No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: Marty] #6823898
03/30/20 11:32 PM
03/30/20 11:32 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
At the briefing the president did state that models showed 1-2 million plus would die in the USA if we did none of the preventative measures. He was hoping to keep that to 100-200K in his presentation. How effective have been or will be our current measures we won't know until June or later. We got a very late start in being serious on what we should do or were willing to do so that lapse has been and will be costly in many ways but that is behind us now and we deal with the reality we have. About the only way we will lessen the real horror of this first wave of he virus is that we have the research and science and the dollars to quickly discover abatement strategies or drugs that reduce severity. We have not taken serious the social distancing for the most part so the virus will be everywhere. We need to find ways to save the seriously ill from dying if we can. We are getting a handle on the incubation times but we are uncertain how long the virus can live in certain environments and without knowing who is positive and who is not we are basically just guessing and we will be for a long time if we have only test 1 million people in the USA. That is .3% of the population so those that carry the disease and don't know it may number in the tens of millions and many of those feel their freedoms are being taken from them if they are told or ordered to do what governments and institutions tell them what to do. We have had some of the most drastic self distancing and stoppages from private sector firms etc. and even the non government pleading goes unheaded by millions.
If we had ample supplies of equipment I would wear a mask every time I left to do an errand but that is denying those that really need the protection during times of severe shortage.

Bryce

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: hippie] #6823900
03/30/20 11:35 PM
03/30/20 11:35 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by Marty
Most people cannot really understand the implications of something doubling every 3-4 days. Takes a while to get to 60,000 but when you do it is then @ 1 million within 2 weeks.

They're reporting the cases have DROPPED 2 days in a row. In what world is that doubling?

I should say it this way.... The talking head doctor said "amount of new cases". Also dropping in China and S.Korea.

The amount of cases has dropped because they are out of tests. The amount of dead is still doubling.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: 52Carl] #6823904
03/30/20 11:37 PM
03/30/20 11:37 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
My wife has a compromised immune system, she was exposed at work, she now has a fever, headache,sore throat and a cough. She didnt come home from work, she got a Hotel so she wouldnt make me sick as I am coming off a suspected case of blastomycosis (caused by breathing in fungal spores) and have been very sick.

Its easy to take a cynical look at it until you realize the effects it can have on you personally.

You bring up a great point. More needs to be done to protect those with pre-existing conditions which put them at severe risk. To rely on young people to stay away from crowds will never happen in my opinion.
I sincerely wish you and yours the best of luck with your current situation.

It is a good point. When essential businesses are being forced to stay open with no option for unpaid leave, and paid leave only available to confirmed cases.... it is exposing a lot of very high risk people those workers come home to.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: Poorcoon] #6823909
03/30/20 11:42 PM
03/30/20 11:42 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by hippie
Most people cannot really understand the implications of something doubling every 3-4 days. Takes a while to get to 60,000 but when you do it is then @ 1 million within 2 weeks.

They're reporting the cases have DROPPED 2 days in a row. In what world is that doubling?

I should say it this way.... The talking head doctor said "amount of new cases". Also dropping in China and S.Korea.

The amount of cases has dropped because they are out of tests. The amount of dead is still doubling.
Originally Posted by Poorcoon
Everybody is at high risk from dying from the common flu and pneumonia are the same people that are at high risk from dying from covid-19.. They estimate slightly higher death toll in the United States than the common flu. Is everybody sure there's a big difference here?

Slightly higher? 0.02% vs 2% is a bit more than slightly, lol. Guess math isn't your strong suit?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: Marty] #6823914
03/30/20 11:44 PM
03/30/20 11:44 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky

Ok I looked at yesterdays numbers (as reported) around 2500 dead. Todays numbers around 2900. That is 400 new deaths and is NOT doubling per day even in CNN math!!!!
We had no deaths yesterday in KY but 2 today . 1 was an 88 year old with congestive heart failure. The other was a 90 year old female with chronhic breathing issues. I feel for the family's pain.
But really 1 million ???
I wasn't talking about Trump but some uninformed RETIRED Dr who was doing the SAME math some on here want to use. THE deaths are not guaranteed to rise at the same rate each day . IF it is why do anything ?

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: bblwi] #6823916
03/30/20 11:46 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by bblwi
At the briefing the president did state that models showed 1-2 million plus would die in the USA if we did none of the preventative measures. He was hoping to keep that to 100-200K in his presentation. How effective have been or will be our current measures we won't know until June or later. We got a very late start in being serious on what we should do or were willing to do so that lapse has been and will be costly in many ways but that is behind us now and we deal with the reality we have. About the only way we will lessen the real horror of this first wave of he virus is that we have the research and science and the dollars to quickly discover abatement strategies or drugs that reduce severity. We have not taken serious the social distancing for the most part so the virus will be everywhere. We need to find ways to save the seriously ill from dying if we can. We are getting a handle on the incubation times but we are uncertain how long the virus can live in certain environments and without knowing who is positive and who is not we are basically just guessing and we will be for a long time if we have only test 1 million people in the USA. That is .3% of the population so those that carry the disease and don't know it may number in the tens of millions and many of those feel their freedoms are being taken from them if they are told or ordered to do what governments and institutions tell them what to do. We have had some of the most drastic self distancing and stoppages from private sector firms etc. and even the non government pleading goes unheaded by millions.
If we had ample supplies of equipment I would wear a mask every time I left to do an errand but that is denying those that really need the protection during times of severe shortage.

Bryce

No one is taking social distancing seriously. I've worked at Lowe's for 3 years now in the garden center and Saturday was the busiest day of those 3 years to date.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6823917
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by jbyrd63

Ok I looked at yesterdays numbers (as reported) around 2500 dead. Todays numbers around 2900. That is 400 new deaths and is NOT doubling per day even in CNN math!!!!
We had no deaths yesterday in KY but 2 today . 1 was an 88 year old with congestive heart failure. The other was a 90 year old female with chronhic breathing issues. I feel for the family's pain.
But really 1 million ???
I wasn't talking about Trump but some uninformed RETIRED Dr who was doing the SAME math some on here want to use. THE deaths are not guaranteed to rise at the same rate each day . IF it is why do anything ?

I never said it was doubling every day....but the # of deaths in the USA is at least doubling every 3-4 days as I said it was......

Last edited by Marty; 03/30/20 11:48 PM.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6823940
03/31/20 12:04 AM
03/31/20 12:04 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
OUT OF TEST where ? Every where that is reporting they SAY they are going to need more test not that they are out. They just told they are making 50,000 test a day just one the 3-4 hour result one. The 2-3 day lab test are still running wide open

THE mask problem ? Trump questioned it today "where are all the mask going" Good question. They say we have to change every time we see an INFECTED patient. OVER 300 thousand mask have been shipped this week alone. Where are they ? What about the ones that were already on hand? Something doesn't ad up BUT there are 160,000 total cases over the last month. The mask are being made none stop everywhere..

OK some on here my think i'm am just blowing this off. MY ONLY point is were are the numbers. 160,000 cases in the US . 80% won't know they have much more than a cold.128,000 with cold symptoms. 160,000 -128,000 =32,000 people NATION WIDE that will need medical treatment THE EXPERTS say only 20% of the ones needing med treatment will be hospitalized 32,000 -25,600= 6,400 people in the hospital at one time IN THE ENTIRE NATION. these numbers are approximate of course. Also subtract the number of people who have died because they are no longer using a hospital bed.
What is over running the hospitals is the fear of having it. Young healthy people sneeze and act as if the black plague has pecked on their window !!!
Just how sick is a person that can STAND in a line for 4 hours to be tested. REALLY ? I don't think I have it but my back wouldn't let me stand for 4 hours !!!!!
THATS why the test are being used up !!! That's why ER are over run . ARE THERE SICK folks ?darn right!!! but what's all this doomsday logic when the CDC's own numbers don't make sense.....

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6823944
03/31/20 12:10 AM
03/31/20 12:10 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
2,700,000 die every year in the US

I doubt cv19 increases that number by 1

Report a post club - Non member

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6823947
03/31/20 12:14 AM
03/31/20 12:14 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky

◦Everything we do now (procure ventilators etc) is in preparation for possible apex (when curve hits the highest point)
◦Apex in New York is estimated in 14-21 days from now
◦We'll keep COVID-19 patients separated from the other patients in hospitals
◦We can now test for antibodies to determine whether a person had COVID-19. This is a blood test
◦172 new ICU admission in the last day, vs. 374 in the preceding day, may indicate a decline in the growth rate
◦155,934 people tested in New York State
◦We need a faster testing process. Can't wait 5 days as it is now. Other countries now also have home tests. We should do the same

From gov Cuomo notice the ICU admissions LESS than half from day before

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6823952
03/31/20 12:20 AM
03/31/20 12:20 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The total for 2020 could easily be 4 million.....not 2.7 million. Too many people not taking this seriously and it is spreading very rapidly.....I wish Kansas would close its borders.....Gov asked anyone coming from Colorado to self quarantine for 2 weeks but that's a joke.....shut the borders down, Trump should shut down travel out of the N/East....

You need to beat this now because if it takes all 2020 to do that we will be in another great depression.....but 'suggested' stay @ home and quarantines will not be enough to get folks to do those things until it really gets bad and then it will be too late.....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6823959
03/31/20 12:25 AM
03/31/20 12:25 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
How about posting the NEGATIVE covid test!!! Let's get some REAL data to anaylize .

New York ALONE has tested over 165,000 people with 67,000 cases positive.. And people want to wonder why the test are hard to find ..................

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6823961
03/31/20 12:26 AM
03/31/20 12:26 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I'm sure someone else already pointed this out, but the 1 million dead is the worst case scenario if we don't do anything , well we are doing something; social distancing, shut-downs, etc.. So that 1 million figure is no longer on the table.

Of course that number is still being thrown around by MSNBC and other folks who actually want that to be the death number so that they can blame Trump. Pretty sick people.

Regarding shutting down State borders; I don't think the Federal Government (President) can do that; only Governors.

Last edited by waggler; 03/31/20 12:56 AM.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6823968
03/31/20 12:32 AM
03/31/20 12:32 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
In the example above about masks and equipment then the writer of that post assumes that no PPE or masks, vents or other equipment is being used on all the other non CV 19 patients? We frequently see the number 2.7 million die each year in the USA and most times it is used to state that CV19 is not a problem, but if the 7400 that die every day in the USA and many do in hospitals then patient loads can become overwhelming quickly. If we have been losing 2-3 million per year then our system has been tailored for those expectations and the warnings of how to deal with rapid and large increases of illness were not headed then the outcome we are experiencing is what we should anticipate it to be. By the time this first critical wave is over we will have stockpiles of all sorts of equipment, much of which was unavailable at the critical need time. We can boast about or productivity but we should not about our planning and preparation. It does not matter how well you take care of the fish in the bowl for 364 days if you let it go dry one day the fish dies.

Bryce

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: bblwi] #6824038
03/31/20 06:09 AM
03/31/20 06:09 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by bblwi
In the example above about masks and equipment then the writer of that post assumes that no PPE or masks, vents or other equipment is being used on all the other non CV 19 patients? We frequently see the number 2.7 million die each year in the USA and most times it is used to state that CV19 is not a problem, but if the 7400 that die every day in the USA and many do in hospitals then patient loads can become overwhelming quickly. If we have been losing 2-3 million per year then our system has been tailored for those expectations and the warnings of how to deal with rapid and large increases of illness were not headed then the outcome we are experiencing is what we should anticipate it to be. By the time this first critical wave is over we will have stockpiles of all sorts of equipment, much of which was unavailable at the critical need time. We can boast about or productivity but we should not about our planning and preparation. It does not matter how well you take care of the fish in the bowl for 364 days if you let it go dry one day the fish dies.

Bryce

A lot of the same people that are dying from the virus would probably pass from the other severe conditions that prevented them from fighting the virus off. No way to forecast that number.

-Goofy-
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6824089
03/31/20 07:52 AM
03/31/20 07:52 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
My wife went to the hospital last night and she does not have Covid, thank you for those who offered prayers/support.

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6824115
03/31/20 08:14 AM
03/31/20 08:14 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
My wife went to the hospital last night and she does not have Covid, thank you for those who offered prayers/support.

Great news, glad to hear.

As far as people quoting numbers, other than those that test positive and number of deaths, there is yet not enough data to draw any conclusions.

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6824144
03/31/20 08:39 AM
03/31/20 08:39 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Within the last two days CBS was caught showing video of a hospital in Italy and trying to pass it of as a NYC hospital. But we're supposed to believe everything the news media says? A news media that most thinking people know has been lying to us for years.

Eh...wot?

Re: 1 million dead? [Re: Lugnut] #6824163
03/31/20 09:08 AM
03/31/20 09:08 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Within the last two days CBS was caught showing video of a hospital in Italy and trying to pass it of as a NYC hospital. But we're supposed to believe everything the news media says? A news media that most thinking people know has been lying to us for years.

Are you sure?

lol

-Goofy-
Re: 1 million dead? [Re: jbyrd63] #6824168
03/31/20 09:11 AM
03/31/20 09:11 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper