No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Shut down [Re: upstateNY] #6836756
04/10/20 07:41 AM
04/10/20 07:41 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
They shut our parks and lakes down last week cuz they were so crowded and public bathrooms overflowing. 1 hr wait to launch a boat with a 1/4 mi line.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Shut down [Re: trapdog1] #6836827
04/10/20 08:53 AM
04/10/20 08:53 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline OP
trapper
upstateNY  Offline OP
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Jacks
Boco

I wouldn’t say too much

Ontario is closing down boat access all over ontario also, and not just at Toronto

I notice this one was just ignored. grin

I looked it up.everything that's closed here,,is closed there also.Bozo just likes to bash us out of envy.Very pathetic little subject he is.Sad really.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Shut down [Re: upstateNY] #6836887
04/10/20 09:41 AM
04/10/20 09:41 AM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Haven't been around long on here, but the number of threads that go this direction is pretty high. Something like this:

1. Angry thread starts protesting shut down measures by US state and or Federal government.
2. Other posters agree, and expand upon the perceived overreach by the US government, insults are directed at various political officials, sometimes the questions is raised that the entire US government is in on a scam, the country is going down the drain, etc.
3. A Tman member who is Canadian gets on, says something less radical and insulting to the US than any of the other previous posts...and
4. All heck breaks loose.

Seriously, toughen up a bit guys. And give Boco a break, I think it's healthy to get a weigh in from someone who isn't living smack in the middle of this nonsense, but seems able to apply critical thinking and humor to it, and has a pretty thick skin.

Re: Shut down [Re: Co�s] #6836893
04/10/20 09:44 AM
04/10/20 09:44 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Coös
Haven't been around long on here, but the number of threads that go this direction is pretty high. Something like this:

1. Angry thread starts protesting shut down measures by US state and or Federal government.
2. Other posters agree, and expand upon the perceived overreach by the US government, insults are directed at various political officials, sometimes the questions is raised that the entire US government is in on a scam, the country is going down the drain, etc.
3. A Tman member who is Canadian gets on, says something less radical and insulting to the US than any of the other previous posts...and
4. All heck breaks loose.

Seriously, toughen up a bit guys. And give Boco a break, I think it's healthy to get a weigh in from someone who isn't living smack in the middle of this nonsense, but seems able to apply critical thinking and humor to it, and has a pretty thick skin.

Lol, poor little Boco. grin

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Shut down [Re: Boco] #6836917
04/10/20 10:03 AM
04/10/20 10:03 AM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline
trapper
harleydparts  Offline
trapper

east TN, USA
Originally Posted by Boco
Finding out you never really had the freedom you thought you did got you a bit disgruntled eh,lol

I'd say your neighbors in New Brunswick are feeling about the same right now about bear season.

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: Shut down [Re: Boco] #6836929
04/10/20 10:13 AM
04/10/20 10:13 AM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by Boco
Sounds like you guys depend on your government for a lot of things.

Lots of self-reliant, rural, upstate New York residents are not dependent upon the NYS
Government Of Governor Andrew Cuomo for anything as they are self-employed,
self sufficient, and independent.

This in spite of NYS Government's attempt to force us into total dependence upon government.

We, in upstate New York, just need the government to get out of the way so we can continue
to lead the independent lifestyle to which we've grown accustomed.

NYS government takes our tax monies for NYC but ignores us for any help we might need,
so actually, they are dependent upon us, and not the other way around.

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Shut down [Re: upstateNY] #6836936
04/10/20 10:20 AM
04/10/20 10:20 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Yall need to just quit paying taxes! Everyone said enough, what would they do?

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Shut down [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6836948
04/10/20 10:38 AM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

Yup. I know if be lost if I was in any of these governor's shoes. There is no clear path to what is wrong and what is right for them to do. Most of us never have and never will need to make a decision where the blood of thousands of people could wind up on our hands.

Re: Shut down [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6836949
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

I have often wondered how long a local Town Government would be able to function, if the only people in the Town that paid taxes for 3 straight years, were just the Town Board members.. Could they last even a full year ???

Last edited by Canvasback2; 04/10/20 10:38 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread