No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823987
03/31/20 01:07 AM
03/31/20 01:07 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Dont forget Sambo's resturant ....lol

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823989
03/31/20 01:09 AM
03/31/20 01:09 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Oh riiiiiiiigght !! I do remember that !!

Well I suppose we've hijacked Goose's thread enough for one night !!

Fun to reminisce without having to be there !

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823990
03/31/20 01:11 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Wasnt puddingstone a small man made lake / swim hole with steel slides into the water , and a nasty overcrowded beach ?

Or am i thinking of something else ?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6823991
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by white17
Oh riiiiiiiigght !! I do remember that !!

Well I suppose we've hijacked Goose's thread enough for one night !!

Fun to reminisce without having to be there !

Roger that

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6823996
03/31/20 01:34 AM
03/31/20 01:34 AM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Many good things that has had us led to the appreciative places we have found .

And the depth we see in goals we will meet . Everything else is unfocused static . To see the gems sparkling in our timeline is all we need.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Sharon] #6823997
03/31/20 01:38 AM
03/31/20 01:38 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Sharon
Many good things that has had us led to the appreciative places we have found .

And the depth we see in goals we will meet . Everything else is unfocused static . To see the gems sparkling in our timeline is all we need.

True story

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824005
03/31/20 02:26 AM
03/31/20 02:26 AM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin
Getting back to LG original post.... I often wondered how Our Lord would view these mega churches when the Second Coming arrives.

I attended one in Minnesota, several times, at a friends request. Both he and his wife were big time "arm wavers" and liked the pastor... Mac Hammond. Now a service at this church was a real New York production. A band that could put Elvis's Hawaii tour musicians to shame. A great choir and awesome speakers. The underlying message I got out of Mac's sermon was the "God wants us to be successful and wealthy".

My friend said that he made a tithe to the church of 20% of his earnings. When the market crashed in '98, he was unable to give but a small pittance to them, but was chastised for going back on his original pledge.
He was shunned by those in the inner circle, of which he was originally part of.

Seems to me like some churches have lost sight of what a house of worship should be about. I remember a great movie..... If I remember correctly it was called Leap of Faith, with Steve Martin. He plays an evangelical preacher who pedals his bogus cures to reap big donations. The movie ends with him getting stuck in a small Kansas town where a miracle actually takes place.

Born and raised Catholic.... Yeah, I heard all the Catholic priest abuse jokes, but my church now is watching a trout "tail out" a redd in our stream or watch a grouse drag her one wing on the ground, when you come upon her on a spring hike. Must be babies near... Watch your step!

Getting back to the abuse thing...... After attending Catholic school for 12 years in the late 40's, well if nuns were included in these "abuse" cases, I'd be a millionaire.

"I'm an old dog, and these are all new tricks!"
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: waggler] #6824006
03/31/20 02:55 AM
03/31/20 02:55 AM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Originally Posted by waggler
If they were just clamping down on religious services I would be worried. The case now though is they are cracking down on everyone. I there was a Joe Biden rally and they turned a blind eye to that, yet stopped a church service, then we would have a constitutional issue.

Regardless of the law this preacher is showing blatant disregard for the health of his church members, possibly for a boost to his proud ego.

Our church last Sunday held our service over Zoom Meeting an internet App. It was great, that was a surprise to me since I'm not a big tech fan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824035
03/31/20 05:56 AM
03/31/20 05:56 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa

No need for the insult. Just asking if that is what you meant. You said no. Thanks.[/quote]

I was serious.[/quote

Me too. You answered my question. Thank you.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Marty] #6824041
03/31/20 06:15 AM
03/31/20 06:15 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Originally Posted by Marty
People not following the guidelines will end up causing much more suffering for everyone....

Yep..

Was this the church that now has 41 people testing positive for covid? Or a different church ( that wasn't taking it seriously)?

Most every other church has found a way to get the messages out without endangering their entire congregation.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824050
03/31/20 07:00 AM
03/31/20 07:00 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Our seminary cancelled on-site class, and in-house daily chapel service even before the orders came to do so. DTS, and other world-leading non-denominational seminaries came to the same conclusion fairly quickly. We are now all online from this point until ???

Everyone I interact with daily from Dallas Theological Seminary (professors, staff, students) realize that this isn't optimal, but there are times when we as followers of Christ should be an example; salt, and light, to the world. Churches should be the very first to protect brothers and sisters, whatever that may look like.

It's not a earthly political or freedom America theme.
It's a biblical calling to serve your brother and sister and guard them.

Helping to protect "other" people's lives isn't selfish, it's biblical.
Many know Matthew 22:39, where Jesus answered the religious Jews who asked the greatest of commands, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," but Christ who came to fulfill the Law knew the Hebrew Scriptures intimately so Jesus knew that He answered the religious Sadducees quoting the words spoken by God to Moses in the Hebrew text; Leviticus 19:18, "You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord."

We as followers of Christ should never put "my rights and privileges" above our concerns over others. If we do, please don't quote your Bible, because your hermeneutics and interpretation skills need a Divine reset.

Unselfishness and righteous (opposite of self-righteous) behavior is not common in society, but the redemptive way has been made available as a choice to each of us... by the One who described it as a narrow, not well traveled path.
Mercifully some are allowed on it by choice, not by good deeds or cash or any host of false means.

Blessings y'all
Mark

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824055
03/31/20 07:10 AM
03/31/20 07:10 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Millions of people are going to work, getting ready for work, getting out of bed to work and already at work, right now as I write this. They are all going to mingle with millions of other people. More millions of children than the millions of adults going to work are going to mingle with millions of other children and millions of adults who drop off and pick up kids at daycares all over the nation. That is all perfectly fine.

When 30 of those people who all work together, get together outside of work to celebrate one of thems birthday, or peaceably assemble at a church, or take those kids to park to mingle instead of a daycare, why they are just irresponsible jerks doing their best kill old people and kids with asthma. I say put them in prison to mingle with only a few thousand and slow the spread of this virus.

Anybody that decides to use a TV set for target practice is clearly unhinged and should be redflagged.

Who yells fire in a theater that has fire alarms? Does it really cause a panic?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: ] #6824062
03/31/20 07:22 AM
03/31/20 07:22 AM
KY
ksp107 Offline
trapper
ksp107  Offline
trapper

KY
Originally Posted by Mark June
Our seminary cancelled on-site class, and in-house daily chapel service even before the orders came to do so. DTS, and other world-leading non-denominational seminaries came to the same conclusion fairly quickly. We are now all online from this point until ???

Everyone I interact with daily from Dallas Theological Seminary (professors, staff, students) realize that this isn't optimal, but there are times when we as followers of Christ should be an example; salt, and light, to the world. Churches should be the very first to protect brothers and sisters, whatever that may look like.

It's not a earthly political or freedom America theme.
It's a biblical calling to serve your brother and sister and guard them.

Helping to protect "other" people's lives isn't selfish, it's biblical.
Many know Matthew 22:39, where Jesus answered the religious Jews who asked the greatest of commands, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," but Christ who came to fulfill the Law knew the Hebrew Scriptures intimately so Jesus knew that He answered the religious Sadducees quoting the words spoken by God to Moses in the Hebrew text; Leviticus 19:18, "You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord."

We as followers of Christ should never put "my rights and privileges" above our concerns over others. If we do, please don't quote your Bible, because your hermeneutics and interpretation skills need a Divine reset.

Unselfishness and righteous (opposite of self-righteous) behavior is not common in society, but the redemptive way has been described to all of us... by the One who designed it as narrow, not well traveled.
Mercifully some are allowed on it by choice, not by good deeds or cash or any host of false means.

Blessings y'all
Mark

Wonderful post Mark!

A quote from the movie "Cool Hand Luke"...... "Some people, you just can't reach"

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6824099
03/31/20 08:00 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by loosegoose
A bunch of people watching a sermon at the same time sitting here n their homes is NOT the same as meeting in person. If you watch a sermon in your home, that is NOT "going to church". The church is the group of people that go to the building and meet together. If you don't meet with the people, you don't meet with the church. If every member of T-man eats lunch at exactly 12:00 tomorrow, would we say we all ate lunch together? Of course not, because we weren't together. In the same line of thinking, watching a sermon at the same time as other people does not mean you did church together. There's nothing wrong with watching a sermon at home, but it's no different than watching a teaching on YouTube, or listening to a podcast. Its not the same as meeting in person with other believers.

In any case, it's not up to the government to tell me how to meet with other believers. If a government official tells me I can't meet in person but I can meet online, that amounts to a government official telling me how to practice my religion.

So your 'church' and belief is dependent on a building ??

The IRS will have a problem with that as well as Muddyriverdogs.

What if ...because of fire hazard.....the Forest Service restricts your access to the forest. Are you going to ignore that also ? Is that telling you how you can/should recreate ?

Exactly the opposite. The church is not the building, it's the group of people that meet anywhere. I feel like there's too much relying on a building and one dude to do all the teaching today. The early church met every single day in each other's homes and shared a meal together, which is why we're meeting in our home and having a meal.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Catch22] #6824101
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by loosegoose
A bunch of people watching a sermon at the same time sitting here n their homes is NOT the same as meeting in person. If you watch a sermon in your home, that is NOT "going to church". The church is the group of people that go to the building and meet together. If you don't meet with the people, you don't meet with the church. If every member of T-man eats lunch at exactly 12:00 tomorrow, would we say we all ate lunch together? Of course not, because we weren't together. In the same line of thinking, watching a sermon at the same time as other people does not mean you did church together. There's nothing wrong with watching a sermon at home, but it's no different than watching a teaching on YouTube, or listening to a podcast. Its not the same as meeting in person with other believers.

In any case, it's not up to the government to tell me how to meet with other believers. If a government official tells me I can't meet in person but I can meet online, that amounts to a government official telling me how to practice my religion.

You start a thread, you don't answer questions, you keep saying the same thing over and over. I have said what I believe is my best to help you and your family and I wish you well. I'll leave you with this. You can have your own service at home, a sermon and fellowship with your family. You can do many things that please God without possibly hurting others. Read the Bible and talk to God, ask him for guidance. I personally don't believe any God would want you to feel this way. I will pray for you and yours.

What questions have I not answered?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824109
03/31/20 08:10 AM
03/31/20 08:10 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

ksp,
The pandemic of a bug is one issue.
The pandemic of sin heightened during times of societal stress is bigger than any bug.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824134
03/31/20 08:26 AM
03/31/20 08:26 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
What about all the millions of people going to work today. Taking their kids to a daycare. Some of those people working are in factories, distribution centers and warehouses with hundreds of people all coming into contact with each other. Why are you folks ignoring them??????????? Shouldn't they have to stay home also? How long before they too start dropping like wasps sprayed with carb cleaner? I am thinking it should happen any day now.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824141
03/31/20 08:36 AM
03/31/20 08:36 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
What about all the millions of people going to work today. Taking their kids to a daycare. Some of those people working are in factories, distribution centers and warehouses with hundreds of people all coming into contact with each other. Why are you folks ignoring them??????????? Shouldn't they have to stay home also? How long before they too start dropping like wasps sprayed with carb cleaner? I am thinking it should happen any day now.

Not certain I folla ya.
Are you concerned about your fellow man & woman?
Or trying to prove a point?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824143
03/31/20 08:37 AM
03/31/20 08:37 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
you answer first mark june

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824169
03/31/20 09:11 AM
03/31/20 09:11 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
you answer first mark june

You may have already done so.