No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! #6824565
03/31/20 03:41 PM
03/31/20 03:41 PM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline OP
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline OP
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin
https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6819239-FINAL-FINAL-CARES-ACT

For those who want to know what is actually in this bill........ This should be non-political!

"I'm an old dog, and these are all new tricks!"
Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6824625
03/31/20 04:50 PM
03/31/20 04:50 PM
Northern mn
A
Andy27 Offline
trapper
Andy27  Offline
trapper
A

Northern mn
Yea I’m sure it will be non political.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6824698
03/31/20 05:53 PM
03/31/20 05:53 PM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline OP
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline OP
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin
Andy27,

201 Views and this is the only response to this post?

All I see is the "quill spraying" regarding this bill, complaining about the perks the Liberals put in the bill. This is not a conservative/liberal or Republican/Democrat issue. This is about the very rich verses the average Joe!

The "pork" that's in this bill, I'm sure, came out of both parties. As a teacher for 44 years, I'm just here trying to provide information for those that want it. If somebody, anybody, wants to take the time to wade through this and see why the 1T Original Stimulas Bill turned into a 2+T Stimulus Bill.

The original bill earmarked 500 Billion for the airlines, which would have left the other one half of the trillion for everything else......... But, why stop ther? As long as they figured that this bill is going to pass because of the urgency of this pandemic, lets "pork this up"!

Not left/right, but rather the 1%/Everybody Else!

Please would somebody read this bill. I Did! To help out the ones that can't wait, start on Page 202.

Popcorn just started!

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6824709
03/31/20 05:59 PM
03/31/20 05:59 PM
PA
P
PSB1011 Offline
trapper
PSB1011  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Muskrat Love
Andy27,

201 Views and this is the only response to this post?

All I see is the "quill spraying" regarding this bill, complaining about the perks the Liberals put in the bill. This is not a conservative/liberal or Republican/Democrat issue. This is about the very rich verses the average Joe!

The "pork" that's in this bill, I'm sure, came out of both parties. As a teacher for 44 years, I'm just here trying to provide information for those that want it. If somebody, anybody, wants to take the time to wade through this and see why the 1T Original Stimulas Bill turned into a 2+T Stimulus Bill.

The original bill earmarked 500 Billion for the airlines, which would have left the other one half of the trillion for everything else......... But, why stop ther? As long as they figured that this bill is going to pass because of the urgency of this pandemic, lets "pork this up"!

Not left/right, but rather the 1%/Everybody Else!

Please would somebody read this bill. I Did! To help out the ones that can't wait, start on Page 202.

Popcorn just started!

Lol,2 hours most everybody on Trapperman is on page 16 out of 880 pages.Good grief, they will get back to you around April 16th or so.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6824712
03/31/20 06:02 PM
03/31/20 06:02 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Its hot trash with the shiny stimulus checks to make everyone clamor for it to get passed. All your really needed know how bad this thing was that there wasnt a recorded vote in the House.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6825074
03/31/20 11:04 PM
03/31/20 11:04 PM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline OP
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline OP
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin
Ross,

What, only 25M? You must not have read the actual bill passed by Trump. I even gave you the page number where the pork starts squealing.

Like I said in the original post, this is not a left/right thing. It's a $$$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$.00 X 2 thing! OK, my bad, as you must be a rich New York landlord needing a tax write off, or a sheep ready to get fleeced.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/business/coronavirus-real-estate-investors-stimulus.html

"Let's give the snowflakes 25M, and while they're jumping for joy we'll slip in the $170,000,000,000.00 in for us rich guys. By the way, that 170 Billion!The politicians knew this bill,was going to go through, so let's "plump it up".

The original stimulus bill was for 1 Trillion, with half of it ( $500 Billion) going to the airlines & travel industry.

Send me another meme...... Ba-a-a-a-a-a

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6825117
04/01/20 12:17 AM
04/01/20 12:17 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Better stock up before the middle of April with the goods I need. When the checks arrive there will be another real surge of buying in the stores as by that time people will be told that many places May will be worse then April and April will make March look like nothing.

Bryce

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6825140
04/01/20 01:26 AM
04/01/20 01:26 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Wow Thats great for Trump hotels hate to see them loose money.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6825462
04/01/20 11:31 AM
04/01/20 11:31 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Just another project to make the rich, richer and the poor think they are getting some help from the government. I hope the Department of Justice nails the politicians that took advantage of the closed door briefing on the pandemic weeks ago, selling off their stock holdings to protect themselves from the stock market crash. Im sure they will again, will trade up when they get news that things have changed. They take care of them and theirs, we just feed them, teach their kids, protect them from harm and get a few scraps for doing so. Shame on them all and hope they get their just do someday.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6825729
04/01/20 03:05 PM
04/01/20 03:05 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
"Not left/right, but rather the 1%/Everybody Else!"

Muskrat,
It sounds like you have really bought into the evil 1% scenario. There is plenty to be critical of in this bill, but seriously keeping the airline and travel industry is not a perk for the 1%. Do you realize how many people (everybody else) are directly employeed by the airline/travel industry? And how much that drives the rest of our economy? I'm sure you prefer the free money checks for everybody that will be spent and gone in a couple weeks, but proping up a major portion of our economy that will insure people have jobs to go back to will have long term benefits to "Everybody Else.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: walleye101] #6826019
04/01/20 06:22 PM
04/01/20 06:22 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The real value of all the words and sections is for Congress as they will be able to plug holes that were in this one when they draft the May version and hopefully they will improve more when they do the August version and if we are still dragging in an election year there will be an October one as well. just a guess but I feel that may be more likely than not.

Bryce

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: danvee] #6826031
04/01/20 06:29 PM
04/01/20 06:29 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by danvee
Wow Thats great for Trump hotels hate to see them loose money.

TROLL ALERT

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: danvee] #6826038
04/01/20 06:36 PM
04/01/20 06:36 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by danvee
Just another project to make the rich, richer and the poor think they are getting some help from the government. I hope the Department of Justice nails the politicians that took advantage of the closed door briefing on the pandemic weeks ago, selling off their stock holdings to protect themselves from the stock market crash. Im sure they will again, will trade up when they get news that things have changed. They take care of them and theirs, we just feed them, teach their kids, protect them from harm and get a few scraps for doing so. Shame on them all and hope they get their just do someday.

They cant do a thing about it. They gutted the law about political trading years ago, a year after they tightened the law.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6826109
04/01/20 07:20 PM
04/01/20 07:20 PM
Pennsylvania
D
Dr. Fur Offline
trapper
Dr. Fur  Offline
trapper
D

Pennsylvania
Bail out the cruise lines who register all their ships in Panama so they don't have to pay US taxes. I might have been OK with the gift to them if they were required to register and re-flag all of their cruise ships with the US flag.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: walleye101] #6826435
04/01/20 10:35 PM
04/01/20 10:35 PM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline OP
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline OP
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin
Originally Posted by walleye101

Muskrat,
It sounds like you have really bought into the evil 1% scenario. There is plenty to be critical of in this bill, but seriously keeping the airline and travel industry is not a perk for the 1%. Do you realize how many people (everybody else) are directly employeed by the airline/travel industry? And how much that drives the rest of our economy? I'm sure you prefer the free money checks for everybody that will be spent and gone in a couple weeks, but proping up a major portion of our economy that will insure people have jobs to go back to will have long term benefits to "Everybody Else.

Walleye101,

No, I didn't fall off the turnip wagon yesterday, or at anytime, but was trying to get the point across that BOTH parties are guilty of porking this bill up. I mentioned the airlines and the travel industry..... I don't have a dog in this fight, but you may. Nothing against any industry that's suffering now, but making the point that the ORIGINAL STIMULUS, the 1Trillion one, had 500 Billion slated for the the airlines....l NO ISSUE WITH THIS. But that wasn't enough. Let's ratchet this up to 2 Trillion.... And how about a little more on top of the 2 Trillion.

There's an old saying.... "Don't gore my ox". Everybody's got a dog, cat or "ox" in their own little fight, and they're JUSTIFIED in their beliefs. Not putting any of these people down, but only a leader who's used to going bankrupt, not paying his employees, and thinking debt is a way to function, and hasn't paid a stitch of federal taxes in two decades, can justify playing with what he thinks is Monopoly money!

I have two sons and wonder at the difference in how they're perceived by this country. One became an educator, Teacher of the Year, accolades by his students, their parents, and his supervisors.... 60K! The other son, Senior VP and Co-CEO of the company he works for..... 3.8M! Both outstanding in their fields. One can take advantage of the Page 202 pork, and the other pays his 25% on April 15th.

I'm not buying into the 1% theory....... I know t, see it and live it when we visit one of the boys.

I guess I'm just trying to balance all the "They're trying to take my Freedom away from me" posts on this site. "Let'em worry somebodies going to..... (Pick one) ..... Take my guns, Close my Church, Tell me I can't hunt and trap on RR property, Own a 300 round clip..... while we throw them $1,200.00 and give us, left and right, a $170,000 Billion parachute" ...... Because we lost money in our Real Estate deals.

This diversion allows those sheep, following others, walking up the ramp to the stun gun!

Oh, I forgot one..."This pandemic is all a liberal plot to make the President look bad". Like his own people tell him..... "Just read the teleprompter...... Don't go off script and ad lib"!

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6826711
04/02/20 08:31 AM
04/02/20 08:31 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Muskrat Love
Originally Posted by walleye101

Muskrat,

Walleye101,

No, I didn't fall off the turnip wagon yesterday, or at anytime, but was trying to get the point across that BOTH parties are guilty of porking this bill up. I mentioned the airlines and the travel industry..... I don't have a dog in this fight, but you may. Nothing against any industry that's suffering now, but making the point that the ORIGINAL STIMULUS, the 1Trillion one, had 500 Billion slated for the the airlines....l NO ISSUE WITH THIS. But that wasn't enough. Let's ratchet this up to 2 Trillion.... And how about a little more on top of the 2 Trillion.

There's an old saying.... "Don't gore my ox". Everybody's got a dog, cat or "ox" in their own little fight, and they're JUSTIFIED in their beliefs. Not putting any of these people down, but only a leader who's used to going bankrupt, not paying his employees, and thinking debt is a way to function, and hasn't paid a stitch of federal taxes in two decades, can justify playing with what he thinks is Monopoly money!

I have two sons and wonder at the difference in how they're perceived by this country. One became an educator, Teacher of the Year, accolades by his students, their parents, and his supervisors.... 60K! The other son, Senior VP and Co-CEO of the company he works for..... 3.8M! Both outstanding in their fields. One can take advantage of the Page 202 pork, and the other pays his 25% on April 15th.

I'm not buying into the 1% theory....... I know t, see it and live it when we visit one of the boys.

I guess I'm just trying to balance all the "They're trying to take my Freedom away from me" posts on this site. "Let'em worry somebodies going to..... (Pick one) ..... Take my guns, Close my Church, Tell me I can't hunt and trap on RR property, Own a 300 round clip..... while we throw them $1,200.00 and give us, left and right, a $170,000 Billion parachute" ...... Because we lost money in our Real Estate deals.

This diversion allows those sheep, following others, walking up the ramp to the stun gun!

Oh, I forgot one..."This pandemic is all a liberal plot to make the President look bad". Like his own people tell him..... "Just read the teleprompter...... Don't go off script and ad lib"!

Settle down Muskrat, I "have no dog in the fight" either, just not falling for the class warfare BS about how we should all hate the 1%ers. Sounds like your sons have both done well for themselves in this land of opportunity. Nothing wrong with a solid 60K, great benefits and job security. And congrats to the CEO as well.

Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Muskrat Love] #6827012
04/02/20 12:49 PM
04/02/20 12:49 PM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
I'm going to comment on this STIMULUS bill! It entirety is a false approach to the problem. But its approach is an answer to total control by the state and federal governments.

The day (not too far off), will come when you will be told you only travel on off days as to your birthdate or something like that. That travel will be with papers only.

You have to go to the store for bread and milk, they already will deliver at home for you.

Gasoline is cheap now, but you won't be able to go far. And rationed amounts as per your household (WW2).

Keep your most sacred weapon handy. The thieves will be out. SSS is my suggestion. No need to call police. Or the EMS.

My $.02

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: COMPLETE STIMULUS BILL! [Re: Dr. Fur] #6827063
04/02/20 01:31 PM
04/02/20 01:31 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Dr. Fur
Bail out the cruise lines who register all their ships in Panama so they don't have to pay US taxes. I might have been OK with the gift to them if they were required to register and re-flag all of their cruise ships with the US flag.

I've been quite annoyed at this meme going around lately...if the taxes involved weren't so high on these things and everything else around here, they wouldn't have to flag their vessels elsewhere or headquarter their businesses elsewhere.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread