No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Looks like we lost another chicken to a coon. #6826828
04/02/20 10:02 AM
04/02/20 10:02 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Our chicks that are not big enough to go out with the adult birds are currently in our 8x10 moviable meat bird pen. Out of the 19 chicks it appears my wifes favorite was a victim of a coon trying to pull it through the pen.

I was hoping to get an earlier start to traping season this year than January like last year but this is much earlier than I wanted. I was thinking November. O well. Now to decide to limit it to the problem critters or preemptively go to war.

Re: Looks like we lost another chicken to a coon. [Re: Providence Farm] #6826867
04/02/20 10:30 AM
04/02/20 10:30 AM
Shenandoah County, VA
L
l1ranger Offline
trapper
l1ranger  Offline
trapper
L

Shenandoah County, VA
time for war.

i woke up early am and heard a ruckus - turned out to be a possum in with the chickens. still dont know how he got in, but i know how he got out.

Josh
Re: Looks like we lost another chicken to a coon. [Re: Providence Farm] #6826907
04/02/20 11:15 AM
04/02/20 11:15 AM
wantage n.j.
E
eric space Offline
trapper
eric space  Offline
trapper
E

wantage n.j.
I keep two cage traps set alongside my chicken pen at all times. Set them at the corners with no bait, any critter be it coon, skunk or possem that cases out my chickens walks into the trap as it walks the edge of the fence.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread