No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Cure found? [Re: Finster] #6810023
03/20/20 03:36 PM
03/20/20 03:36 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Couldn't the maker of the drug do like I think it was omeprazole and nexium just turn the ingredients upside down and get a patent on the ingredients just listed different. That way they could say it is better and charge more on their new patent. Or even if the maker is willing to give it away like the maker of ivermectin does for river blindness, then the other company's would fight getting it from getting FDA approval for that particular use instead of malaria and arthritis, so they can patent a cure.

The above thoughts boils down to a simpler term " its about power and big dollars".

Re: Cure found? [Re: Finster] #6810040
03/20/20 03:52 PM
03/20/20 03:52 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Heck Valtrex is anti-viral > Wonder if it would work lol

Re: Cure found? [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #6810803
03/21/20 01:55 AM
03/21/20 01:55 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Originally Posted by cat_trapper_nv
The medicine Trump removed the red tape from yesterday is the same medicine my wife takes for her Autoimmune Disease. The good thing is she doesn't need to worry about Coronavirus, the bad thing is there is becoming a shortage of it. Luckily her doctor is smart about it and knew it was a way to fight it and got the pharmacy to fill both outstanding prescriptions so she has enough for the next two months. I'm glad we have a President who listens to advise from the experts and lets then do their job instead of putting red tape on everything.

Fact checking Trump on his Chloroquine Phosphate claim one of the news folks at the press conference today asked the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Anthony S Fauci weather the claim was accuratel. Fauci said "no"

just

Re: Cure found? [Re: Finster] #6810819
03/21/20 03:29 AM
03/21/20 03:29 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Sounds pretty positive to me.

Of course the drug companies are against it. They smell all that government money being throw at it, and want to drag trials out for years. Then label it and gouge the government for each dose.

Re: Cure found? [Re: AKAjust] #6810825
03/21/20 03:45 AM
03/21/20 03:45 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by AKAjust
The medicine Trump removed the red tape from yesterday is the same medicine my wife takes for her Autoimmune Disease. The good thing is she doesn't need to worry about Coronavirus, the bad thing is there is becoming a shortage of it. Luckily her doctor is smart about it and knew it was a way to fight it and got the pharmacy to fill both outstanding prescriptions so she has enough for the next two months. I'm glad we have a President who listens to advise from the experts and lets then do their job instead of putting red tape on everything.

Fact checking Trump on his Chloroquine Phosphate claim one of the news folks at the press conference today asked the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Anthony S Fauci weather the claim was accuratel. Fauci said "no"

just

You really need to read the entire interview. Fauci is an academic, by the nature of an academic you will hardly ever pin them down and get a definite answer out of them. They will always hedge. Trump's nature on the other hand is the complete opposite, he is a "big idea" person.

Regardless, it looks very promising the chloroquine phosphate and a particular antibiotic in combination offers the very promising possibility of being a therapeutic treatment. A guy like Fauci will never make a statement suggesting that until every T is crossed and every i is dotted. Just two different personality types. Does't make either one of them a liar, or less credible.

Last edited by waggler; 03/21/20 03:46 AM.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Cure found? [Re: waggler] #6810834
03/21/20 05:23 AM
03/21/20 05:23 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
What interview? I watched it on TV today.
You are saying Trump is credible? He is speaking with no experience. Constantly patting himself on the back. Fauci is a medical professional I wouldn't want anyone that was less cautious as a doctor.
just

Re: Cure found? [Re: AKAjust] #6826513
04/01/20 11:36 PM
04/01/20 11:36 PM
ND
M
Midwest Hunter Offline
trapper
Midwest Hunter  Offline
trapper
M

ND
If you guys would just go to the CDC or WHO sites you would know 2 things. This is a virus. There is NO pill that will cure a virus .Pills will cure a bacterial infection but not a virus. Also the "fact" that it "cures" another corona virus means nothing.This is a separate and unique virus.

just

Is he talking about PILLS this guy must know nothing. There is NO pill that will cure a virus.

Re: Cure found? [Re: Finster] #6826532
04/02/20 12:05 AM
04/02/20 12:05 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Very recent limited studies coming from several different sources are pointing to hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in combination as being a very likely effective therapeutic treatment and maybe even a prophylactic for CV-19. If true this will be a game changer. We will know sooner than later.

What seems strange, is there are definitely a group of people who really seem to be hoping that this treatment fails. I wonder why?
As Trump would say; "sick puppies".

Dr. Fauci
Governor Cuomo
Rachel Maddow
etc, etc.

Last edited by waggler; 04/02/20 12:06 AM.

Re: Cure found? [Re: Finster] #6826539
04/02/20 12:11 AM
04/02/20 12:11 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Finster. Stop spreading your crap on all over the world

Re: Cure found? [Re: Finster] #6826542
04/02/20 12:13 AM
04/02/20 12:13 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Rats,
Are you also hoping that the drug combination doesn't work?

Re: Cure found? [Re: trapper les] #6826566
04/02/20 01:35 AM
04/02/20 01:35 AM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by trapper les
Originally Posted by Trapper7

According to the FDA, the "possible" side effects include, headache, loss of appetite, diarrhea, hair loss, skin rashes, and mood changes. All of these are a better alternative than death.

Menopause ?

Crap! Now I have menopause?!

Re: Cure found? [Re: Finster] #6826572
04/02/20 02:01 AM
04/02/20 02:01 AM
eastern washington
B
BillyTraps Offline
trapper
BillyTraps  Offline
trapper
B

eastern washington
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

Seems like Trump knew what he was talking about after all.

Re: Cure found? [Re: BillyTraps] #6826575
04/02/20 02:08 AM
04/02/20 02:08 AM
Downeast Maine
scalloper Offline
trapper
scalloper  Offline
trapper

Downeast Maine
Originally Posted by BillyTraps
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

Seems like Trump knew what he was talking about after all.

He is always 3 steps ahead of most everyone.

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
Re: Cure found? [Re: AKAjust] #6826579
04/02/20 02:22 AM
04/02/20 02:22 AM
Nebraska
Poorcoon Offline
trapper
Poorcoon  Offline
trapper

Nebraska

just

oh well we'll just take your word for it then LOL

"Nothing I like to do pays well." True Grit

"Revenge is in the hands of God, not mine." Revenant.
Re: Cure found? [Re: AKAjust] #6826654
04/02/20 07:38 AM
04/02/20 07:38 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin

just

Why don't everyone just bookmark this page (if it doesn't get deleted) and set a reminder to see how accurate either side was in 6 months?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread