No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What should we really fear? #6832989
04/07/20 03:39 AM
04/07/20 03:39 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
I’ll let you guys read this article and make your own judgements. I do find it fascinating.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.c...ID-19-antibody-Pr1ai87Vte/share_amp.html

Last edited by WadeRyan; 04/07/20 03:46 AM.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6832992
04/07/20 04:09 AM
04/07/20 04:09 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I made a post awhile back where I said I had all the symptoms first part of February. Only I had pinkeye for about three days of it so figured was something else. Now I guess pink eye is a symptom. If they start looking for people to test for antibody's I will volunteer.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833000
04/07/20 04:54 AM
04/07/20 04:54 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
It could go both ways. You could say he’s simply been infected and is a carrier. You could also say maybe this thing has been around all that time. Plenty of people were sick this winter with nothing diagnosed.

I see people asking if this was here why no pneumonia patients ending up on ventilators then? Maybe they were ending up on ventilators and dying the only difference was the media did not sensationalize pneumonia deaths. I would ask them if a doctor told you in December your loved one got severe pneumonia with all other testing negative and died. Would you have thought twice that it could be due to a novel virus? I can already answer that. It’s no.

Maybe they were using bipap and respiratory treatments they are avoiding now for fear of spreading Covid by aerosol because that’s what’s been recommended by physicians in China. If we weren’t deathly afraid of this virus we’d probably been managing these people different. It’s not that usual respiratory treatments don’t work bipap, cpap, or breathing treatments. It’s the fear of spreading the virus which had restricted these treatments.

I’ve mentioned this on another site but while listening to a pulmonologist speak it’s not death by respiratory failure that’s killing the Covid patients. It’s complications due to prolonged ventilation (time on the ventilator) including heart failure, MI, sepsis, etc.

My children were sick for a month right through Christmas. I only remember them hacking with fevers and no other symptoms nightly for weeks. My four year old didn’t want to open Christmas presents which is when I knew he did not feel well. I was asymptomatic the whole time but my wife was sick. I’m exposed to a lot of things the average person isn’t daily though so who knows.

Looking back could it have been Covid? Sure could have. Will I ever know? No. I see this country about ready to pop at the seams however, and it’s not going to be due to not enough ventilators. Just some food for thought. Keep on moving and stay healthy.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833007
04/07/20 05:52 AM
04/07/20 05:52 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
fear

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833073
04/07/20 07:23 AM
04/07/20 07:23 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Wade, are you in the Omaha area? Just curious approx. where you are.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833077
04/07/20 07:26 AM
04/07/20 07:26 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Almost the entire plant I work at was sick with those symptoms in December. Felt worse than I ever have.

I truly believe there are dark forces behind this.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833092
04/07/20 07:43 AM
04/07/20 07:43 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I'm not one to buy into all the conspiracy type things. But my wife had the worse chest cold, ache, flu type thing going last December too..I was with her in the doctors office when doctor talked to her. He left the room came back with a mask on. Took 3 different type flu or what ever test samples..Wife got a call next day saying all 3 negative. Doc basically said still think you have some type flu just don't know what?

So maybe and I say just maybe? this thing was here back in December in some form. Then circled back with bit different morph of the bug?
I'm sure if the do come up with a post exposed test now. There is no way to back up and look at people sick back in December. They may find you been exposed but then how do you put time line on it now.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: Macthediver] #6833100
04/07/20 08:00 AM
04/07/20 08:00 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Macthediver
I'm not one to buy into all the conspiracy type things. But my wife had the worse chest cold, ache, flu type thing going last December too..I was with her in the doctors office when doctor talked to her. He left the room came back with a mask on. Took 3 different type flu or what ever test samples..Wife got a call next day saying all 3 negative. Doc basically said still think you have some type flu just don't know what?

So maybe and I say just maybe? this thing was here back in December in some form. Then circled back with bit different morph of the bug?
I'm sure if the do come up with a post exposed test now. There is no way to back up and look at people sick back in December. They may find you been exposed but then how do you put time line on it now.

Mac

Essentially as the article mentions it is possible but they would have had to have kept the media from December. Definitely not likely in my neck of the woods. The antibody test will really open the public’s eyes I believe.

I’m not into conspiracy either but the more this gets drawn out the more it looks like an economical meltdown rather than a healthcare meltdown. If we’ll have it here in the sticks in the next 10 days, I’d expect the larger cities should be running the antibody test by next week. My hope is we can see just how many people actually have this thing and get a grip on the fear of everyone falling over dead. Maybe start to get life slowly back towards normalcy.

Even if they can’t prove you were exposed way back when I only hope that the antigen test will prove this has a similar mortality rate to influenza. Although that shouldn’t be taken lightly (which most of the US has until now) at least people can stop looking up in the air waiting for the sky to fall.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833101
04/07/20 08:02 AM
04/07/20 08:02 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Gary I’m not far from Omaha.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833105
04/07/20 08:06 AM
04/07/20 08:06 AM
NY
J
Jc Fitzy Offline
trapper
Jc Fitzy  Offline
trapper
J

NY
Well it for sure was around in late January

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Jc Fitzy; 04/07/20 08:06 AM.
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833113
04/07/20 08:17 AM
04/07/20 08:17 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Okay I wasn't going to post anything about this but here goes.

My daughter and son in law are missionaries in Spain. They have a daughter age 6 and a son 8 months as of last December. They have been working for three years to adopt a daughter from an orphanage in China. The little girl had a cleft lip and was scorned. They paid for the surgery to repair her lip and upper jaw, even though they didn't know if the adoption would go through. Late last year the paperwork all came through so they went to China in December to pick her up, all four of them.

They were able to get her and then stayed in a motel for a week or so, waiting for all the paperwork to be processed so she would have a visa and they would be able to return to Spain with her. Things took a long time and both the Chinese officials and the Spanish consulate were dragging their feet. two weeks passed, then three. They kept checking every couple days. Soon the people at the Spanish consulate were being total jerks, really brutal. Christmas came and went, two weeks more into January. They went to Beijing to try to get some help from the Spanish consulate there. Two weeks in Beijing still nothing. Finally, they realized that Spain was not going to let Miao in, period. No explanation, nothing. By now it had been almost two months of staying in motels and going from city to city in China.

They decided Crystal and the two kids would go back to Spain and Seth would take Miao to the US to try to get some paperwork to get her back to Spain from the US. So that's what they did. Seth and Miao came here, and Crystal, Tanzen and Grant went back to Spain. Once they arrived in Spain (Early February) they all three got horribly sick. They were so sick for about a week or so that they couldn't go anywhere or do anything. She's sick as a dog and trying to take care of two kids by herself who are also really sick. But they all recovered fine after about a week or so.

Things were progressing nicely here for getting Miao's USA birth certificate, passport and visa, but it was still taking a while. About the first of March, they decided to bring my daughter and the kids to the US to reunite the family for a while after all these months of chaos. At that time the Covid hadn't really freaked people out yet. When they were going through customs, they were asked if they had been to China in the past two weeks, which they thought was weird, but it had been more than two weeks so she said no. Soon after they arrived in the states, we all went to Phoenix to visit my dad for a week in the retirement community where he lives. We had a good time, the kids swam in the pool, etc. Miao is learning English very quickly she is really bright. They have also been spending a lot of time at our place, visiting relatives, etc. Right after we got back from Phoenix, the craziness started, things were shutting down, etc. We've had some family get-togethers at my place and I've attached a photo of several grandkids at my house the other day.

Could they have had the corona virus? Who knows? They cannot get tested. They say they are running short of test kits and they'll only test people who are hospitalized. Well I'm not going to shut down my life because of this. I'm not going to miss my limited time with family and grandchildren who live halfway across the world. All Miao's paperwork has now been completed, but they can't leave now to go home in Spain, and I shouldn't be happy about it, but I am! So that's my story. I suppose people will freak out about this, but I'm doing fine so far and hugging my grandchildren for all they're worth and my new little one Miao yesterday said, "I love you grandpa."

[Linked Image]

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833117
04/07/20 08:20 AM
04/07/20 08:20 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
JC of course it was it was discovered in China in December. Does anyone really believe we had no one from China with Covid spread it here until January 21st? How long did it hit China before they released the information?

I hate conspiracies but nothing about this virus being this man-eater is adding up.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833119
04/07/20 08:21 AM
04/07/20 08:21 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
grandkids are the best

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: pcr2] #6833139
04/07/20 08:57 AM
04/07/20 08:57 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by pcr2
fear

Good answer, lol.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833165
04/07/20 09:16 AM
04/07/20 09:16 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
It was already breaking out in China by late Nov but it really started to blow up there during the 2nd half of Dec.

Wade- What we know of the 2 (at least) strains of covid-19, the S strain produces antibodies and thus can be shown in a serology test but the L strain does not. But, the L strain tends to be the more lethal one so perhaps if someone catches the S who has had the L, they're tough enough to survive it as well.

There's also the issue of all these various tests, how many will give false readings at what percent? We seem to be making lots of decisions on one reading. My bro had a patient who was tested twice during one illness, first from the state and a second one a private lab out of state (assumed to be better quality). One test was negative, the other positive. The patient came and went. He assumed she was positive because of symptoms as well as the one test. Nothing really changed much.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833185
04/07/20 09:34 AM
04/07/20 09:34 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
A family member started feeling symptoms 20 days ago, tested positive, recovered, then was admitted again last night. She is an RN It will be interesting. Could be something unrelated, maybe not. I personally think this whole thing stinks to high heaven. Definitely dark forces driving this.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: danny clifton] #6833198
04/07/20 09:47 AM
04/07/20 09:47 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by danny clifton
grandkids are the best

Yes they are!!!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833203
04/07/20 09:51 AM
04/07/20 09:51 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Apparently the virus is also racist.
Numbers indicate it kills more blacks (70% of total out of 35% in pop)than other races.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833210
04/07/20 09:59 AM
04/07/20 09:59 AM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
If New Orleans is any example, the China virus is hard on French Canadians.

Member - FTA
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #6833219
04/07/20 10:03 AM
04/07/20 10:03 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

Been hard on French Canadians in Quebec, Canada as well.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833220
04/07/20 10:05 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The blacks are all slap happy and the frogs are all kissy-kissy.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #6833221
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

Been hard on French Canadians in Quebec, Canada as well.

I understand, the infection rate in New Orleans is something like 7x greater than
the country at large...Mean stuff.

Member - FTA
Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833225
04/07/20 10:07 AM
04/07/20 10:07 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I would love to have one of those antibody test too. Would even pay for it. I had something bad last week of Jan. Wonder if I could get a veterinarian to get me one . Hopefully if the animals start getting it some old country vet can figure out the cure for it a lot quicker.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833253
04/07/20 10:48 AM
04/07/20 10:48 AM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
Yep the infection rate is higher in New Orleans ,
almost as if they held a huge gathering of people
in February . oh wait ,

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: WadeRyan] #6833314
04/07/20 11:43 AM
04/07/20 11:43 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Two cups of racism is the first ingredient in every recipe these days.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: NonPCfed] #6833363
04/07/20 12:29 PM
04/07/20 12:29 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
It was already breaking out in China by late Nov but it really started to blow up there during the 2nd half of Dec.

Wade- What we know of the 2 (at least) strains of covid-19, the S strain produces antibodies and thus can be shown in a serology test but the L strain does not. But, the L strain tends to be the more lethal one so perhaps if someone catches the S who has had the L, they're tough enough to survive it as well.

There's also the issue of all these various tests, how many will give false readings at what percent? We seem to be making lots of decisions on one reading. My bro had a patient who was tested twice during one illness, first from the state and a second one a private lab out of state (assumed to be better quality). One test was negative, the other positive. The patient came and went. He assumed she was positive because of symptoms as well as the one test. Nothing really changed much.

Our lab was reporting 93% false negatives when the nasal swab was compared to antigen testing. The first death in our county came back negative on the swab. They’ve since found 7 other positives in her assisted living since they started testing staff/residents randomly.

Last edited by WadeRyan; 04/07/20 12:30 PM.

Re: What should we really fear? [Re: Gary Benson] #6833415
04/07/20 01:11 PM
04/07/20 01:11 PM
Nevada
YamaCat Offline
trapper
YamaCat  Offline
trapper

Nevada
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
A family member started feeling symptoms 20 days ago, tested positive, recovered, then was admitted again last night. She is an RN It will be interesting. Could be something unrelated, maybe not. I personally think this whole thing stinks to high heaven. Definitely dark forces driving this.

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Yes it stinks. I still say that smell is coming from Soros.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread