No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New pistol for the wife [Re: gdccowboy] #6837613
04/10/20 09:21 PM
04/10/20 09:21 PM
Indiana
D
DanN Offline
trapper
DanN  Offline
trapper
D

Indiana
Bersa combat .380 , 16 rounds of .380 , sized right for female hands, very mild recoil. Lightweight j frame .38s only hold 5 shots have really heavy triggers and are painful to shoot with anything more than wad cutters.

Re: New pistol for the wife [Re: Nessmuck] #6837619
04/10/20 09:26 PM
04/10/20 09:26 PM
PA
C
cablejohn Offline
trapper
cablejohn  Offline
trapper
C

PA
Originally Posted by Nessmuck
[Linked Image]

About 5 years ago my wife and her friend took a shooting class through the NRA. One of the instructors let her shoot a K22 Masterpiece.....she hit everything with it and loved that gun the best. So of course we had to get a couple. ...A 1957 &1960..... i said you have good taste honey.

In my opinion the k 22 is the finest revolver ever made.

Re: New pistol for the wife [Re: gdccowboy] #6837639
04/10/20 09:40 PM
04/10/20 09:40 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas

I refuse to disagree with any of yall because in the end, if it is something his wife can carry and use with confidence then it is PERFECT for her. Id never want to see some kind of POC predator observing a woman who was fumbling with her piece and trembling with fear that she would do it wrong. Instead let the wifey get sassy with him the way they do with us when we wash traps in the dishwasher or butcher frogs in the bathtub (on of my more memorable personal failings. grin )

Maybe the rent several guns at a range that shoot the same ammo and let her test them out is the best idea. At minimum you could find out what she favors even if it meant you ultimately went and found it online afterwards. My FFL guy charges me $25 bucks a box up to five new toys in the box. If someone like cheaper than dirt ships from 2 locations he counts it as one.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread