No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Who will they test?? #6833746
04/07/20 08:54 PM
04/07/20 08:54 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline OP
trapper
DWC  Offline OP
trapper
D

SE SD

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6833784
04/07/20 09:29 PM
04/07/20 09:29 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
You are a paranoid vulnerable soul judging by your and many other posts the last few weeks. Enjoy the outdoors and Family at this time. Turn your phone and news stations off
Listen to some music, cook some good food outside and enjoy some
Beers with buddies all while social distancing around a fire and
Make a rule of no covid talk and no politics. You will enjoy your existence here
Much more.

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6833899
04/07/20 10:32 PM
04/07/20 10:32 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline OP
trapper
DWC  Offline OP
trapper
D

SE SD
Youre right. Im goin nuts locked in the dam house. Id love to, but tough right now. Wife sent home w/o pay next week for who knows how long and i just got diagnosed with MS last week and the meds ill be starting are goin to take my immune system down to zero so i either skip them let it get worse or trust our government to wrap stuff up while i live in a bubble for the next several months. To kick a guy (and family) while hes down, my mom, who watches our 1 year old, biffed it broke her arm tonight lookin at surgery. Its been a wild couple weeks. Maybe its goos the wife was sent home!

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6833906
04/07/20 10:38 PM
04/07/20 10:38 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by DWC
Youre right. Im goin nuts locked in the dam house. Id love to, but tough right now. Wife sent home w/o pay next week for who knows how long and i just got diagnosed with MS last week and the meds ill be starting are goin to take my immune system down to zero so i either skip them let it get worse or trust our government to wrap stuff up while i live in a bubble for the next several months. To kick a guy (and family) while hes down, my mom, who watches our 1 year old, biffed it broke her arm tonight lookin at surgery. Its been a wild couple weeks. Maybe its goos the wife was sent home!

Dang thats rough !

Keep your head up man , you got this !

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6833912
04/07/20 10:43 PM
04/07/20 10:43 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Prayers sent for you and your family.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6833990
04/07/20 11:56 PM
04/07/20 11:56 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Our oldest member at church is 98 yrs old. Her daughter 70 yrs old runs for her and is now living with her. This week the daughter fell in the yard and broke her arm and had to go thru the hospital, now she is afraid to go back to her moms til 14 days is up. Think a grand daughter is going to move in, but she is younger and not as careful as far as crowds are concerned. I guess when we get old we are often led where we don't want go.

Anyway seems like when it rains it pours. Sometimes when we experience Job's troubles it makes us stronger . Just keep keeping on. Hopefully years from now you can tell your great grand children about this.

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6834001
04/08/20 12:06 AM
04/08/20 12:06 AM
Colesburg, Iowa 52035
M
MINK I LOVE Offline
trapper
MINK I LOVE  Offline
trapper
M

Colesburg, Iowa 52035
Originally Posted by DWC

Why can't she file for unemployment? And on the MS thing, my 46 year old Girlfriend has MS and has a daily shot. She was also worried about her immune system but has been going strong the last 4 years since she was diagnosed.

Keep your head up and there is light at the end of this tunnel. Stay strong for yourself and your Family. You got this!

-Randy-

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6834003
04/08/20 12:10 AM
04/08/20 12:10 AM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
It ought be mandatory testing for everyone with compliance requirements. Thoughmail or something. An if positive. Have report heslth Dept. If they wanna get rid this covid crap

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6834007
04/08/20 12:17 AM
04/08/20 12:17 AM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
I dont see how testing is gonna get rid of it coonman. All that does is tell you if you got it or not. If you have it and are deathly sick you are gonna go to the doc whether you know you have it or not. Having medicines to treat it and letting it run its course are the only options we have. Testing may help scientist study the numbers once its over, but thats about it.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Re: Who will they test?? [Re: MINK I LOVE] #6834012
04/08/20 12:29 AM
04/08/20 12:29 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline OP
trapper
DWC  Offline OP
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by MINK I LOVE
Originally Posted by DWC

Why can't she file for unemployment? And on the MS thing, my 46 year old Girlfriend has MS and has a daily shot. She was also worried about her immune system but has been going strong the last 4 years since she was diagnosed.

Keep your head up and there is light at the end of this tunnel. Stay strong for yourself and your Family. You got this!

-Randy-

Thats good to hear. She has filed. We will see If there is a delay with everyone else putting in. The top drug the doc wants me on is a 6 month infusion that completely kills your immune system against flu and pneumonia, so while its highly effective against ms, not great timing with covid blowing up. This was all discovered because of vision problems recently and Sunday afternoon i had my first identified “flair” as they call it. Such a cute name for what that really is! I felt like i was being electrocuted for 8 hours off and on from the waist down. My low back is payin the price now but legs feel fine. The meds are gonna need to happen soon, i just might be getting really familiar with our place. Im am kinda curious if the ecoli in the river will take me down with weaken immune system. 🤔

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: The Possum Man] #6834022
04/08/20 12:43 AM
04/08/20 12:43 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline OP
trapper
DWC  Offline OP
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by The Possum Man
I dont see how testing is gonna get rid of it coonman. All that does is tell you if you got it or not. If you have it and are deathly sick you are gonna go to the doc whether you know you have it or not. Having medicines to treat it and letting it run its course are the only options we have. Testing may help scientist study the numbers once its over, but thats about it.

It wont make it go away. That Story is the third person ive heard of (2 i know) being turned away from getting tested that have all the symptoms they keep stressing. The two i know they turned away because they hadnt traveled, yet we are all but shut down because of “significant community spread”. Well now this reasoning doesnt make a bit of sense to me. So if the talk of the times is numbers of positive cases and numbers of deaths and we have shut down our entire world socially and financially, just how skewed are these numbers?? The dude who called me out for being all doomy and gloomy is right- ive been watchin a lot of tv lately and all ive been hearin and seein is tests for everyone and diligently stayin in top of things, we’re turning the corner soon ect.... you can make stats says anything you want.

Re: Who will they test?? [Re: DWC] #6834073
04/08/20 06:16 AM
04/08/20 06:16 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Health department is really picky on who gets tested. For them, they only want people admitted to the hospital being tested. If they send off to one of the private labs, the testing requirements are less but turn around is slower. Big problem right now is the lack of the materials needed to do the actual tests which is preventing hospitals to be able to do the testing in house.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread