No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... #6830251
04/04/20 08:25 PM
04/04/20 08:25 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
There's lot of social pressure on our Governor Kristi Noem to order a state wide "lock down". She has stated that she doesn't think the SD Constitution, let alone the U.S. Constitution, allow her to do things such as other governors are doing, such as mandating certain businesses close, etc. etc. Noem has stated that some of these decisions have to be done at the local level such as using city health departments-- I think she is trying to distance the state when the eventual lawsuits come from people who think elected politicians violated their rights, we'll see.

I think both Sioux Falls and Rapid City governments will issue more strict rules, Sioux Falls probably this coming week. I'm trying to see what certain proposed things, such as a city-wide curfew would do. Most places where larger groups of people gather at night have already been affected by increasing rules or bailed out on their own to do some self-serving virtue signaling. Anyway, I saw a fb post of photos taken in Sioux Falls over the past week or more of how things have changed. I thought I'd share a few:

Too many kids, now supposedly learning from home, playing basketball at city parks. The Parks and Rec people will show you!!

[Linked Image]

And don't try using the bathrooms or a drinking fountains at the park (sort of early for outside drinking fountains anyway)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Big corporation movie theater virtue signaling or maybe they fell under the no more than 10 people rule. Probably both

[Linked Image]

Goodwills closed for a month. This sort of hits home for my ebay hobby of re-selling a few things but no one appears to be buying on ebay right now or at least the stuff I offer

[Linked Image]

Or at Savers, although I don't go there because I can't flip anything from there, prices are too high for what I can sell items on-line

[Linked Image]

The big mall is closed

[Linked Image]

Even Walmart has some sort of restrictions. I haven't experienced this one yet, making shoppers only use 1 entrance, maybe they're checking for fevers when people are coming through the door?? I think I'll pass on this one...

[Linked Image]

But, we need more social control and more out of work people. I don't know what models the governor is seeing but supposedly between 30-70% of South Dakota's pop will end up testing positive and our peak won't happen to mid-June or later. Sorry, about 200 positive people as of yesterday evening, don't see that reaching 255,000 by mid-summer- that would be the 30% level. I guess we're all supposed to start licking door handles to get that done!! Maybe the models are right and I'm wrong. I've worked with modelers, such projections are only as good as the data and assumptions used in building them. Sometimes they're close in projection what will happen, something they go wide, sometimes way wide. I guess we'll see by September, if the wheels don't come off the socioeconomic bus first. I wonder if Vegas is giving odds on what the covid numbers will be for each state by a certain date? Someone may make some money...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... [Re: NonPCfed] #6830254
04/04/20 08:32 PM
04/04/20 08:32 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
The picture you post are nothing like in Mi. The Walmart parking lot has LOTS of car in it and we are on a stay at home order.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... [Re: NonPCfed] #6830265
04/04/20 08:37 PM
04/04/20 08:37 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Nor georgia. We're under a stay at home order but everybody's job must be essential and the new pass time is to see how many you can cram in a store to hoard the latest hot item of the week.

[Linked Image]
Re: Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... [Re: NonPCfed] #6830282
04/04/20 08:43 PM
04/04/20 08:43 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Vegas is closed ,so you need to find other odds makers.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... [Re: NonPCfed] #6830285
04/04/20 08:44 PM
04/04/20 08:44 PM
North central Iowa
B
Bob_Iowa Offline
trapper
Bob_Iowa  Offline
trapper
B

North central Iowa
We here in Iowa are not under the shelter in place order either, and our governor is under pressure from the dems to do it but last I knew it still hasn’t been enacted. The worst part about starting one too soon is that it strains everything, at least now the grocery stores have had some time to restock after the last round of hoarding.

Re: Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... [Re: NonPCfed] #6830307
04/04/20 08:57 PM
04/04/20 08:57 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
warrior no doubt. I went by 3 factories/transport system places in my bedroom town the other night with full shifts going and wondered how many would actually close if a "shelter in place" was done? The one place is sort of an eclectic processors of things, never know a switch of theirs may be needed in a medical device. My friend is a used car salesman in "big city" and they're essential supposedly because their service section keeps the city or other gov vehicles going so the whole dealership is open. It would be interesting to know what data and assumptions that are being used in some of the covid models. If there is anything but up to date US only figures, I'd be skeptical. I asked some of my liberal work colleagues and fb friends that question and none of them responded. I think some of them like living in fear...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... [Re: NonPCfed] #6830325
04/04/20 09:09 PM
04/04/20 09:09 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
He have it here and I really can't see the difference from those rules verses not having it. People here are not totally obeying the stay home thing and wee many not even doing the 6 foot spacing.
People coming in to SD are suppose to self quarantine for two week if coming from a hot spot and is no different then what we are suppose to be doing here.
Not even sure what the difference is if yo have it or not. Can some one tell? SD doesn't need to have it if they follow all the other rules nationally. Can some one tell?

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... [Re: NonPCfed] #6830327
04/04/20 09:10 PM
04/04/20 09:10 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
No worries I can see, so why not follow directions and get through this.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Will South Dakota's Governor hold out... [Re: NonPCfed] #6830355
04/04/20 09:39 PM
04/04/20 09:39 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
^ exactly! I see ND closed paddle fishing and Montana still has it open for anglers to come from all over the country here to fish. Yet Montana thinks they are being safer because of the stay home law in order. I actually think what I have done with SD and ND that they have more strict rules then Montana and they have the stay at home law. LOL You have stores open that are essential and people go to those stores that need to get grub. Same as MT same as SD or ND or WY.

I hope your gov doesn't change what she is doing mostly because it is the same thing states are doing that have placed that order. Not all obey the rules any way.

Last edited by snowy; 04/04/20 09:42 PM.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread