No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Coronavirus Deaths US and Western Europe [Re: cohunt] #6838446
04/11/20 01:13 PM
04/11/20 01:13 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
So in other words you left Germany out because it doesn't fit your narrative

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Coronavirus Deaths US and Western Europe [Re: cohunt] #6838448
04/11/20 01:14 PM
04/11/20 01:14 PM
Port Jervis, NY
B
beachcomber13 Offline
trapper
beachcomber13  Offline
trapper
B

Port Jervis, NY
Italy has the highest population of old people on the planet. A lot of people over there kiss on the cheek to say hello, rather than shaking hands.

Any NEW disease is going to take a quicker toll on any population, whether people or animals, than a disease that we're accostumed to and have built up anibodies against over time.

Social distancing is slowing it but its still going to pass through all of the population. Those that are gonna die are gonna die.

Re: Coronavirus Deaths US and Western Europe [Re: cohunt] #6838473
04/11/20 01:50 PM
04/11/20 01:50 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline OP
trapper
cohunt  Offline OP
trapper
C

revillo, sd
S-49er. I do not think you know the meaning of the word narrative, I am sure that the people who are/will study the reasons for differing outcomes among European nations coronavirus patients will find the great differences among neighboring states puzzling but also perhaps useful. Inasmuch as I was formulating no narrative but was accumulating critical and available data that would be useful in developing contrasts in outcomes between that seen in the US and some other area of the world that had much higher death rates. If we were looking for much lower death rates we could find those data in southeast Asia, and indeed I am sure that much retrospective research will be done with those data as well.

Re: Coronavirus Deaths US and Western Europe [Re: cohunt] #6838492
04/11/20 02:11 PM
04/11/20 02:11 PM
North Cental Kansas
J
jarrett Offline
trapper
jarrett  Offline
trapper
J

North Cental Kansas
Everyone needs to remember that numbers are the most easily manipulated thing in the world, IMO. If truth were known half of the deaths are because of these people’s underlying health issues, but if they put down Helen dies of kidney failure instead of the virus that she got yesterday, even though she had been on dialysis for ten years, doctors can’t tally another chunk of money off this. The hospitals have an open checkbook from the govt. over this.

It's your story, tell it how you want me to believe it
Re: Coronavirus Deaths US and Western Europe [Re: cohunt] #6838506
04/11/20 02:27 PM
04/11/20 02:27 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline OP
trapper
cohunt  Offline OP
trapper
C

revillo, sd
It is too bad this thread left the track long ago. The first response to my question was a no and that was followed by a sharp U turn into the ditch from which it has not returned. Just as in every other coronavirus thread on this forum, most have very strong feelings for or against(mostly against) certain positions and/or actions taken by our governing bodies and use every available opportunity to sell their point of view. Because I was curious about the reason so many are strongly opposed to the actions that our various levels of government have taken, I wondered if our relatively low death rate from the disease, as contrasted to a portion of the world where many of our ancestors originated might be why they felt the government actions were not warranted. It appears that my question will go unanswered here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread