No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844305
04/16/20 11:05 AM
04/16/20 11:05 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 28,978
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 28,978
potter co. p.a.
i have yet begun to fight









Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844307
04/16/20 11:05 AM
04/16/20 11:05 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,263
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERB🦝 Offline
trapper
SNIPERB🦝  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,263
Rodney,Ohio
Life is more than simple survival. Take away meaning to life is a sure recipe for death. Some parents if friends of mine were more scared of retiring from the local power plant than anything. Many if their friends died within a year of retiring as they lost the purpose and meaning. Depression is raging right now among people payed off or their business is shutdown

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: ~ADC~] #6844313
04/16/20 11:10 AM
04/16/20 11:10 AM
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,327
WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,327
WI
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I hope when you get it, you don't go giving it to some older trapper like Paul or beav and he dies from it because you were too ignorant to do your part.


ADC, I have to disagree with your statement a few posts above. Just because people want to live doesn't mean their ignorant. You assume people are just throwing caution to the wind and that's not true. We all can live our lives and adapt. We can go to the store, go outside, go to work, even play sports and be safe about it. We don't need to be locked up in our homes like criminals. We dont need to shut the country down. We can keep running, but change some things to help.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844317
04/16/20 11:13 AM
04/16/20 11:13 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,623
SE Minn
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,623
SE Minn
I'm almost 65 so I'm in the danger zone as far as age but it's not up to someone else to not infect me it's up to me to not get infected.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844318
04/16/20 11:13 AM
04/16/20 11:13 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,648
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,648
North East Kansas
25,000 dead out of 350 million is not a pandemic first of all. Something like 7000 people die a day in the USA and in 2020 less than 100 a day from kung flu so far, obesity and smoking kill's over a million Americans a year....shut that down and you will really save a lot of lives but no one cares because the media has not told them too.

This will most likely go on until they have a vaccine....and a way for everyone to show they have had the vaccine or massive amounts of testing and a way to track everyone....

Kung flu is the way 'they' can beat Trump in November and 'they' are going to use it as much as 'they' can....the libs/sodalists/globalists will continue to run the economy into the ground until November. They anti freedom folks have been pushing for their way for a while and thought they had it licked in 2016 with a 2 term presidency of hillary coming so they could put the nails in the coffin of the USA that we love...actually the nails in the coffin of the free world. If they think this will give them the opportunity that they have been looking for they will run the world economy into the dirt and hope that when they take control people will be easier to 'manage'. They will fight to keep things shut down for as long as possible....and keep the pro china propaganda flowing.


Free the Kenosha Kid
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: Rat Masterson] #6844319
04/16/20 11:14 AM
04/16/20 11:14 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 28,978
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 28,978
potter co. p.a.
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
I'm almost 65 so I'm in the danger zone as far as age but it's not up to someone else to not infect me it's up to me to not get infected.

there it is









Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844321
04/16/20 11:16 AM
04/16/20 11:16 AM
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 13,977
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 13,977
OH
If my Mama were still living she would have said phttttt, virus smhirus. She would do what she wanted no matter what anyone said. She would have been helping anybody and everybody she could, did that all her life. That generation seen polio, mumps, measles, scarlet fever and so on. They quarantined the sick, the vulnerable chose for themselves to quarantine or not and the rest kept America going.

Everyone appreciates the people on the frontlines, everyone is saddened by the losses of family and friends. However, we can't let this put us into a depression, that will be worse than the virus. We also can't give up our inalienable rights, they are there always, especially in times like we're in.


I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844322
04/16/20 11:17 AM
04/16/20 11:17 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,263
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERB🦝 Offline
trapper
SNIPERB🦝  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,263
Rodney,Ohio
Just to take it to trapping, if you're a water trapper, especially a beaver trapper, you're taking a big risk when you get in the water. I get some weird heeby jeebies when I start getting stomach deep because I've nearly drowned twice, once woke up in a hospital after a swimming incident in a pool. I still beaver trap, but I'm pretty cautious about it. I wear gloves all time working at the hospital and am careful in taking them off and constantly wash em.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844325
04/16/20 11:21 AM
04/16/20 11:21 AM
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,327
WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,327
WI
The virus is real no doubt, but the media is purposely making it sound the the sky is falling.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6844328
04/16/20 11:21 AM
04/16/20 11:21 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,839
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,839
Iowa
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I hope when you get it, you don't go giving it to some older trapper like Paul or beav and he dies from it because you were too ignorant to do your part.


ADC, I have to disagree with your statement a few posts above. Just because people want to live doesn't mean their ignorant. You assume people are just throwing caution to the wind and that's not true. We all can live our lives and adapt. We can go to the store, go outside, go to work, even play sports and be safe about it. We don't need to be locked up in our homes like criminals. We dont need to shut the country down. We can keep running, but change some things to help.


That's all well and good but I went to town just yesterday, and witnessed first hand the ignorance of people. Almost no masks, no gloves, steady stream in and out of stores with stupid little items, totally non-essential stuff. I have a few very good friends and family that are high risk, and if they get it they will most likely die from it. I'm not going to be the one who gave it to them.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844331
04/16/20 11:23 AM
04/16/20 11:23 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,584
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,584
rogers city mi.
I've been at high risk for decades I take the same precautions I always have to minimize risk I've known many that have died because they couldn't get proper care in time or couldn't fight of easily contacted disease Now because its on every media feed the whole country acts like they give a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)


olden tyred
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844334
04/16/20 11:27 AM
04/16/20 11:27 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,623
SE Minn
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,623
SE Minn
You hit the nail on the head, do the right thing and stay away from stupid people, cause you can't fix stupid.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844335
04/16/20 11:27 AM
04/16/20 11:27 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 784
MI
C
Coös Offline
trapper
Coös  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 784
MI
My father is a quadriplegic and extremely high risk. He has 24/7 caregivers come to his home. If one of his caregivers carries the virus into his home, he's going to be in a bad spot. He has no means by which to protect himself from exposure.

Folks who have loved ones who are high risk have no concern for your ideas about your rights and freedoms. And no one can blame them for that. No one. They aren't scared for themselves, they're scared for those who have no means by which to protect themselves. In a country where our forebearers sacrificed so much that we would have the FREEDOM to do what we needed to do to protect vulnerable people to a threat such as this, your selfishness is beyond comprehension.

Do what you will, but for God's sake stop whining about your freedoms, unless your freedoms are truly a matter of life or death.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844336
04/16/20 11:28 AM
04/16/20 11:28 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 124
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 124
alabama
I see people using gloves all over the place here. It's not doing them , or anyone else, a bit of good, because they are not using them correctly. Same with masks. They are, for the most part, feel good measures.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844338
04/16/20 11:29 AM
04/16/20 11:29 AM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 3,841
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 3,841
Maine, Aroostook
Our governor declared another thirty days of the status quo as of yesterday. I need a haircut bad.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844339
04/16/20 11:29 AM
04/16/20 11:29 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 16,077
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 16,077
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Got a cousin who is a doctor in Chicago, one here in Maryland, several nurse and EMTs.

Maryland is setting a temp morgue at the hospital. I asked him about it and all he said was “appearances”.



-Goofy-
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: Marty] #6844340
04/16/20 11:29 AM
04/16/20 11:29 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,839
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,839
Iowa
Originally Posted by Marty
25,000 dead out of 350 million is not a pandemic first of all. Something like 7000 people die a day in the USA and in 2020 less than 100 a day from kung flu so far, obesity and smoking kill's over a million Americans a year....shut that down and you will really save a lot of lives but no one cares because the media has not told them too.

This will most likely go on until they have a vaccine....and a way for everyone to show they have had the vaccine or massive amounts of testing and a way to track everyone....

Kung flu is the way 'they' can beat Trump in November and 'they' are going to use it as much as 'they' can....the libs/sodalists/globalists will continue to run the economy into the ground until November. They anti freedom folks have been pushing for their way for a while and thought they had it licked in 2016 with a 2 term presidency of hillary coming so they could put the nails in the coffin of the USA that we love...actually the nails in the coffin of the free world. If they think this will give them the opportunity that they have been looking for they will run the world economy into the dirt and hope that when they take control people will be easier to 'manage'. They will fight to keep things shut down for as long as possible....and keep the pro china propaganda flowing.


I'm still voting for Trump, and doing my part to slow the spread of this. I also don't watch the media. But as your president said ,had we just carried on, business as usual, this thing could of been HUGE by now, with WAY more deaths, but because a lot of people are doing what they can to stop its spread, there are people running around with their "stats" and saying "see it's not that bad" well duh, of course, because what we are doing is helping.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844341
04/16/20 11:29 AM
04/16/20 11:29 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,363
AK
A
ApocalypticGoatH Offline
trapper
ApocalypticGoatH  Offline
trapper
A

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,363
AK
Hopefully people who are at risk will see this as a wake up call to live a healthier lifestyle. I'm A month away from my 68th birthday. I can't do anything about my age but I can do things that lessen my risk of dying from this disease. Unfortunately viruses lack compassion. I don't go to medical professions for compassion I go to them to tell me what I need to do to improve my health.

Last edited by ApocalypticGoatH; 04/16/20 11:30 AM.

If I'm going to drink Kool Aid It's going to be the flavor I choose.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6844342
04/16/20 11:29 AM
04/16/20 11:29 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,985
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,985
east central WI
Our forefathers didn't sacrifice so much for our freedoms to have them taken away so easily.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: Coös] #6844344
04/16/20 11:31 AM
04/16/20 11:31 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 124
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 124
alabama
So, everyone else should give up there rights and freedoms to protect you and yours. Who is being selfish again?

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread