No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
They shut down our social distancing #6820666
03/28/20 04:32 PM
03/28/20 04:32 PM
Washington
L
Loup loup Offline OP
trapper
Loup loup  Offline OP
trapper
L

Washington
I took my two Grandsons (7 and11),to my old spring beaver, rattin area on Monday. This spot is on an extensive State owned wildlife area here in Eastern Wa. We saw nobody all week til a game warden pulled into camp Thursday afternoon. He informed me that all state lands and boat launchs were closed down and we had to leave. I told him this camp was the best place for us. He agreed but he had to kick us out. He said there is an uproar from particularly fishermen who cant even launch their boat to fish alone. I told him weve already looked at traps and I had too much to do (we were skinnin and cutting meat) to make the rounds again that day and break camp. He gave me til the following afternoon to be gone.
So long story short, Were at the boys parents now. I saved more meat and skulls then I normally do. So we will be puttin up fur and cleaning skulls. We will call this part of our now state mandated homeschool ciriculam. The oldest started his life birding list on this trip so he can make some lessons from that as well. In fact we are going to set the wall tent up in the yard for their classroom/ bedroom.
Good Luck.

Re: They shut down our social distancing [Re: Loup loup] #6820688
03/28/20 04:48 PM
03/28/20 04:48 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Loup Loup,
I posted on a Washington fishing and hunting forum site a couple of days ago how the fishing closure might be a good way to teach kids a mild form of civil disobedience.

Those guys chewed me out big time, they were saying things like "it's for the good of the people", "we must follow all rules established by the government", etc, etc..

These are the same guys who blabber about "you'll pry my gun from my cold dead hands"; yea, right.
I pointed out how submissive they will actually be when big brother actually does come around; they didn't like that, my post was taken down.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: They shut down our social distancing [Re: Loup loup] #6820711
03/28/20 05:14 PM
03/28/20 05:14 PM
Washington
L
Loup loup Offline OP
trapper
Loup loup  Offline OP
trapper
L

Washington
Waggler: I have heard some of this sheeple talk. I find it annoying at best, alarming at worst.
There is more to my story than I wrote about. In a nutshell, I don't want some things Grampa has to do posted on Internet.
If a guy likes privacy, Its a good time to be a trapper/ fisherman.

Re: They shut down our social distancing [Re: waggler] #6820764
03/28/20 05:58 PM
03/28/20 05:58 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I take your stance as well. I laugh at the cold dead hands crowd for the same reason.. 90% + of the loud macho
ones will roll over on their back tail between their legs and pee on themselves in line to comply

Sadly the same group still think sthe NRA wants to protect your gun rights. They seem to want to overlook the inconvenient record they have of compromise at best or supporting restrictions at their worst (1986). Most likely they just are a good representation of the population that cant think for themselves or do any of their own research. Opting instead to parrot the popular talking points.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread