No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824554
03/31/20 03:30 PM
03/31/20 03:30 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Saw a lawyer say that stopping people at state lines because they had outta state licence was against the 14th.
I don't know enough about the law to know, but he was pretty infact about it.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: akntrpr] #6824555
03/31/20 03:33 PM
03/31/20 03:33 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Originally Posted by akntrpr
I don't comment on here much but I find this thread to be incredibly SAD! Its sad that a person in 2020 is willing to sacrifice the lives of their grandchildren, children , spouse, parents, grandparents and friends lives and all the lives of their friends grandchildren, children, parents, their parents, and grandparents and possibly my family members lives to prove their point that they can do what they want to. You want to save a couple people who have made some bad decisions at the expense of over 100,s of people who have made good decisions including all your family and friends. On top of that its only for a few weeks until this virus passes and they develop therapies and vaccines. Nobody's rights have been infringed upon except the people that you and your family and friends are endangering with your actions. I'm curious what you will tell your children when that one infected person in your meetings infects your family and you have to bury your wife, mom, grandparents because you refuse to do what is RIGHT. If you think this is a hoax maybe you need to have a conversation with Joe Diffies wife or John Prines family or the families of the 3000 people whos family's are grieving the loss of their loved ones that they couldn't even be with in their time of need. You cant get 10 people on here to agree on something and you think 151 countries agreed to start a hoax just for you. Its REALLY just SAD!!!

Yeah, I took the time to read this entire thread (I guess I thought I needed a laugh, and I got that, but they weren't happy.) I can hardly believe some of the ridiculousness I read on here. Thankfully, I did read a lot of common sense replies (such as the one above) that give me hope for humanity and Trapperman. Be safe everyone, hug your loved ones (that live in your immediate household right now), and use your brains. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824557
03/31/20 03:35 PM
03/31/20 03:35 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
When do my rights become more important than other peoples lives?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824562
03/31/20 03:40 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Forgive me as I am about to butcher a quot, but the point will be clear enough.
He who would give up an ounce of liberty to feel safety deserves neither.
It may not be the safest thing to assemble at church or any other place at this time in our history, but we should have the right to make that decision on our own. Govt should not have the right to tell us what constitutional rights we can and can not use. I chose not to gather in a large crowd, but that is my choice to make as set forth in the constitution.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: rex123] #6824563
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by rex123
When do my rights become more important than other peoples lives?

Depends on how easy you give them up I guess.

Ask that question to every town usa, the anti-gun group.

Last edited by hippie; 03/31/20 03:41 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6824569
03/31/20 03:44 PM
03/31/20 03:44 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood
Forgive me as I am about to butcher a quot, but the point will be clear enough.
He who would give up an ounce of liberty to feel safety deserves neither.
It may not be the safest thing to assemble at church or any other place at this time in our history, but we should have the right to make that decision on our own. Govt should not have the right to tell us what constitutional rights we can and can not use. I chose not to gather in a large crowd, but that is my choice to make as set forth in the constitution.

Exactly.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: ] #6824571
03/31/20 03:46 PM
03/31/20 03:46 PM
New York
P
ponyboy Offline
trapper
ponyboy  Offline
trapper
P

New York
Originally Posted by J Staton
If it's that bad why are any of us working? Are we essential or just expendable?

Good point. Being my whole family must be expendable.

How are you going to live Rambo?

One day at a time.

You not expendable Rambo.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824572
03/31/20 03:47 PM
03/31/20 03:47 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
People have become too conditioned. Where is the outcry on this site when Governor's closed schools over the virus? That is a Constitutional right to education and not one word.

NO ONE has the right to willfully endanger anyone else, and that includes pointing a gun at them, saying lies about them so they lose their job, or filing news articles calling for the assassination of leaders. There is absolutely no difference in those limits to protect society, to stopping a deluded preacher from exposing a congregation, who will then go out and expose 10,000 more people, who will expose 100,000 more until it kills an entire state. People have the freedom of religion, not the freedom to kill a nation by saying God will protect us.
In my area, some stupid Catholics followed their priest to Ireland, where they became infected and he came home and gave mass to even more of them. That is arrogance and not Christianity. It is the same arrogance of a priest who after this told his followers, that God would protect them in mass. The guy who told me this was Catholic and said, "It also says, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord your God".

A Christian renders under the Government that which is the Government's and that includes taxes and supporting the Government protecting the population. When a plague mandate says NO MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE GATHERED, that means religions too for now. Iran is experiencing Islam unleashed as those people could not be warned to not lick shrines and worship allah, and they are dying in piles for their "religious rights".
For those still thinking this is their right, just forward this to a month ahead if a Trapper convention ends up infecting a state or some preacher ends up killing a city. What kind of public relations is that going to do for trapping or Christ? People will never forget it, and the population will then vote to remove the rights you had to exercise in a pandemic.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824575
03/31/20 03:49 PM
03/31/20 03:49 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
no one has answered me yet so I will ask again. If you are social distancing and staying home how is somebody going to church and being around a bunch of people, or going to work and being around a bunch of other people, putting you at increased risk of getting sick?

is it time for everybody to stay home and just peek through the curtains? what Killed more people in the last two months? heart disease or corona? its very possible to avoid heart disease too but no one is being forced to do those things. which one is projected to kill more people in the next year?

maybe its time to ban any meat. fish is the only protein allowed and skillets should be outlawed. every one will begin mandatory aerobic exorcising tomorrow at the local police station. you are excused if you are hospitalized only. your dr may limit your exorcise but you are going. from now on no one is allowed more than 1700 calories a day for any reason except pregnancy. pregnant women and nursing women will be allowed 2000 calories..

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824576
03/31/20 03:52 PM
03/31/20 03:52 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Ever one on here has given up some personal freedom.Do you pay the IRS bill? City says you can't build a house there do you? Register your car? Have a driver s license? etc. These are all a little silly but I think you get my point.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824578
03/31/20 03:53 PM
03/31/20 03:53 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Cause they are spreading the virus around for no good reason and someone who stays home except to get food has a much greater chance of catching it when they have to go out.Do you think everybody is going to starve to death in their house just so you can go and sing some stupid songs with a bunch of bible thumpers?
You must be thick if you dont know that.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824580
03/31/20 03:55 PM
03/31/20 03:55 PM
New York
P
ponyboy Offline
trapper
ponyboy  Offline
trapper
P

New York
Reminds me of the scene in Jeremiah Johnson. When Jeremiah goes back to the Crazy woman's house and finds everyone hunkering down in the shack.

Last edited by ponyboy; 03/31/20 03:56 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Boco] #6824582
03/31/20 03:59 PM
03/31/20 03:59 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Boco
Cause they are spreading the virus around for no good reason and someone who stays home except to get food has a much greater chance of catching it when they have to go out.Do you think everybody is going to starve to death in their house just so you can go and sing some stupid songs with a bunch of bible thumpers?
You must be thick if you dont know that.

There'd be a lot starving in their house if everyone stayed home, grocers included. Maybe the healthcare workers should should stay home?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824583
03/31/20 04:01 PM
03/31/20 04:01 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
That makes no sense.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824586
03/31/20 04:03 PM
03/31/20 04:03 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Originally Posted by danny clifton
no one has answered me yet so I will ask again. If you are social distancing and staying home how is somebody going to church and being around a bunch of people, or going to work and being around a bunch of other people, putting you at increased risk of getting sick?

is it time for everybody to stay home and just peek through the curtains? what Killed more people in the last two months? heart disease or corona? its very possible to avoid heart disease too but no one is being forced to do those things. which one is projected to kill more people in the next year?

maybe its time to ban any meat. fish is the only protein allowed and skillets should be outlawed. every one will begin mandatory aerobic exorcising tomorrow at the local police station. you are excused if you are hospitalized only. your dr may limit your exorcise but you are going. from now on no one is allowed more than 1700 calories a day for any reason except pregnancy. pregnant women and nursing women will be allowed 2000 calories..

One can social distance and stay home 99% of the time.....but that other 1% get bit. MOST people pretty much need to go to the grocery store at some point if this goes on. What if the well intended grocery clerk was at one of these unnecessary gatherings and got the crud? Now they touch the shoppers food, or as they are talking wishing well to the shopper spit out a drop of saliva onto the shoppers face. Then this well intended, essential grocery clerk stops on the way home to buy gas and spreads the crap from their hand onto the gas pump handle. Then a doctor on his way home from a week long shift at a hospital stops to fill up his vehicle and in his tired stupor from being overworked by the crud forgets to use gloves when pumping, or hand sanitizer soon after, and by oh so slight chance gets infected therefore making them unable to work and further taxing the healthcare system further increasing anyones chance of dying.

I could go on for hours listing these "far fetched' (but completely real probably already happened) examples that anyone with a shred of decency could realize. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824588
03/31/20 04:04 PM
03/31/20 04:04 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Quite a few states now have criminal penalties for violating the kung flu orders.....they are requesting 'mandatory' self isolation for people coming from other areas of the country.....

Tribalism is starting to rise up....national guard was going door to door in Rhode Island telling people from other states they need to self isolate for 2 weeks....

Are we far from having 'kung flu positive' camps? States closing borders? Local residents taking the law into their own hands to deal with 'infected' outsiders?

Things seem to be sliding downhill pretty fast and we are only about 10 days into this....it is like a friggin shtf u tube video on steroids.....

Y'all stay safe and I think it is smart to be prepared for anything to happen...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824607
03/31/20 04:20 PM
03/31/20 04:20 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
The FED is predicting 30 percent plus unemployment.

If that lasts very long they will print so much money that the dollar in your pocker may as well be TP.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824646
03/31/20 05:10 PM
03/31/20 05:10 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
So the right to assemble peacefully is unimportant rambling?

Just because you have a right to do something doesnt mean you have to do it.

With all the millions still working, all the millions of kids in daycare, THIS VIRUS IS STILL GOING TO SPREAD. If you are in questionable health you need to stay home. If your healthy and your family is healthy and you CHOOSE to assemble it is your right. Recognized by the first amendment.

With all the talk on here about defending the 2nd amendment I am astounded at how many think tossing out the first is a wonderful idea.

I will never apologize for sticking up for the constitution and its recognition of individual liberties. I will never back down from it either. It is important to me. I am not giving up my liberty to anyone.

No lll I am not working. I have turned down full time work. I dont want to work except part time now. I am not giving my word to work even when I don't want to. I am hoping I have 20 years of life left and I am going to spend those years doing what I want to do. No more putting the needs of a business above my own.

You do not have the rights you speak of. The CDC can override what you misconceive as your rights. That is the issue you do not have a grip on. I swore an oath to the constitution also Danny. I just know the reality. In certain times, the government can change them for the perceived good of all. You and a few just keep rattling off the same things like a democrat. "If I say it enough times it will be true." Well it is not and you are under a lockdown. Besides I thought you said it was not serious? Wrong there also. You have always been against the church in the past but now it suits your montra of the first amendment. How rich. lol, LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824731
03/31/20 06:18 PM
03/31/20 06:18 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
LLL i think your full of beans. What good is a document that is to be the corner stone of ALL law if it can be ignored?

I dont care about church I care about my right to assemble. I still dont believe its any more serious than any other flu epidemic we have had.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824745
03/31/20 06:36 PM
03/31/20 06:36 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
ScottW--good to see you on here.Been a long time.
So glad to hear you have such a great amount of common sense.
Please stay safe my friend.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread