low end to 133 deaths per day every day to influenza for the last 5 months. So far in two month's time the first Covid-19 was in the United States January 20th we've averaged 33 deaths per day.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6820660
03/28/20 04:26 PM
03/28/20 04:26 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
I dislike the comparisons to flu and the pandemic of 1918 to covid-19. One is a reminder we couldn’t do much 100 years ago and the other kills relatively few. Covid-19 is here, now, and potentially kills many more than the flu.

This one started in ASIA but so what? They all start somewhere. It’s what you do with the knowledge that counts. When it first started local Wuhan government tried to discredit the doctor who was notifying his colleagues that he was seeing a strain of virus that had serious potential. Local officials had no knowledge of the extent because no testing had been done to show how nasty it could become.

Contrast this to our own leadership. Our president called it fake news put out by a political party to take him down. Our government also didn’t have test results but had to have known it was a matter of time (as short as it was) before it got here. Let’s face it, the Chinese didn’t know how serious it was. But we did.

All of this is water under the bridge. Most world leaders are leading their populations through some pretty tough times. The US now has some leadership ( Anthony Fauci for one, Mike Pence for another). Medical interventions, procedures and equipment are sometimes slow. The US has hot spots where treatment capabilities are overwhelmed. But the numbers will go down and we’ll get better at treating it. But it’s going to hurt for a while.

By the start of the next trapping season, a good many of us are going to have some great stories to tell around the camp fire. Some Tman members will no longer be with us. There will be plenty of time to point fingers, but in the end, it’s the lessons heeded that will make the difference. Until then, clean your trapping equipment and get ready for the 2020-2021 season. We’ve all got time. Might as well make good use of it.

Never too old to learn
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread