No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Covid 19 Funerals #6825406
04/01/20 10:43 AM
04/01/20 10:43 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
my wife was playing the Joe Diffie song prop me up beside the jukebox if I die last night.

I was listening the the lyrics and thinking sorry Joe , no jukeboxes playing or parties happening and no one wants to be around your corps

well as my mind wanders this got me thinking about body disposal , handling and funerals.

if you die from it one would assume your body is teaming with and covered in the virus

if they don't refrigerate you your going to stink soon

if they do refrigerate you your going to stay contagious longer

I am speculating there will be a lot of memorial services later in the year where the only body present is a urn of ashes

funerals have already gotten weird , my sons friend and co-worker committed suicide the first week of quarantine here in WI the funeral was very small a few relatives and his close friends it was all of 30 minutes long and done as a visitation 10 people at a time allowed into the funeral home
closed casket but not because of covid.

what do you think?

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 04/01/20 10:44 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Covid 19 Funerals [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6825420
04/01/20 10:50 AM
04/01/20 10:50 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Yes, all cremations and memorial services later. I have to imagine burning kills the virus. Ive always wondered if you always actually get the ashes of your loved one back, especially with all the business there will be.

Re: Covid 19 Funerals [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6825426
04/01/20 10:55 AM
04/01/20 10:55 AM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I heard of a well-known lady who passed in a small town not far from here, she had 14 kids. Probably would've been hundreds of people at her funeral under different circumstances.

DWC, I saw a video on cremation and for the most part, I believe they're built to oy fit one body. What I didnt know was the bone isn't all turned to ash, any pieces of bone not completely burned are put in a grinder for further processing.

Re: Covid 19 Funerals [Re: DWC] #6825428
04/01/20 10:57 AM
04/01/20 10:57 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by DWC
Yes, all cremations and memorial services later. I have to imagine burning kills the virus. Ive always wondered if you always actually get the ashes of your loved one back, especially with all the business there will be.

i don't think you used to.

but since the licensed funeral cremation services have standardized on a protocol the Vatican now allows Catholics in countries with these standards to be cremated then buried on consecrated soil.

my grandpa died in early December and was cremated and the urn was at the funeral . the funeral was 2 weeks after he passed to get the family all back together.

saved cost , everyone goes into a cardboard coffin now then into the crematory

my great uncle died in Nov and the funeral was 6 days later he was in a rental casket then into the cardboard casket to be cremated and buried in May

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Covid 19 Funerals [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6825429
04/01/20 10:59 AM
04/01/20 10:59 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
^^^^^^
Kind of a morbid subject, but i guess we can handle it.
No, you dont always get your loved ones ashes back, but you are supposed to.
Several years ago there was a class action suit against a funeral home in California that was commingling people's ashes. I along with a few thousand other people got $300 each in the settlement. The attorneys got 30 million.
I really couldn't have cared less about the ashes being commingled, and I am certain my grandpa wouldn't have cared either.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Covid 19 Funerals [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6825433
04/01/20 11:05 AM
04/01/20 11:05 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
If someone prepaid their Funeral in full, and had it set up so that viewing would be for example: 2-4 PM and 7-9 PM for the 2 days of a Wake and then the 3rd day would be the Funeral service and the Burial; what happens during this Coronavirus Pandemic ?

If they can't hold the 2 days of the Wake and the rest of the traditional full Funeral, does the Estate get some sort of a refund because of services not able to be rendered ?

Re: Covid 19 Funerals [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6825437
04/01/20 11:08 AM
04/01/20 11:08 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Not wanting cremation ,Got a plot and stone pd. for ,Really would like to use it !

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread