No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: danny clifton] #6837932
04/11/20 04:01 AM
04/11/20 04:01 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I think its evil to see a little kid going through chemo etc and still dying a horrible death, a little at a time, from cancer, and the whole time having the ability to cure that cancer. If an invisible man like that really exists that invisible man is worse than hitler.

That's a brazen statement coming from someone who believes its a Christian right to hold a service endangering innocent children and adults to a virus that's known to kill without discretion.
If you believe in that route, looks to me like it would only be a small step to say its God's right to kill whom he chooses. But then aqain wasn't Adam given instruction which he disregarded?

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6837935
04/11/20 04:16 AM
04/11/20 04:16 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I never said anything about a christian right. I said PEOPLE have a right to peacefully assemble

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6837937
04/11/20 04:30 AM
04/11/20 04:30 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
So your version of a peaceful assembly would be the right to have a pool party with a pool full of gators. Just how peaceful is that ?

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6837943
04/11/20 04:56 AM
04/11/20 04:56 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
what are you so upset about? feeling a little wanky about the bill of rights?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: danny clifton] #6837958
04/11/20 06:24 AM
04/11/20 06:24 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I think its evil to see a little kid going through chemo etc and still dying a horrible death, a little at a time, from cancer, and the whole time having the ability to cure that cancer. If an invisible man like that really exists that invisible man is worse than hitler.

Seems to me you are the one that's nervous about God being Sovereign. You are trying to straddle both sides and you will find its not peaceful to put God on a cart and haul Him around to fit your needs.

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6837983
04/11/20 07:27 AM
04/11/20 07:27 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
IC now. Your mad cause I said the emperor has no clothes.

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: danny clifton] #6837993
04/11/20 07:37 AM
04/11/20 07:37 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO

Danny - That invisible man was betrayed, belittled, beaten, pierced, had spikes driven through him, hung on a cross, and died so you might have an eternal hope of a better life. His name is Jesus. He was, is, and will be. He is my Savior, my Redeemer, Friend, Father, and Lamb of God.

Danny - You have the ability to do a lot of things. Are you worse than Hitler for not doing them? We see things from a single perspective and our views. Gods plan is much greater than ours. Do I not understand a lot of why does God allow certain things - heck ya, but I put my trust in Him. I try, with Gods help, to live my life as pleasing to the Lord, giving Him thanks for all He has done for me. God has guided me over the years and I clearly see Him working in peoples lives. You are included.

Last edited by TreedaBlackdog; 04/11/20 07:38 AM.
Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6838007
04/11/20 07:47 AM
04/11/20 07:47 AM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline
trapper
BuckMink  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Romans 6:23 " For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

You and I have have both sinned before a Holy God, and even our best before a blameless God is not good enough. God loves you so much that he made that way through his son Jesus by your belief and confession.

Noah was righteous before God's eyes in a crooked generation..."Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence." God destroyed by death through the Flood.

Genisis 19: 23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

God destroying by death...

For the wages of sin is death...

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: rex123] #6838008
04/11/20 07:49 AM
Indiana
cattails Offline
trapper
cattails  Offline
trapper

Indiana
Originally Posted by rex123
So they wouldn't eat from the tree of life and live for ever.

It was only after they ate from the ( tree of knowledge).
With respect to the creator, I find this perplexing. Why was mankind not allowed knowledge ?

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6838009

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Some on this website, thankfully very few, mock and despise God, and it's sad to witness, for they allow their view and man's view of God to lead them. That has been going on since Adam and the woman yet to be called Eve did what was right in their own eyes (Gen. 3:6) = sin. We're all guilty each day of sinful behavior because we're all Adam's seed.

In Hebrew Scripture, an Israelite that blasphemed or acted/spoke against YHWH, acted in a presumptuous way, which was an unpardonable sin for a Hebrew. Committing a presumptuous, intentional sin against God was punishable by death (Deut. 17:11-12).

If you don't have faith in God, or His Anointed Ones (Christ), that's a statement of faith you freely give, and all have that privilege. But it isn't a good plan to intentionally mock God.

For some who deem Scripture foolishness, they may not realize;
God doesn't promise followers of Christ that we won't suffer while on earth, in fact it's the opposite. Satan rules earth at present so we can expect pandemics and more.
Blessedly, God revealed to us the answers in His Story on how it all works and fits together, beginning to the end times (Scripture). He tells believers, we will be persecuted for our faith, and that we may suffer "a little while" (in comparison to eternity). Deut. 8:2-5 in Hebrew and then 1 Peter 1:4-9 and other passages in the Greek text.

I've read 1 Peter - quietly and emotionally - alongside parents whose child has committed suicide, who's parent has died from sickness, and more. It's meant to help us know God's Mercy and Lovingkindness. It's a tough passage, but it's truth we can rest upon if we choose. Seems the world currently is resting on panic mode.

1 Peter 1:4-9

"to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls (NASB).

Blessings y'all!
Mark

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6838014
04/11/20 07:53 AM
04/11/20 07:53 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
i don't understand nuclear weapons but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

love this post

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: cattails] #6838023
04/11/20 08:02 AM
04/11/20 08:02 AM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline
trapper
BuckMink  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by cattails
Originally Posted by rex123
So they wouldn't eat from the tree of life and live for ever.

It was only after they ate from the ( tree of knowledge).
With respect to the creator, I find this perplexing. Why was mankind not allowed knowledge ?

It was the act of trying to be like God.

Genesis 3:4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Its not that knowledge isn't good, but not trusting God and trying to be him.

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: ] #6838024
04/11/20 08:03 AM
04/11/20 08:03 AM
pennsylvania
R
rick brocious Offline
trapper
rick brocious  Offline
trapper
R

pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Mark June
Some on this website, thankfully very few, mock and despise God, and it's sad to witness, for they allow their view and man's view of God to lead them. That has been going on since Adam and the woman yet to be called Eve did what was right in their own eyes (Gen. 3:6) = sin. We're all guilty each day of sinful behavior because we're all Adam's seed.

In Hebrew Scripture, an Israelite that blasphemed or acted/spoke against YHWH, acted in a presumptuous way, which was an unpardonable sin for a Hebrew. Committing a presumptuous, intentional sin against God was punishable by death (Deut. 17:11-12).

If you don't have faith in God, or His Anointed Ones (Christ), that's a statement of faith you freely give, and all have that privilege. But it isn't a good plan to intentionally mock God.

For some who deem Scripture foolishness, they may not realize;
God doesn't promise followers of Christ that we won't suffer while on earth, in fact it's the opposite. Satan rules earth at present so we can expect pandemics and more.
Blessedly, God revealed to us the answers in His Story on how it all works and fits together, beginning to the end times (Scripture). He tells believers, we will be persecuted for our faith, and that we may suffer "a little while" (in comparison to eternity). Deut. 8:2-5 in Hebrew and then 1 Peter 1:4-9 and other passages in the Greek text.

I've read 1 Peter - quietly and emotionally - alongside parents whose child has committed suicide, who's parent has died from sickness, and more. It's meant to help us know God's Mercy and Lovingkindness. It's a tough passage, but it's truth we can rest upon if we choose. Seems the world currently is resting on panic mode.

1 Peter 1:4-9

"to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls (NASB).

Blessings y'all!
Mark

LOVE THIS POST ! Thanks Mark .

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6838044
04/11/20 08:16 AM
04/11/20 08:16 AM
Indiana
cattails Offline
trapper
cattails  Offline
trapper

Indiana

So, we were created in his image. It would be our natural inclination to grow and learn from him. Yet … we are not allowed to know the difference between good and evil. And yet, we have to know the difference between good and evil to survive. Makes me question the whole adam and eve story

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6838063
04/11/20 08:40 AM
04/11/20 08:40 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
how do you mock and desoise something that does not exist? i must admit to mocking superstition however

the emperor is not wearing any clothes

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6838100
04/11/20 09:09 AM
04/11/20 09:09 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
how do you mock and desoise something that does not exist? i must admit to mocking superstition however

the emperor is not wearing any clothes

Why do you question why God would allow a child to die?
In an atheistic world, that would simply be natural selection, nothing good or evil about it.
In fact, nothing in such a world could be called evil. There's no standard of good or evil in a world where such concepts have no reason to exist.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: cattails] #6838108
04/11/20 09:12 AM
04/11/20 09:12 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by cattails

So, we were created in his image. It would be our natural inclination to grow and learn from him. Yet … we are not allowed to know the difference between good and evil. And yet, we have to know the difference between good and evil to survive. Makes me question the whole adam and eve story

They wanted to be like God. Same sin that Lucifer commited. They believed they knew better than God what was best for them. Pride is always where sin starts.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: waggler] #6838140
04/11/20 09:29 AM
04/11/20 09:29 AM
SE Mo
F
Frogger79 Offline
trapper
Frogger79  Offline
trapper
F

SE Mo
Evolution is nonsense and the most dangerous theory out there.

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6838146
04/11/20 09:32 AM
04/11/20 09:32 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Why do you question why God would allow a child to die?
In an atheistic world, that would simply be natural selection, nothing good or evil about it.
In fact, nothing in such a world could be called evil. There's no standard of good or evil in a world where such concepts have no reason to exist.

Your kidding right? You really believe that without your religion people would prey on each other unceasingly?

To answer your question about allowing a child to die, don't you claim your god is love? What is loving about cancer? I simply don't see it. I have heard all the stuff about we can't know gods will, free will, the reward is in heaven and on and on and on. The only thing that makes any sense at all to me is the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes. When a child dies of a horrible cancer, or a mother dies in childbirth, or we humans set each other on fire with napalm, it is not stopped because there is no invisible man to stop it.

Re: Question for you Adam and Eve believers [Re: Frogger79] #6838167
04/11/20 09:38 AM
04/11/20 09:38 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Frogger79
Evolution is nonsense and the most dangerous theory out there.

Evolution is not nonsense even for a creationist. If you believe God created living breathing creatures, it would be reasonable to believe they were created with the ability to evolve and adapt to their environments.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread