No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6828590
04/03/20 04:56 PM
04/03/20 04:56 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Hippee-in PA avg. Deaths/day is ~370. Past wk avg is 12 for chink virus. Whats the big deal???

How many of those are flu deaths, if ya know?

120 this yr. Out of ~130,000 cases about 1.5 deaths/day

US- reg flu 22million cases with over 12,000 deaths

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6828609
04/03/20 05:19 PM
04/03/20 05:19 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio

How about the government not worry about what goes on in the privacy of my own home, especially when what's going on was perfectly legal a month ago, was made illegal by official proclamation instead of a legislative process, and involves nothing more than people sitting around talking and eating?[/quote]

Nobody that invites 20 people in their house is gonna get arrested, get over it. Invite 50 of the highest risks for all I care cause by golly it’s your right!

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Calvin] #6828660
04/03/20 06:20 PM
04/03/20 06:20 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by hippie
Dead is dead Calvin, could we save tens of thousands a year of we do what we're doing now? I bet so.

I too believe this is easier to contract, but it is weaker in the fact it's been killing mostly elderly, and even those have a pre existing condition. Regular flu kills some pretty healthy people.

Not sure who you've been following on that's simply not the case anymore. 36 doctors in Italy dead. Plenty now in their 30s and 40s here. Healthy people. Yes, some have "pre existing" conditions but just mild asthma or sleep apnea qualifies for that.

Once doc says its over 100 times more contagious that the flu.

Another thinks we will be out of hospital beds by Easter.

I don't listen to news casters on what this thing is. I follow a few docs working the Covid Units. Seems the real experts have a different viewpoint.

This is going to sound... callous... But it isn't meant to.

Their deaths don't surprise me.

Ever spend time around doctors and nurses... especially ER residents? They're very good about practicing universal precautions to prevent spread of disease... But they tend to be some of the unhealthiest people I know. Not saying it's their fault. The rigors of their profession leave little time for self care. They work brutally long hours, get little rest, and survive on caffeinated beverages and junk food.

And it's the young folks fresh out of med school who are at the bottom of the totem pole grinding out a paycheck as a resident.

And I've watched a lot of nurses grab a diet coke, honey bun, and a cigarette for their break... If they get one.

So no, I'm not surprised that we throw young "healthy" people into the grinder and lose some. The system we have guarantees it's going to happen.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: bass10] #6828679
04/03/20 06:35 PM
04/03/20 06:35 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by bass10

How about the government not worry about what goes on in the privacy of my own home, especially when what's going on was perfectly legal a month ago, was made illegal by official proclamation instead of a legislative process, and involves nothing more than people sitting around talking and eating?

Nobody that invites 20 people in their house is gonna get arrested, get over it. Invite 50 of the highest risks for all I care cause by golly it’s your right![/quote]
No. I correct. No gatherings over 10 people, period, including private residences. That's why birthday parties and such are getting broken up by police.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6829312
04/04/20 02:40 AM
04/04/20 02:40 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dont think it is possible to know how many homeless people are even symptomatic. When they die though they need picked up. That will be a major news story when/if it happens en masse.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6829388
04/04/20 07:30 AM
04/04/20 07:30 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Thanks for our flu numbers Grousewit.

Looks like they might be low this year?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6829502
04/04/20 09:24 AM
04/04/20 09:24 AM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Your right Mike, especially the EMT’s. It seems like almost everyone of them smoke and their favorite restaurant is the gas station. I’m not knocking them i just find it interesting because they know what their doing to themselves.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: keystone] #6830017
04/04/20 04:33 PM
04/04/20 04:33 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by keystone
Your right Mike, especially the EMT’s. It seems like almost everyone of them smoke and their favorite restaurant is the gas station. I’m not knocking them i just find it interesting because they know what their doing to themselves.

Sure they know what they're doing... But when you deal with death and the worst aspects of humanity on a daily basis you get a little jaded... nihlistic even.

The same goes for anyone in a high stress/high risk field... Cancer is not high on the list of worries for an infantryman.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6831224
04/05/20 02:29 PM
04/05/20 02:29 PM
AR
P
Preacherman Les Offline
trapper
Preacherman Les  Offline
trapper
P

AR
I'll give you my thoughts on this corona/covid 19 no-gatherings situation. First, the church I pastor is NOT having group services right now. Texting & phone calls to stay in touch & Facebook Live & Youtube videos for service. I feel it is wise & prudent in the face of a contagious "pandemic" to avoid contact as much as possible. I do not like doing it this way but feel it is best, at least in the short term. If this drags on for months, I may feel differently. It is not going to be a pleasant thing to do "online Easter" but such is the case. Even if I did not feel this way, the organization I am with has mandated no groups of more than 10 at the church facility so it would be end of normal services anyway. Online it is.
In a war zone the initial reaction of people is to hunker down and try to avoid the melee. Eventually though those people develop a "life has to go on" attitude and return to fields & work places to do the best they can. The cow needs milking and the field needs planting and such.

That being said, I happen to agree with Danny C. that it is not the governments place to set aside the constitution. If you don't want to be around people then stay away. If someone invades your space, move or have them back off. I have had to do this before covid-19. What did you do before this? Hug your neighbor with the flu? Leave work sick and head straight to the grocery store to share the germs? My 88 year old mother doesn't need ANY disease/sickness and I'd be very upset if someone shared anything with her, Corona or otherwise. This pandemic response sets a very dangerous precedent and makes me very uneasy.

I saw this poem many years ago when I was a kid, but I have never forgotten it. It sums up my attitude about life:
God gave us two ends,
One to sit on,
One to think with.
Our future depends on which one we use.
Heads we win, tails we lose.

Your thoughts are free to vary. Live blessed and stay safe.

Last edited by Preacherman Les; 04/05/20 05:21 PM. Reason: spelin
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6831276
04/05/20 03:43 PM
04/05/20 03:43 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Preacherman Les,

Greetings from the state of Texas brother!
This has been an interesting thread to follow. Lots of input. Lots of thoughts. Lots of concern from some. Not much from others.

Answers seem most often to be sought from;
A. Scientists
B. Government
C. God

I would submit for consideration that any of these answers requires faith. Faith? Yep. Faith.

Some might say that answer C would require faith, but perhaps not A, or B, but I submit all require faith. And that's why some are so firm in their answer, whether it's A, B, or C. Or a mixture of them.
When someone "believes" (has faith) in B (government) you discount their faith, (not their opinion) when you say, "you are wrong."

Same with A; Science. A belief in science is really a faith? How so?
Well, all scientists are effected by their presupposition system. But science is logic you say! Observable and repeatable! No. Logic is skewed by one's presupposition system and no-one has ever been able to prove the validity of logic. It's a faith system at it's core. And that's ok. We all could use more logic.
Besides, scientists (I'm trained in that academia) realize that an absence of evidence is not an evidence of absence. At least honest scientists admit that and not all scientists are honest.

So here we are, with faith placed here or there, as best we all can figure, as a pathogen motors the globe. I don't call someone's faith in A,B, C or a mixture good, bad, wrong, or right. It's just their faith statement. We all have one whether we say so or not.

I'll place faith in He that made creation in the first place and I figure He's got it all right where He wants it.
Blessings y'all! Stay safe!
Mark

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6832499
04/06/20 06:23 PM
04/06/20 06:23 PM
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Um.......Bass10 are you feeling okay, man? I've never advocated for a right to shoot people, I'm not sure where that's coming from. That's just bizarre, and a strawman argument that's too strange to even attempt to get in to.

But apparently you believe that you have a right to infect people with a deadly disease.

Jarhead

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Jarhead620] #6832502
04/06/20 06:28 PM
04/06/20 06:28 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Jarhead620
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Um.......Bass10 are you feeling okay, man? I've never advocated for a right to shoot people, I'm not sure where that's coming from. That's just bizarre, and a strawman argument that's too strange to even attempt to get in to.

But apparently you believe that you have a right to infect people with a deadly disease.

Jarhead

Um.....when did I say that? Or are you just assuming something?

Last edited by loosegoose; 04/06/20 06:29 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6832514
04/06/20 06:55 PM
04/06/20 06:55 PM
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
I am not assuming anything since you claim the right to gather groups in your home after your wife has visited a Corona infected woman. Somehow it doesn't occur to you how irresponsible that is. This virus Is highly contagious but in your arrogance you don't care. I don't know why I bother to continue to discuss this since I consider your position to be entirely without merit.

Jarhead

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Jarhead620] #6832526
04/06/20 07:14 PM
04/06/20 07:14 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Jarhead620
I am not assuming anything since you claim the right to gather groups in your home after your wife has visited a Corona infected woman. Somehow it doesn't occur to you how irresponsible that is. This virus Is highly contagious but in your arrogance you don't care. I don't know why I bother to continue to discuss this since I consider your position to be entirely without merit.

Jarhead

Who said I don't care that the virus is highly contagious? Of course I care. I'm not monster that hopes to kill old people. We just care MORE that someone new in their faith, who feels like the church is full of hypocrites that act just like the rest of the world gets visited when they lose their job and they feel like no one else from church will come around them (when she's not suspected of being infected), and we care MORE that they have groceries to eat, when they have a kid and a new place and no cell phone and no job. (And groceries were just dropped off on the front porch and a short conversation went on while my wife stood on the porch and the woman stood inside behind the closed glass door.)

It's just a matter of priorities. Yes, we're willing to put our health and maybe even other people's health, at risk, for what we believe our faith teaches. You may not feel that way, to each their own.

Last edited by loosegoose; 04/06/20 07:21 PM.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6832548
04/06/20 07:31 PM
04/06/20 07:31 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
100%. Thats what the "experts" are saying about who can expect to be exposed. 80% have mild symptoms. The ventilators are causing a lot of lung damage. There are other options than a ventilator but the CDC is pushing them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1540438/

Spain passed Italy and they are at 285 deaths per million. Again 10,000 is one percent. We are at 33 now.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: James] #6832570
04/06/20 07:45 PM
04/06/20 07:45 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by James
Danny: people still have to go out for groceries and medical treatment. Why should they be endangered because of someone else's religion?

Jim

Could same not be said for a crackhead with a gun sitting in the parking lot looking for easy cash?

We should at the very least take the gun away.

-Goofy-
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: beaverpeeler] #6832599
04/06/20 08:02 PM
04/06/20 08:02 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Just saw on the news tonight where a choir practice was held in Washington on March 10th (before the shelter rule came into effect). Almost all of them ill with the virus now and two deaths. Just breathing and singing next to each other did it.

They don't sing at churches by any chance do they?

They’re absolutely certain nobody shook hands or opened the same door and the. Touched their face or rubbed an eye?

-Goofy-
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6832613
04/06/20 08:09 PM
04/06/20 08:09 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
All this talk about "rights" got me to thinking. I don't ever remember Jesus Christ demanding his rights. Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in civil rights. Civics (the science of government) is separate from faith practically speaking.
Jesus came to serve, part of serving people is not making them sick. I think that pastor is off base in at least some of his views, I can't really see Jesus doing what that pastor did.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: waggler] #6832621
04/06/20 08:13 PM
04/06/20 08:13 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by waggler
All this talk about "rights" got me to thinking. I don't ever remember Jesus Christ demanding his rights. Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in civil rights. Civics (the science of government) is separate from faith practically speaking.
Jesus came to serve, part of serving people is not making them sick. I think that pastor is off base in at least some of his views, I can't really see Jesus doing what that pastor did.

He did load his buddies up in a boat when a terrible storm was coming .

-Goofy-
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6832624
04/06/20 08:15 PM
04/06/20 08:15 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
We figure out whether this is unconstitutional yet?

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread