No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839495
04/12/20 10:14 AM
04/12/20 10:14 AM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Don't you guys have that other thread as your playground?

Careful their beaverpeeler one of the most dangerous things in the universe is a cornered religious fanatics.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839503
04/12/20 10:19 AM
04/12/20 10:19 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
The problem with science is to much theory. Which is a educated guess.

The problem with scientific theory is that for the ignorant they think it is a guess.

It's actually this.
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: walleyed] #6839506
04/12/20 10:23 AM
04/12/20 10:23 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by Scuba1
You obviously know jack about my lineage

Heinrich Himmler's great, great grand-son, right ? eek

You've got good potential as a chicken farmer.

w

Walleyed. You may as well stop trying to offend me. Ya see in order for that to work I would first have to value your opinion. On this subject thats not going to happen brother.
grin If we ever met, I would still buy you a beer.

Last edited by Scuba1; 04/12/20 10:24 AM.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839516
04/12/20 10:27 AM
04/12/20 10:27 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
A thread for those of us that are interested in this kind of thing.

Over my lifetime the age of human ancestors has been getting pushed further and further back. I have read with fascination the discoveries made over the years. Advances in science in the past 20-30 years have shed so much new light. When I had an anthropology class in the mid-70's the discussion was what had happened to the Neanderthals? Since there was an overlap of our direct ancestors with them had we killed them off? Was it possible that we had interbred? And of course now we know the truth. We just absorbed their smaller numbers into one mongrel race that includes about 2% Neanderthal DNA in all but people of african ancestry. That 2% is really a huge number when you think about it. I have read that we share 99% of our DNA with our closest primate relative the chimpanzee!

I think it is fascinating stuff. It is equally as fascinating to me how indoctrination has and continues to be so successful at controlling the masses, and taking their money I might add.

A real good link for anyone else who finds this story of humankind most interesting.
where did we come from

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839520
04/12/20 10:28 AM
04/12/20 10:28 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
I didn't mean to imply science is wrong, or bad, just a lot in science is theory. You are right about everything that comes out of our head is theory, until it becomes proven fact. My theory is: There are things we will never know. but in turn that doesn't mean we should not try to figure them out. At the moment shared DNA is fact, but human evolution remains theory.

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839525
04/12/20 10:29 AM
04/12/20 10:29 AM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
For anyone to draw a correlation between Germany and Great Britain is just plain stupid or any other part of Europe for that matter. To infer anyone has anything to do with the final solution that wasn’t there is speaking out of the wrong end of their gut.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839527
04/12/20 10:30 AM
04/12/20 10:30 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

The fascinating thing about most if not all the science disciplines is that the more you dig, the more you see that there is more to learn. The picture just keeps getting more and more complex. Like beaver peeler mentioned scientific things we learned in the 70's need to be either relearned or modified on a regular basis.

There are people on both ends of the spectrum who want to use science to either support an agenda -climate change for example-, or to bash science -young earthers for example. Both of them willfully blind to science.

I read an interesting book a few years ago that described the dispersal of mankind across the globe, I can't remember the name, sorry. However, even that book may be supplanted by new discoveries by now.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: rvsask] #6839534
04/12/20 10:36 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by rvsask

Over my lifetime the age of human ancestors has been getting pushed further and further back. I have read with fascination the discoveries made over the years. Advances in science in the past 20-30 years have shed so much new light. When I had an anthropology class in the mid-70's the discussion was what had happened to the Neanderthals? Since there was an overlap of our direct ancestors with them had we killed them off? Was it possible that we had interbred? And of course now we know the truth. We just absorbed their smaller numbers into one mongrel race that includes about 2% Neanderthal DNA in all but people of african ancestry. That 2% is really a huge number when you think about it. I have read that we share 99% of our DNA with our closest primate relative the chimpanzee!

I think it is fascinating stuff. It is equally as fascinating to me how indoctrination has and continues to be so successful at controlling the masses, and taking their money I might add.

A real good link for anyone else who finds this story of humankind most interesting.
where did we come from

That link is an article that is a collective bunch of giant poor hypothesis', imo.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: Co�s] #6839535
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Coös
Probably why the human race is the dominant species on the planet.

Genesis 1:28 - And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839536
04/12/20 10:37 AM
04/12/20 10:37 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
There are things we will never know. but in turn that doesn't mean we should not try to figure them out. At the moment shared DNA is fact, but human evolution remains theory.

In science, theory explains the fact. Take whitetails for example, there are 30 subspecies in N.A alone and the reason for this fact is found in the Theory of Adaptation.

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839540
04/12/20 10:38 AM
04/12/20 10:38 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler

Again interesting. Now the question is where is the missing link between man and the chimp. If there is one.

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839542
04/12/20 10:40 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
You have a good point there Waggler. Science has been watered down with politics these days because of different agendas. That though as you said is not true science. The principle thing is missing on that route and that is an open mind.
I still think that we should come back to the original theme on another day once the easter thing has passed. Not that I am known for being overly PC but ....... well ya know

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839543
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
That link is an article that is a collective bunch of giant poor hypothesis', imo.

Of course it is in "your opinion". But truthfully how much of a chance have you ever given that argument in your entire life? Has just accepting your opinion (possibly an opinion indoctrinated into you as a youth) without question, how it has always been?

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: Scuba1] #6839555
04/12/20 10:47 AM
04/12/20 10:47 AM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.

Walleyed. You may as well stop trying to offend me. Ya see in order for that to work I would first have to value your opinion. On this subject thats not going to happen brother.
grin If we ever met, I would still buy you a beer.

Definitely not trying to offend you, but that anti-semitic/
anti-religious comment on Easter Sunday was a bit over the top,
even for you.

If we ever meet, I'll drink your beer.

wash your hands.

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: Scuba1] #6839570
04/12/20 10:53 AM
04/12/20 10:53 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

You have a good point there Waggler. Science has been watered down with politics these days because of different agendas. That though as you said is not true science. The principle thing is missing on that route and that is an open mind.
I still think that we should come back to the original theme on another day once the easter thing has passed. Not that I am known for being overly PC but ....... well ya know

Scuba,
I plan to go to church (virtually of course) later today to celebrate the Resurrection, however, I am not at all conflicted talking science. Can I explain the Resurrection scientifically? No, it is not a subject of science.
Just the idea that mankind has an inquiring mind is an interesting subject in itself. I doubt any other species in the animal kingdom sit around and speculate on these things.

Last edited by waggler; 04/12/20 10:54 AM.

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839572
04/12/20 10:54 AM
04/12/20 10:54 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
we need to change it from"Trap Talk" to "Trap Bicker". grin

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839578
04/12/20 10:58 AM
04/12/20 10:58 AM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Is it heresy to believe in CHRIST and science? I think not. Many of you will disparage my faith because of my last question. Then go off and thump your chest with pride. For none are so blind as those who would not see and brothers and sisters there is a mountain of evidence and it is growing faster than ever. You can make a diamond in a lab so easily the world uses them as abrasives. But no one and I mean not one fossil has ever been made in a lab, because it takes TIME. And before any of you crackerjacks start holleren what about the FAKES? Everyone was found out and it was science that exposed them.

If not for science we would still be stareing at the southern end of a north bound goat and wondering what that comet “portends “ and why the crops are failing and maybe that voice in our head telling us to kill our son may be on to something. WHHHAAATTTT?

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: beaverpeeler] #6839582
04/12/20 11:01 AM
04/12/20 11:01 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

I must be missing something; I don't see any bickering.

Anyway, here's an interesting article that appeared in yesterdays Anchorage paper.
The dispersal of humans from the eastern hemisphere to north and south America is really fascinating. The area described in the article was actually a grassland at that time (late Pleistocene). I think it's a little curious that the writer didn't point out that fact.
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/sci...-brooks-range-known-for-extreme-weather/

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: rvsask] #6839583
04/12/20 11:04 AM
04/12/20 11:04 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
There are things we will never know. but in turn that doesn't mean we should not try to figure them out. At the moment shared DNA is fact, but human evolution remains theory.

In science, theory explains the fact. Take whitetails for example, there are 30 subspecies in N.A alone and the reason for this fact is found in the Theory of Adaptation.
To the contrary facts are used to validate theory.

Re: The human evolutionary tree [Re: rvsask] #6839586
04/12/20 11:07 AM
04/12/20 11:07 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

Of course it is in "your opinion". But truthfully how much of a chance have you ever given that argument in your entire life? Has just accepting your opinion (possibly an opinion indoctrinated into you as a youth) without question, how it has always been?

RV, I don't think I ever come to a conclusion or belief without doing my own research. I'm my own man so to speak and come to my own beliefs when I have satisfied my quest. That article, written by a scientific journalist, and a bunch like it use, we don't knows and probably's. I respect others opinions, as for mine I believe that all things including us are here because of the Creator.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread