No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821615
03/29/20 11:18 AM
03/29/20 11:18 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
All I can say is WOW.
just

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: KeithC] #6821674
03/29/20 11:53 AM
03/29/20 11:53 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by KeithC
If President Donald Trump was able to enact the travel bans he wanted to, when he first wanted to, there is a fair chance Covid-19 could have been stopped in the US.

His January 31st ban on travel from China was greeted by a tremendous amount of animosity by democrats, who called him xenophobic. He had tried to get support to enact the ban before that and most politicians were against it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tom-cotton-trump-china-travel-ban-coronavirus

He then wanted to ban travel from other infected countries and again ran into open hostility from the democrats and their media.

If the bans were implemented early enough, life would be mostly unchanged for most Americans. By hindering the travel bans, the democrats made America sick.

Keith

Exactly and some democrats are saying he should have enacted a travel ban long before he did.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: DWC] #6821682
03/29/20 12:00 PM
03/29/20 12:00 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by DWC
Cotton said that as a result of Trump banning travel from China, the administration was able to stock drugs and medical equipment, work on vaccines and therapeutics, and “getting testing kits out to the front line.”

“This is just another example though of how the president is going to get criticized for whatever he does."

So this is a quote from “cotton”. What vaccines, what medical equipment, and what kits?? The tiny little state of SD was OUT of kits for about a week, yet trump was blasting out how “really very really good” hes done getting kits everywhere. Our Gov Noem, who i dont agree with on certain things, was video taped pleaing with him for kits. They werent there. There is no vaccine, but since Cotton is on fox news, right wingers take what he says as gold. Fox news is just cnn in reverse and those who worship it are no better than liberals who worship cnn. You hear doctors pleaing for ventilators because theyre out. Did anyone see trumps tweet to the michigan governor? I dont give a rats behind if shes a liberal, he sounded like an absolute moron. If he was so set on stopping this virus, why did he downplay it, saying the media was blowing it up? Someone who loves stirring the pot as a huge right winger on here earlier today through out a quote on how many die per day from heart disease. Guess what genious, heart disease is something that most people do to themselves. My dad was a 40 year smoker and he had the widowmaker at 59. His fault. The goverment has done quite a bit to say “smoking is bad”. He didnt care. Otherwise the diets of a LOT of americans are trash. Heart disease. Weird. So some 65 year old who is just 65 and thats their crime gets infected by someone and dies feom covid 19, thats called a victim. So what there are are a bunch of blue collar right wingers who think doctors are paid by the liberal media to spew fake news. Man there are some morons out there. What kills me is these “right wingers” who post their “liberal media” articles of law enforcement acts and somehow, those are gospel. I love trapping and im not even close to awesome at it, and i hold pretty conservative views. I like looking on here until there are some of the big talkers who try bully people. I think most people on here are very common sense oriented m. But man ive had to bite my tongue on certain things some of the forum “experts” think theyre educated on and all they do is talk out of their rear end when it comes to none trapping topics. And its all because they wanna bleed what they think is right wing. Theyre just reverse liberals.

There's a difference between CNN and FOX news. FOX is more balanced. FOX has liberals as regular contributors while CNN doesn't have any conservatives. CNN only wants people who are far left.
I can name you a number of liberals who appear regularly on FOX that preach their left wing agenda. Can you name any conservatives that appear regularly on CNN? I know you can't because there aren't any.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Yes sir] #6821690
03/29/20 12:05 PM
03/29/20 12:05 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Its spreading because people didnt take it serious enough. A friend of mine found out that he has been exposed to it by a co worker that traveled l out of state to a bachelor party. My friend told him he was crazy for going but the guy said he wasn't worried and now hes sick and has exposed a lot of people. Hope everyone who decided to ignore the seriousness of this steps up and owns there part in this when all the smoke clears.

A good example is NYC. After the mayor told them to stay home and keep their 6 foot distance there were numerous people shown in various parks around the city dancing, holding hands, hugging, etc.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821783
03/29/20 01:22 PM
03/29/20 01:22 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Thanks for posting that !

Those who feel the need to point fingers....maybe consider additional information

https://reason.com/2020/03/11/how-g...N9t0FBTrLuzjZzw5VhGkkodYddReYt2A&amp

Mean As Nails
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Trapper7] #6821797
03/29/20 01:50 PM
03/29/20 01:50 PM
Alaska/Washington
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska/Washington
There was a time when people were screened carefully before entering America to stop the spread of diseases. Every clown on the Democratic debate stage was advocating open borders and some tearing down the wall with Mexico.

Trust me, our enemies have found our weakness.. Stupid politicians!

Give an illegal alien a fish and he eats for a day. Deport him and you never have to feed him ever again!
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Diggerman] #6821805
03/29/20 01:57 PM
03/29/20 01:57 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by DWC
While watching all the covid 19 posts on here the past few weeks, people have started realizing that its no laughing matter. I think its far from the worst and the next 2-3 months will put a hurtin on everything and everyone. I started off thinking the media was blowing it up, but i think the numbers are gonna shock people. There are always gonna be the guys who support Trump all the way simply because of political party. There is no denying he didnt think this would be a big deal and he seems to only put emphasis on economy, because thats what he knows. His tweets fox news had on today to the michigan governor were incoherent mumbling. Someone needs to end his twitter account. Im no liberal, and i think the die hard conservatives need to realize this could be the start, and only the start to something bad.

You ARE making this political. 100,000,000 testing kits for a virus previously unknown to man were NOT just sitting on a shelf. 1,000,000 ventilators were NOT already manufactured and waiting shipment, 1,000,000 hospital beds were NOT empty just waiting for a virus to fill them. What the President did or did not think about a BRAND NEW threat is not important. How fast the roll out of NEW test kits, ventilators, and treatments is the true measure of leadership. The Michigan gov. leads by blaming her shortfalls on Trump, she is in way over her head, as is the mayor of New Orleans. In troubled times, real leaders get after it, counterfeits point fingers and blame.

Yes and Cuomo had the chance to by ventilators, but built a solar farm instead. How about the states taking some responsibility. I’m sick of the media and all their hype. The day this is all over they will pivot straight to the economy and how Trump tanked it and it’s all his fault. Bla,bla,bla ALSO, if I hear one more reporter compare this to WWII my head is going to pop off. People have no perspective of history. Sorry for the rant

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Poorcoon] #6821813
03/29/20 02:07 PM
03/29/20 02:07 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by Poorcoon
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Seems like there are a lot of people hoping that's right or even worse so they can get all excited and say "see I told you so!"

No doubt about that. Maybe my perceptions messed up but if that is correct. Which nobody really knows for sure but if it's correct it just really doesn't seem that bad to me. But I'm sick and twisted. But I do feel bad for anybody that has lost loved ones and I don't wish that on anybody

I agree. And there are already "people", even right on this forum, prancing around on their tiptoes and saying "see, see, look how bad it is. I knew it. You were all wrong.... etc..." and this is just based upon some numbers that no one could possibly prove. It's disgusting.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821815
03/29/20 02:08 PM
03/29/20 02:08 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Pawnee

This is way worse than WW II, my history is a little rusty but I don't think we passed a 2 trillion dollar spending bill to win the war. And I'm sure the Kennedy center didnt need a $250 face lift then either....

now before someone takes me serious, a disclaimer; I'm only joking and trying to add a little humor

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821816
03/29/20 02:09 PM
03/29/20 02:09 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Online content
"American Honey"
Sharon  Online Content
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sobering, indeed. It should ramp up everyone's awareness to keep their places clean , and be routinely thorough with hands treated with sanitizer gel, etc., every time they enter an auto from having to drive somewhere.

I haven't seen hardly anything on being careful with groceries , the bags they're in, even the products that are touched by many hands before they get to the consumer. Also boxes from mail ordering, even money.

What I have been doing is spraying grocery bags lightly with a disinfectant solution , just by the front door, and letting it dry before bringing into the kitchen. Even containers, bottles, boxes of items in those bags can be treated the same way. It's long been practice for food preps to wash produce in a light bath of treated water to kill germs before preparing for customers.

I treat any cardboard boxes from UPS ,etc the same way.

Thinking of where all these items come from and how much they are handled in process to the shelf stockers, I feel is a valid concern, especially for caretakers of higher risk people.

It would be much appreciated to see other good thoughts in refinement of the aforementioned subjects .

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821819
03/29/20 02:12 PM
03/29/20 02:12 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Don't pop the bubble wrap.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Yes sir] #6821885
03/29/20 03:03 PM
03/29/20 03:03 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Pawnee

This is way worse than WW II, my history is a little rusty but I don't think we passed a 2 trillion dollar spending bill to win the war. And I'm sure the Kennedy center didnt need a $250 face lift then either....

now before someone takes me serious, a disclaimer; I'm only joking and trying to add a little humor

grin

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: ~ADC~] #6821898
03/29/20 03:09 PM
03/29/20 03:09 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by Poorcoon
Visit the latest covid 19 projection IHME. 81, 000 dead projected. Flu annual deaths run about 30,000-60,000..

Seems like there are a lot of people hoping that's right or even worse so they can get all excited and say "see I told you so!"

Yep , i think some thrive on doom and gloom

Some are happy to shun work and have government hand outs , stay home smoke dope and eat chips

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821903
03/29/20 03:12 PM
03/29/20 03:12 PM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
"President Trump is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't"!

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: seniortrap] #6821915
03/29/20 03:26 PM
03/29/20 03:26 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by seniortrap

True

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: AntiGov] #6821922
03/29/20 03:32 PM
03/29/20 03:32 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by seniortrap

True

He'll make some missteps just like any other human being would but he still has my vote. I truly believe he's the right man at the right time.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: Diggerman] #6821933
03/29/20 03:50 PM
03/29/20 03:50 PM
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
trapper234 Offline OP
trapper
trapper234  Offline OP
trapper

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by DWC
While watching all the covid 19 posts on here the past few weeks, people have started realizing that its no laughing matter. I think its far from the worst and the next 2-3 months will put a hurtin on everything and everyone. I started off thinking the media was blowing it up, but i think the numbers are gonna shock people. There are always gonna be the guys who support Trump all the way simply because of political party. There is no denying he didnt think this would be a big deal and he seems to only put emphasis on economy, because thats what he knows. His tweets fox news had on today to the michigan governor were incoherent mumbling. Someone needs to end his twitter account. Im no liberal, and i think the die hard conservatives need to realize this could be the start, and only the start to something bad.

You ARE making this political. 100,000,000 testing kits for a virus previously unknown to man were NOT just sitting on a shelf. 1,000,000 ventilators were NOT already manufactured and waiting shipment, 1,000,000 hospital beds were NOT empty just waiting for a virus to fill them. What the President did or did not think about a BRAND NEW threat is not important. How fast the roll out of NEW test kits, ventilators, and treatments is the true measure of leadership. The Michigan gov. leads by blaming her shortfalls on Trump, she is in way over her head, as is the mayor of New Orleans. In troubled times, real leaders get after it, counterfeits point fingers and blame.

X2 and well said!

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821956
03/29/20 04:17 PM
03/29/20 04:17 PM
NE Ohio
C
capt.scott Offline
trapper
capt.scott  Offline
trapper
C

NE Ohio
Between 55 and 60 million people die every year worldwide. That is right around 160,000 people a day world wide. That is from everything. None of us are getting out of here alive.

Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6821982
03/29/20 04:42 PM
03/29/20 04:42 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
The thing that frustrates me is that I first heard about this dangerous new virus in the middle of January. It's now the end of March and I still don't feel like I have any information I trust. We're all gonna get it and 10% will die or it's no worse than the seasonal flu. Test kits have been out for a couple of weeks. It seems like we should know the transmission rate and mortality rate by now and some statistician should have figured out what we should really expect over the next couple of months but it's not being reported.

-Ryan
Re: Must Watch! PLEASE... Virus Explained. [Re: trapper234] #6822018
03/29/20 05:20 PM
03/29/20 05:20 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
X2 Keith. No matter what President Trump does he is racist or wrong. So many back seat drivers. I don't watch the news anymore. I listen to our Ohio Gov. and the Presidet of the US and his team. Everything else is noise! Your biggest problem areas are liberal areas. Fact!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread