No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: A TIME TO REFLECT [Re: Dirt] #6837018
04/10/20 11:40 AM
04/10/20 11:40 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Originally Posted by Dirt
I keep hearing on the tv and radio " we are all in this together!" I wish they wouldn't say "we" because I don't really support most of the nonsense that is going on.

"We" are definitely not in this together. The people who get a check from a govt. agency, including teachers, are still getting paid. Not one iota of economic pain will be felt by govt. employees. In fact, it is likely many cities, counties, states, will be raising taxes on unemployed people. I live in the Fairbanks Borough. The new budget submitted by the mayor is an increase from last year with 6 new positions. The property tax mill rate will have to be raised likely. Additionally, property assessments were set at the first of the year. All property assessments were raised across the board. I doubt that this property is worth that assessment now. It won't be changed tho.
When you see people on the TV, hear them on the radio, telling us to stay home, you can bet those are people whose income is guaranteed.
When/if this is over those of us in the private sector will expected to pick up a few crumbs. The govt folks will be at the dealers buying new trucks and toys!
MT

Last edited by martentrapper; 04/10/20 11:41 AM.
Re: A TIME TO REFLECT [Re: Bogmaster] #6837020
04/10/20 11:43 AM
04/10/20 11:43 AM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Words to take to heart, thank you Tom

Re: A TIME TO REFLECT [Re: Bogmaster] #6837780
04/10/20 10:54 PM
04/10/20 10:54 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline OP
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline OP
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
We are another day closer to the way we were. Lets hope for the best.
Have you called your friends and relatives lately? I know they would appreciate hearing from you.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: A TIME TO REFLECT [Re: Bogmaster] #6837839
04/10/20 11:23 PM
04/10/20 11:23 PM
South Carolina
T
Tom cat Offline
trapper
Tom cat  Offline
trapper
T