No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Big George W] #6821529
03/29/20 10:07 AM
03/29/20 10:07 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Big George W
wow... this is getting good.

I love those saying how this is a joke, the death rates are so low, more people die of heart attacks, how about more people simply die !!

Where is the .1 or 1.0 % number coming from that I see on occasion ??

Asking because I'm coming up with 18 % death rate, and here's how i'm getting that number - as of this posting time:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome: 178,535

Recovered / Discharged: 146,396 (82%)

Deaths: 32,139 (18%)

Now, this is important - I only go by closed cases, because total cases do not have an outcome yet.

Also this is world wide, and there is no sign of this leveling off anytime soon, not days, not weeks, possibly/probably not even months.....

My own opinion: The regular flu, and all these other past pandemics, I view/viewed as a joke.
Nobody I know/knew has ever died of the flu.

We don't even bother getting vaccinated against it, because it you are healthy the regular flu ain't a concern.

As for heart disease, how many healthy people succumb to that vs. un-healthy ??

This Coronas virus is different, it does not discriminate, and it sounds like - in China anyway, it comes back once you think it's gone.

I already personally know of one healthy 44 year old male in NYC [Brooklyn] who is most likely going to be another fatality.

My mother, she likes to bring up how would America endure 5 years of hard starvation, like she seen growing up as a child in a part of Germany that today is in Poland during WW II
The older folks - especially from overseas - they know and understand suffering.... because they have lived through it.

We have a couple of cases on the assembly line, one jerk actually came to work and was sent home, believe me when I say he will suffer greatly for that, he will be treated 1000x worse than a scab and will have to watch his back 24/7 from here on in, and it would not surprise me if he is severely beaten at some point in time, because this is being taken very serious here in CT.

I tried to unsuccessfully organize a walk out right after fining out about this incident, oh by the way he said "I hope you all get it" while being forceably removed - but I was the only one who walked out.
*Then, like magic - a policy appeared - what a surprise !! where we can take two weeks off, so I now got two weeks off.

Hopefully when I come back, it's off the assembly line and on my new tow motor job which I just landed.

Oh yeah, back on track.... I feel that the U.S. is two months behind what is in Europe, this is just from watching the numbers.
I also feel that we are not even getting hit that hard yet, I think that will be more like June... since most Americans still view this as a joke.

No problem here - my gates are padlocked shut, ain't nobody paying me a visit anytime soon.... nor am I going anywhere except to help out my folks.

*I'll be back here on T-Man in 5 months, we'll see how things are then.............

Over and Out.... 73s

After reading your post, I do not believe you will have any trouble with the visitor thing.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821539
03/29/20 10:22 AM
03/29/20 10:22 AM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
It’s here. It’s real. And we have to deal with it. NYC has a phenomenal number of cases. Everybody with a cough and slight fever is jamming a local ER, putting more pressure on the medical staff there to treat everyone. I watched and listened to an ER doc saying they were getting slammed. She said even car crash victims who were CT scanned had asymptomatic signs of having the virus. NYC has >25,000 cases from what I’ve read. That’s about 1/4 of the cases in the US. And yes, without enough respirators and ventilators, thousands could die.

One thing I did see that sparked hope was that c-paps can be used as ventilators.

Free, honest, speech is what this country needs and respects. Unfortunately we have too many talking heads who don’t understand the severity, saying 25,000 cases in one city doesn’t mean there is a need for a huge amount of medical equipment. Or that a rapidly moving virus can be thwarted by just sending people back to work. Congregation of people leads to the spread of this disease. I think we can all imagine what the floor of the New York stock exchange, or any factory with people in groups who are working to make anything is going to do when co-workers start coughing due to their asymptomatic conditions going active.

I can envision truck drivers who don’t spend time around people going back to work. But any job which requires you to not socially distance, e.g. by time clocks, locker rooms or lunch rooms, are not going to work very long before the next major spike in covid cases.

Never too old to learn
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821553
03/29/20 10:41 AM
03/29/20 10:41 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
The FED is expected to grow it's balance sheet by over 4 trillion dollars minnimum. That is more than they did in 2008 and it will be far more than 4t when it's over.

We are going to sacrifice our children's future

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821566
03/29/20 10:49 AM
03/29/20 10:49 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Calvin, you do kmow that recessions lower life expectancy and if we go into a depression it will be far worse than this disease

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821586
03/29/20 11:06 AM
03/29/20 11:06 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I can see just fine. I'm not on facebook and don't watch TV. Makes me a little harder to brainwash

I suffer from the same problem!!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: trapdog1] #6821594
03/29/20 11:09 AM
03/29/20 11:09 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Well said, Mike. Thank you.

X2

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Calvin] #6821807
03/29/20 01:58 PM
03/29/20 01:58 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Calvin
This has nothing to do with "being and American" or giving up our Freedoms (nice try) . This has to do with doing what's right for our fellow man so they don't die with the feeling of an elephant standing on their chest. It's pretty simple and it's called being "selfless".

It's real clear here who believes money has more value than human life. And most of you are old enough you should have banked enough to get you through this smiling. If not maybe check out Dave Ramsey (Christian based money guy) when this blows over.

Here's a couple for you that seem to have things out of order.

"Keep your life free from the love of money and be content with what you have." Hebrews 13.5

"whomever loves money will never have enough".

" whomever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income....Which is MEANINGLESS".

What's in your wallet? Pfffft.

The insane are running the asylum.

House and vehicles are paid off... Tidy nest egg to get me by for quite a while... I am actually prepared for this if I end up having to stay home from work.

So nice try. I don't remember mentioning anything about money in my post.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821810
03/29/20 02:00 PM
03/29/20 02:00 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Italy is up to 178 dead per million. U.S. is still at 7. At 200 dead per million Italy will have lost .002% of its population to the virus

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Big George W] #6821820
03/29/20 02:12 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Big George W
wow... this is getting good.

I love those saying how this is a joke, the death rates are so low, more people die of heart attacks, how about more people simply die !!

Where is the .1 or 1.0 % number coming from that I see on occasion ??

Asking because I'm coming up with 18 % death rate, and here's how i'm getting that number - as of this posting time:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome: 178,535

Recovered / Discharged: 146,396 (82%)

Deaths: 32,139 (18%)

Now, this is important - I only go by closed cases, because total cases do not have an outcome yet.

Also this is world wide, and there is no sign of this leveling off anytime soon, not days, not weeks, possibly/probably not even months.....

My own opinion: The regular flu, and all these other past pandemics, I view/viewed as a joke.
Nobody I know/knew has ever died of the flu.

We don't even bother getting vaccinated against it, because it you are healthy the regular flu ain't a concern.

As for heart disease, how many healthy people succumb to that vs. un-healthy ??

This Coronas virus is different, it does not discriminate, and it sounds like - in China anyway, it comes back once you think it's gone.

I already personally know of one healthy 44 year old male in NYC [Brooklyn] who is most likely going to be another fatality.

My mother, she likes to bring up how would America endure 5 years of hard starvation, like she seen growing up as a child in a part of Germany that today is in Poland during WW II
The older folks - especially from overseas - they know and understand suffering.... because they have lived through it.

We have a couple of cases on the assembly line, one jerk actually came to work and was sent home, believe me when I say he will suffer greatly for that, he will be treated 1000x worse than a scab and will have to watch his back 24/7 from here on in, and it would not surprise me if he is severely beaten at some point in time, because this is being taken very serious here in CT.

I tried to unsuccessfully organize a walk out right after fining out about this incident, oh by the way he said "I hope you all get it" while being forceably removed - but I was the only one who walked out.
*Then, like magic - a policy appeared - what a surprise !! where we can take two weeks off, so I now got two weeks off.

Hopefully when I come back, it's off the assembly line and on my new tow motor job which I just landed.

Oh yeah, back on track.... I feel that the U.S. is two months behind what is in Europe, this is just from watching the numbers.
I also feel that we are not even getting hit that hard yet, I think that will be more like June... since most Americans still view this as a joke.

No problem here - my gates are padlocked shut, ain't nobody paying me a visit anytime soon.... nor am I going anywhere except to help out my folks.

*I'll be back here on T-Man in 5 months, we'll see how things are then.............

Over and Out.... 73s

Reported cases vs deaths.

How many unreported cases were there?

When you jack around with stats you can present them in any light you wish. We see it all the time with "gun violence" statistics... The number of times a gun is used to stop or prevent a crime are never included. We get the worst case scenario instead of an overall view of the numbers as a whole.

Think it's an apples/oranges comparison? Add in the probable number of people who had this, suffered a few days thinking it was flu and moved on, then see what happens to your fatality stats.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: GROUSEWIT] #6821821
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Well said, Mike. Thank you.

X2

X3. One thing that should raise eyebrows is weed shops open, gun shops closed.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821823
03/29/20 02:19 PM
03/29/20 02:19 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Google average daily deaths in new york city along with yearly deaths and then tell me why another 750 in the last week had them overwhelmed.

Something doesn't add up.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821828
03/29/20 02:21 PM
03/29/20 02:21 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Not really,medical marijuana is a real asset to many--especially cancer patients.
If you have never experienced loved ones with cancer,you wouldn't have posted your last post.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821831
03/29/20 02:23 PM
03/29/20 02:23 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Who, me ?
Ohh, I see who you were talking to now.

Last edited by hippie; 03/29/20 02:26 PM.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6821841
03/29/20 02:32 PM
03/29/20 02:32 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Not really,medical marijuana is a real asset to many--especially cancer patients.
If you have never experienced loved ones with cancer,you wouldn't have posted your last post.
Tom

If you've never experienced loved ones without a gun or ammo during a squirrely time, you wouldn't have posted your last post lol. My post did not say close the weed shops, even though most are just stoners. The point I was making is a loss of freedom when they deem gun shops non-essential. If you can have people shopping for weed, you can have people shopping for guns and ammo.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821865
03/29/20 02:49 PM
03/29/20 02:49 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Give me a break.All my loved ones are well supplied with more than enough guns and ammo to get through squirrely times
I have also gone through cancer twice with my wife.
Her first bout resulted in such reactions to chemo therapy,she was bed ridden from it.She said to me afterwards,if I ever get cancer again--please find some marijuana for me to take.This is from a woman that has not even smoked one cigarette in her life--let alone ,one made of marijuana.Luckily her bout with breast cancer was cured with radiation and she didn't have to go through chemo this time.
Friday one of my son-in laws was diagnosed with cancer-- testing this coming week will determine his treatment regimen.
On that same day my cousin had colon cancer surgery at Mayo.
So I am a little touchy on this subject. I guarantee you ,we are well supplied with armaments for everything but fighting cancer.
That may be why I am reacting to your post ,as I am.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821873
03/29/20 02:57 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
I have stopped watching the news stations. So much misinformation it is sad. Meant to panic people rather then educate and inform. Like I have said previously in other threads. My wife and I are at ground zero. My wife treats people with symptoms. I protect people from getting it. One thing I have noticed a lot of people have never had to sacrifice. Never!!! And now those days are upon them. And maybe for sometime. Hoarding. Bickering, me first attitude. Now you have young nurses protesting in NY because they are at risk. They should ask a WWII era generation about real risk and sacrifice. Stay healthy. I pray this will be over soon. So we all can enjoy life as we know it.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: 330-Trapper] #6821874
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
We better forget all the baloney about how many die from other things.
This is something we have never experienced before.It is faster spreading than the flu.Can you even imagine what the numbers would be if all the steps that have been taken--were not taken.
Forget all the pissing and moaning. Say your prayers for all the medical workers,say your prayers for all our soldiers and Law enforcement officers.
Do what you can to help stop the spread and quit comparing the virus to the other things that kill us.
Every death due to the virus--is a loss of one of our fellow countrymen.
Tom

Exactly

My thoughts also.

Jarhead

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821876
03/29/20 02:58 PM
03/29/20 02:58 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Italy is up to 178 dead per million. U.S. is still at 7. At 200 dead per million Italy will have lost .002% of its population to the virus

Are you stimulating the economy Danny? Maybe booking a trip to the big apple or a trip to marti gra? Licking handrails or door knobs? Going to Seattle for a while? I still bet you have not left your little house in KS. If you or a loved one were one of the 200 per million I am certain you would dial back your insane comments. Flu and traffic accidents kill alloy of people but why would you ignore the added deaths. More are getting it and yes dying from it. I sure hope it don't come knocking at your door if you as casual about it as you are saying you are, which I really doubt. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: stinkypete] #6821877
03/29/20 02:59 PM
03/29/20 02:59 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by stinkypete
I have stopped watching the news stations. So much misinformation it is sad. Meant to panic people rather then educate and inform. Like I have said previously in other threads. My wife and I are at ground zero. My wife treats people with symptoms. I protect people from getting it. One thing I have noticed a lot of people have never had to sacrifice. Never!!! And now those days are upon them. And maybe for sometime. Hoarding. Bickering, me first attitude. Now you have young nurses protesting in NY because they are at risk. They should ask a WWII era generation about real risk and sacrifice. Stay healthy. I pray this will be over soon. So we all can enjoy life as we know it.

X2 pete!

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821879
03/29/20 03:00 PM
03/29/20 03:00 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I've had the bona fide flu twice in my life and it kicked my butt both times. I worked in the masonry trade back when you would be considered a sissy for donning eye, ear or respiratory protection. I've sucked in wood dust at a mill I worked at and silica dust from working around potatoes. Toss in years of cigarette smoking and my lungs are shot. I doubt I'd survive an encounter with this.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread