No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Master another craft [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6822509
03/29/20 10:56 PM
03/29/20 10:56 PM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

Nessmuck I did sheet metal work in my early 20s. Worked for a custom shop. My Grampa was a well known painter/body man on the west coast. Bill Heintz.
I’ve never been on the essential side of body and paint.....bet if I was I woulda made consistent money. Eh at the time it was all about cool. I ended up trading the body and paint to be a granite worker. That lasted till I broke my back. Now I water plants lol

Re: Master another craft [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6822548
03/29/20 11:39 PM
03/29/20 11:39 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
1 to 2 years to retirement.
Have my brother teach me his taxidermy trade.
Welding basic but welding!

Re: Master another craft [Re: Bear Tracker] #6822570
03/30/20 12:26 AM
03/30/20 12:26 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Online content
trapper
bblwi  Online Content
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I taught farm business management and loved the work, the challenge and my students but I would have liked it even more if I was more physically active. I was on farms most of the time and not at a desk but still could would have been good to have more. I studied and became a certified crop adviser which helped me teach my crops and soils units much better but that is something I would have enjoyed doing during the spring, summer and fall. The financial consulting business I developed was all desk and computer type work but paid much better than many others. I guess that is why I like trapping, gardening, working with livestock etc. I don't make much if anything but I am physically active and mentally challenged. I would like to have been much better trained in being a carpenter.

Bryce

Re: Master another craft [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6822614
03/30/20 05:48 AM
03/30/20 05:48 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
i believe i'll solve the pythagorian theory of interstellar travel using the idea of magnetic polarization opposites for high speed space travel.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread