No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823143
03/30/20 02:28 PM
03/30/20 02:28 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
I heard they are using CPAP’s to help where ventilators are in short supply.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823148
03/30/20 02:35 PM
03/30/20 02:35 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Sister in-law and hubby dropped by yesterday so did a buddy and wife lookin for eggs we all talked in the driveway outside and had a nice visit just another day.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: Pawnee] #6823159
03/30/20 02:54 PM
03/30/20 02:54 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by Pawnee
I heard they are using CPAP’s to help where ventilators are in short supply.

Pawnee them CPAP's are indeed a lower volume ventilator. More seen as an air splint keeps you breathing..Right before I left the fire service 5 years back. They were just getting the thinking going on having us used them in the field with 02 on some patients. Since I left right when that was starting I have no idea if it took off or not.. I would think it is certainly an option for someone maybe didn't need a full blow ventilator.
For sure think people who use one are probably in high risk group at least once they got bug.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823162
03/30/20 02:59 PM
03/30/20 02:59 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I am planning to build an Igloo out of toilet paper, and crawl inside with some adult beverages.

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823168
03/30/20 03:05 PM
03/30/20 03:05 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Elderberry syrup is my go to for Covid-19. Elderberry cuts the average duration of the flu by 4 days and lessens symptoms. Elderberry cuts the duration of the common cold in half from 4 days to 2 days. The common cold is also a coronavirus.

Elderberry apparently blocks the ability of viruses to bond with cells. It's been used as medicine for at least 3000 years.

We made our own elderberry syrup. You can buy Sambucol, which is made with elderberry and elderberry gummies at your pharmacy, if they are not sold out.

Keith

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823173
03/30/20 03:09 PM
03/30/20 03:09 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Regarding CPAP, I had abdominal hernia surgery in late February. My incision is 13” long, right up the middle of my belly. I was wrapped in a band that completely surrounded me and it was put on as tight as two nurses could pull it. I wore that band for a week and it was very difficult to breathe. I used my CPAP night and day. It made breathing much easier.

Surely a CV patient would benefit when a ventilator is unavailable. Sure helped me a lot.

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: charles] #6823181
03/30/20 03:23 PM
03/30/20 03:23 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

I have a Bi-Pap machine and keep it at setting
of 18 to 23 which is max capacity
which (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) near inflates my lungs for me.

Keeps me breathing well and helps a lot
if I have a round of Bronchitis which I
often do every fall during trapping season.

I've been gargling with apple cider vinegar,
plus a couple shots of it a day down the hatch
as I believe it kills bacteria in my throat,
and keeps me from getting acid re-flux which
I have not had since starting this regimen
years ago on the advice of a witch.

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: Boco] #6823185
03/30/20 03:27 PM
03/30/20 03:27 PM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Boco
I am just using the natural time honored remedies that are available from the bush that are antiviral and immune boosting.

And these "Natural, time honored remedies" Are ?

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: walleyed] #6823186
03/30/20 03:29 PM
03/30/20 03:29 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by walleyed

I have not had since starting this regimen
years ago on the advice of a witch.

w

So, Nancy Pelosi told you to use this?

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823188
03/30/20 03:30 PM
03/30/20 03:30 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
There are many but cedar(thuja occidentalis/arbor vitae) tea is the one I use since it has many other benefits besides antiviral.High in vitamin c which boosts the immune system also.
You dont want to drink too much though because Thujone is a poison if too much is taken.I take a cup every second day for a couple weeks at a time.
It is easy to brew,I do it in a larger batch to get a couple quarts at a time.The recipe is a cup of white cedar branch tips to a cup of water.Bring water to boiling then drop in the cedar and simmer for 10 minutes.Strain and bottle the tea and you can keep it in the refrigerator.Boil up a cup when you want to take it.I like it with a spoon or two of brown sugar or maple syrup.I take a cup before bedtime every second day,it helps me sleep well also.

Last edited by Boco; 03/30/20 03:36 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823190
03/30/20 03:31 PM
03/30/20 03:31 PM
U.P. Michigan
Spade Offline
trapper
Spade  Offline
trapper

U.P. Michigan
It's been awhile but I can give you some information on ventilation and using humidity on patients. Ventilation is used when the patient has the inability to breath on there own, or the SaO2 (oxg. level in blood) is so low that the oxygen in the blood cannot be exchanged from the carbon dioxide. (2) Humidity is used to keep the nasal passages from drying out, which is very common while using O2. Heated humidity is used on
severely congested patients, along with other drugs (like mucamist) for thinning out mucus in the lungs. That is why you are asked to cough after receiving a breathing treatment. The heated humidifiers only heat to the body temp. of 98.6 degrees. Heated humidifiers along with O2 are also used for Hypothermic patients to assist warming them up from the inside out.
Drugs (used for opening up the airways) can also be nebulized in line while on ventilation, to assist in opening up the air sacs in the lungs, (alveolar ducts ) along with suction to remove the muscus, since a patient who is on ventilation does not have the ability to cough.
There is a lot of other things that go with ventilation, like # of breaths per minute, title volume of the breath, sigh volume, as well as % of O2 (some COPD patients can actually have their O2 drive knocked out (inability to totally exchange O2 and carbon dioxide).

God forbid none of you ever need it, it is not a pleasant experience.

Follow the CDC guide lines, and hopefully everyone else will, and you'all will be fine.

24 years Army Medical Corps

I only want to be known as:

A great husband, a good trapper, and a great steward of the land.
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823226
03/30/20 04:12 PM
03/30/20 04:12 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Trapstickman is smart to ask the Tribe for such valued info grin

Patrice and I have used Oxine for many years in treating our chook's water, disinfecting floors, roosts, etc....and treating them for all pathogens in the airways, by a nebulizer mist spray. Unactivated, it is used for humans too , in a plethora of ways, from water, foods, and direct mist inhaled that kills pathogens on contact.

Below is a good link to the info about that. It blows the mind how effective it is.

You'll see it's use on animals, but it is entirely good for people too- in it's unactivated form. It comes as a liquid in a container that you just add small amounts to water , to use in so many different ways. It is tasteless in water.

Patrice introduced the idea of the small paint sprayer - she can attest to using it as an inhaler into the nose and mouth as soon as she begins to feel off-sore throat, etc...and it has worked for her every time. Just a few drops in the bottle , mixed with water. Simple and easy.

I recently got a similar sprayer and use it as soon as I enter the door from needing to drive somewhere. It's on a table right by the door to use first thing. I also use it to spray grocery bags and contents, boxes, etc as soon as they arrive in the door. Nothing is easier .

Other pathogen killing tinctures are Pau D Arco , a known cancer killing herb, and the most studied of AMA reports, admitted by them in it's effectiveness,though begrudgingly . It is most effective in concentrated tincture , several drops put into juice , water, etc. It is a very powerful immune builder, blood cleanser , and wages war on viruses, strep, flu, bronchitis , colds, and the like. I have used it for years. And stepped up it's dosage even more , these days.

Oreganol is also a well known treatment effective on many things. A member of the typical herb oregano , but a different type that has the strength needed for building powerful health and fighting off sickness.

A quick google search of these items gives much info to enjoy learning.

And finally, the master tonic I mix up in apple cider vinegar ....that is the ammo that helps the body forge up great immune systems, as well as actively kill pathogens. I have used it for decades. Trapstickman may have seen my thread I posted about that some weeks ago. The name of it is "Forewarned is Forearmed : Master Tonic".

I have just started using my new batch , 2 heaping tablespoons each day grin to get a jump on things. Maintenance.

I sure appreciate this thread. When modern medicine has no answers, nature has always looked after it's own. I see the value of using both.

https://www.shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/

[Linked Image]

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823261
03/30/20 04:43 PM
03/30/20 04:43 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Canadian Club Reserve,,and cigars has prevented me from getting it thus far. cool

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6823286
03/30/20 05:09 PM
03/30/20 05:09 PM
Wyoming
H
Hobbs Offline
trapper
Hobbs  Offline
trapper
H

Wyoming
Something we all need to remember, I don't know about everyone but I am not a medical professional and do not understand everything with the human body, as such we should not facilitate any unfounded ideas as a curative for this. There is enough of those coming from Arm Chair "doctors" and its killing people just a surely as this virus, just look at the fella from Arizona that got Covid and took chloroquine phosphate to cure himself because it was being touted on the internet as a cure that was being withheld to keep people in panic. Just remember that you can do as much harm to yourself as good by taking home remedies, not saying that there isn't some that work great and have been in place for generations, but ignorance kills as many people every year as anything else.

It's a trappers life for me
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: Hobbs] #6823763
03/30/20 10:11 PM
03/30/20 10:11 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Hobbs
Something we all need to remember, I don't know about everyone but I am not a medical professional and do not understand everything with the human body, as such we should not facilitate any unfounded ideas as a curative for this. There is enough of those coming from Arm Chair "doctors" and its killing people just a surely as this virus, just look at the fella from Arizona that got Covid and took chloroquine phosphate to cure himself because it was being touted on the internet as a cure that was being withheld to keep people in panic. Just remember that you can do as much harm to yourself as good by taking home remedies, not saying that there isn't some that work great and have been in place for generations, but ignorance kills as many people every year as anything else.

Are you trying to say telling every one to swallow a tide pod and wash it down with a shot of peroxide,,is NOT a good idea ???

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: upstateNY] #6824224
03/31/20 10:01 AM
03/31/20 10:01 AM
Wyoming
H
Hobbs Offline
trapper
Hobbs  Offline
trapper
H

Wyoming
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by Hobbs

Are you trying to say telling every one to swallow a tide pod and wash it down with a shot of peroxide,,is NOT a good idea ???

HAHA, I guess that depends on the person.

It's a trappers life for me
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6824227
03/31/20 10:03 AM
03/31/20 10:03 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Drink a lot of fluids and don’t tick off the wife is my plan for better heath here.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: KeithC] #6824257
03/31/20 10:35 AM
03/31/20 10:35 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by KeithC
Elderberry syrup is my go to for Covid-19. Elderberry cuts the average duration of the flu by 4 days and lessens symptoms. Elderberry cuts the duration of the common cold in half from 4 days to 2 days. The common cold is also a coronavirus.

Elderberry apparently blocks the ability of viruses to bond with cells. It's been used as medicine for at least 3000 years.

We made our own elderberry syrup. You can buy Sambucol, which is made with elderberry and elderberry gummies at your pharmacy, if they are not sold out.

Keith

There may well be something to this as I believe Elder Berry is considered an antioxidant?? Which as you stated blocks things from bonding to cells.. Not saying I'd swear to that but believe I've heard that.

When I was being treated for my cancer and doing Chemo.. I was given a bottle of ACAI by a fellow T-man member concerned with my health.. Thank You very much and it was appreciated I'm still taking it..Being I was just starting my Chemo at that time and had been told not to take anything doc didn't know about. I think they meant street drugs lol but pretty much anything wasn't in my file..I decided to ask my oncologist about it before taking the ACAI..
Bassically what he told me. No don't take it that it would actually block or may block what the Chemo was supposed to do. My understanding the ACAI works much the same as what elderberry would.
He did say once I was done with the Chemo wasn't any reason not to take the ACAI..
So as a home remedy, Herbal, preventative type thing. Doc wouldn't say it worked for sure work, but wouldn't say it wouldn't. No harm to take it and it may keep cancer from coming back.
The antioxident in ACAI and Elder Berry blocks what they call free radicals. who know how each persons body will see Covid-19 virus??
Can't think my taking the ACAI or my elderberry syrup which I made myself. Is going to hurt.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6824533
03/31/20 03:09 PM
03/31/20 03:09 PM
Montana
U
Useless Eater Offline
trapper
Useless Eater  Offline
trapper
U

Montana
I'm taking vitamins D,C and zinc. I have read Revolutionary War stories about people inoculating themselves against smallpox by scratching the back of their hand with a needle and then poking a blister of an infected person and pushing that fluid into the scratch. I wonder if you could inoculate yourself against corona the same way but put a Qtip up an infected person's nose and rub the fluid into a scratch.

Here is one account of the smallpox inoculation.
https://allthingsliberty.com/2019/0...sting-disease-on-the-prison-ship-jersey/

Re: Home Treatment Ideas? [Re: MnMan] #6824551
03/31/20 03:25 PM
03/31/20 03:25 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
. you introduce healthy smallpox into your system you will get the pox. there is also a disease called cow pox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowpox

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread