No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823821
03/30/20 10:42 PM
03/30/20 10:42 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You cant put money ahead of peoples lives.So what if you wind up poor and destitute,at least millions of lives will be saved.
Empires dont last forever-there is always a re-set.

Last edited by Boco; 03/30/20 10:43 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823830
03/30/20 10:46 PM
03/30/20 10:46 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Whats way worse is sending thousands of peolpe home with cv19 ........because of predetermined guidelines .

But hey we can arrest a pastor crazy

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: amspoker] #6823834
03/30/20 10:49 PM
03/30/20 10:49 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by amspoker
Originally Posted by bblwi
To each his own, I am glad he is not my shepherd

Bryce

Well said.

Me 3

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823837
03/30/20 10:51 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
Me 4. Ever wonder what the difference is between a missionary and a mercenary ?

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823838
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Originally Posted by loosegoose
I wonder what some of you would do if the government said you can own guns, just not certain kinds, because they're too dangerous.....or you've gotta give up your guns, it's dangerous and puts other people at risk....you can talk the talk but would you walk the walk? When your rights are put on hold in the name of safety would you stand up and disobey, or shrug your shoulders go along?
.......usa just hit the 3000 dead mark today, I hope none of those were from your church gathering.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Boco] #6823841
03/30/20 10:52 PM
03/30/20 10:52 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Originally Posted by Boco
You cant put money ahead of peoples lives.So what if you wind up poor and destitute,at least millions of lives will be saved.
Empires dont last forever-there is always a re-set.

I will point out that Boco is one of those with a guaranteed retirement income, right, Bo? We put money ahead of lives all the time.
mt

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823846
03/30/20 10:56 PM
03/30/20 10:56 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
It seems that some still don't think this is even real. I wonder if it was just fake when they was staking up the dead bodies with a fork lift into the reefer. Looks like someone would double check they are not just faking us. What will it take to make some believe, maybe when they toss a loved one in the truck then it will sink home.

Doctors and nurses are just people and they can only handle so much, and unless we get a miracle they will wear out.

First time I saw some firefighters setting a back fire I thought they was just setting fires. Well this is turning out to be one big wildfire and I don't think there is any way to set a backfire, but I do believe any grand standing preachers need to suck on a pacifier for a while.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: BuckMink] #6823850
03/30/20 10:59 PM
03/30/20 10:59 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Originally Posted by BuckMink
When it is against the LAW to spread the gospel, to witness, to preach... to share the word then its wrong. The fact that we are STILL meeting through video and not in person is not against the gospel. Its for the common good of people. I am not going to unnecessary put my family at risk. Why? Because I LOVE them!

We dont have people shutting down FB because of a sermon.
We dont have police coming into houses and stealing bibles.
We dont have youtube channels of pastors and sermons being blocked.
We dont have churches, seminaries being burned because its the gospel.
We dont have christians being arrested for being a christian. (of course this is debatable in this thread) Im thinking of china, india, and korea where you DONT HAVE FREEDOM.)

That is an underground church.

....... and we have a president that is bring back prayer and pledge of allegiance back into the schools

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: James] #6823851
03/30/20 11:00 PM
03/30/20 11:00 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by James
. Why should they be endangered because of someone else's religion?

Jim

Isn't that norm ?

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823854
03/30/20 11:02 PM
03/30/20 11:02 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
A bunch of people watching a sermon at the same time sitting here n their homes is NOT the same as meeting in person. If you watch a sermon in your home, that is NOT "going to church". The church is the group of people that go to the building and meet together. If you don't meet with the people, you don't meet with the church. If every member of T-man eats lunch at exactly 12:00 tomorrow, would we say we all ate lunch together? Of course not, because we weren't together. In the same line of thinking, watching a sermon at the same time as other people does not mean you did church together. There's nothing wrong with watching a sermon at home, but it's no different than watching a teaching on YouTube, or listening to a podcast. Its not the same as meeting in person with other believers.

In any case, it's not up to the government to tell me how to meet with other believers. If a government official tells me I can't meet in person but I can meet online, that amounts to a government official telling me how to practice my religion.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: martentrapper] #6823856
03/30/20 11:04 PM
03/30/20 11:04 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You are wrong-my income is not guaranteed-nothing is guaranteed.
My income is a return on investment from when I worked and sacrificed part of my income for several decades.If the stock market crashes-no more income.
its not free money from the government for doing nothing like you get in Alaska.

Last edited by Boco; 03/30/20 11:07 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823862
03/30/20 11:09 PM
03/30/20 11:09 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
A bunch of people watching a sermon at the same time sitting here n their homes is NOT the same as meeting in person. If you watch a sermon in your home, that is NOT "going to church". The church is the group of people that go to the building and meet together. If you don't meet with the people, you don't meet with the church. If every member of T-man eats lunch at exactly 12:00 tomorrow, would we say we all ate lunch together? Of course not, because we weren't together. In the same line of thinking, watching a sermon at the same time as other people does not mean you did church together. There's nothing wrong with watching a sermon at home, but it's no different than watching a teaching on YouTube, or listening to a podcast. Its not the same as meeting in person with other believers.

In any case, it's not up to the government to tell me how to meet with other believers. If a government official tells me I can't meet in person but I can meet online, that amounts to a government official telling me how to practice my religion.

So your 'church' and belief is dependent on a building ??

The IRS will have a problem with that as well as Muddyriverdogs.

What if ...because of fire hazard.....the Forest Service restricts your access to the forest. Are you going to ignore that also ? Is that telling you how you can/should recreate ?

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823863
03/30/20 11:11 PM
03/30/20 11:11 PM
WI
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper
WIMarshRAT  Offline
trapper

WI
I have been enjoying all the different online services by all the local churches here. About time they try to reach the masses again instead of putting their congregation in danger.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823867
03/30/20 11:15 PM
03/30/20 11:15 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Online content
"American Honey"
Sharon  Online Content
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.

Sigh.......it IS meeting together, online. Every religion who is doing this worldwide sees the logic of this,.if yours is so local it doesn't know this, others do who are organized worldwide .....along with everyone else who speaks by phone, face time , zoom or Skype to their loved ones without being with them, or via an online conference- as big business corporations do. That is as true as the grandmother loving to see and hear her grandchildren encouraging her via Skype or other wise.

If you cant see the live action in all of that, at least see the apostle Paul's letters- all his writings- that he said meant as much to the building up of the congregations as in person.

But if you need to save face - no reasoning will suffice .

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823873
03/30/20 11:19 PM
03/30/20 11:19 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
X2

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823879
03/30/20 11:21 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Same arguments anti-gunners use.

" it's for the good of society "

" when it happens to one of yours you'll feel different"

I'm torn on this one, what's next, tracking devises?

Cuomo just signed by executive order that landlords can't evict someone for failing to pay rent. Only a dirtbag would throw someone out right now if they couldn't pay rent, but beyond that is the taking of yet another piece of freedom.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823880
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

You start a thread, you don't answer questions, you keep saying the same thing over and over. I have said what I believe is my best to help you and your family and I wish you well. I'll leave you with this. You can have your own service at home, a sermon and fellowship with your family. You can do many things that please God without possibly hurting others. Read the Bible and talk to God, ask him for guidance. I personally don't believe any God would want you to feel this way. I will pray for you and yours.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823881
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
People not following the guidelines will end up causing much more suffering for everyone....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6823892
03/30/20 11:26 PM
03/30/20 11:26 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by white17

So your 'church' and belief is dependent on a building ??

The IRS will have a problem with that as well as Muddyriverdogs.

What if ...because of fire hazard.....the Forest Service restricts your access to the forest. Are you going to ignore that also ? Is that telling you how you can/should recreate ?

It happens quite offten ..... Forest Diservice restricting access because of a so called fire hazard ........always trying to save us from ourselves

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: hippie] #6823896
03/30/20 11:30 PM
03/30/20 11:30 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by hippie
Same arguments anti-gunners use.

" it's for the good of society "

" when it happens to one of yours you'll feel different"

I'm torn on this one, what's next, tracking devises?

Cuomo just signed by executive order that landlords can't evict someone for failing to pay rent. Only a dirtbag would throw someone out right now if they couldn't pay rent, but beyond that is the taking of yet another piece of freedom.

And some of those " evil landlords " rely on that income to survive ............gov picking the winners and losers

Last edited by AntiGov; 03/30/20 11:31 PM.

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread