No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825280
04/01/20 08:59 AM
04/01/20 08:59 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Idolatry still raises it head even today. Its a heavy load and since laziness is another ailment of our society , what better way to tote those idols around than on a cart. Its those things that really matter that we carry on our shoulders !

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: ] #6825307
04/01/20 09:17 AM
04/01/20 09:17 AM
New York
P
ponyboy Offline
trapper
ponyboy  Offline
trapper
P

New York
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by danny clifton
If the pastor needed to be arrested why are the parishioners not being arrested also? Seems a bit disingenuous to me, to only arrest one of the lawless horde instead of all of them .

Leadership is usually held to account.

Kill the shepherd and scatter the flock.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825325
04/01/20 09:29 AM
04/01/20 09:29 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
How do you keep the Jehovah Witness people from knocking on your door, during the Corona Virus Pandemic ???

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Canvasback2] #6825331
04/01/20 09:34 AM
04/01/20 09:34 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
How do you keep the Jehovah Witness people from knocking on your door, during the Corona Virus Pandemic ???

Tell them you are preaching John 1:1 online this week - complete with Greek New Testament translation of the begotten Son grin

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825340
04/01/20 09:41 AM
04/01/20 09:41 AM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
We used to run and hide when I was little and stayed the summers with my grandma when she'd see them pull in but since I built my house ten year ago I decided I wasn't running from them any longer. Lol. I just politely let them know I had a bible that had all I needed to know in it and they quit coming

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825431
04/01/20 11:03 AM
04/01/20 11:03 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
1096 deaths in NYC due to chinese flu. 13/100ths of a percent in a crowded city that is an epidemic waiting to happen every day of the year. A city with the worst rat and cockroach problem in the United States. Its about one death for every 7846 people. Last year 44092 died of heart disease. Or 121 people a day. March 3 the first case was CONFIMED in NY. So 28 days ago. Works out to 39 a day. It will without a doubt get worse. To many people are going to work every day. Every one needs groceries.

where were they loading bodies into a refer with a fork lift? I do not believe for a second it was in the U.S. The number of deaths is just not that high. Still no reports of a mass homeless population infection. Prison either.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825496
04/01/20 11:47 AM
04/01/20 11:47 AM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Nope,but sure mass die offs in nursing homes.An awful lot of prisoners have been let loose--also Ca. putting homeless up in empty hotels.
An awful lot of health care workers are paying a heavy price for the services they provide.
Time to quit all knit picking and pray for the best and to thank all those who are helping their fellow Americans.

THANK YOU ,I do appreciate those unselfish people. AGAIN--THANK YOU.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825497
04/01/20 11:48 AM
04/01/20 11:48 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Listening to a constitutional lawyer speak on this right now.

Outside these guidelines just making sense and helping everyone to be a good neighbor and protect lives.

This is constitutional! In a nut shell for two reasons:. 1. It's temporary 2. It's being applied equally to everyone

Where it will become unconditional is when it becomes permanent or is not applied equally.

Deblosio is trying to permanently shut down churches! That is unconstitutional!! They are letting criminals out while fining or jailing other citizens for not complieng with guidelines (such as this pastor in question). That promotes inequality and is unconstitutional!

So... If criminals are being released due to virus and you are put in jail because of the virus!? You have a law suit!

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825500
04/01/20 11:49 AM
04/01/20 11:49 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
And again

It's not the first time in our history that we have done this!

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: brianmall] #6825576
04/01/20 12:50 PM
04/01/20 12:50 PM
Central MN
MNCedar Offline
trapper
MNCedar  Offline
trapper

Central MN
Originally Posted by brianmall

So... If criminals are being released due to virus and you are put in jail because of the virus!? You have a law suit!

I'm not trying to argue, just sharing something I read minutes ago. California prisons, for example, are releasing a set number (3,500 I believe) of non-violent offenders who are also serving their last 60 days or less of their sentence

So a hypothetical might be a person convicted of check forgery serving a 24-month sentence might be released on their 23rd month, or 30 days early. I am not comparing jails to prisons, there is a difference. But Minnesota county jails, for example, generally used to follow a 2/3 sentence for good behavior. Meaning if you are sentenced to sit 90 days and follow the rules, you will be released after 60, or sit 45 days of a 60-day sentence, or 20 days of a 30-day sentence, etc. Releasing people a month or so earlier than the original sentence is pretty common and this is proportionally much more than say 30 days off a 3 year sentence. Again, from what I understand these California releases are not freshly sentenced murderers and rapists, but people who have essentially served their time already.

From what I've seen also, at least here, the legal restrictions on these stay-home orders are about the equivalent of a disorderly conduct charge. In other words, the absolute bare-minimum charge anyone could receive. I doubt there would be jail time. If you are not a career criminal, this charge would likely cost more to prosecute than they would be able to fine you for. Anyone arrested on this would need to be blatantly being defiant of the large gathering ordnance, in other words, willingly breaking a law.

I'm not a lawyer so don't quote me. I was just reading this morning.

Last edited by MNCedar; 04/01/20 01:23 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825583
04/01/20 01:01 PM
04/01/20 01:01 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
its not a law in kansas its a royal proclamation

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: MNCedar] #6825611
04/01/20 01:27 PM
04/01/20 01:27 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by MNCedar

I'm not trying to argue, just sharing something I read minutes ago. California prisons, for example, are releasing a set number (3,500 I believe) of non-violent offenders who are also serving their last 60 days or less of their sentence

So a hypothetical might be a person convicted of check forgery serving a 24-month sentence might be released on their 23rd month, or 30 days early. I am not comparing jails to prisons, there is a difference. But Minnesota county jails, for example, generally used to follow a 2/3 sentence for good behavior. Meaning if you are sentenced to sit 90 days and follow the rules, you will be released after 60, or sit 45 days of a 60-day sentence, or 20 days of a 30-day sentence, etc. Releasing people a month or so earlier than the original sentence is pretty common and this is proportionally much more than say 30 days off a 3 year sentence. Again, from what I understand these California releases are not freshly sentenced murderers and rapists, but people who have essentially served their time already.

From what I've seen also, at least here, the legal restrictions on these stay-home orders are about the equivalent of a disorderly conduct charge. In other words, the absolute bare-minimum charge anyone could receive. I doubt there would be jail time. If you are not a career criminal, this charge would likely cost more to prosecute than they would be able to fine you for. Anyone arrested on this would need to be blatantly being defiant of the large gathering ordnance, in other words, willingly breaking a law.

I'm not a lawyer so don't quote me. I was just reading this morning.

Doesn't matter from what I understand. To current topic.

If pastor was arrested for virus and inmates are being released because of virus? Then it's unconstitutional

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825613
04/01/20 01:28 PM
04/01/20 01:28 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Can't fine someone forvirus either if your currently releaseing criminals for virus

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825653
04/01/20 02:01 PM
04/01/20 02:01 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
He did raise questions to the authority the govoners are using to issue orders.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6825669
04/01/20 02:13 PM
04/01/20 02:13 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by danny clifton
1096 deaths in NYC due to chinese flu. 13/100ths of a percent in a crowded city that is an epidemic waiting to happen every day of the year. A city with the worst rat and cockroach problem in the United States. Its about one death for every 7846 people. Last year 44092 died of heart disease. Or 121 people a day. March 3 the first case was CONFIMED in NY. So 28 days ago. Works out to 39 a day. It will without a doubt get worse. To many people are going to work every day. Every one needs groceries.

where were they loading bodies into a refer with a fork lift? I do not believe for a second it was in the U.S. The number of deaths is just not that high. Still no reports of a mass homeless population infection. Prison either.

refrigerated truck

Maybe loading dead bodies is all fake, I wasn't there, but looked real to me on the TV the other nite, I did find this on utube.
They know that if they shut everything down it would stop it quicker, but people have to eat, have electricity, have water and sewer, probably throwing garbage in the streets wouldn't help, police, all medical people, truck drivers, yes its a big list and what I get is they know its impossible to shut everything down, but the medical community is overwhelmed and if they can just slow the infection rate down, it will give the medical people time to run them thru. If all were sick at once the beds would not hold them, they would be laying in the streets, yards, stores and every where else. That's why if people would cooperate and only do the essentials they could prolong it and untie the med equip so more could be saved.

I keep thinking of some old things on the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, but just can't seem to be able to write about it yet or if its even worthwhile.

Last edited by Foxpaw; 04/01/20 02:24 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: brianmall] #6825718
04/01/20 02:53 PM
04/01/20 02:53 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Outside these guidelines just making sense and helping everyone to be a good neighbor and protect lives.

This is constitutional! In a nut shell for two reasons:. 1. It's temporary 2. It's being applied equally to everyone

Where it will become unconditional is when it becomes permanent or is not applied equally.

Deblosio is trying to permanently shut down churches! That is unconstitutional!! They are letting criminals out while fining or jailing other citizens for not complieng with guidelines (such as this pastor in question). That promotes inequality and is unconstitutional!

That's nonsense. By that logic, it'd be constitutional to confiscate all guns, as long as it's temporary and it's applied equally to everyone.

Plain and simple, there is no way that your rights can be suspended or infringed upon just because there's a crisis. It just doesn't work that way. And certainly not by royal decree.

Last edited by loosegoose; 04/01/20 02:55 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825751
04/01/20 03:26 PM
04/01/20 03:26 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825771
04/01/20 03:41 PM
04/01/20 03:41 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted by loosegoose

That's nonsense. By that logic, it'd be constitutional to confiscate all guns, as long as it's temporary and it's applied equally to everyone.

Plain and simple, there is no way that your rights can be suspended or infringed upon just because there's a crisis. It just doesn't work that way. And certainly not by royal decree.

Another right fighter, they put a common freakin sense temporary law in effect to protect people. You're not allowed to shoot someone because its against the law! Are your rights violated or should you be allowed to shoot people?
Good lord ignorance has shined on this thread.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: bass10] #6825776
04/01/20 03:47 PM
04/01/20 03:47 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by bass10

Another right fighter, they put a common freakin sense temporary law in effect to protect people. You're not allowed to shoot someone because its against the law! Are your rights violated or should you be allowed to shoot people?

Huh? Common freakin sense to protect people....is that kinda like "common sense gun control" laws to protect people? 'It's for your own good!" "It'll make us safer!" I'll take freedom over safety, thank you.

And when did I say I should be allowed to shoot people?

Last edited by loosegoose; 04/01/20 03:48 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6825792
04/01/20 03:55 PM
04/01/20 03:55 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by bass10

Huh? Common freakin sense to protect people....is that kinda like "common sense gun control" laws to protect people? 'It's for your own good!" "It'll make us safer!" I'll take freedom over safety, thank you.

And when did I say I should be allowed to shoot people?

No common sense tells me that if we're not sure if someone has a deadly virus or NOT they should not be allowed to come around other people. Do you see you're a vast minority on this thread and site. Does a bell go
off in your head as to why? Didn't think so. I wasn't saying you said that but shouldn't it be your "right" to shoot people? I mean who are they to take that "right" away?

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread