No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. #6821212
03/29/20 12:08 AM
03/29/20 12:08 AM
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
trapper234 Offline OP
trapper
trapper234  Offline OP
trapper

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821235
03/29/20 12:45 AM
03/29/20 12:45 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Sobering.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821260
03/29/20 01:20 AM
03/29/20 01:20 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
While watching all the covid 19 posts on here the past few weeks, people have started realizing that its no laughing matter. I think its far from the worst and the next 2-3 months will put a hurtin on everything and everyone. I started off thinking the media was blowing it up, but i think the numbers are gonna shock people. There are always gonna be the guys who support Trump all the way simply because of political party. There is no denying he didnt think this would be a big deal and he seems to only put emphasis on economy, because thats what he knows. His tweets fox news had on today to the michigan governor were incoherent mumbling. Someone needs to end his twitter account. Im no liberal, and i think the die hard conservatives need to realize this could be the start, and only the start to something bad.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821267
03/29/20 01:36 AM
03/29/20 01:36 AM
Nebraska
Poorcoon Offline
trapper
Poorcoon  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Visit the latest covid 19 projection IHME. 81, 000 dead projected. Flu annual deaths run about 30,000-60,000..

"Nothing I like to do pays well." True Grit

"Revenge is in the hands of God, not mine." Revenant.
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821268
03/29/20 01:43 AM
03/29/20 01:43 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Thanks. smile

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Poorcoon] #6821269
03/29/20 01:44 AM
03/29/20 01:44 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by Poorcoon
Visit the latest covid 19 projection IHME. 81, 000 dead projected. Flu annual deaths run about 30,000-60,000..

Seems like there are a lot of people hoping that's right or even worse so they can get all excited and say "see I told you so!"

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821270
03/29/20 01:51 AM
03/29/20 01:51 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
If President Donald Trump was able to enact the travel bans he wanted to, when he first wanted to, there is a fair chance Covid-19 could have been stopped in the US.

His January 31st ban on travel from China was greeted by a tremendous amount of animosity by democrats, who called him xenophobic. He had tried to get support to enact the ban before that and most politicians were against it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tom-cotton-trump-china-travel-ban-coronavirus

He then wanted to ban travel from other infected countries and again ran into open hostility from the democrats and their media.

If the bans were implemented early enough, life would be mostly unchanged for most Americans. By hindering the travel bans, the democrats made America sick.

Keith

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: ~ADC~] #6821272
03/29/20 01:58 AM
03/29/20 01:58 AM
Nebraska
Poorcoon Offline
trapper
Poorcoon  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Seems like there are a lot of people hoping that's right or even worse so they can get all excited and say "see I told you so!"

No doubt about that. Maybe my perceptions messed up but if that is correct. Which nobody really knows for sure but if it's correct it just really doesn't seem that bad to me. But I'm sick and twisted. But I do feel bad for anybody that has lost loved ones and I don't wish that on anybody

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: KeithC] #6821273
03/29/20 01:59 AM
03/29/20 01:59 AM
Nebraska
Poorcoon Offline
trapper
Poorcoon  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by KeithC
If President Donald Trump was able to enact the travel bans he wanted to, when he first wanted to, there is a fair chance Covid-19 could have been stopped in the US.

His January 31st ban on travel from China was greeted by a tremendous amount of animosity by democrats, who called him xenophobic. He had tried to get support to enact the ban before that and most politicians were against it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tom-cotton-trump-china-travel-ban-coronavirus

He then wanted to ban travel from other infected countries and again ran into open hostility from the democrats and their media.

If the bans were implemented early enough, life would be mostly unchanged for most Americans. By hindering the travel bans, the democrats made America sick.

Keith

Definitely one possibility. Another possible scenario is that it has already been here for a long time.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821274
03/29/20 02:02 AM
03/29/20 02:02 AM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Yep, seems like drama runs this country. I watched the video and i’m not saying this isn’t serious for some people but it’s easy to see that Dr. is trying to hit it big on youtube. Must be tired of doing surgeries cause it looks like he spends most of his time on youtube. It’s gonna take some time to get medications in order and start figuring this out and even after that unfortunately there’s going to be deaths from it. All we can do is try to keep ourselves as healthy as possible and trust God!!

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821287
03/29/20 03:02 AM
03/29/20 03:02 AM
OBX N.C.
Leary Sink Offline
trapper
Leary Sink  Offline
trapper

OBX N.C.
When the news of this virus was being first talked about with the Dr. from China who died from it, while trying to warn the world, the only thing in most news reports was the overwhelming breathless joy of reporting President Trump’s impeachment hearings.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821290
03/29/20 03:20 AM
03/29/20 03:20 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Cotton said that as a result of Trump banning travel from China, the administration was able to stock drugs and medical equipment, work on vaccines and therapeutics, and “getting testing kits out to the front line.”

“This is just another example though of how the president is going to get criticized for whatever he does."

So this is a quote from “cotton”. What vaccines, what medical equipment, and what kits?? The tiny little state of SD was OUT of kits for about a week, yet trump was blasting out how “really very really good” hes done getting kits everywhere. Our Gov Noem, who i dont agree with on certain things, was video taped pleaing with him for kits. They werent there. There is no vaccine, but since Cotton is on fox news, right wingers take what he says as gold. Fox news is just cnn in reverse and those who worship it are no better than liberals who worship cnn. You hear doctors pleaing for ventilators because theyre out. Did anyone see trumps tweet to the michigan governor? I dont give a rats behind if shes a liberal, he sounded like an absolute moron. If he was so set on stopping this virus, why did he downplay it, saying the media was blowing it up? Someone who loves stirring the pot as a huge right winger on here earlier today through out a quote on how many die per day from heart disease. Guess what genious, heart disease is something that most people do to themselves. My dad was a 40 year smoker and he had the widowmaker at 59. His fault. The goverment has done quite a bit to say “smoking is bad”. He didnt care. Otherwise the diets of a LOT of americans are trash. Heart disease. Weird. So some 65 year old who is just 65 and thats their crime gets infected by someone and dies feom covid 19, thats called a victim. So what there are are a bunch of blue collar right wingers who think doctors are paid by the liberal media to spew fake news. Man there are some morons out there. What kills me is these “right wingers” who post their “liberal media” articles of law enforcement acts and somehow, those are gospel. I love trapping and im not even close to awesome at it, and i hold pretty conservative views. I like looking on here until there are some of the big talkers who try bully people. I think most people on here are very common sense oriented m. But man ive had to bite my tongue on certain things some of the forum “experts” think theyre educated on and all they do is talk out of their rear end when it comes to none trapping topics. And its all because they wanna bleed what they think is right wing. Theyre just reverse liberals.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: DWC] #6821298
03/29/20 03:57 AM
03/29/20 03:57 AM
trapper234 Offline OP
trapper
trapper234  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted by DWC
While watching all the covid 19 posts on here the past few weeks, people have started realizing that its no laughing matter. I think its far from the worst and the next 2-3 months will put a hurtin on everything and everyone. I started off thinking the media was blowing it up, but i think the numbers are gonna shock people. There are always gonna be the guys who support Trump all the way simply because of political party. There is no denying he didnt think this would be a big deal and he seems to only put emphasis on economy, because thats what he knows. His tweets fox news had on today to the michigan governor were incoherent mumbling. Someone needs to end his twitter account. Im no liberal, and i think the die hard conservatives need to realize this could be the start, and only the start to something bad.

X2

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821299
03/29/20 04:00 AM
03/29/20 04:00 AM
trapper234 Offline OP
trapper
trapper234  Offline OP
trapper

It appears many doctors are dead trying to treat people! This is real!

https://www.newsweek.com/more-50-doctors-italy-have-now-died-coronavirus-1494781

Last edited by trapper234; 03/29/20 04:01 AM.

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Poorcoon] #6821359
03/29/20 07:12 AM
03/29/20 07:12 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa

Problem with projections is that they can be changed to fit an agenda. See global warming.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: DWC] #6821498
03/29/20 09:40 AM
03/29/20 09:40 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by DWC

You ARE making this political. 100,000,000 testing kits for a virus previously unknown to man were NOT just sitting on a shelf. 1,000,000 ventilators were NOT already manufactured and waiting shipment, 1,000,000 hospital beds were NOT empty just waiting for a virus to fill them. What the President did or did not think about a BRAND NEW threat is not important. How fast the roll out of NEW test kits, ventilators, and treatments is the true measure of leadership. The Michigan gov. leads by blaming her shortfalls on Trump, she is in way over her head, as is the mayor of New Orleans. In troubled times, real leaders get after it, counterfeits point fingers and blame.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Poorcoon] #6821512
03/29/20 09:53 AM
03/29/20 09:53 AM
s.e. minnesota
H
Hornytoad1 Offline
trapper
Hornytoad1  Offline
trapper
H

s.e. minnesota

And Hillary was projected to win the election. We all see how accurate projections are....

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: DWC] #6821517
03/29/20 09:55 AM
03/29/20 09:55 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by DWC
Cotton said that as a result of Trump banning travel from China, the administration was able to stock drugs and medical equipment, work on vaccines and therapeutics, and “getting testing kits out to the front line.”

“This is just another example though of how the president is going to get criticized for whatever he does."

So this is a quote from “cotton”. What vaccines, what medical equipment, and what kits?? The tiny little state of SD was OUT of kits for about a week, yet trump was blasting out how “really very really good” hes done getting kits everywhere. Our Gov Noem, who i dont agree with on certain things, was video taped pleaing with him for kits. They werent there. There is no vaccine, but since Cotton is on fox news, right wingers take what he says as gold. Fox news is just cnn in reverse and those who worship it are no better than liberals who worship cnn. You hear doctors pleaing for ventilators because theyre out. Did anyone see trumps tweet to the michigan governor? I dont give a rats behind if shes a liberal, he sounded like an absolute moron. If he was so set on stopping this virus, why did he downplay it, saying the media was blowing it up? Someone who loves stirring the pot as a huge right winger on here earlier today through out a quote on how many die per day from heart disease. Guess what genious, heart disease is something that most people do to themselves. My dad was a 40 year smoker and he had the widowmaker at 59. His fault. The goverment has done quite a bit to say “smoking is bad”. He didnt care. Otherwise the diets of a LOT of americans are trash. Heart disease. Weird. So some 65 year old who is just 65 and thats their crime gets infected by someone and dies feom covid 19, thats called a victim. So what there are are a bunch of blue collar right wingers who think doctors are paid by the liberal media to spew fake news. Man there are some morons out there. What kills me is these “right wingers” who post their “liberal media” articles of law enforcement acts and somehow, those are gospel. I love trapping and im not even close to awesome at it, and i hold pretty conservative views. I like looking on here until there are some of the big talkers who try bully people. I think most people on here are very common sense oriented m. But man ive had to bite my tongue on certain things some of the forum “experts” think theyre educated on and all they do is talk out of their rear end when it comes to none trapping topics. And its all because they wanna bleed what they think is right wing. Theyre just reverse liberals.

Apparently you believe Trump is not only Superman, but also a magician. His job is navigating the complex relationship of States responsibilities to Federal responsibilities, and to provide leadership in setting up supply chains, reducing regulations to allow faster production of medicines and hospital supplies. He also is who people look to for guidance. I believe his calmness and looking to and talking about the future is exactly what a leader should be doing.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821521
03/29/20 09:59 AM
03/29/20 09:59 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Its spreading because people didnt take it serious enough. A friend of mine found out that he has been exposed to it by a co worker that traveled l out of state to a bachelor party. My friend told him he was crazy for going but the guy said he wasn't worried and now hes sick and has exposed a lot of people. Hope everyone who decided to ignore the seriousness of this steps up and owns there part in this when all the smoke clears.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821556
03/29/20 10:42 AM
03/29/20 10:42 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
30,000 to 60,000+ 81,000 is a lot of people.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread