No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: ] #6823757
03/30/20 10:06 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by J Staton
I think there must be a disconnect between what's "right" and a right. You have the God given right to assemble even if it might not be the right thing to do.

Can you yell fire in a crowded theater without repercussions?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6823759
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by white17
I think there must be a disconnect between what's "right" and a right. You have the God given right to assemble even if it might not be the right thing to do.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

Just because it's not a good idea doesn't mean the government should arrest you for it.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: corky] #6823761
03/30/20 10:09 PM
03/30/20 10:09 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by corky
Religion is not being singled out. I look at it like drunk driving. If the worshipers were just endangering themselves at their own risk then go for it. When their irresponsible actions endanger unknowing innocents in the community then there is a big problem. If they quarantine in the church for 14 days after the assembly service it would be okay with me but that would never happen. Seems like grandstanding by the pastor and not very Christianlike.

That exact situation exists right now in Brooklyn. Orthodox Jews continuing to meet at their synagogue have infected their entire community.

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Catch22] #6823766
03/30/20 10:12 PM
03/30/20 10:12 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Catch22

Can you yell fire in a crowded theater without repercussions?

22, these people attended of their own free will knowing the possible consequences. It would be like the movie crowd knowing that someone was going to yell fire.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823770
03/30/20 10:13 PM
03/30/20 10:13 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Lol

Go shoot a jukebox and see what happens!

Your rights end where the other man's nose begins!

Govt isn't telling you how or when to worship in the sense of our inalienable rights! Heck, they aren't even limiting the guidelines to churches!!!! They are telling everyone.

Most churches have a very high demographic of elderly folk! I'd suspect that will change real soon in churches like the one in question! The pastor is the head of the church. If anyone is to be arrested for civil disobedience? It should be him!

Last edited by brianmall; 03/30/20 10:16 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: trapdog1] #6823772
03/30/20 10:14 PM
03/30/20 10:14 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by brianmall
I know the thinking part may be a problem. But try

Ive been wanting a solid debate.

No need for the insult. Just asking if that is what you meant. You said no. Thanks.

I was serious.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823775
03/30/20 10:18 PM
03/30/20 10:18 PM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Out of respect for other people i choose not to gather in large crowds for the time being. Slowing down the spread of a virus that we don’t know much about and giving medical professionals some time to test some medications is a smart move in my opinion. It will also help to keep hospitals and the employees from being overwhelmed, It’s pretty bad when people can’t take a few weeks off of their normal routine to protect the safety of others.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823777
03/30/20 10:19 PM
03/30/20 10:19 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
My knee jerk opinion on these pastors is that they wanna make a name for themselves.

Because I don't see any logical reason why a pastor would put his church in harm's way needlessly! Just give it a couple weeks to at least see if it is what they say it is!

If it is!? Then you helped save lives!

If it ain't!? Then you tried to help save lives!

If it is as bad as what they say? This guy will get people killed!

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6823779
03/30/20 10:20 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

"All things are lawful, but not all things are advantageous. "....

On the other hand, online meetings ARE the same as personal assemblies. To be reasonable . To be otherwise is to stumble others in fanatical unreasonableness.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823780
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Just because it's not a good idea doesn't mean the government should arrest you for it.

The pastor was arrested for violating the law. No one was arrested for how they worship, what they worship, who they worship, what they read or think. No one is persecuting Christians with these restrictions ( There may be OTHER efforts in the political realm directed at Christians but this isn't it )

Contrary to what you have posted this "pastor" has violated the law. LAW made and passed by Congress, signed by a President and adjudicated by SCOTUS.

You are usually a lot more cogent in your arguments Goose. You are letting your religion overrule your logic.

That is neither good for your religion nor society.

You can still meet with fellow believers........just not in the numbers or places you are used to.

If your Christianity doesn't care about the rest of society, then something is missing in your belief system.

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6823783
03/30/20 10:24 PM
03/30/20 10:24 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Wonder why they dont just issue a royal decree that no one leaves their home, for any reason, for 1 month. Make it legal to shoot anybody you can see outside from your window Would get rid of a lot of homeless people. Virus would be gone after a month. If a month isnt long enough then make it two. Emergency services could deliver sterilized food and water while wearing bio hazard suits.

You apparently weren't around during the Watts riots in 1965. That is exactly what happened. I recall seeing ..on TV....the national guard open up with an M60 on a car load of looters. That ended the riot immediately, after way too many days of tolerance.

The old man has some good stories of the watts riots ..........he went through several boxes of 00 buck shot

Last edited by AntiGov; 03/30/20 10:29 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823790
03/30/20 10:26 PM
03/30/20 10:26 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
J, my point is rights are not absolute. The people attending these services are going out into the public as well, they aren't just risking themselves, they are putting others in danger as well. It's bad enough that we have to go out to get supplies once in a while, why add to the chances of getting infected and infecting others. The right to worship or assemble is not being infringed upon.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6823794
03/30/20 10:27 PM
03/30/20 10:27 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

The pastor was arrested for violating the law. No one was arrested for how they worship, what they worship, who they worship, what they read or think. No one is persecuting Christians with these restrictions ( There may be OTHER efforts in the political realm directed at Christians but this isn't it )

Contrary to what you have posted this "pastor" has violated the law. LAW made and passed by Congress, signed by a President and adjudicated by SCOTUS.

You are usually a lot more cogent in your arguments Goose. You are letting your religion overrule your logic.

You can still meet with fellow believers........just not in the numbers or places you are used to.

If your Christianity doesn't care about the rest of society, then something is missing in your belief system.

Im not concerned so much with the religeous aspect of it as much as i am over a law made over a fake crisis and then an arrest .........snowball fallout

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823795
03/30/20 10:28 PM
03/30/20 10:28 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
As one chief justice once said...".The Constitution is not a suicide pact"

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6823798
03/30/20 10:29 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

Matthew 6-5, may be worth a read for some of these Pastors.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6823800
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.

Exactly. Many are holding online meetings and seeing the logic of showing love-doing to others as they would wish done to themselves....without a single thing missing from their intent or message. All in compliance with unselfishness to those whom they preach in showing example in action.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823801
03/30/20 10:30 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Shall not be infringed. Guess that's a farce.

At least it's for the good of society.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: AntiGov] #6823802
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by AntiGov

Im not concerned so much with the religeous aspect of it as much as i am over a law made over a fake crisis and then an arrest .........snowball fallout

I don't know what law you are referring to that was ..."made over a fake crisis.."

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Catch22] #6823804
03/30/20 10:31 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by Catch22
J, my point is rights are not absolute. The people attending these services are going out into the public as well, they aren't just risking themselves, they are putting others in danger as well. It's bad enough that we have to go out to get supplies once in a while, why add to the chances of getting infected and infecting others. The right to worship or assemble is not being infringed upon.

Not only that

But also,. The "guidelines" will multiply, tighten, and become more severe if we don't get this virus under control. There was mention today of making is all wear mask while we're out in public! I can't stand wearing hard hats and safety glasses! And I don't like confined spaces! Face mask would kill me!

Stay home!

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823805
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
At least half our population is part of the "essential service" work force. So anytime you go to th store, or anywhere else, at least half the people there are out mingling with other workers every work day. Doubtful many of these people are practicing "social distancing" while at work.
Medics are leading this country down the road to DEPRESSION! Some doctor here in Alaska just released a "model" that says we may have to hunker for months to slow the spread. Months? Really? Wonder if his model is one of those garbage in, garbage out models. Does anyone else notice that all the folks calling for, and supporting more restrictions have GUARANTEED incomes? How guaranteed will that income be when no one, except govt. employees, has the money to pay taxes?
We have had "pandemics" before. Didn't have to destroy lives financially then. Supposedly some other countries aren't forcing hunker down orders and dealing with the medical aspect satisfactorily. Maybe we could too if we didn't have fear mongering.
For those who will respond that we are saving lives I ask, are we? Did you count the increase in suicides? Did you count the increase in drug abuse/deaths? Will domestic violence/ deaths increase?
Minuchin was on today saying they are preparing for round 2 of stimulus money. Hey, maybe I can retire, move to my wilderness trapline, and get stimulus money for the rest of my freaking life!!!
MT

Last edited by martentrapper; 03/30/20 10:34 PM.
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread