No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845054
04/16/20 07:33 PM
04/16/20 07:33 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Yep

Report a post club - Non member

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: star flakes] #6845056
04/16/20 07:34 PM
04/16/20 07:34 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by star flakes
In reading these threads, what is the common thread is FEAR. People who work in healing the sick are rightly upset when they see people not taking this seriously, and it places the health restorers in jeopardy with their families.
The other focus is the economy, in people fearing they are losing their investments and want the country moving, as they conclude this will protect them.

This virus is a biological weapon, and in that it is different strains of viruses which has been proven, so there are different symptoms for people from deadly to slight.

What the President and the Governors are engaged in, is not fighting this virus, as it can not be fought. The measures which are being taken are to slow the virus, so the people who are worst hit have a chance of not suffocating in their own fluids, and can be placed on a ventilator. Most will have a form of this virus in time. America is trying to manage a pandemic, which was released in China, covered up, and then spread deliberately to America and other nations by the Chinese PLA as the evidence revealed. America is trying to not become Italy, Iran or China.
I doubt most reading this have tracked the genetics of these virus strains. Most people in New York and the surrounding areas are Italian and Chinese, due to the strains. People are not being told this.

There is going to be plenty of opportunity for those who are whistling in the graveyard in saying this virus is nothing like the flu in dangers in there will be waves of this virus hitting America through the summer. We are about to have the Snowbird and Easter wave hit in a few weeks, and there is a really bad Mexican wave which is out there. Check the communist Chinese pork plant of Smithfield in Sioux Falls. The strain there is lethal to Mexicans as Mexicans were brought in and spread it. 1 Mexican at Smithfield infected 80 workers by Good Friday. By the following Monday there were almost 1000 infected, and the numbers are growing rapidly. Smithfield has shut down plants in Missouri and Wisconsin as they had infected Mexicans too.
So this is understood, Mexicans do not fear as Americans fear. They take no steps to prevent spread and then they flee to other sanctuary areas to spread the virus.

The L strain which is the one which puts people on ventilators and kills them was a first wave. The S strain and I know those who have had it, found it terrifying, as this was not the flu, but as the person from Illinois said of their sister in law, she is still recovering after a month.

Fear is what is driving Americans apart. We all fear losing something. Some are phobic about being told to stay home. Some are fearful their portfolios are going to collapse. Others are fearful of losing their jobs. Some are fearful Corona will have them lose their lives or those they love. If we could all agree we are afraid, and it is ok to be afraid, then maybe we could stop sniping at each other, as every person has points which are valid to them.
I prefer to think of this as we are in a human deer season with this virus. Deer are not stupid in staying alive in sheltering in place, making certain they only come out when it is safe, and focusing on the things which will keep them alive, until the season is over. We are all deer now, but we are a diverse group on Tman and every person here has a great deal which adds to this site. We are all strong willed, stubborn and do not give up. That is why we are who we are as a group. This started with a medical worker being upset in people endangering him. None of us would want that. What is not spoken of here, is almost every case of people being sick, is from someone who was selfish in they did not have to follow the rules. Other people can wash their hands. Other people can stay home. Other people can hold their end up. That kind of "liberal excuse" has been embedded since the 1960's, and people got away with it, until a pandemic brought conservative reality to life, in you can;'t get away with things.

Personally, I handle my fear in being a Christian. I do not tempt God in gathering in worship groups, but I do like King David, put things into God's hands and trust that God knows best, and if I die, I have a Heaven where there will be endless vistas of all the wildlife and wilderness I love here. I can not take a portfolio with me, I trust God that if I lost everything that He will bring something better. I could die of a heart attack or a lightning strike like anyone here today. None of us knows how long we have. In God, I respect what Coronavirus can do, but I work to not be fearful of it, as people in my community are dying of normal things as before. That does not make Coronavirus any less deadly or harmful, no more than being shot in the war by a 7.62 AK or a IED. I am just going to pay attention so that when this is over, and by God's Grace I survive, I am not the person who gave the virus to a health worker who died, or gave it to a kid whose lungs are damaged for life.

Being upset is fine. Being afraid if fine. We just need to work on not tearing into each other, as the Chinese relish Americans ripping themselves apart and not focusing on the problem which started there.

God bless.

Good post star flakes, Thank you.

This virus has CRISPR written all over it. Interestingly, scientists also just recently announced finding "shocking" discovery of DNA in dinosaurs. You can't make this stuff up. I don't know where we are on God's timeline, but I will continue to pray and always keep the faith! Blessings to all and stay safe!. Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845061
04/16/20 07:36 PM
04/16/20 07:36 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
So, they have an exit plan now but no hint on timetable......when there is a 'downward trajectory'. Then they open up and the trajectory will swing up again.

This will keep up till November, election day....Biden wins and it will fade a way....Trump wins and it will keep going like the energizer bunny.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845064
04/16/20 07:40 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
Boco. I agree with you 100 percent As I look and read comments. I look at what part of the world you are from. Most posters are from states or areas with low population and very rural. That in it self is a great slow down for this virus. The main thing about the closures is to stop the spread so it doesn't reach our most vulnerable populations. This virus has been in the US and around the world for a while. A virus main purpose is to grow and spread. This little bugger is great at it. Highly contagious. And goes for your respitory system. LUNGS. Once your lungs are compromised and damaged. Game over. Big difference between this virus and others. Some of you said you work in health care but don't say what you do. I am an environmental service worker. Our main focus now is disinfecting. 3 times a day. Our residents aren't carriers nor are the other vulnerable population. My job is to keep it out of the building and to kill the virus if it enters. I am at risk outside our communities from idiots that don't follow rules. Then those idiots put my residents at risk. So please. Do as your told. It won't kill you. I serve a lot of WWII vets. Korean War vets and walks of all life. I asked one WWII vet if he felt his rights are being stepped on. He said REALLY and chuckled. Stay safe. We will be back to normal soon

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: J Staton] #6845065
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
J,I try to stay wet.Beaver and Muskrats are my main targets.But I also set for coon,mink and otter.Love the smell of castor.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845076
04/16/20 07:51 PM
04/16/20 07:51 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
The Spanish flu killed a whole lot more people in the Fall of 1918 than in the Spring of 1918. This is not over and is the new norm. The only way we will be able to live with it is by building some herd immunity. There will be no vaccine for this. There are no known vaccines for any of the Corona viruses. The weak and old will have problems with it as will the over weight. When we have fewer in the population that can shed the virus, the less it will be passed through the population. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845083
04/16/20 08:00 PM
04/16/20 08:00 PM
New York
T
Twogunwilly Offline
trapper
Twogunwilly  Offline
trapper
T

New York
Someone died in the rotten apple every 9 1/2 minutes on average before CV-19, I bet all deaths there are classified CV-19 now. I'm calling shenanigans.

Buyer/Trader of B&L traps made in Cambridge NY
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845085
04/16/20 08:03 PM
04/16/20 08:03 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
ooooh---shenanigans huh. you boyz ever been to MEX-E-CO

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: stinkypete] #6845089
04/16/20 08:08 PM
04/16/20 08:08 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by stinkypete
Boco. I agree with you 100 percent As I look and read comments. I look at what part of the world you are from. Most posters are from states or areas with low population and very rural. That in it self is a great slow down for this virus. The main thing about the closures is to stop the spread so it doesn't reach our most vulnerable populations. This virus has been in the US and around the world for a while. A virus main purpose is to grow and spread. This little bugger is great at it. Highly contagious. And goes for your respitory system. LUNGS. Once your lungs are compromised and damaged. Game over. Big difference between this virus and others. Some of you said you work in health care but don't say what you do. I am an environmental service worker. Our main focus now is disinfecting. 3 times a day. Our residents aren't carriers nor are the other vulnerable population. My job is to keep it out of the building and to kill the virus if it enters. I am at risk outside our communities from idiots that don't follow rules. Then those idiots put my residents at risk. So please. Do as your told. It won't kill you. I serve a lot of WWII vets. Korean War vets and walks of all life. I asked one WWII vet if he felt his rights are being stepped on. He said REALLY and chuckled. Stay safe. We will be back to normal soon

I think the point some of us are trying to make is that there are better ways to deal with this than the way our governments are doing it. I have no problem protecting the vulnerable. We should always do that. Its called common sense. But you dont need to ruin an entire economy to do that. If you want to go down the legal road, its pretty clear all these orders are unconstitutional. That should mean something, but unfortunately it doesn't to a lot of people. Now tonight the news is reporting that they are once again downgrading their death rate predictions. Just heard a doctor from Stanford being interviewed and he said it is starting to look like the mortality rate will be about like the flu. If that turns out to be true, then I would imagine even the those hiding under their beds will have to admit that we grossly overreacted. The sad thing is twofold--one there are many many businesses that will never reopen...ever. Those poor people lost everything. I know some who worked their entire lives to build up successful family business and now they are broke. Then there is the fact that there were calm voices from some very smart doctors right from the beginning. I saw many on the news that were against this lockdown from day one. They believed that 'flattening the curve' would only prolong the virus, and they didnt think it was as deadly as we were hearing. Its looking more and more like they were right.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: stinkypete] #6845106
04/16/20 08:29 PM
04/16/20 08:29 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Online happy
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Online Happy
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by stinkypete

I deliver supplies and run lab samples around all over the place. Ive dealt with much worse stuff than COVID.

Dont know how you keep it out of the building unless you're running lysol waterfalls over the entrances and circulating lysol through the HVAC system. We've got housekeeping whose only job right now is wiping down door handles and hand rails with CavityWipes all day. Im training one of those guys next week to do my job, he's excited to get off door wiping duty.

Went to drop off a lab sample from our hospital to one of the main hospitals in Huntington, WVa...I get temp checked at every building here but ive been to that one twice and never been checked. They're a bigger ghost town than ours is.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845115
04/16/20 08:47 PM
04/16/20 08:47 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
stinkypete, other than traveling to and from work are you self quarantining? It seems to me that those at risk because of being elderly with preexisting health problems along with health care workers and nursing home employees would self quarantine. This would allow others to also be able to provide for themselves and their families.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845158
04/16/20 09:21 PM
04/16/20 09:21 PM
ontario canada
taser Offline
trapper
taser  Offline
trapper

ontario canada
wow you americans are...……. well...…...cute??………….

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845171
04/16/20 09:30 PM
04/16/20 09:30 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
I’m pretty sure Wade is embarrassing reality and not in full meltdown mode after reading this thread!

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: Co�s] #6845177
04/16/20 09:35 PM
04/16/20 09:35 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Coös
Fear.

People fear getting the virus.
People fear dying
People fear their loved ones dying
People fear losing their jobs
People fear losing their savings
People fear losing their businesses
People fear not being able to do the things they used to do "freedoms"

What end of that list you're on might define your politics, finances, family situation or personality. But you're just as scared as the folks on the other end.

No matter where you stand, this is an interesting take. Thanks.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845191
04/16/20 09:49 PM
04/16/20 09:49 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Online happy
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Online Happy
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
I see that list as a measure of your Faith. I dont see anything political there.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: trapdog1] #6845203
04/16/20 09:59 PM
04/16/20 09:59 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Online content
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Online Content
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Coös
Fear.

People fear getting the virus.
People fear dying
People fear their loved ones dying
People fear losing their jobs
People fear losing their savings
People fear losing their businesses
People fear not being able to do the things they used to do "freedoms"

What end of that list you're on might define your politics, finances, family situation or personality. But you're just as scared as the folks on the other end.

No matter where you stand, this is an interesting take. Thanks.

x2

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845211
04/16/20 10:05 PM
04/16/20 10:05 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Pawnee I hope you meant embracing and correct no meltdown here. I’m lucky enough to not have to worry about a career although I worry for those around me. I hope they can bounce back if this shutdown marches on. I’m proud of the preparedness I’ve seen in the medical field. If it does ever ramp up we’re waiting. As we have been for a number of weeks now. Instead of being overrun by patients needing ventilators in my immediate area hospitals going bankrupt and unable to care for entire communities is the current emergency.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845219
04/16/20 10:13 PM
04/16/20 10:13 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
To work back home is all I do. My wife is the same. She works for a hospital system. The corona virus is a droplet particulant. Not airborne like smoke. Coughing sneezing touching contact surface. No scientific data that it is going thru HVAC systems. SnippetBBB. No one is allowed in our building except end of life care and staff. All deliveries are delivered outside including meds. Lack of education is the biggest problem. Everyone quotes Spanish flu. If this would go unchecked it would be far worse. Everyone should watch the CDC update every evening. Everyone can believe what you want. I hope none of you nay Sayers have to deal with this virus.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: oneoldboot] #6845224
04/16/20 10:18 PM
04/16/20 10:18 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
My wife and I aren't concerned about money our jobs etc... we care about human life period. And I was not born with a silver spoon up my you no what. Work is work. It will always be a job if you are willing to work. One fella on here talked about faith. That is what we need. Last but not least. I have found when someone is in charge and has to make the final decision. There is a hundred that say they could of done a better job. We here it all day on the news.

Re: I don't understand C19 attitudes [Re: WadeRyan] #6845235
04/16/20 10:32 PM
04/16/20 10:32 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Pawnee I hope you meant embracing and correct no meltdown here. I’m lucky enough to not have to worry about a career although I worry for those around me. I hope they can bounce back if this shutdown marches on. I’m proud of the preparedness I’ve seen in the medical field. If it does ever ramp up we’re waiting. As we have been for a number of weeks now. Instead of being overrun by patients needing ventilators in my immediate area hospitals going bankrupt and unable to care for entire communities is the current emergency.

Wade, agree with you 100%.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread