No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824174
03/31/20 09:15 AM
03/31/20 09:15 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Two of the people who hat were in our small group were recovering drug addicts. They had been coming for a couple months, had made a decision for Christ, and we're baptised the week before the church building closed. How sincere their commitment was, nobody knows I guess, but if I had to guess, probably not very, but at least they were coming and learning. But as soon as "church" closed, they just gave up. For them as brand new church goers, the building was church as far as they were concerned, and the dude that stands up front was the only one that did the teaching and ministering. After "church" closed, they kept communicating for a while, but never came to our home church. Once we offered to host narcotics anonymous in our basement because the church that had the meetings closed, they quit communicating with everyone in our group, except to tell one guy they "have other stuff going on". So now these two guys are probably lost again because as far as they were concerned "church" just gave up and shut down just like the rest of the world and gave up on them.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824179
03/31/20 09:21 AM
03/31/20 09:21 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
No worries Loosegoose. Its illegal to assemble now so drug addicts are just all going to stay home. They wont be able to buy drugs. Homeless people won't share needles or poop in the gutter either. They are staying in their tents and cardboard boxes. Pooping in dumpsters while maintaining their 6 foot distance from each other. Im not sure how they are keeping other peoples poo off their feet but they must be doing something. Thats why the homeless are not clogging up the emergency rooms.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824190
03/31/20 09:30 AM
03/31/20 09:30 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
No worries Loosegoose. Its illegal to assemble now so drug addicts are just all going to stay home. They wont be able to buy drugs. Homeless people won't share needles or poop in the gutter either. They are staying in their tents and cardboard boxes. Pooping in dumpsters while maintaining their 6 foot distance from each other. Im not sure how they are keeping other peoples poo off their feet but they must be doing something. Thats why the homeless are not clogging up the emergency rooms.

I just opened this because I have been staying off the computer. I knew I would find you being cynical on this thread. Can't help yourself can you Danny? Are you working or still hiding and hunkering down like a tick. You and several others on here have really shown your (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) here the last few weeks. The transparency is a good thing. Knowing those who can't play well with others because they are to selfish is actually a good thing really. You have had nothing but argument in this crisis. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824195
03/31/20 09:33 AM
03/31/20 09:33 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
LLL you are a real piece of work. Where have I said dont hunker down like a tick?????????? Quit putting words in my mouth its getting on my last nerve.

WHAT I"M SAYING IS DON"T TOSS THE BILL OF RIGHTS OUT THE WINDOW

Freedom is a good thing even when its scary

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824200
03/31/20 09:39 AM
03/31/20 09:39 AM
PA Venango Co.
R
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper
Ron Marsh  Offline
trapper
R

PA Venango Co.
The church doors may be closed here. but we have found ways to worship and serve. Services by TV, Facebook and other social media, food by bag instead of sit down. Need to break out this week and go to a doctor, the battery for my tremor control (Deep Brain Simulator) is near dead and needs to be replaced.
Prayer for you my friends.

PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-516-2923
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824203
03/31/20 09:40 AM
03/31/20 09:40 AM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline
trapper
BuckMink  Offline
trapper

Ohio

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824204
03/31/20 09:41 AM
03/31/20 09:41 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Speaking of putting yourself and others in danger......
Another woman that was attending our small group is a brand new christian, and her commitment seems sincere. She's a single mom, just broke up with her boyfriend and moved out, and in a rough place in life. She was a waitress and lost her job at the same time the "church" closed, and was having a really rough time with it. Nobody would go visit her, not her family, not her new church friends, nobody. My wife went over to her house and visited, and this woman said it made a huge difference. She was really struggling with her faith, and feeling like the church just gave up on her because of a germ, but she held on to her faith because someone (my wife) was still willing to visit her. A week and 4 days after my wife went to visit her, this woman was presumed positive for covid19. (We're past the two week time by the way) Obviously my wife, by going to visit her, put our entire family at risk, and the risk was very real as this woman is now sitting at home sick. Was it worth the risk? Absolutely! This woman likely would have just given up had no one made the effort with her. Now my wife is dripping off groceries on her porch, because no one else will. Should we just abondon this woman, because she's sick? Or would the Christian thing to do be to take a chance and minister to her?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824215
03/31/20 09:51 AM
03/31/20 09:51 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
So the right to assemble peacefully is unimportant rambling?

Just because you have a right to do something doesnt mean you have to do it.

With all the millions still working, all the millions of kids in daycare, THIS VIRUS IS STILL GOING TO SPREAD. If you are in questionable health you need to stay home. If your healthy and your family is healthy and you CHOOSE to assemble it is your right. Recognized by the first amendment.

With all the talk on here about defending the 2nd amendment I am astounded at how many think tossing out the first is a wonderful idea.

I will never apologize for sticking up for the constitution and its recognition of individual liberties. I will never back down from it either. It is important to me. I am not giving up my liberty to anyone.

No lll I am not working. I have turned down full time work. I dont want to work except part time now. I am not giving my word to work even when I don't want to. I am hoping I have 20 years of life left and I am going to spend those years doing what I want to do. No more putting the needs of a business above my own.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: LLtrapper] #6824262
03/31/20 10:44 AM
03/31/20 10:44 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Originally Posted by LLtrapper

I just opened this because I have been staying off the computer. I knew I would find you being cynical on this thread. Can't help yourself can you Danny? Are you working or still hiding and hunkering down like a tick. You and several others on here have really shown your (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) here the last few weeks. The transparency is a good thing. Knowing those who can't play well with others because they are to selfish is actually a good thing really. You have had nothing but argument in this crisis. LLL

I believe one could accurately say this country was founded by,"those who don't play well with others". Maybe they were "too selfish" too!
MT

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: ] #6824274
03/31/20 10:55 AM
03/31/20 10:55 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by CaptGus
Just an observation. Have any of you actually watched this Pastor, Rodney Howard Browne? The man makes a mockery of Christianity. Services include laughing uncontrollably while rolling on the floor, barking like dogs, back and forth glossalia with another fake preacher as if they were telling jokes. I wish they would chain his doors shut.
Look him up!

Really? The government should chain the doors shut on a religious institution because they don't practice true Christianity? Who cares if he's a nut job? It's not the government's job to tell him how to practice his religion. That is the entire point I'm trying to make.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824281
03/31/20 10:59 AM
03/31/20 10:59 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Another woman that was attending our small group is a brand new christian, and her commitment seems sincere. She's a single mom, just broke up with her boyfriend and moved out, and in a rough place in life. She was a waitress and lost her job at the same time the "church" closed, and was having a really rough time with it. Nobody would go visit her, not her family, not her new church friends, nobody. My wife went over to her house and visited, and this woman said it made a huge difference. She was really struggling with her faith, and feeling like the church just gave up on her because of a germ, but she held on to her faith because someone (my wife) was still willing to visit her. A week and 4 days after my wife went to visit her, this woman was presumed positive for covid19. (We're past the two week time by the way) Obviously my wife, by going to visit her, put our entire family at risk, and the risk was very real as this woman is now sitting at home sick. Was it worth the risk? Absolutely! This woman likely would have just given up had no one made the effort with her. Now my wife is dripping off groceries on her porch, because no one else will. Should we just abondon this woman, because she's sick? Or would the Christian thing to do be to take a chance and minister to her?

Seems you have switched from the subject of having a huge crowd now to a one on one. Even if you are limited to a crowd of 10 you still aren't limited in your work. There is still 24 hrs in a day, unless somehow now you think the sun will stand still for you. Somehow i discern that you kinda believe in pyramid building. I could be mistaking but are you not the one that was advocating having lots of kids to finance social security in the future? And now you are advocating people risk their children and their older parents by assembling together and then go off in their community bearing good gifts. You can't gain Gods' good grace by throwing the children in the fire. And besides that throwing them in the fire is putting your future social security in jeopardy.
This thread seems to have came along way from a gathering of a huge crowd down to saving one sick woman, Ok that's your saving face even if it is along way from where you began. Carry on !

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824295
03/31/20 11:14 AM
03/31/20 11:14 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Settle down everyone
Now everybody sing-Jesus loves me.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824299
03/31/20 11:21 AM
03/31/20 11:21 AM
Colesburg, Iowa 52035
M
MINK I LOVE Offline
trapper
MINK I LOVE  Offline
trapper
M

Colesburg, Iowa 52035
Jesus Loves Me yes I know,Cause the Bible tells Me so--who's next?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Foxpaw] #6824330
03/31/20 11:45 AM
03/31/20 11:45 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Seems you have switched from the subject of having a huge crowd now to a one on one. Even if you are limited to a crowd of 10 you still aren't limited in your work. There is still 24 hrs in a day, unless somehow now you think the sun will stand still for you. Somehow i discern that you kinda believe in pyramid building. I could be mistaking but are you not the one that was advocating having lots of kids to finance social security in the future? And now you are advocating people risk their children and their older parents by assembling together and then go off in their community bearing good gifts. You can't gain Gods' good grace by throwing the children in the fire. And besides that throwing them in the fire is putting your future social security in jeopardy.
This thread seems to have came along way from a gathering of a huge crowd down to saving one sick woman, Ok that's your saving face even if it is along way from where you began. Carry on !

Huh? It's two separate but related things I'm speaking about.
Thing #1: I believe it's still good to gather with other believers. I've never said anything about gathering in big groups; our home group has been 12 people.
Thing #2: it's good to take risks to continue ministering people. My wife took a chance ministering to a woman who ended up being presumed positive with covid19 a few days later, which yes, put our family at risk, it because she took a chance this woman is not just giving up. Sometimes you can't minister to people over the intertwebs, you have to meet them and take a risk. Some of these people are babies in their faith and will just give up if no one makes an effort for them.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824335
03/31/20 11:50 AM
03/31/20 11:50 AM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline
trapper
BuckMink  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by CaptGus
Just an observation. Have any of you actually watched this Pastor, Rodney Howard Browne? The man makes a mockery of Christianity. Services include laughing uncontrollably while rolling on the floor, barking like dogs, back and forth glossalia with another fake preacher as if they were telling jokes. I wish they would chain his doors shut.
Look him up!

Really? The government should chain the doors shut on a religious institution because they don't practice true Christianity? Who cares if he's a nut job? It's not the government's job to tell him how to practice his religion. That is the entire point I'm trying to make.

who cares that he is a nut job? its all about the gospel! false teachers leading others to an eternity in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). I CARE!!

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824356
03/31/20 12:13 PM
03/31/20 12:13 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Originally Posted by danny clifton
So the right to assemble peacefully is unimportant rambling?

Just because you have a right to do something doesnt mean you have to do it.

With all the millions still working, all the millions of kids in daycare, THIS VIRUS IS STILL GOING TO SPREAD. If you are in questionable health you need to stay home. If your healthy and your family is healthy and you CHOOSE to assemble it is your right. Recognized by the first amendment.

With all the talk on here about defending the 2nd amendment I am astounded at how many think tossing out the first is a wonderful idea.

I will never apologize for sticking up for the constitution and its recognition of individual liberties. I will never back down from it either. It is important to me. I am not giving up my liberty to anyone.

No lll I am not working. I have turned down full time work. I dont want to work except part time now. I am not giving my word to work even when I don't want to. I am hoping I have 20 years of life left and I am going to spend those years doing what I want to do. No more putting the needs of a business above my own.

Danny, help me out here:

You hate it when the common man is helped out by our government to try and stop this virus dead in it's tracks, you hate it when people are told not to congregate to try and stop this virus dead in it's tracks, you talk about the millions and millions working and in daycare [Christ !!] and, yet - you don't even work full time - or even part time - unless you want too ??

Must be nice !!

No wonder you feel the way you do, it must be great being able to avoid contact with other humans for the most part - by choice.....

But I'm with you - I just last week walked off the job, after 33 solid years - with no intention of returning - because I myself don't relish the thought of working on a poorly ventilated assembly line where sickness abounds, and oh we have to be there because we are considered essential, God knows why.......

So, I up and left - because unlike you, I do not view this virus as B.S. and I also have elderly parents that I am close to and help out.
*and right after I walked out - a co-worker turned positive for this new virus, which makes me feel real good inside..............

Now, as luck would have it - a job I put in for - to get me off that disease ridden assembly line - literally today - just came through, so I'll be riding on a forklift shuttling parts back and forth, unloading trucks, etc... which is great because the amount of human contact which I will have will be minimal, which is something I am completely acceptable with during this crisis which is obviously something not effecting your neck of the woods at all.

So, right after Easter I return to work, in a new position of my choosing, yes - for much less money, but I'm at a point in my life [just turned 55..] where everything is paid for/off and I can now just coast.

*If I had not gotten that job, I would have take an early retirement, get my pensions rolling in and that's it - I'd be completely free to pursue my hobbies, etc.. while I'm still able and healthy enough to do so.

Tell me, do you also get angry also when the government bails out the rich, the corporations, the stock market, or is it only when the common man is being helped out that you become enraged ??

I ask because one thing I can't stand is corporate welfare and these never ending bailouts ensuring that the rich stay rich..

You mention something about how it is surprising how many people here in favor of the 2nd ammendment are not in favor of the 1st, actually... you are wrong.

Well, I think you are just seeing things differently, as I have no problem giving up some of my civil liberties if it means stopping a - contrary to popular belief - a very deadly virus [*give it time, it's still 2 - 3 months out from hitting the U.S. full force]

This is my very last post here.

T-Man is just not a good forum for me, and that's fine...

I'll just miss the many good people I crossed paths with here, who helped me out when I had questions about trapping and wildlife, and who also those who posted real interesting things trapping and wildlife related....

Adios Amigos.... !!

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824361
03/31/20 12:18 PM
03/31/20 12:18 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Big George leaving, 2.0 The sequel, called; Seriously everyone, I really really mean it this time. grin

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: BuckMink] #6824377
03/31/20 12:32 PM
03/31/20 12:32 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by BuckMink

who cares that he is a nut job? its all about the gospel! false teachers leading others to an eternity in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). I CARE!!

I care too if he's spreading a false gospel and leading people to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). But does that mean the government should shut him down? Should the government decide what is and isn't true? Perhaps we should just go back to a state-sanctioned religion?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Foxpaw] #6824436
03/31/20 01:34 PM
03/31/20 01:34 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

First of all, this "germ" is causing world wide suffering ...most people have some kind of phone or computer, which she can reach out to others, and they to her. From the way you wrote , it seems like she didn't appreciate, or downplayed (or you did in your phrasing) the seriousness of learning about it and being thoughtful of others. Anyone is capable of understanding that , aside from being "new". There are many ways of being in contact with others without traveling to homes at this time. The whole world is doing that , it works. Now, unfortunately, she HAS to learn to be in contact via other means , phone, computer, etc.

Fox, and others have made some good points. Missionary, or mercenary -or wanting to sacrifice risk to others by wanting to be seen a martyr ...

Everyone meeting in a group risks illness . To solicit that risk onto others without asking their permission ...in effect, when they go from there to anywhere else. Many others would not agree that it was "worth the risk " , when their loved ones are at stake. From there, everywhere those others go also poses a risk. I'm amazed anyone would WANT to meet anywhere , given all the warnings on a state and national level.

There is a real concern on asymptomatic carriers .

I'm certain there are not a few in your area who would be very upset with that risk being pushed on them , in all the ways transference happens. I feel for them. I for one am glad there is no one in my area with that attitude.

Figuratively speaking, standing proud on the bodies of others who have real risk of becoming sick , due to reckless pride. Many on this forum go about the safe ways of helping others, humble in practicing their religion, without waving a banner of self righteousness , doing just fine in online communications.

It simply cannot be overstated how this gets spread by asymptomatic carriers.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824444
03/31/20 01:42 PM
03/31/20 01:42 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Where are day cares open? That’s why most folks are out of work, they have no one to take care of their children.

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread